Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:39 AM   #196  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all, I am setting her debating if I should go to therapy. I really don't want to, I don't feel that it's being beneficial, it's just taking up a lot of time. Maybe I will go just to talk to the therapist and have her reevaluate.

The new year will be arriving soon. Do you still make resolutions? Have you seen the commercial where Valorie B. says "this year I won't have to make the resolution to lose weight"? How many times have you made that resolution? I know that's been my main one for too long.

Karen, Congrats on the find of your new elliptical. Most of the things on exercise equipment I don't use anyway. On my treadmill the only thing I use is the speed and time. The "girls" are looking good in their new clothes.

Gayle, I agree with you. Spending time with my grandchildren is all I need to have a good Christmas. I'm complaining about my schedule, and yours is worse than mine! I work part time, 12 hours, so that's just one day a week and every other weekend. Still seems like a lot while you're living it!

Take care, Freda
Old 12-27-2007, 11:39 AM   #197  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I am firmly back on "the beach" as of yesterday. I wanted "something" last night and while everyone else finished off the last of the bread pudding and bourbon sauce, I had a HUGE bowl of broccoli and broccoli never tasted so good. I'm glad the last of the big temptations is gone, gone, gone!

I got my strange little hall bathroom painted yesterday and it really came out good...the color of paprica. I have a bunch of jazz prints on the wall that all had a bit of that color. SPICEY!!!! My husband got the ceiling in our bathroom painted yesterday too...I've been griping for 3 years for him to do it. (My arms are too short to reach the corners or I would have done it myself)
My next project in there is to save some pennys and get a new black sink unit with a vessel sink..but that bathroom is so tiny, I have to find a little mini one!

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-27-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #198  

Happy after xmas everyone.. i have had a wonderful time with my family and still have some of the grkids with me..dont know why i bothered cleaning befor as everything is turned upside down with forts and blankies xmas toys and art projects all around me..i want my grkids to have good mememories of being at grammas..i have to say i am sick of holiday foods too.. never thought id tire of sweets and chocolate but made a pot of potatoe soup yesterday and tasted mighty fine..my dd and i are going to play bingo tonight and grampa and sil are taking the kids to the movies..hope im a winner ..Karen cute dresses on your puppies..my daisy wont let me dress her up..well chickies hope your holidays where wonderful like mine and we all get back to out normal dieting programs(((hugs))) rosey
Old 12-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #199  

just wanted to jump in to say "good luck Rosie"!!! win lots of money! Isn't it wonderful to have grandkids around? Isn't it wonderful when they go home?
Old 12-28-2007, 06:58 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

My sister is visiting until the weekend. Yesterday we went shopping - this morning we're going to the gym for some exercise in the hot pool. Maybe window-shopping in a cute little village afterwards.

Hope everyone is having a Happy & Healthy week-between-Christmas-and-New-Year's!

Lynn
Old 12-28-2007, 03:07 PM   #201  
Lifetime Loser

Had a nice afternoon and evening yesterday and did really well eating out.

Went to the movie and saw Charlie Wilsons War.......really an excellent movie.
I had not realized how any of that happened in the 80's. Tom Hanks does wonderful acting. And Julia Roberts is so beautiful!

We went furniture looking as we will need a couple odd pieces if we get the condo in Ohio....but could find nothing that we liked.

I have started walking with my dvd and also doing my Oxysize again.....got to lose the vacation and holiday lbs. and get back to my ticker and below.

Happy New Years everyone.....be safe.

Phyllis
Old 12-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #202  
-

Phyllis, glad to hear a review of the movie. We have been wanting to see it. Saw a program about Charlie Wilson on the history channel the other day. My Dad read the book a few years ago and then lent it to my youngest son, who really enjoyed it also. We brought the book back to New Orleans about 2 weeks before the storm. My mother wanted to give it to Beau since he enjoyed it so much, but we are not sure exactly where it's packed away since she moved to NC. Sure we'll run across it one of these days.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:38 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Good Morning Everyone,

My sister and I went to gym for morning exercise in the pool & then went to Peddler's Village in Lahaska to see the Christmas decorations & the gingerbread houses.

After that, we took a drive up the Delaware River, crossed into NJ and ate a late lunch at a really nice little place on the river.

Came home and watched The Hoax with Richard Gerre - I'd give it a 6 (out of 10).

Cat, I watched a show about the real people - I also read the Kite Runner & his next book A Thousand Splendid Suns. I've been trying to decide whether what Charlie Wilson did helped or hurt the Afghan people. How does the movie handle the issue of the warlords coming into power after the Soviets left? I guess I really need to read some non-fiction stuff about the area.

Zoe, you are our resident historian. What do you know about this issue?

Lynn
Old 12-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #204  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Just checking in while at the Days Inn in North Carolina. We have been having a great time with my DD and our future SIL. Went looking at possible places for a wedding around here yesterday. They are both very excited. I'm not on my good eating at all unfortunatley. I shall get back on track when I return - maybe join the January Challenge.

Bye for now

L
Old 12-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #205  
Lifetime Loser

Lynn, the movie ended with Charlie trying to get the US to build schools after the Cold War to help the people...which the US never did...we just pulled out. The Russians were killing everyone in sight, Charlies goal was to stop the the Russians by getting the weapons for them, which he did, I don't know how history will write this part of the Cold War.

Cat, we also watched the show about Charlie Wilson on the History channel and the movie is very accurate on the events that happened. Amazing how basically one man could get so much done in Congress with basically no one knowing what was going on, I believe that he truly wanted to help people and cared.

Phyllis

Last edited by floridarusty; 12-29-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #206  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Lyn,

What part of NC are you visiting? Just curious ~ we lived in Greensboro ~ I worked in Winston-Salem. My daughter lives in Charlotte.

Enjoy your visit with your daughter.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #207  

Morning everyone.. i was brave and stepped on the scale today and i had a no gain xmas i was really pleased with myself..the grkids have been at my dd's house the last 2 days but i get them back this afternoon..nothing planned but am sure they will keep me busy..what do you all do for new years? we usually stay home and play cards etc whatever u do do hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR..ttfn ((hugs))) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 12-29-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #208  
Debbie

S/C/G: 296/218/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Rosey!!! That is so great!! I absolutely love that you did that. Wish I could say the same. I thought up the beginning of a poem - maybe some of you would like to add a verse??? I had that particular Christmas song in mind - Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat. Is that the name of it? I can't remember.

Christmas is over, the goose has gotten fat.
Geez I wish I'd put that piece of pound cake back....

I know I've been MIA. My daughter had surgery and Mother had a heart attack. Talk about stress eating!!! They are both doing fairly well now, although Mother is still in ICU. She turned 95 on Christmas Day, so doctors are limited in what they can do for her. Fortunately it happened in the lower chamber and has not affected her speech or movement. But her kidneys?? That may be another story.

I'm so ready to return to the comfort of my diet zone. Tomorrow I rid the house of evil, and Monday I will bravely step on the scale. I hope my husband is standing behind me when I pass out from the shock
Old 12-30-2007, 08:58 AM   #209  
-

Debbie, so sorry to hear about your daughter and mother! You must be so stressed out right now. Remember to take care of yourself during this trying time.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:59 AM   #210  
-

Yesterday morning I was watching Paula Dean on TV while I was working and she did a honey vinigarette dressing. It really looked good and I thought that I would try something similar but replace the honey with agave necter. It was really good. I had some fresh spinich and leftover chicken and a can of hearts of palm and made a big old salad with the dressing. Heavenly. It was a bit sweet, but not overly sweet. I'm sure it would be great on a salad where you use fruit too.

You can use whatever vinegarette dressing you usually make and add a little of the agave to it.
I don't measure when I make mine, but this is what I put in it:
1 pressed garlic clove
some balsamic vinegar (I used pear infused, but whatever kind of vinegar you have will work fine)
olive oil
dijon mustard
lemon juice
some herbs (I used some fresh basil and tarragon I had)
a couple of squirts of agave necter.
a little salt and some fresh ground pepper.
Closed Thread