Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:21 AM   #211  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like a plan, Isabella . . . I'm happy to say my weight is down a couple of pounds this morning -- finally getting rid of the water weight gain from my tooth-induced binge last weekend. The blood sugar is back down to okay levels, also.

This morning, I was not delighted to discover a couple of inches of heavy wet snow on the ground and no sun or warm temps in sight to help get rid of it. Even more delightful was the news that gas has gone up to $1.33 a litre (quart) this morning . . . Oh my, ain't Spring fun.

Oh well . . . this too will pass. Hope everybody else has a great day of moving and shaking activities planned . . . See you all later . . .
Old 04-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #212  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all, It's raining here but I guess that is better than the snow some parts are getting. We're even getting some thunder, which makes my little dog so scared. He is sitting beside me and getting up and down on my lap.

Denese, Have you decided on a diet yet? What do you usally do, what works for you? I know we are all on different things. At least all the celebrations are over for awhile for you. That will make it much easier.

Isabella, So....how was the weigh in? I know, lots of things going on in May for you, but then, there is always some celebration. we use food to celebrate everything. At work yesterday it was Rehab week and they brough in Krispy Kream donuts and cookies. I am proud to say I didn't have any. But sometimes I do choose to. Evey meal, every bite is a choice.

go make it a good day, Freda
Old 04-25-2008, 11:14 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning,

Another wintry day. I know it will be gone soon but it's been such a long, cold winter.

Freda, I follow WW on my own as far as counting calories/points and I also try to eat lots of protein and limit my carb intake. How about you?

Have a great day,
Old 04-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #214  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm almost afraid to tell you all that it's a gloriously sunny day in Central Newfoundland (God's country) after reading about snow and rain in other parts of Canada/US. Of course, I suppose, tomorrow we'll get snow because of what I just typed!

Freda, my weigh in day is tomorrow and after today's indulgence I might put it off until next week. At least I can laugh over it. I was watching Martha Steward yesterday and she and her guest made zucchini fritters with a full-fat Greek yogurt topping. Would you believe I had all the ingredients except the zucchini and that went on sale today at one of the local grocery stores. My DIL and I went and got some zucchini this morning and made the fritters for lunch and were they good. When we finished them off I decided that they would taste just as good made with carrots and made up half a batch to test out that theory, and I was correct in my assumption. They were #1. I, of course, had to taste many, many fritters to make sure this outcome was most scientific in its conclusion. I think, for the sake of losing weight, next time I make fritters I'll just use the zucchini and carrot without the batter and oil.

Meowee, gas prices have gone through the roof here too (and everywhere) at $1.35.6 a litre. I don't know how much travelling will be done this summer.

Last edited by retiredone; 04-25-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #215  
Onward and Downward

Glad you tested and re-tested those scientific assumptions, girl. Can't be too creful about stuff like that.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:41 AM   #216  
Onward and Downward

Morning . . .

Still cold, windy, and overcast -- but the snow has melted again -- thanks to last night's heavy rains.

See you all later . . .
Old 04-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #217  
Isabella

I weighed in this morning and I've lost another pound which gives me my April's goal of losing 5 pounds. I've lost 5 1/2 pounds since April 1 and the month's not over yet.

I actually feel a bit down today and it's because I didn't get in my circuit workout yesterday. I feel worse about that than the large amount of fritters I ate. Funny (strange, not ha, ha). Well, no time to mope around. Got to get mom her bath and have company coming for dinner (lunch). Maybe the beautiful sunny skies will lift my spirits.

ETA: I got to do my circuit workout before dinner and before everyone came for lunch and I feel much better.

Last edited by retiredone; 04-26-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:03 AM   #218  
Onward and Downward

Oh wow ISABELLA you are doing great this month . . . . . . but you are definitely making me over those fritters.

How's your weather looking today? The forecast around here is calling for all day but so far nothing but heavily overcast skies again. Hopefully the sun will be along soon.

Other than some normal house-related chores, I've got nothing exciting in my plans for the day -- but lately 'stuff' just seems to pop up unexpectedly so you never know.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking day . . .
Old 04-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #219  
Isabella

Hi Meowee, the fritters are in the past. I'm filing that recipe under Christmas appetizers so next time I make them there's a crowd to eat them!

Our weather is overcast this morning with a few snow flurries now and then but I just noticed the sun is trying to shine through. Today I jog again so I hope the temperature warms up in the next couple of hours.

My oldest son and his wife have been with us since Wednesday night and are leaving to go home before dinner (lunch) so we'll miss them but not the extra food that's been around the house. Of all meals to overeat at, I did quite a large breakfast this morning with eggs and hash browns and all I'll say is etc. So light eating the rest of the day along with a jog.

April has been a good month for me weight wise and I hope I don't plateau but I'm expecting it soon enough. Anyway, before I know it will be next Saturday and weigh in again.

I might as well add to this post as start another one. I did my jog this afternoon and by that time the sun was out but it was fairly chilly, but by 1.5 kilometres I had to remove my fleece jacket. I jogged 3.5k and walked 1k. I'm adding half a kilometre each week until I get to 5k and ready for the 3FC Memorial Day 5K.

Last edited by retiredone; 04-27-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #220  

Talking

Hi all,
Newbie here having a pretty good day.

Did all the work I am doing today . so now its R&R time
We are having sun,but not for long Back to rain.
That is why Oregon is so green Ha! Ha!
Well soups cooking on the stove. I better go check on it.
Later, have a good one
Roma
Old 04-27-2008, 07:54 PM   #221  
Onward and Downward

Hi ROMA . . . . . . If it ever stops snowing around here, things might just start to 'green-up'. We finally got about an hour of sun late this afternoon -- wonder what tomorrow will bring -- forecast is for mixed sun and cloud.

Think I'm going to go to bed and read for a little while. Oh I just realized that there is finally someone around here . . . ISABELLA . . . who is actually in an even earlier time-zone than me. I'm so used to being the first one to greet the daylight, but you are 1/2 hour ahead of me.

Good night (or good evening) as the case might be to all.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:15 PM   #222  
Isabella

Hi Roma, Welcome to the boards.

Good night Meowee. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 04-28-2008, 07:23 AM   #223  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . It's another Manic Monday . . . well for some of you anyway. This old retired lady has nothing exciting planned but you never know what might develop.

Hopefully, one of the things that will develop is the sunshine the radio is talking about for all of NS (except Cape Breton). So far, nothing but overcast skies again -- guess I live to close to the island. I do know Spring is really almost here, though. I finally saw some robins.

Okay gang . . . off I go to visit a few more 3FC places. See you all later . . .
Old 04-28-2008, 09:07 AM   #224  
Isabella

Hi Meowee, I was wondering if you lived on Cape Breton with all the miserable weather you're having. I guess if you're close you catch a bit of the overcast skies.

Today I did my 45 minute circuit workout early because I'm taking mom shopping and wanted to get that out of the way. I'm just waiting for the house to warm up so I can give her a bath before we go. (I also will shower so I can mingle with people in the mall, lol). I decided to do the workout before breakfast so I wouldn't have to wait so long after eating to exercise. Bad idea. I was so tired and even feeling a bit weak that by the time I was on the last three or four stations I was running to the kitchen to grab a piece of watermelon to try and get a bit of fast energy. Anyway, I'm all fueled up now and ready to tackle bath time with granny.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #225  
Onward and Downward

I'm in Pictou which is on the Northumberland straight across from PEI (the ferry runs from here) -- about 45 minutes from Cape Breton.
Closed Thread