Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Then throw a pie at him.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:32 PM   #182  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Y'all make me smile.

Its raining again - someone must be singing johnny appleseed. Hmmm... I'm curious, any old girl scouts who catch the reference?

Well, I'm hunkered down for the night - too wet to walk or run. Blah blah, bed early, I guess. 'Night!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:26 AM   #183  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

CONGRATS RED and BLUE

Way to go BLUE team Red is on our tail.. this is the week to up the game and keep kicking butt

Question how many members has this challenge lost?? all the thread seem quieter.. or is it just becuase we are all getting on with it?? Are the Teams still even in numbers? and does the weight loss of dropped out members count to the end score?

I have identified my problem adn havent written myself a new schedule to try to combat it.. I lose weigh very slowly and finf it very easy to go back to old habits..

Like not eating breakfast then noe having lunch till 2 then eating the rest of the day.. I may not gone over calories but im not happy and not losing weight and not sleeping well either.. I spend to much time lookign after the kids and not myself.. Meal times will no longer be a way to get some chores done... I will eat .. too lol.. House work in general will wait till Cameron is home to keep Leah busy .. i will not do chores instead of eating becuase i knw leah will be still for 30 minutes at lunch time.. lol..
So i have written donw a schedule and by golly ima gonna do my best to stick to it..
I fell asleep at 3 am got up and 8.20 on school photo day.I ate a banana and took Cameron too the hairdresser for a much needed haircut . The schedule said his class was being taken at 10 am .. while in the hair dresser a mum came in and told me they brought it forward to 9.20.. omg.. it was 9.18 when she told me.. lol
I had left the phot form and money at home lol.. OMG.. i ran Cam to school just as his class was getting setup for the picture.. (WE made it) ran home got the form and then waited at school till 11.30 for his other picture.. He is not well I picked my boy up after a call from the school yesterday he had a headache so bad he was balling his eyes out.. and a high temperature , sore throat and a belly ache.. He feels alot better today but he still had a temp and sore throat and mild headache. so there was no way i was leaving him at school.

IM doing better then my usual eat nothing till 2pm..
8.30breakfast i had a banana and remebered to take my multi..
12.00lunch i had chicken avocado cucumber and cow roll
2pm V8 juice.
I plan on having a snack at 3-4 and then dinner at 6-7
Old 05-21-2008, 12:29 AM   #184  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Okay its way past 3 pm and I am just now getting a chance to get on here and get caught up.

I went to the gym tonight and I had to do some things for school. I'm already behind and the class is only 6 weeks. I need to get on it. This is the week/weekend to do it.

Anna--As usual ROTFL!

Zinke--Funny about figuring out the % to the nth degree because I figured that would make the difference too. I'm really thinking about that because I'm in a stats class right now too.

Diva--Shoot I missed the marathon. I kept forgetting to watch Workout. Well I 'm thinking there might be a possibility they may run the marathon again this weekend.

Congrats Kelly for being this week's Biggest Loser!

Also congrats to the team. I kept looking at the other teams weigh ins and knew it would be close.

About the gym. I went in there like I was on something. Like I lost my mind. Like I was superwoman. Like I bumped my head. I did 20 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes on the elliptical, and a 60 minute Powerball class. I was planning to go tomorrow. Thats not happening. I think I will be too sore tomorrow. I did decide that I will plan to go to the gym every Tuesday & Friday. So I will be back there on Friday. I will attempt to force myself to do some cardio at home tomorrow and Thursday. Saturday I will do the 5k for 3FC.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:32 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default humpday

Hi

read the humpday posts listed under new listings

my plan for the day

plan for the weekend - lost track that it was Memorial Day Weekend
get gas for grill
vacuum and sweep floors tonight
plant some sunflower seeds

for a small state CT temps. have quite a range - northeast corner early a.m. has been quite cool, rain again this afternoon-

BLUE TEAM ROCKS!

Last edited by trailgroomer; 05-21-2008 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:35 AM   #186  

Height: 5'7"

My sunflower plants are now over a foot tall. The stalks are really getting thcker.
I took measurements today and am so please to see the inches come off. I have lsot 10" off my waist and hips so far 8" off my waist. I think im back to being a pear shape instead of an apple shape.LOL
I took a mid week peak at the scales and they are stuck. Tom is close.
So much going on this week with my baby graduating from high school.
Keep me in your prayers.
debi
Old 05-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #187  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

this morning.... I'll bbl
Old 05-21-2008, 08:16 AM   #188  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers!

Before I forget...... Congratulations Blue Team! We are rocking this challenge and I'm incredibly proud of our team. And, Kelly....Congratulations on being our Biggest Loser. And, kudos to Josephine for your great percentage this week. Ladies....talk to us. Tell us how you're doing it. Those are great third week losses! If we can get the whole team on your page, there'd be no stopping us.

Debi - You have last an amazing amount of inches!
Shay - I love your description of your gym visit last night.
Amy - Breakfast is a biggie for me, too. I find that I'm much more likely to stay on-plan when I eat my oatmeal in the morning.
Karen - How exciting to be able to take your 2 year old on his first trip. What attractions will you be going to?
Vixjean - Please share...what good things are happening at work today? You just can't leave us hanging like that!
Fran - I'm so sorry to hear about the kidney stones. I hope they pass quickly for you.
Kim - Welcome back...glad to hear that you had a great visit.
Jill - I'm really sorry to hear about your test results. I hope your doctor will work with you to resolve your health issues without relying 100% on the medication. Regardless if the two of you decide on medication or not, losing more weight and continuing to get fit will only benefit you. Let this moment in time serve as added motivation to keep making the wonderful changes in your life that you've made in the last few weeks.
Nori - I'm sorry to hear that yesterday was a funky day for you. Hope today is much much better. And, feel free to share your drama with us anytime...that's what we're here for.

Today, it's business as usual in my little corner of the world. 8 hours of computer work, then my 3.9 mile walk with Hubby and some American Idol....Go David Cook!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll check back in again later.

GO BLUE!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-21-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Karen - How exciting to be able to take your 2 year old on his first trip. What attractions will you be going to?
We're definitely going to Santa's Village and Storyland. My DH and I went to Storyland on our Honeymoon and made a day trip with my brother's family when I was pregnant. It's really fun for kids. I haven't gone to Santa's Village since I was a really little girl. We haven't decided where else to go. Our budgets not huge for this thing. We're at nearly $300 with the motel and those attractions.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Debi - Wow, that's a lot of inches you lost! And how exciting that you've got an upcoming high school graduate. Lots of changes for you!

Fran - You have my total sympathy about the kidney stone. I had gallstones a few years back and it was horrible. I hope you feel better soon!

I have ankle bones again this morning. DH gave me the most beautiful foot rub in bed last night and I think it made a huge difference. Now I'll get in a couple of really good days of eating and hopefully the scale won't be too angry at me!

Ugh. Why do my kids always have to fight when I'm asking for a minute to myself?
Old 05-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

I'm also happy that apparently my 6 pound weight gain was water cause it's been steadily declining every day. Now I'm only up 2 pounds. That'll teach me chips are bad not only for calories but salt too. When I was 40 pound heavier I never noticed feeling bloated. Now when I eat too much salt I feel it. Not just see it on the scale. I really need to start being better. Yesterday wasn't too bad. I want to weight less before our trip. I think now I'm smaller than when we went on our honeymoon but a little smaller would be nice. But you can't choose where you lose weight from. I'll probably just lose from my chest like normal when I want to lose from my weight. Maybe I need to take my measurements again.

Last edited by kgood2005; 05-21-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:32 AM   #192  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning gang. Can someone please come over and do my chores for me today? I'm feeling tired and just want to lounge aroung reading 3FC.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Morning gang. Can someone please come over and do my chores for me today? I'm feeling tired and just want to lounge aroung reading 3FC.
I might be convinced. I've got that "I'm all out of sorts because I just got home from vacation and don't know what to do with myself" thing going on. Maybe if you take care of my nutty children I'll do your work?

I'm trying really hard today not to resent the fact that DH went into work when I specifically asked him to take today off in lieu of his weekend which he worked through. I've been the lone parent for 11 days straight and the thought of running a couple of errands alone right now is really nice! But nope, he's gone out the door even earlier than normal instead. Ugh!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

no way! not unless someone comes over and does mine too!
I've somehow lucked out and only have one load of laundry, i've done some sweeping, but i think that's about IT for me today. I need to clean the bathroom but i think it can make it a few more days as long as i spray the mildew and clean the toilet.
I STILL don't feel well, something is definitely "wrong", but i'm going to make a dr's appointment later today for asap.. i'm not as stressed, i talked to my bf about the money thing and as usual he's going to save the day but he's mad i let myself get so stressed about it before i asked him (I HATE having to ask, but with gas prices even the expected extras - like property taxes and car registration are just not something i can afford)
it's just so frustrating! I know I left a well-paying job to work closer to home (even with gas prices as they are i'm still saving over $40 a week in gas) AND to do something I really enjoy, but even 7 months later it's so hard to adjust to having a much smaller budget - same bills, about 40% less pay. We figured it out before i took the job and while I can afford the basics, extras are going to be out for quite awhile. He supports me in my choice and knows the pay won't be forever and the benefits are worth it (both job perks and being home more, generally less stressed, a much more secure job) but it's so hard for ME because when we first got together, I had the better paying job and i'm so used to being financially independent that i really HATE having to rely on someone else for any kind of help.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #195  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgood2005 View Post
I'm all excited. We booked a room up in the White Mountains in June.
We stayed at this place:
http://www.redjacketresorts.com/fox_ridge_resort/
and we got a really good deal. you might see if they have any deals on expedia as well...that is where I found them. We took Will to Storyland when he was 2, and because he is freakishly tall, he could ride every ride. In fact, I was preggers, and he could ride more than I could! I suggest packing a lunch. The food there was pretty bad, which is good. that is to say it is NOT commercialized. You don't see "The Pepsi Bandstand" or "The McDonald's Petting Zoo". However, I am pretty sure they went Sam's Club and got whatever they could cook short order. Scary hotdogs, slimy pizza. All of which I am willing to tolerate to keep it from being like the average theme park. Just pack your own snacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgroomer View Post
Hi

read the humpday posts listed under new listings
I think I may taking the term hump day to a new level today.

OK, skinny girls whose bodies have not gotten the message! New day. new choices. New chances to take advantage of new opportunities!

I started a new habit today. By June 18, it will be a life-long change! Woo hoo! I started walking in the morning agin. I had a doctor tell me a long time ago that for her and for most of her patients (She is an OB) the best way to lose weight is to work out in the AM. When I have done that, I have had great success. But after breeding two of the worst sleepers in history, it was not possible. Now that Meara is stable, I am going to start working out in the mornings.

It seems that in the last week, something has come up almost every evening that makes it nearly impossible to get my walk/run in. It builds some resentment toward those with whom I live, let me tell ya. The only way to combat that is to get it done in the AM. I also can get some of the "get ready" things done before breakfast, which helps the day run more smoothly.

I also plan to drink a liter of water before noon everyday. I think part of my grazing is due to thirst, and I need to take care of that.