Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #166  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Just a quick check in here. Grey and flurries today. Went out shopping ONE MORE TIME (I keep syaing I'm finished with shopping - and then think of something else!) MY DD in NC called to asked if I had gotten anything for her fiance yet. Seems most of his pants and shirts ended up in a drier that had a leaky red pen in it and are ruined. I had gotten him a couple of shirts, but went out today and got an additional giftcard. Poor honey.

Lovely photos of grand kids! Thanks for sharing. I am supposed to go and do my hour of eliptiacal, but really am procrastinating. ho-hum.

Lyn
Old 12-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #167  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening

Enjoyed the pic of your grandkids too Rosey. Looks like they had had a fun time that day.

Well, so far so good with my husband here. There have been a few tense moments as we get used to being around each other so much. But it will all work out ok I guess. He is a very up beat person ~ that is good sometimes, other times you could just smack him ~ LOL. If he is too troublesome, I might have to ship him up to Rosey's end of the country.

Hello to all the Golden Girls. Hope you have had a nice day.

Take care
Old 12-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #168  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

Just wanted to wish everybody a Very Merry and Happy Healthy WHATEVER it is that you may be celebrating over the next couple of weeks.

Cats are all at home and seem pretty good right now. It's actually refreshing to be back to the normal level of chaos. Amazingly enough, with all the crappy stuff I've been eating so far this month, I still have NOT touched any Cool Whip. I will probably have some over Christmas week however.

I probably won't have a chance to check in here while I'm away . . . but you never know, I might get lucky. Hang in there gang and I imagine that Lynn (or somebody) will start the new January thread. I'll close the old one on January 3 when I'm back.

See you later . . .
Old 12-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #169  

Height: 5'1"

Just popping in quickly to wish everyone a merry Christmas. I have to work the weekend and Christmas day too, 12 hours. We are celebrating Christmas eve. May your day be filled with love, laughter and peace!
Freda
Old 12-21-2007, 02:44 PM   #170  
Lifetime Loser

c Merry Christmas Freda.....sorry you have to work but I hope your Chrismas Eve will be joyous.

Well, I hate to report that I am not getting back on the exercise routine at all. I have cut down on the calories and upped my water intake. We had to clean house today so maybe that counts as some exercise.

I still can't seem to get our vacation pictures to post, I think they are too large....I'll keep trying.

I am holding off making cookies until Sunday so I can stay out of them. Only making Ch. Chip and a few sugar cookies as that is all my son likes and I'll make a cheesecake for Christmas Dinner that I use splenda in so it won't be too bad.

We are having ham and all the fixings, I got a great glaze recipe from my nephew (a chef) if I can find it!!!! It makes ham a wonderful eating experience.

Got to run, Phyllis
Old 12-22-2007, 07:50 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm back from vacation. We had a good time in Williamsburg. However, since I'm eating in this new way, I find vacations stressful. I typically eat small low-carb meals every 3-4 hours. I need to eat "real" food. Fast food/bakery food is off-limits for me.

When I'm on vacation, I feel like I'm either imposing my needs on others, or I'm put into situations where I'm starving because I ate a small breakfast while my travel companions ate a large breakfast & they're not hungry for lunch until 2pm - or I'm eating a salad because it's the only thing on the menu I can eat.

Does anyone else have this problem when you're trying to "fit in" with travel companions?

Lynn
Old 12-22-2007, 09:32 AM   #172  
Lifetime Loser

Lynn, I have that problem all the time. I have to eat something every 3 hrs. or my blood sugar drops. I carry protein bars, small candy in my purse at all times. Also I have found that the low fat cheese sticks are easy to carry and that little bit of protein really helps. I can usually eat one of these items and no one will really notice so it's not made a big deal of.

Glad you had a nice vacation.....ours was great too.

Phyllis
Old 12-22-2007, 11:36 AM   #173  

Good morning,
I have been MIA and I just wanted to pop in to wish all you GOLDEN GIRLS a MERRY CHRISTMAS
I haven't been dieting nor have I been walking. I did something to my knee, don't know what. It came on me all of a sudden while walking a few weeks ago and I barely made it home. Advil and icing it has helped with the pain. It is starting to get better and have decided to take another week off from walking hoping it will heal even more. I surely do miss it.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend.
BFN, Ali

Old 12-22-2007, 04:39 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello All and MERRY CHRISTMAS I just received this in an email and wanted to share it with you! Have A Great Weekend!

Santa Clause

I remember my first Christmas adventure with Grandma. I was just a kid. I remember tearing across town on my bike to visit her on the day my big sister dropped the bomb: 'There is no Santa Claus,' she jeered. 'Even dummies know that!'

My Grandma was not the gushy kind, never had been. I fled to her that day because I knew she would be straight with me. I knew Grandma always told the truth, and I knew that the truth always went down a whole lot easier when swallowed with one of her 'world-famous' cinnamon buns. I knew they were world-famous, because Grandma said so. It had to be true.

Grandma was home, and the buns were still warm. Between bites, I told her everything. She was ready for me. 'No Santa Claus?' She snorted....'Ridiculous! Don't believe it. That rumor has been going around for years, and it makes me mad, plain mad!! Now, put on your coat, and let's go.'

'Go? Go whe! re, Gra ndma?' I asked. I hadn't even finished my second world-famous cinnamon bun.

'Where' turned out to be Kerby's General Store, the one store in town that had a little bit of just about everything. As we walked through its doors, Grandma handed me ten dollars.

That was a bundle in those days. 'Take this money,' she said, 'and buy something for someone who needs it. I'll wait for you in the car. 'Then she turned and walked out of Kerby's.

I was only eight years old. I'd often gone shopping with my mother, but never had I shopped for anything all by myself.
The store seemed big and crowded, full of people scrambling to finish their Christmas shopping. For a few moments I just stood there, confused, clutching that ten-dollar bill, wondering what to buy, and who on earth to buy it for. I thought of everybody I knew: my family, my friends, my neighbors, the kids at school, and the people who went to my church.

I was just about thought out, when I sudde! nly tho ught of Bobby Decker. He was a kid with bad breath and messy hair, and he sat right behind me in Mrs. Pollock's grade-two class.

Bobby Decker didn't have a coat. I knew that because he never went out to recess during the winter. His mother always wrote a note, telling the teacher that he had a cough, but all we kids knew that Bobby Decker didn't have a cough; he didn't have a good coat. I fingered the ten-dollar bill with growing excitement. I would buy Bobby Decker a coat!

I settled on a red corduroy one that had a hood to it. It looked real warm, and he would like that.

'Is this a Christmas present for someone?' the lady behind the counter asked kindly, as I laid my ten dollars down.
'Yes, ma'am,' I replied shyly. 'It's for Bobby.'

The nice lady smiled at me, as I told her about how Bobby really needed a good winter coat. I didn't get any change, but she put the coat in a bag, smiled again, and wished me a Merry Christmas.

That evening! , Grand ma helped me wrap the coat (a little tag fell out of the coat, and Grandma tucked it in her Bible) in Christmas paper and ribbons and wrote, 'To Bobby, From Santa Claus' on it. Grandma said that Santa always insisted on secrecy. Then she drove me over to Bobby Decker's house, explaining as we went that I was now and forever officially, one of Santa's helpers.

Grandma parked down the street from Bobby's house, and she and I crept noiselessly and hid in the bushes by his front walk.

Then Grandma gave me a nudge. 'All right, Santa Claus,' she whispered, 'get going.' I took a deep breath, dashed for his front door, threw the present down on his step, pounded his door and flew back to the safety of the bushes and Grandma.

Together we waited breathlessly in the darkness for the front door to open. Finally it did, and there stood! Bobby.

Fifty years haven't dimmed the thrill of those moments spent shivering, beside my Grandma, in Bobby Decker's bushes.
That night, I realized that those awful rumors about Santa Claus were just what Grandma said they were: ridiculous. Santa was alive and well, and we were on his team. I still have the Bible, with the coat tag tucked inside: $19.95.

May you always have LOVE to share, HEALTH to spare and FRIENDS that care....

And may you always believe in the magic of Santa Claus!
Old 12-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #175  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Oh Karen ~ that is neat. Made me think of Corbin. Sara was wondering if he still believed. It would be neat if she could tell him something like that. I sent it to her.

Hello to everyone. Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Take care
Old 12-22-2007, 09:26 PM   #176  

Just letting you know ahead of time--You will need the kneenex handy!! This really makes you stop and think!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zCdZwitrNoY
Old 12-23-2007, 07:16 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarusty View Post
Lynn, I have that problem all the time. I have to eat something every 3 hrs. or my blood sugar drops. I carry protein bars, small candy in my purse at all times. Also I have found that the low fat cheese sticks are easy to carry and that little bit of protein really helps. I can usually eat one of these items and no one will really notice so it's not made a big deal of.

Glad you had a nice vacation.....ours was great too.

Phyllis
Hi Phyllis,

I had cheese sticks & Glucerna bars with me - problem was, they were in the hotel room. Obviously, I need to start carrying them on my person. I'll try this the next time I go on vacation.

Thanks for the advice,

Lynn
Old 12-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #178  
Lifetime Loser

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Here's to a wonderful day for everyone.

Phyllis
Old 12-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #179  

Hello to All and MERRY CHRISTMAS! We finally got together with all the grandkids on Friday night, two sets of parents and 2 sets of grandparents! In all we had 14 people here! It was good and was the first time that my son Todd, had been able to see his two oldest boys in almost 11 years!! There was a BITTER BREAKUP all those years ago! But anyway, I think it was a good Christmas for everyone just to be able to be together. I am posting a group picture of everyone.

And also here are Ginger and Sissy in their new Christmas sweaters! They got them early since the temperature was below 0 on Friday with blowing snow!! But their new "dresses" will wait until Christmas! I can hardly wait to take pictures of them in the dresses!!

Gayle. I'm so glad that you liked the story about believing in Santa--- thought that was wa good way to explain things to kids that are really in that in between stage! Did Sara like it?

Well, just got done giving Ginger and Sissy baths so need to spend the next hour or so just brushing them out. Everybody have a Great Day and if I don't catch you all before Christmas "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1665.jpg (27.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1667.jpg (24.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1676.jpg (28.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 12-23-2007, 05:44 PM   #180  

Hi everyone.. and very Merry Christmas to each of you..im still enjoying the grkids.. lots going on here..((())) rosey

me and my daughters !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HaileyArm&Skin07 060.jpg (31.3 KB, 12 views)
Closed Thread