Old 03-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #1651  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT OP WEEKEND.

I will be swamped with Cub Scouts and helping my parents work on their house, so I will probably miss posting on the weekend (which is my norm).

Good luck to everyone. We aren't far away from the end of this challenge, so make every mouthful count

See you all on Monday!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #1652  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

RHONDA'S QOTD: So far, what health benefits have you obtained from your new lifestyle changes? What improvements have you seen in your daily life?

Health benefits,
Well the main thing that happened to me is,
I now do not have a nasty pulled muscle in my upper/inner thigh, it was so horrible it was messing with my mobility, also messing with being intimate. I am proud to say that it is gone forever.

So now I can tie my shoes and all sorts of fun stuff!

Also, I think my fitness has helped my posture and I am less tired.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #1653  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas View Post
Or not! Mine wouldn't be too happy about it. Ok, mind out of the gutter... Sorry you're in pain.
One of the things I love about you is your dirty mind!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #1654  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Rhonda! Congratulations on starting C25k!!! I've been running for 2 years now and it's one of the hardest and most rewarding things I've ever done.
Just remember, the hardest part is starting!

Chellez happy birthday.

So, I was laying on my side on the couch, which makes my fat fall towards my tummy. So I was poking it and lamenting about how big it was and told my (ex) boyfriend to poke it. (Mistake, I know). And he went "Yea it is. Why don't you have another beer!"

It really hurt my feelings
Old 03-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #1655  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I have a question, (may have been asked before)
How often do you weigh and measure yourself?

I am trying to measure once a month. I weigh in every morning (unless I forget).
Old 03-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #1656  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Okay...so I took a few days to think and I realized that I have been using this site to get the support I need to lose weight, but not giving support in return. I've been so focused on my own goals, I haven't even thought about other people's goals or trying to help them achieve them. Maybe I haven't been part of a team for so long, that I've forgotten how to be a team member? I don't know. I've been so totally focused on my weight loss and getting healthy, I forgot to enjoy the best part of this forum....making new friends. I am ashamed and truly sorry for the way I have acted and for any bad feelings I may have caused. I would like the opportunity to get to know you all and continue as a team member if that is okay.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #1657  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Vixjean--I weigh every morning but I only record and count it once a week. I try to measure once a month but I forgot last month so will be doing it on the 13th for a 2 month measure.

missingmyerica--Great to have another supporting member

Amber--never ask a man opinions on your body! Keep going and you'll be poking and smiling at how much smaller it is before long. Hang in there.

My WI was yesterday and I am down 1.4 for this week. Not as much as I wanted, but at least I am in the groove and headed downward again. I am happy with that. I have been cleaning all day and now have to get moving with lunch, then it's a birthday party and tearing down our back deck, so I probably won't be back online today. Tomorrow is more backyard work, some work in my flowerbeds, and Allie's gymnastics class. I'll try to make it in the morning though before I head into all that.

I am starting to feel drained from these weekends, but there is no relief coming during the week...kids have field trips and parties at school every week for the next 6 weeks I think and I have to do things for all of those! I cannot wait for lazy summer days to come!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #1658  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyerica View Post
Okay...so I took a few days to think and I realized that I have been using this site to get the support I need to lose weight, but not giving support in return. I've been so focused on my own goals, I haven't even thought about other people's goals or trying to help them achieve them. Maybe I haven't been part of a team for so long, that I've forgotten how to be a team member? I don't know. I've been so totally focused on my weight loss and getting healthy, I forgot to enjoy the best part of this forum....making new friends. I am ashamed and truly sorry for the way I have acted and for any bad feelings I may have caused. I would like the opportunity to get to know you all and continue as a team member if that is okay.
Welcome Back My Dear! No hard feelings... just want you on the team!

I just went and weighed myself and I'm up like I thought I'd be. So freebie week for me!

I took some pictures from where I got dressed up yesterday. I think they look way better than the one I have on my avatar now!

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend... try to stay out of some of this nasty weather!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #1659  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

It’s snowing this morning. I can’t believe it! The other day, we had temperatures in the upper sixties. The cherry trees had started to bloom and I was so looking forward to warmer weather and a bit of sunshine. Looks like we need to keep the winter coats, hats and gloves handy for a bit longer.

So far, what health benefits have you obtained from your new lifestyle changes? What improvements have you seen in your daily life?
I reversed my insulin resistance and I’ve lowered my overall cholesterol numbers while raising my HDL’s.

I weigh myself every morning, but I only record Monday morning’s weigh-in. I keep a tape measure in the bathroom and will do a couple of measurements anytime I’m really struggling to stay on-plan.

Anna – I love the big hair! Of course, it might be because I’m just an 80’s girl at heart. The bigger the better!
Selina – I’m so sorry to hear that you’re struggling. I hope things brighten up for you soon.
Amber – Sometimes, our men are clueless! Hang in there. Don’t let this throw you off your game.
Missing – I’m so glad you want to continue as a team member with us! Your weight loss has been so consistent. What you’re doing is obviously working well and your team can definitely benefit from your advice and support.
Purple – Congratulations on your 1.4 pound loss! Hope you can find a few minutes for yourself this weekend.
Chellez – I thought about you last night. I found a beautiful comforter set for my guest bedroom….on clearance for $30!! I’m so excited. Now, I’m planning what color to paint the walls, what kind of curtains to make/buy and what kind of headboard I want to make. Thank God for HGTV and TLC! Have you been able to work any on your exercise room?

Today, it's housecleaning day for me. Hubby is having the guys at our house this evening for poker night...about 10 of them! I'm not sure if I'll take the DD's out somewhere or just hang out upstairs with a good book. I'm putting my weekend overeating solution into play and staying very busy.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 03-08-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #1660  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

My exercise room may become a guest bedroom slash exercise room. But I still don't know. We are having terrible rain here today and while it would be a day to work on it, I like painting in natural light.

I'm going to try and work my way out to Bed Bath and Beyond tonight or tomorrow to finally get curtains!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:40 AM   #1661  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
I'm going to try and work my way out to Bed Bath and Beyond tonight or tomorrow to finally get curtains!
Have you checked out JCPenney for curtains? They usually have awesome sales and they have the best selection...IMO.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:40 AM   #1662  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Okay...so I'm just going to jump right in and answer the question of the day about weighing and measuring. OMG....I weigh myself several times a day!!
I wake up...pee...and then weigh myself. I weigh myself before bed and usually sometime in the afternoon. The numbers don't rule my life, I just find it fascinating how much a persons weight can fluctuate throughout the day and the week. I measure my success by how I am feeling, not just the scale. The scale has been showing a consistent, slow but steady loss....but... in the past couple of weeks I'm not feeling as well as I have before. I'm tired and feeling a bit run down. That's telling me I need to adjust what I'm eating. I only eat whole foods and I've essentially given up red meat and bread. I'm wondering if my iron level is low, especially since I had my period this week. I take a multivitamin, but it's not a name brand one. I did a little research on vitamins and I read that women's one a day was a brand that could be trusted, so I'm off to buy some new vitamins. Does anyone else have a brand they recommend?

It's so gloomy here today, lot's of rain and cold. Perfect day to tidy up a bit and then watch a good old movie and knit.

p.s. thanks for the welcome back.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #1663  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

So far, what health benefits have you obtained from your new lifestyle changes? What improvements have you seen in your daily life?
My knees don't hurt all the time like they used too. Unfortunately I got a very painful bunion recently which has been making walking more painful than my knees ever made it.

I weigh myself mast days and measure myself every couple of weeks.

I've been feeling down again and haven't been good at all. I really need to get back into things. I have at least been going to the gym a few times a week. I think I finally found a solution for my stupid foot problem. A little silicone insert that goes between my big toe and second. It got rid of the pain immediately. Maybe I'll be able to do the treadmill again.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #1664  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberD View Post
So, I was laying on my side on the couch, which makes my fat fall towards my tummy. So I was poking it and lamenting about how big it was and told my (ex) boyfriend to poke it. (Mistake, I know). And he went "Yea it is. Why don't you have another beer!"
Thank god he is an 'ex'. I am pretty sure he would just be a greasy spot on my carpet after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyerica View Post
That took some ovaries, girl! You are more than welcome here, and I am really impressed with your candor AND the bravery to say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Have you checked out JCPenney for curtains? They usually have awesome sales and they have the best selection...IMO.
No, doubt!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #1665  
Accepting who she is

Nice thing about exercising during the day? Wine with dinner.

I had not been able to have wine with dinner for many years, because I had to do my run/walk/workout in the evening. Can't run buzzed.

Now that I am working it in during the day, I get to have wine at dinner!