Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #136  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all, Lynn, I think we got the snow that you were supposed to get! It started last night and is still snowing this morning, with no sign of stopping. We got out early and went to the grocery store. our intentions was beating everyone out before the stores got so packed. I don't think that will be a problem today. We didn't have a problem getting there, but when we got home we couldn't get back into the garage. DH is out using the snow blower right now. The wind is blowing too and we're getting some large drifts! A good day to stay in and start my gift wrapping. I've been putting it off.

Hope the rest of you are well, and warm!! Freda
Old 12-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #137  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Omigosh! Iím late as well! Happy Birthday Dear Phyl, wherever you are! Hereís hoping that youíre celebrating your thirty-ninth in style! We miss you!

It is blizzarding outside - has been since early this morning, and itís drifting, and piling high, and shows no signs of stopping although the weather folk are predicting a changeover to icy rain (Oh, yay, huh?) sometime this afternoon. Well. Thereíll be no going out for us, I can tell you that. We were up with the birds yesterday, went to pick up the lovely little antique mahogany table that I won at auction and plan on putting in (my) new bathroom. Now, if I were our Cat, I would undoubtedly have had my camera handy, and have some perfectly wonderful pictures of it to share with all of you, but alas, I have neither Catís photography talents nor her little size eight bodyÖ(picture much gnashing of teeth, here ) and so I will wait and take pictures of my finished bathroom, methinks. At any rate, after we picked up the table, we went to Home Depot, where DH acquired the wood he needed to build shelves in over the toilet in my *new* bathroom (Iíll paint them the same color as the beadboard wainscoting so that theyíll look ďbuilt inĒ. Actually, they WILL be built in, come to think of it. Just not built when the bathroom was installed.) I have to admit that Iím wondering at my recent fixation on bathrooms. Those of us (Golden Girls) who have been around for a while will remember that not so long ago, I was enthusiastically redecorating the spare bathroom HEREÖ. And now, my focus has been on getting my bathroom in the *new* place exactly how I want it. Maybe when you reach a *certain age* bathrooms become more important to you? Thatís something Iíll have to ponder further. Well, we also bought the ceiling fan that I wanted for the living room. No light fixture - I have lamps aplenty for my living room - just the fan, which is in a dark color to match the woodwork in there. Also picked up a few other things, and then did our grocery shopping. THEN went over to the apartment, did a little additional ďtouch-upĒ painting, and cleaning up. The people who are going to re-do the hardwood floors in the living room, dining room and foyer will be coming, weather-permitting, at the end of this week. We were supposed to be going out to some friendsí house for supper last night, but ended up cancelling. I was just way too tired. Came home, had a nice hot bath, and read for awhile and went to bed. Today, weíll do some packing but not much else. I can guarantee we wonít be going out anywhere. DH will have to get the driveway done, poor man, at some point today. Later on, I imagine. Iíll have to get out to go to work in the morning.
Hi Freda, yes indeed, Cortisone is what the doctor recommended. Perhaps at some point I will do it, but probably not until after the first of the year. I just canít take any chances of being laid up at all right now; Iíve just got too much to get done. My leg seems to be fine some days, and not so fine others. Iím glad you enjoyed your party!
Welcome, Pat. Címon in, the waterís fine!
Meowee-Linda, my goodness! You seem to be experiencing quite a bout of feline sickness! I hope all will be sufficiently stable so that you can take your Christmas holiday with the relatives as planned!
Ah, Karen, Ďtis the saner among us who stay off the roads during weather emergencies. Those of us who get out and drive in it probably need our heads examined! Iíve actually had thoughts of perhaps keeping a toothbrush & some personal care items - and a change of clothes - at work, so that I could just stay put if a storm developed during the day. But of course Iíve never done it, and so Iím always one of those driving out there when she shouldnít be.
MaryLynn, I wouldnít worry too much about that danged ticker, and as far as Iím concerned, in YOUR case, the scale is really off in left field somewhere. You look fantastic!
Hey, Jo-annie! Right about now, Maui sounds like heaven to this old chick! (Actually, a return trip to L.A. would work just fine for me, as well). Oh, how I HATE this weather! Itís making me feel just a degree or so warmer, though, thinking of you basking in the Hawaaian sun! Have a wonderful time, you hear?
Oh, LynÖyesÖ.wrapping gifts in front of the woodstove. A very sensible way to spend your time in this sort of rotten *&^%^&%$# weather! Iím actually thinking a book and a nap might do the trick for me.
Hi Lynn, Iím sure that Williamsburg will be lovely this time of year. Weíve only been in summer, but I know they decorate for the Christmas season. I know youíll have a wonderful time with your dd & sil. Take some pictures if you can?
Gayle, just put dd in a headlock and tell her that there will be NO moving for her! What can she be thinking? I tell you, these kids can be so unpredictable! Well, you have some readjusting to do, what with DH retired and home for good. Eat what you want - youíre in charge of your diet; let him worry about his own. I donít know how good Iíd be at biting my tongue, to be honest with you. But Iím a crusty old thing, so donít pay any attention to me!
LindaDÖhope youíre feeling better! Give us a holler and let us know how youíre doing, you hear?
Okay, Iíve got to go get something done around here! Enough lolling about in front of the computer for me!
Hugs to all the Golden Girlies wherever you may be!

TTFN,
Z
Old 12-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #138  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Snow Snow and More Snow

Yup, here too. I came down with a doozy of a cold and spent most of yesterday in bed. Coughing lots today and will probably stay home tomorrow too. I haven't had a cold like this in a few years.

Happy Birthday Phyl.....sorry it's a day late.

My DH is watching the Bills and and Browns slog away in the snow in Cleveland. We're die hard Bills fans up here in Rochesterville.

I just taught my DD how to knit - she is in the play "Dancing in Lugnasa" and has to be able to knit on stage. She picked it up pretty well and is making her BF a green scarf.

I'm going back to bed in a few minutes. Sorry I didn't say hi to each of you - but wanted to check in.

Lyn

Last edited by lynard21; 12-16-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #139  

Morning everyone.. no snow here but its really cold brrrrrrr..im done baking and happy about it.. i found out last night that my other grkids will be staying with me for a week as their parents have to work the week of xmas(we are celebrating an early xmas with them next weekend and i get to keep the kids) i knew there was a reason why i baked so much other than i love sweets so im all prepared all i need to do now is the hateful cleaning ugh..my daisy is now a smurf.. she found a bottle of blue food coloring i must have dropped on the floor.. she chewed it up and then buried it in my dh slipper.. he has a blue foot and she has a blue mouth and front paws and legs.. am glad she didnt bury it on my couch the little fiend,always a source of great entertainment..hoping you all stay warm and indoors with all that snow..ttfn (((hugs))) rosey
Old 12-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi everyone! Wanted to fly by. I will try to catch up later. The snow quit late this morning. Now I have to dig out to the garage. Good exercise!! I wanted to watch the football game,but can not get it I do want to watch the Colts game at 4pm. Catch you all later after I shovel some more. Pat
Old 12-16-2007, 04:58 PM   #141  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there, everybody . . .

Been busy doing work-work again today. Now mostly finished with December stuff, thankfully, because it is just about the virtual end of the month even though it is only mid-month in actuality. You know what I mean, December is the shortest month of the year except for on the calendar.

So far our weather has just been dull (in every sense of the word) BUT we still have warnings for SNOW, HIGHWINDS, and FREEZING RAIN -- all in large quantities for overnight. Just hope we are able to hang onto our power. The fact that things are awful in a lot of places across the entire continent, does not make me feel any better.

Nothing new or different going on with the felines who are at home -- and that's still okay news -- just hope things are doing well for the two who are still at the Vet's.

Dug out some yarn this morning and started another little knitting project . . . I find knitting relaxing and it keeps my hands busy (and therefore off the food).

Anyway, hope everybody stays warm and cosy tonight . . . see you tomorrow (I hope) . . .
Old 12-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynard21 View Post
Yup, here too. I came down with a doozy of a cold and spent most of yesterday in bed. Coughing lots today and will probably stay home tomorrow too. I haven't had a cold like this in a few years.

Happy Birthday Phyl.....sorry it's a day late.

My DH is watching the Bills and and Browns slog away in the snow in Cleveland. We're die hard Bills fans up here in Rochesterville.

I just taught my DD how to knit - she is in the play "Dancing in Lugnasa" and has to be able to knit on stage. She picked it up pretty well and is making her BF a green scarf.

I'm going back to bed in a few minutes. Sorry I didn't say hi to each of you - but wanted to check in.

Lyn
Hi Lyn,

That's funny - that's how I learned to knit. I was in a Brownie "flying up" play. I was the grandmother & was supposed to knit. My sister taught me how.

I saw "Dancing in Lugnasa" in Dublin. It was WONDERFUL!

Lynn
Old 12-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Morning everyone.. no snow here but its really cold brrrrrrr..im done baking and happy about it.. i found out last night that my other grkids will be staying with me for a week as their parents have to work the week of xmas(we are celebrating an early xmas with them next weekend and i get to keep the kids) i knew there was a reason why i baked so much other than i love sweets so im all prepared all i need to do now is the hateful cleaning ugh..my daisy is now a smurf.. she found a bottle of blue food coloring i must have dropped on the floor.. she chewed it up and then buried it in my dh slipper.. he has a blue foot and she has a blue mouth and front paws and legs.. am glad she didnt bury it on my couch the little fiend,always a source of great entertainment..hoping you all stay warm and indoors with all that snow..ttfn (((hugs))) rosey
Hi Rosey,

The dreaded "blue foot." Made me laugh.

When my nephew (now around 50) was around 2 years old, he woke up before my sister & poured the contents of the kitchen cabinets over his baby brother (now around 48). Baby brother was green for weeks.

Lynn
Old 12-17-2007, 01:20 AM   #144  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hi GG's:

I went back to Urgent Care on Thursday morning and the doctor worked on the tubes in my ears. It made me very sick especially since I had to lay flat on a table so I ended up not going to work and resting the rest of the day. I vomited so hard the blood vessels around my eyes burst. I looked like someone beat me up. I went to work on Friday and had to work in another building so I didn't have a computer to post.

I did get to enjoy a Christmas dinner on Friday night and got through that okay, stayed in bed yesterday (Sat), and again today. I am feeling better so maybe I'll be good as new in no time.

Happy Belated Birthday Phyllis!!!!

Seems like a lot of you are having very cold weather. Bundle up and keep warm. Brrrrr.

Take care....

Last edited by LindaD; 12-17-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:20 AM   #145  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Linda, hope you are feeling better very soon and got some rest over the weekend...does not sound like a fun experience at all!! ouch.

Zoe, I could use some bathroom help myself. Wish you were here to help me with it! Both of my (tiny) bathrooms are very 1950's with the original tile. The "hall" bathroom is that black and white tile you see in every 50's bathroom. Someone had put some stucco-looking texture on the walls which is kind of cool...but then they painted it a bright blue...hurt the eyes. I painted the walls a charcoal grey. Then I picked out some tile that looked like slate..but the floor company couldn't get it, so I had to quickly go back and pick more. They installed it when I was out of town visiting my Dad when he was so sick...and it ended up being brown!! Brown, charcoal, black and white...not a great combo! And the sink is another issue...one of those free standing 50's ones on chrome legs...unfortunatly one leg was missing when we bought the house so I took the other one off too. Been looking for a tiny, unique looking sink for 4 years and still can't decide what I want that is not a fortune. I wanted to repaint the bathroom a shade of brown to go with the floor, but my youngest son had a fit because he likes the charcoal.

Weather here is weird again. I had on flip flops on friday, and this morning it is 28 degrees. brrrr.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #146  

Good Morning GG's, We got more snow last night. And we hadn't even dug out from yesterdays snow. I still have too many things too do!!! I did get most of the wrapping done last night, so I'm caught up with that. I was supposed to go to the Dr. this morning for a blood draw but i'm not sure I can get out.

Zoe, You are moving right along with the new place and it sounds lovely alreay. I admire you, I must say. When life gave you lemons you made lemon martini's!

LYN, Sorry to hear that you are ill. Get lost of rest, it's too bad to get out anyway! And have a hot toddy. My mom's remedy for a cold. My mom, a little southern lady, never had a drink in her life. But she kept a bottle of whiskey in the house for "medicinal purposes".

Hi Pat, Seems eveyone got hit by this snowstorm! Hope you got dug out.

Linda, I'm crossing my fingers and saying a prayer that the babies are well and home soon.

Rosey, Too funny! I know you must have been very annoyed at the time, but will laugh about it for years! Reminds us why we have pets and why we love them so much! Enjoy the grandkids while they are there. How many do you have? I bet those cookies don't last long when they get there!

Linda, OMG, You poor thing! I hope you are feeling better!

Everyone have a good day, and stay warm! Freda
Old 12-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #147  
Onward and Downward

Just a quick HI between power flickers . . .

Got to venture out soon to pick up Frack and Mouse . . . . . . but taking Purrecious back to them for a couple of days . . . but having four at home will be an improvement.

Stay warm and cosy . . .
Old 12-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5-10

Can this month get any busier? (maybe I shouldn't invite trouble, never mind!)

Happy Belated Birthday Phyllis! May this be your favorite year ever!

Loved the bluefoot story! Admire the bathroom decorating progress & envy the energy to work on the house especially this month!

Too all of the wonderful GG's pounded by the snow & ice, my thoughts are with you. Stay warm, stay safe & make excuses to stay indoors!

Back to work for me, you wouldnt believe how well SANDALS sell this time of the year. I guess a lot of people are headed for anywhere warm for the holidays. Go figure.

Take care & have a great day

Marylynn
Old 12-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #149  

Good Morning all, It is still cold and white here. The main roads have been plowed and salted so if you can get out TO the main roads you're ok. The grandkids spent the night and My DH too grandson to school. Granddaughter is still asleep, thank goodness, since she was up half the night coughing. She has asthma. We were so hoping she would outgrow it, but it is still rearing it's ugly head! I had to get her up and prop her up so she could breath. So, of course, I didn't get much sleep either.

Is any one still rushing around like a crazy person, trying to finishing Christmas shopping? Who but a crazy person would wait untill the last min.? Besides someone who's kids made a list at the last min.?

Hope all of you are staying warm and taking the time to enjoy some of the season. Freda
Old 12-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #150  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

And I actually mean that, too. Things are looking a lot better around here. It is still cold and somewhat windy but nothing is falling out of the sky right now -- as a matter of fact the sun is shining. I hear the roads are all pretty ice-covered, but luckily I can avoid venturing out today.

Four of the five cats are at home and doing pretty good. Mouse is still sneezing a bit, but his eyes look okay The twins (Frick and Frack) are very happy to be reunited and Frack seems pretty healthy too. Frick and Blizzard are still okay. Now, if I can just get Purrecious home and on the mend in the next day or two, I'll feel a lot better about going away over Christmas week.

On that front, I'm still working at laundry and I'm almost packed to go. Now, if I could just get my act together on the eating front, everything would be good. this has not been one of my finest months so far -- and something tells me the second half of it won't be great either

Hope everybody has a great day planned and not one that requires braving the pre-Christmas crowds at the malls. See you later, gang . . .
Closed Thread