Old 05-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #241  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I am so mad right now I could cry. I got Will a black out shade for his room. It was not expensive, but we are really trying to stick to a budget. He pulled it ALL THE WAY off the roll. Not just hyper-extended, but off the roll.

He can lay there with the light pouring in until 10 PM for all I care.
Mine have a heck of a time sleeping if it is 'lighter out'. I'm lucky if I can get them in bed at 9 most of the time. I'm thinking about just putting limo tint on their window.

I would try to tape it back on.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #242  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

How accurate do you think sites like the Daily Plate are?

My girlfriends switched our dinner destination tonight to Johnny Carinos and I'm freaking out. My favorite item is the Bowtie pasta, and according to the daily plate one serving is just over 1000 calories. I plan on cutting it in half (at least) and putting the rest in a to-go for DH. I'm still nervous that maybe its not accurate. I wonder if they can do half sauce or something too. Hmmm..

QOTD: I did Body for Life for a while, complete with the supplements and those nasty shakes. That is probably the nuttiest way I have tried to lose. I know it works, but I could not get past those darn shakes - it was a deal breaker for me.

I've yoyo'd for years, but this time I am doing this challenge, plus WW and tons of exercise. (Okay, mostly just walking so far, but it seems to be doing the trick!) I may be the first time I have done something to this end and been guilt-free... It's a very nice feeling.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #243  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

QOTD: I attempted to try Metabolife once. My girlfriend started taking it two weeks before I did. On her third week when her period should have started, she was on the pill, and didn't we both got scared and quit taking it.

The only other thing I have ever tried to do to lose weight was join Curves. We were trying to get pregnant. Within a few weeks of joining the gym I started Metformin. Seven months later I had lost 20 pounds and 20 inches and was pregnant.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:38 PM   #244  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
I am so mad right now I could cry. I got Will a black out shade for his room. It was not expensive, but we are really trying to stick to a budget. He pulled it ALL THE WAY off the roll. Not just hyper-extended, but off the roll.

He can lay there with the light pouring in until 10 PM for all I care.
Hand him a bandanna to tie around his eyes and tell him to buck up buckaroo, that's all there is folks.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:52 PM   #245  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Alright!

Did any of you all get a Wii Fit? My DH got me one and I love it! It is so fun, and the yoga poses I have tried are actually tougher that I thought they would be. I really think it is going to help my posture and my back

On a sad note, I am going to take a Freebie this week. Even with all my exercising and such, I managed to gain .4 pounds this week. I know that with last weeks lose, I am still very ahead of the game, but I so thought I was back on track. I am just really wanting to get to 207, and I can't seem to get out of the 10s and say out of them. This is my penance for not getting on the elliptical or bike and doing a had workout last night and laying on the couch watching Dancing with the Stars. (I WANT TBL BACK - I need my 2 hour Tuesday night last change workouts)

Well, DH is yelling it is time for dinner and since he is the cook, I am on my way!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #246  
Made of Starstuff

QOTD:
Skipped meals, thinking it must save me calories, because I'd be eating less. That sort of thing didn't last very long.

Now? Trying to do this the healthy way. Permanently. I'm no longer looking for a quick fix. And I'm grudingly accepting that I need patience. Back when I was maybe only 75 lbs overweight, I'd be thinking "1 to 2lbs a week? But that means it'd take forever to lose weight... that's so pointless." I could just strangle the old me....
Old 05-21-2008, 07:27 PM   #247  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Jill, I could be wrong, but I don't believe Motrin & advil are nsaid's.
So Anna, how do we feel about dental x-rays? I try to only get them every 18 mos - 2 years which is bucking a big trend. I feel xrayed out - had a mammogram on Saturday, an u/s and ct scan yesterday, and dental xrays today. Enough already. I should be done for another 2 years though now.
Yep, they are NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory). Personally, I still like aspirin.

I never do X-rays. If there is a soft spot, if they feel they need to x-ray to confirm a dental carry, I can live with that. I think that using X-ray as screening, instead of diagnostic tool is slightly dangerous and definitely unnecessary. If you are going to the dentist every year or twice a year, a cavity will be found before it becomes a huge issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Mine have a heck of a time sleeping if it is 'lighter out'. I'm lucky if I can get them in bed at 9 most of the time. I'm thinking about just putting limo tint on their window.

I would try to tape it back on.
On my windows, I have black plastic wrap around the screens, like you would wrap a present. I love it. But I like the kids to have light in their rooms while they play.

Rhonda--about dogbirth. I could make the argument (and I have) that all animals have that ability. But I made darn-good money "teaching" women "how to have babies" and coaching them through it. They would have done better if I had put them in a dark room, alone or with women they trusted and let them do what they already knew how to do.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:57 PM   #248  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

My curtains come in from Bed Bath & Beyond!

Looks like I'm swinging by Lowes to get my trim paint for the bed room before i go home!

I bought cake for the potluck and I had a slice and I had some of the chinese, but only a teeny bit. I think I managed to get by unscathed... at least paint burns calories!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #249  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

I need a diversion....there is a tub of chocolate ice-cream in the freezer screaming to get out!!!! I hate it when those things are on sale...my MIL usually buys a couple of flavours for the kids to enjoy, and it is sometimes a real test of my resistance.
I would go for a jog, but it's raining and cold out, and both my hubby and MIL are out...buying a new (new for her) car for my MIL.
After reading some posts...to catch up...I will make myself a hot cup of tea (tea tastes awful with ice cream!!), and watch some TV, and maybe do some scrapbooking before getting the kiddies to bed.
I started the C25k again yesterday. My dh finally figured out how to download the podcasts onto my MP3....but it didn't download the entire thing...it stopped at 19.50 minutes....who knows what thats about!!!! I told hime to take it to work...he works at a local college, and see if someone there can figure it out!!
Anyway, my little one is asking to cuddle on the sofa for story time.....how can I refuse an offer like that!
Have a great day tomorrow ladies!!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #250  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Anna i hate it when kids break things especially when its things they need .. i have got thick tape and taped my sons shade back together.. and it had held for 2 years now.. and becuase it doesnt need to be pulled down all the way no one will ever know.. the roller is coverd in layers of tape and then its extends around to both side of the shade and all along the top.. work liek a charm .. if wills shade doedsnt have to be pulled all the way down and there is enough to keep the middle covered you could do the same . We wouldnt have this problem if they didnt use thin plastic to attach them to the rollers ..

I have not been above my cals and i have kept exercising but im gaining weight.. im very annoyed about it too .. I know i haven't been eating 100% on plan though.. I wasnt feeliong well or sleeping well and i was skipping breakfast forgetting to take my mutli , not drinking enough water and eating all my food for the day betwee 2pm and 9pm when i get up at 7-8 am.. so now i have gained weight.. NOT HAPPY JAN .. I hope part of it is water weight becuase i still have TOM .. day number 8 for goodness sake lol
and i have been stressed becuase the kids have been sick .. but ATM im sitting at 274.7 which is more then i weighed at the start of this challenge .. yesterday i started esting properly again and i have eaten breakfast thins morning too so hopefully .. this will change.. I hate how easily my body gains... and how hard it is too lose weight .. what it likes being fat???? i just dont get it.. grrr .. I havent weighed myself since just b4 tom started and i was up then too.. and i hoope it is water.. Sometimes i can gain 5 pounds with TOM which then goes away but after 8 days you would think it would go away .. I hope its not becuase i have stuffed my metabolism.. other then the weight im happy .
I had a friend ring me i havent spoken too in years and was actually quite shocked she called me at all .. My sister thinks she is pregnant.. and Cameron is feeling better and is back at school today
Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #251  
Blue Team Member

Dea step away from the ice cream.. IT is not your friend... Tea sounds like a great idea and cuddle sond even better thave a great night
Old 05-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #252  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

QOTD: I think the stupidiest thing I did was Atkins - Not that it didn't work, I lost like 80 something lbs, but I really think it stressed my body. The extreme of anything can't be good for you and my body just stopped losing and started gaining and I got off that train.

I have finally figured out that if nothing else I have to eat healthy, balance, and well-proportioned. You know, those are the same terms I want to apply to the way my body looks and feels ... think there is any corelation?

Last edited by krjpy; 05-21-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #253  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
I need a diversion....there is a tub of chocolate ice-cream in the freezer screaming to get out!!!! I hate it when those things are on sale...my MIL usually buys a couple of flavours for the kids to enjoy, and it is sometimes a real test of my resistance.
No one in the house needs that, so you might as well open it, stick it under the faucet and run the water. You can eat whatever is left after the water has run for five minutes. Yum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amouse View Post
Anna i hate it when kids break things especially when its things they need ..
DH fixed it, so Will gets to live.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #254  
Blue Team Member

Quote:
No one in the house needs that, so you might as well open it, stick it under the faucet and run the water. You can eat whatever is left after the water has run for five minutes. Yum.

LMAO you always make me laugh anna
DH fixed it, so Will gets to live.
Im glad hubby could fix the shade i bet will wont touch it again now.. I yelled at Cameron when he did his and form then on he got me to open and close his Shade he doesnt have it down this time of year unless there is a thunder storm becuase he has verticals in front of it . In summer he uses it though.. His bedroom is on the west corner of our house so the morning sun doesnt go in his room becuase Leah room juts out in front of his . but in the afternoon its a bright room.

Last edited by amouse; 05-21-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #255  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_Amarie View Post
QOTD: What is the WORST thing you ever tried to lose weight? How is what you are doing now different and better for you?
Does anyone remember the original Dexatrim pills? They were nothing like they are today! Those things would give me a "legal" buzz like you wouldn't believe. I'd party all night, then pop a couple of those to wake me up in the morning. I did lose weight. Needless to say, I didn't keep that weight off for long.

Then, how about those Slimfast? I remember drinking three of those each day and bypassing the "sensible" dinner. Yep, I lost weight. Nope, I didn't keep it off.

Now, I eat healthy foods and some not-so-healthy foods in moderation. I don't eat white bread, white rice, white pasta and eating white potatoes is a treat for me. I'm usually successful at keeping all junkfood and sugary foods out of the house. We've switched from using tons of vegetable oil and real butter, to using a bit of EVOO in our cooking. And,fast food or restaurant food is an occasional event and no longer a part of our daily meal plan. I now make more of an effort to workout. Now, I average at least 10 days a month of exercise. Its not a lot, but it more than the big goose egg I used to get. All in all, I'd say I'm doing much better sense I started this journey. I've managed to lose 35 pounds and reversed my insulin resistance.

Amarie, thanks for posting this QOTD. It has really helped me to take a look at my progress and realize that I've not failed at this weight loss thing afterall!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-21-2008 at 09:51 PM.