Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #121  

Height: 5'3"

Today was a beautiful day! It was so good to see the sun and not rain! I hope you all will start and continue to have nicer weather too. I went to the gym for the first time in 3 months (as some of you may remember, we have been traveling) and it felt SO good. We've been walking in the mornings but I really missed the classes (stretch and breathe, yoga stretch and cardio). I'll probably be sore for a while but it's worth it.

We had fast food today which made it rather hard for me to stick to my calorie limit but at least I didn't give up and eat way too much figuring it was too late to salvage the day. I know better now. I feel so much more empowered now that I know I really CAN limit my snacks too. Makes me feel better about myself, you know? I know this weight loss journey will not be easy but I am determined to meet my goal.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #122  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

We are having and mild . . . so mild overnight that all the snow as mostly melted away again . . . but I do not intend to bet that we won't be seeing more.

Right on MARY . . . not only do we have to take it one day at a time; sometimes one meal at a time.

Have a great moving and shaking day, everybody . . .
Old 04-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #123  
Onward and Downward

Old 04-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #124  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

I'm totally bummed.
I gained 5# on my Easter vacation in Brussels. Those delicious Belgian chocolates were the culprits.

So I'm trying to pick up the pieces, and have actually lost a miserable 1#. Need to do better though.

Linda, I must visit here more often. I can't have you talking to yourself most of the time.
Looks like you always get a lot of snow.
There was snow most parts of Europe during Easter, but we do have mild weather now, and spring seems to be around the corner.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #125  

Height: 5'3"

Elyn, I woudn't have been able to resist those chocolates either! Glad you are back on track and already starting to lose again. It's really hard to be consistent with tempting foods around, isn't it?!!

I had done really well all day today....then tonight's meal which I cooked even was very high calorie! Should have figured them up BEFORE I cooked it!
I made Beef Enchiladas...I am thankful at least that I only used 1/2 the sour cream and cheddar cheese. I don't care much for sour cream and I didn't have the low-fat cheddar so that's why I cut back. But the meal still added up to a lot of calories! So far I am not terribly over but I was SO looking forward to a evening snack!!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #126  
Onward and Downward

ELYN . . . . . . good to see you, girl . . . don't be such a stranger. At least when I talk to myself, nobody argues.

MARY . . . . . . guess we've all done that once in a while . . . Soon you just sort of 'know' what will work out badly.

Really only have time for a quick "HI" this morning . . . doctor's appointment . . . then just might take my first stroll on the boardwalk -- it's sunny, relatively windless, and temp is supposed to hit 12C/54F today . . . . . . but guess what is in the forecst for tomorrow -- yep, the "S" word again.

See you later . . .
Old 04-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #127  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Linda~ dropping by to keep you company, not to argue
Hope everything went well at your doctor's appointment.

Maryea~ those Beef Enchilladas sounds good. don't worry so much about the extra calories every now and then. it gets too boring to be so painfully consistent with our diets all the time.

Have been doing better food wise, but haven't started exercising yet.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #128  
Onward and Downward

Glad to have the company . . . . . . appointment went pretty good, I think -- still have to digest a couple of things he said, though. I wish I could learn to love exercise. it really is the missing (almost) link in my plan.

See you later . . .
Old 04-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #129  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Default Scary weigh-in

I weigh in tomorrow and I'm kinda scared about it because I bought a new digital scale and I'm almost assured that it will weigh me heavier than my old one. I haven't lost any weight in over three weeks and I know I haven't gained any but I don't want to go up...it's the psychological shock of seeing a higher number on the scale. Anyway, weigh-in is about 8 or 9 hours away. Think I can loose 5 pounds by then?
Old 04-05-2008, 07:42 AM   #130  
Onward and Downward

Sorry ISABELLA, but that is a big NO . . . but after a little while you kind of get used to the fluctuations; especially the ones from breaking in a new scale. Just remember we are all so much more than just a silly number on a silly little that sits quietly on the floor waiting to scare us.

It is daylight here in our little corner of the world, but that is about all I can say for it. Not a very nice day. So far we've had a dusting of snow and we are currently getting a little covering of ice (just to preserve the snow, I guess). Later on it's supposed to be turning to just plain rain, so that should clear everything away again. Starting tomorrow, we are being promised a very nice and spring-like week.

After chewing over the events from my doctor's appointment yesterday, I've decided my doctor is getting smarter. I think I've been manipulated -- for my own good, of course -- but manipulated just the same. He didn't have too much to say about my lack of weight loss and he is fairly content with my BGL levels since dropping the Insulin. Somehow, however, we seem to have agreed to drop my Actos altogether, while upping my Glyburide to maximum again. Why is this a good thing -- Actos belongs to the same family as Avandia which has had a lot of bad press over the past couple of years for causing heart-related complications. Why is this a bad thing -- if I don't get my act together and lose some more weight and do some more exercise (evil word), my BGL will probably start to climb again and there is no way in the hot place that he will let me go back on Actos; so that will definitely mean a return to Insulin. Sooooo, guess I'd better get myself heading in the great downward direction again, eh . . . Other than that . . . he's sending me back to the Opthomologist (regarding these fuzzy,wuzzy floaters I've got in both eyes now) and he's also sending me back to the Gynocologist (just for a follow up on Fibbie MgGee).

Anyway . . . that is definitely enough of my gripes for now . . . hope everybody has a great and wonderful day dawning out there. Try to keep things moving and shaking and I'll see you all later.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:11 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning meowee!

It's cold and gloomy looking here in NJ, but I get to weigh-in today! That seems like a rather odd sentence doesn't it? Being happy about weighing myself! I am so psyched about changing my way of eating, changing my way of looking forward...

You guys are all so terrific here! Makes me feel good to know I can come here and get the support we all need!

Will chime in after my weigh-in!

Karen
Old 04-05-2008, 08:15 AM   #132  
Onward and Downward

Hope it's a good one KAREN . . .
Old 04-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #133  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Anyway, weigh-in is about 8 or 9 hours away. Think I can loose 5 pounds by then?
You bet, I wish.

Karen~ hope the scale was good to you.

Linda~ how long have you been a diabetic?
I can hear you about the exercise thing. How I wish I'm one of those who seems to really enjoy it.

Last edited by girlieyorkie; 04-05-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #134  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning, everyone.

I hear you re exercise. I have a treadmill sitting right across from my computer and it is the best holder of my jacket, purse, and whatever else I want to get off the floor. My kids keep prodding me to use it and not let it collect dust. Oh well.

Kind of a gray day out here in So. Calif. But I have places to go and people to see so can't let the weather slow me down.

My holistic doctor is very happy with my new low-carb program and wants to get a copy of the book. Now we are treating the pre-diabetic condition with herbs so maybe they will be history next time I see my endocrinologist in three months. He's a genius with herbs and has kept me relatively healthy considering my weight and age.

Lots to do today - going with a group on a little train ride in Ventura County - I didn't even know there was this little train until I saw the notice. Lasts about 3 hours. I'm sure they'll want to eat afterwards, but I intend to bring my own food so I can stay OP. I think the cars are all open so I hope I dress warmly enough.

Last night, I went to a very nice concert with the Gay Men's Chorus - lovely voices, interesting music, but I was glad I got a half-price ticket. I've seen their programs for years and some programs are better than others. This was good but not my favorite. They perform about 4 times a year - Christmas is the best.

Have a lovely day.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #135  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Well, my worse fears were realized this morning. I did not loose 5 pounds overnight but I did gain 7 pounds!!!! Arrrrgh, new scales are hard to take. All of us are now heavier than we were yesterday. My husband only gained two pounds and my son weighed about 7 pounds heavier. But on the bright side I do like the digital scale, lightweight and steamlined. I did weigh on the old scales just to find if I had actually lost any weight but I hadn't. The old scales are now relegated to the "give away" pile and that's the last time I'll step on them. I'll just have to live with my new weight designation (but not for long, I hope). Must go and fix a few numbers.
Closed Thread