Old 05-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
I like the layout and how it shows very limited use of dairy and red meats. I kind of wonder about the lack of numbers of servings though.

I'd originally planned to stay away from the scale until the weekend but I haven't. I was up 4 lbs yesterday but I was ok with it since I knew I was retaining a lot of water. This morning, though, I'm still at the same weight even though the swelling in my hands and feet has gone down. We're going away again this weekend, but I can post my weight on Monday rather than tomorrow right?
Old 05-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #272  

Height: 5'7"

Jill, sorry to hear about the health stuff Your situation reminded me of the movie Kundun, about the Chinese occupation of Tibet in the 60s - one of the last things the Dalai Lama says is "We were just about to change. We were going to do it ourselves. We were about to change." (But the Chinese invaded on the premise that they were coming in to improve the country... etc etc...) Even though you're doing this yourself, your body decided to give you an unwanted push... Okay now that I think about it the Kundun reference is only vaguely applicable but since I've typed it out already I won't go back and delete it Sorry, anyway, I know you can do this, you'll be off those meds in no time and the dr will wonder why the question of surgery was even brought up. Good luck, we're all cheering for you!!

KimProbable - glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation!! That's really interesting stuff about the cinnamon - I had no idea. I'll have to pass that on to my family, we're all very at-risk for blood sugar problems...

Debi - Congrats on the inches lost!

tinainab - I've heard so many horror stories like yours recently about scammers, ebay, and paypal, and their inability to get things resolved when they're totally being taken advantage of. I'm sorry to hear you're going through it too I hope everything works out in the end... Those pictures ought to be worth something...

Chelle - sorry to hear about Daniel's hearing!

Yesterday's QOTD - hmm, in high school I was alternately not eating anything until dinner, taking dexatrim max, using those stupid weight-loss patches, and taking some bizarre supplement I found over the internet (some kind of cow bone oil? maybe? I don't remember what it was but it definitely had to do with animals). So I was always hungry, could never sleep, and felt miserable, in addition to losing money in the process Not a pound lost, either. Oh well I'm all the wiser now for it.

Well, that's all I've managed to cherry-pick from the past 7 or so pages... I read up on everyone though, so I feel slightly informed again

I've been pretty off-plan this whole week, I sold DH to my father for five days () and not having him around seems to make me want to eat and eat and eat. Darndest thing. I'm fighting it, though, and I guess it's a good thing I won't be able to make my WI this week... I have an extra week to work out whatever damage I've done this week.

I'm excited about the long weekend - I'm taking tomorrow off work to see my sister graduate law school, then I have four days to spend with my mother who I haven't seen in almost 2 years... I know I can keep my eating on track this weekend, and it's supposed to be just GORGEOUS outside too... I foresee lots of walks with my 3.5 year old niece, shoe shopping (read: walking around the mall), and at least one bout of intentional exercise when the 3FC 5k happens! (Shoot, that reminds me, I forgot to pack my pedometer and I can't go back home to get it - I gave my house key to the cat sitter! GAR.)

Emotionally, I have no idea what to expect from the weekend (re: mother visit) but I know that I'm going to get moving again and jump back on plan with a vengeance... I certainly need to.

Thoughts and s to everyone, enjoy your days and think healthy thoughts
Old 05-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #273  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Hope everyone is having a lovely Thursday! It's grey and rainy yet again in Seattle this morning.

No big plans here for Memorial Day weekend. I may take the girls across the mountains to my parents house for a couple days. DH is on call, so he cannot go anywhere.

The next weekend though DH and I are taking a weekend trip to Oregon sans kids! I'm embarrassed to say we haven't gone away alone together since Livi was born 4.5 years ago. So we'll start with a weekend and then maybe later we'll get brave and do a "bigger" trip!
Old 05-22-2008, 11:35 AM   #274  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers. Today is one of my headachey days, so I slept in and got a late start on my workday. I have tons of stuff to get finished because tomorrow starts my very long weekend. I don't have to work again until Wednesday. This is the weekend that the in-laws come visit and take the girls home with them. I have so much to do and I'm feeling a tad bit stressed. I keep telling myself that everything doesn't have to be picture perfect. God knows, their house isn't! Some clutter is okay with a household of 2 adults, 2 children, three 3 furbabies, one featherbaby and 2 tiny rodent babies, right?

The scales still aren't smiling for me yet. I had to change my hormone therapy and my ankles and feet are swollen. I'm also experiencing intense cravings for salt (which I never crave) and breads. I'll probably have to do some more tweaking of the hormones to correct these side effects. Being a menopausal woman is so much fun!(Hmmmmm.....maybe the hormones and the swelling caused today's headache?)

I'll check in again later. Hope everyone is havig a great on-plan day.

GO BLUE!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:30 PM   #275  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Hey team! I can't believe how much I'm missing on here this week by working 1/2 days. When I leave work I've been going home to work in the yard and after that I'm too tired to chat. My building is done and I've started moving things in. It's really the perfect size. Now my laundry room is no longer holding camping gear and Christmas decorations. I think I'll be setting up my craft area in there. I've already surpassed the amount of minutes needed for my cabana boy this week. I'll have to see where we're going next week. If it's nice on Monday and I'm not working OT to catch up on what I didn't get done this week, I might try to walk the entire length of the Blackwater Trail. I think it's about 7 miles.

Gotta go back to work...
Old 05-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #276  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I'm alive! Just piddly farting around the office trying to get stuff done before tomorrow.

I turn in my homework for Adv. Spreadsheets tonight and I'm done with that class! I got an A in Business Law which I didn't think I'd do... So now its just accounting 4 and I'm done!

I made a new goal last night....

I graduate on the 13th, and I have some sexy stilettos I bought on my honeymoon last year.... Oh yea! My plan is to tone up in 3 week and be able to walk across the stage in my sexy shoes!

BTW I got my curtains and hung them last night... they make my bedroom look so pretty! I'd post pictures but I don't have any right this second and I still have a few things to hang up on the walls before I got for the photo opt of my favorite room!

Gotta finish my carb happy lunch... I'm sure I'll be buzzing til 3 pm
Old 05-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #277  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Dee: Just saw on the news FL is getting some storms... finally. for in FL for once!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #278  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Default Off topic

I just came back from the bathroom and saw someone do their business and NOT wash their hands. I've seen this so many times. I just cannot understand how can people use the bathroom and NOT wash their hands afterwards especially in a public bathroom. It's so gross!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #279  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Dee: Just saw on the news FL is getting some storms... finally. for in FL for once!
NO!!!!!! No rain today, I still have free yard labor. They are forecasting scattered showers, but I'm sitting under blue skies right now.

Actually my grandma mowed my yard yesterday while Mom and I cleared some more of the fence line. DH had a fit yesterday when he came home and a 78-year old was mowing the grass. I tried telling him that it was either that or let her use the chainsaw. I guess I come from a tougher line of women than what he's used to.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #280  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Won't be around much today. Lots to do. Making good choices so far. Keeping busy is a big help in that for me, so I am off to do what I do.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #281  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
I just came back from the bathroom and saw someone do their business and NOT wash their hands. I've seen this so many times. I just cannot understand how can people use the bathroom and NOT wash their hands afterwards especially in a public bathroom. It's so gross!!!
That could be me on any given day. There is no way on earth I am touching ANYTHING in the bathroom that can be avoided. I wait until I am out of there and use the hand sanitizer. I don't really want to grab a faucet that has just been grabbed by someone who may or may not have good TP control when wiping. I am happy to live with my germs, but someone else's? No thanks.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #282  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
David Cook Won!

I didn't get to see his final performance cause they ran past the time for the DVR so yea....

If it was the song contest song he sung the night prior, I'm glad I missed it... they are always so cheesy.

It was pretty cool the way it went down, not too cheesy, showed his genuine, nice guy side--good confetti and emotions too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HByINm6Bgbs
Old 05-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #283  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
Actually my grandma mowed my yard yesterday while Mom and I cleared some more of the fence line. DH had a fit yesterday when he came home and a 78-year old was mowing the grass. I tried telling him that it was either that or let her use the chainsaw. I guess I come from a tougher line of women than what he's used to.
My family used to get so mad when my Grandma would go out to mow the lawn at 72. She might have fought you for the chainsaw as well. Gotta stay active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
That could be me on any given day. There is no way on earth I am touching ANYTHING in the bathroom that can be avoided. I wait until I am out of there and use the hand sanitizer. I don't really want to grab a faucet that has just been grabbed by someone who may or may not have good TP control when wiping. I am happy to live with my germs, but someone else's? No thanks.
I agree! I am so glad that more and more bathrooms are automatic everything so I don't have to touch stuff.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #284  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Must be me then cuz I sanitize the faucet before I touch it if there are no automatic ones Not to mention we have automatic faucets here at work and they still don't wash hands. I always carry a hand sanitizer in my purse.

Last edited by pintobean; 05-22-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #285  
Accepting who she is

Default Are you hiding???

Oh, Bluesers, we have seen this in challenges before...

The first few weeks are Rah! Rah! Go Team! Then the chatter starts to dwindle (which I know some of you see as a blessing). But usually, when people are not stopping by to see us, it is because they are off plan. They are embarrassed to admit what has happened to their enthusiasm as they have seen it lap them while they are in the McD's drive-thru. They don't want to show up for the social aspect when they know the scale aspect is not going well.

Is this you? Have you stopped popping in because your resolve is weakening?

Take a deep breath. Forgive yourself. Forgive yourself for having a moment of not living up to your expectation. Forgive yourself for what you have done to your body. Forgive yourself for not ducking out on us rather than let us help you.

Now REALLY forgive yourself, and don't just say you did. This, right now, is a new moment. What is past, is over. It can't be changed. It is simply part of your experience. It is not to be judged. It it not the now.

Think of three things you love about yourself. How would you treat someone who possessed those qualities? Treat yourself that way starting at this moment.

Last edited by onthetee; 05-22-2008 at 02:58 PM.