Old 05-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #16  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

lmao .. mmm hot tanned aussie men ... arghhhh ...

thanks Dora i love singsnap its great fun but i wasnt singing with sinead i harmonized it myself lol thats why its stuffs up half way through lol

Last edited by amouse; 05-18-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:25 PM   #17  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Weigh In Day is Tomorrow!

Don't forget to weigh in!

I'm a fangirl for early weighers and the sooner we weigh in the sooner I know the results!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:34 PM   #18  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I say jumper for sweater now too

Dora - thanks for your comment!

just checking in, have to jump in the shower. All prepared and ready for the day!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:37 AM   #19  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Hi Blues!
How are you all? It's 3:45am and I've just returned from the gym about an hour ago. I don't know why, but I simply cannot get up early in the morning before work to hit the gym. I remember when I was younger I used to wish to be a vampire when I grew up. Guess I've always been a night owl, or perhaps a is more appropriate given the vamp reference. I changed my mind when I realized vampires killed people. Plus, I didn't want to be stuck with this body for centuries.

Really, Chat# 5?! My goodness. Wish I had time to go back and read it all just to see what all the chatting is about. Is there more chatting than usual or is it just because the team is so large?

I'm down 1lb this week. Wished for more, but will take what I got happily since 1 down is better than 1 up. I started Week 2 of C25K tonight and "wogged" 2.18 miles tonight. I'm proud of myself since I really am not a runner or jogger or fast walker. My high school softball coach used to tease me by calling me a ballerina. According to her, I ran on my toes and ever so gracefully. Funny thing is I run normally when I don't have shoes on.

OK, that's enough of me sharing my weirdnesses.

Have a beautiful week everyone! And in case you didn't know, BLUE TEAM ROCKS!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:41 AM   #20  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Hey guys! I hope you had all had a great day!

Things that made my day!!!
- my gorgeous little boy Liam - he tried really hard in swimming lessons tonight
- all my students in my kindergarten class for their enthusiasm but especially the little dyspraxia boy I have who said his sounds - he only says 4 words
- not having to spend a cent today
Old 05-19-2008, 06:50 AM   #21  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all. Nothing much going on here. Up early this week, DH has to be at work during the days this week. I don't mind because he'll be home in the evening to help with the kids, it's when he works nights that I have a hard time cuz the kids don't listen to me to save their lives. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:35 AM   #22  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers. I missed everyone this weekend. This is the first time I've had a chance to sit down and catch up. Thread 5...Love it! My family had a wonderful visit with my Dad and step-Mom. Unfortunately, the weekend passed too quickly. This is the DDs' last week of school. Next weekend, my in-laws will be here for a visit and they'll be taking the girls home to Florida.

Confession time....I've not been doing well with weight loss and exercise. Last week, I was battling the urge to binge and I did not handle myself gracefully. My emotions have been on a roller coaster and I've been trying to stuff them down with food. I'm not really happy with my job and there are some unresolved issues with things that happened between me and Dad after my Mom passed. Today, I have a 5 pound gain as result of my binge. I'm so very aggravated and disappointed with myself. I will be taking a freebie for last week and busting my a$$ to lose 5+ pounds this week. Hubby and I will begin walking again this afternoon and I have decided to start blogging again. I need to find an outlet for all of this crapola that is floating around in my brain.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan week.

GO BLUE!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-19-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:52 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Another thread. I have to get back more often. I had an awful week and gained 6 pounds. I hope its water weight. I have to stop eating so much salt. I also need to get more exercise in. I have given up on the beach challenge and just need to worry about getting in at least some exercise. I paid for a gym membership and have to use it. Unfortunately I can only go a few days a week. I need to track my food again and maybe that will make me feel accountable.

My husband is driving me crazy. He won't help with housework during the weekend when I work 1-10 pm then 6am-3pm. All I want is a little help. He finally told me last night that the generic Zoloft he got 18 days ago doesn't seem to be working. Not that he needs a bigger dose but isn't working at all. So he's going to call the dr and pharmacy to see if there could be something wrong with them.
My 2 year old just joined me and crawled into my lap so I'll talk to you all later.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #24  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

OK, since no one has put up a question of the day (QOTD), I will:

QOTD: When you reach your goal, what do you want to do to celebrate?

I want to take a ride on a Zipline. When we went on our cruise las year, I was still to big to ride the one they had at an island. It was the longest zipline over water and looked so cool. I really want to do that and not have someone what to put me on a scale to make sure I don't weigh to much. I also want to go to an amusement park and ride all the rides I couldn't fit in.

Well, food was ok this weekend, I didn't really eat off plan, but didn't really have the best choices either, but I did workout really well. I am doing the C25K on my elliptical and started Week 4 (I do a 45 minute version) and have been getting in about 3.5 miles on average, which means I am doing about 12 to 13 minute miles, which is pretty cool for me.

I have a person question in addition to the QOTD: Does anyone else out there have a DH (significant other) that is totally oblivious to your weight loss. You know I could see if I had only lost a few pounds him not saying anything, but after 97 lbs and 6 sizes, you would think he would have something to say. I don't know how to approach it with him either. I don't want to sound like I am looking for kudos ... well, maybe I am ... but it feels like maybe I don't really look good if he doesn't say anything, and I don't want to say something just to have him feel obligated to say something to me, I don't know ... maybe I am just going crazy.

On a really good note, my DS won his soccer game on Thursday, but his game on Saturday was cancelled, he had his corssover ceremony for Cub Scouts and is now a Bear, so we were all really excited.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:23 AM   #25  
budding cinephile

My body is not being nice to me... I ate on plan all weekend and worked outside in the yard and I was still up from last week. I'm hoping to get those pesky 2 lbs off next week, so I'm going to go ahead and take a freebie week this week so I'm not damaging the team any further since it looks like we'll have others that gained.

I have 2 class parties to attend this week. There's this one girl that keeps getting put in classes with me and she thinks that every class we have to have parties. Its not that I can't afford to make something, but its like everytime they get more and more crazy. In my advanced spreadsheets class, this will be the 2nd party this term! Then in business law, everyone is bringing chinese, and its not the steamed stuff either. So I have that to battle this week. I'll probably just eat before I go to class both of those nights.

We went out to BJ's and got 3 weeks worth of groceries on Friday night. $530 later. I'm hoping they last for like a month. Not hardly with my husband.

I got some flowers my husband bought me planted this weekend. I have one rose bush, a gerber daisy and a calla lily. They are all at different sections of the house so it looks funny. I didn't want to put anything in the front of the house cause I want to get all that done at one time.

I'm really ready to seriously hurt the dog that lives behind us... or its owner! When we first moved into the house in January, the lady in that house had a medium to large dog that she would let run loose in her backyard that has a 4 foot fence. Well I'm walking Lexi outside on a leash cause we don't have a fence, and this dog jumps the fence not once, but twice. It proceeded to jump all over Lexi and scare the crap out of her. The neighbor is calling her stupid dog and its not listening... it even jumped on me when I was trying to take Lexi in the house. So eventually the lady got the hint (after she had to chase the dog around the neighborhood in the middle of the night ) and she started to chain the dog up or not put it in the yard when I was outside.
So for two months I didn't see this dog... then a memorial plaque shows up in the far corner of the lady's yard and I thought it was the dog (it was some other dog she had.) Anyway I thought the thing was gone up until this weekend.

I go to take Lexi outside this morning and the dog is tied up to a tree stump and barking really loud and going nuts. And Lexi was petrified! Normally she goes outside right after breakfast, does her number 1 and then is right into number 2. Its like a 3 to 5 minute job. Oh but not this morning... that dog scares her to death, so much that I had to walk her to the opposite end of the backyard from where she normally potties just so she would go.

So that made me late to work...

I want to go say something to my neighbor but she's already made the gesture of tying the dog up which is more than I expected her to do. Maybe she realized I was going to give her dog a swift kick to the jaw if she threatened me again.

Gosh... didn't know I needed to vent about it that bad.

Anywho, work seems slow and my funk seems to be dissipating so I'll probably be online most of today.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:23 AM   #26  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Karen--here is the truth about generics.

They only have to be within 80-120% of active ingredient to get to market. As though that were not risky enough, the purchasing is screwy too.

Let's say you get your meds at Mega-Drug. Mega-Drug may change suppliers monthly or quarterly. So your generic at Mega-Drug was working because it was in the range of 100-120% compliance. Then Mega-Drug gets it cheaper through another generic manufacturer. Now you are getting the 80% compliance and things stop working.

I am a big fan of "dispense as written" for most meds. Antibiotics and decongestant and such, I don't worry about so much. But with Meara, changing to generic could mean the appearance of side effects or a seizure. Either way, we would never know if it was her or the meds.

If Zoloft as brand has worked for him, I would not accept a generic substitute.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #27  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

mumtoliam- not spending a cent, damn, I wanna be you!
Rhonda- Good idea with the journaling!
Kripy- I have no problem fishing for kudos (from my boyfriend), it opens the door for compliments and comments, after that maybe he will come up with his own, after all, this is your soul mate - be honest.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:28 AM   #28  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
I have a person question in addition to the QOTD: Does anyone else out there have a DH (significant other) that is totally oblivious to your weight loss. You know I could see if I had only lost a few pounds him not saying anything, but after 97 lbs and 6 sizes, you would think he would have something to say. I don't know how to approach it with him either. I don't want to sound like I am looking for kudos ... well, maybe I am ... but it feels like maybe I don't really look good if he doesn't say anything, and I don't want to say something just to have him feel obligated to say something to me, I don't know ... maybe I am just going crazy.
I have the exact opposite actually. My husband decides to tell me that I'm not going to lose weight and that all women are liars. Specifically when we are at lunch at his work, he gets his whole family of guys there saying the same things. So I just ignore him, or tell him he really needs to take a look in the mirror considering he's also over weight and already has a heart condition.

For some reason I just had a mental picture of Dee telling me to get ready to cash that life insurance check.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:36 AM   #29  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
QOTD: When you reach your goal, what do you want to do to celebrate?
I want to go away with Hubby to a Sandals resort or something like that...with a private little pool and balcony and a beautiful room. But, have you ever priced those resorts? Yikes!

Quote:
I have a person question in addition to the QOTD: Does anyone else out there have a DH (significant other) that is totally oblivious to your weight loss.
My Hubby comments on my loss frequently, however, I think he's just blowing smoke up my ...eh...you get the picture. He's almost too encouraging, if that makes any sense at all. It's like he wants me to lose more so very badly that he feels like he needs to make a big big production about everything. It's kinda annoying. Honestly, I don't understand how your Hubby can let 97 pounds pass by him without one comment. That just doesn't make sense. Seems like a serious heart-to-heart needs to happen.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-19-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Well I made an appointment with my husband's doctor for him to have a chat. I'm afraid with him not feeling good he won't call. He doesn't always think well when he's like this. My sister in law is also on generic zoloft and hasn't had any problems. They go to a different pharmacy and her pills look different so maybe we need to switch pharmacies. But that's up to his doctor an him to decide. I just hope we don't have to wait for him to use his last 12 pills.

My DH notices my weight loss. He's all into how I look. Unfortunately I'm not as in the mood as he is or was before the pill problem.

Last edited by kgood2005; 05-19-2008 at 09:22 AM.