Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #211  
Lifetime Loser

Debbie, sorry about your daughter and Mother. Wow, 95 that is amazing...I hope she will be alright.

Rosey, I DID get on the dreaded scale.....I'm up about 4.5 lbs. and it is all in my stomach.........I feel so bloated up.

Cat, I cannot eat any type of lettuce anymore but that sounds really good, wish I could try it.

Lyn, good to see you popped in while traveling and sounds like your having a great time.

Zoe, I'm sure your enjoying your son and all the family. And also hoping your move goes smoothly.

Joanne, when do you go on your vacation? Soon I believe.....wish I was going!

Linda D, how are you feeling? Ready for the New Year?

Lynn, I'm ready for the challenge, whew I hate just having these few lbs. back on.

I have started walking with my dvd, 1 mile and doing my deep breathing and cutting back on food but I need to figure out how I am going to attack this weight, which plan I will use for the challenge.

We will have our traditional "good luck meal" on New Years Day. Pork roast, sauerkraut, black-eyed peas and mashed potatoes and then all the goodies will be disposed of and out of my house.

Phyllis

Last edited by floridarusty; 12-30-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #212  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all, I am up early, as usual. Hubby and i went grocery shopping very early this morning. I was just looking through the frozen food section and found the vita muffins that are advertised in all the WW magazines. I have always wanted to try them but didn't want to order a lot because I don't have the freezer space. I got the chocolate, can't wait to try them.

Debbie, so sorry to hear about you daughter and mom. Hope they both recover quickly. Good to see you again!

Phyllis, I'm sure you'll get rid of that gain quickly! I'm going for the Challenge too. See you there! We usually have black eyed peas and sourkraut for dinner New years day too. Old souther tradition. My mom would make everyone in the house, even the babies, take a bite. it's supposed to bring good luck in the new year. And I continue the tradition because, for one thing, I love tradition, and two, I like the food!

Way to go Rosie!!! Congrats on not gaining. That takes a lot of will power during the holidays!

Lyn, sounds like you're having a good time!

Cat, what was that one ing.? not sure what it is.

Zoe, hope the move goes well. It will be nice to see you again.

Have to work tomorrow, so everyone, Have a happy new year!! Freda
Old 12-30-2007, 12:22 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/140

Height: 5-10

Happy New Year to Everyone!

Debbie I'm sorry to hear of your daughter & mother. Our prayers are with you. Here's hoping for the best in both situations.

Why is it the older we get the busier we are? This year the holidays were insane(er) than usual. Count me as one of the cranky that's not wild about having my routine interrupted.

Working intensely on improving my running. Currently look ridiculious but no longer care. Hopefully I can check back with personals soon. I miss everyone.

Hugs to every one of you!

Marylynn
Old 12-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #214  
Debbie

S/C/G: 296/218/160

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. DD is doing pretty well; Mother is still in ICU this morning.

We're not going out for New Year's Eve. I'm fixing DH rib roast, baked potato and fresh asparagus - no dessert. On New Year's Day we have blackeyed peas and cornbread. He likes chow-chow on his. Since we both like to put the cornbread in the peas (I make them kinda soupy cause I like the juice), I can make it without added fat and nobody knows the difference.

I'm terrified of the scale tomorrow morning but I'm gonna get on it. Haven't even logged into the WW site in over 2 weeks

I'm so glad everyone has had a safe holiday season so far. Last year we had far less celebratory gun fire than usual on New Year's Eve. The police have really been cracking down on it, so I hope this year is even better. I don't have anything against guns - I have a concealed carry permit and take one everywhere I go. But drunks firing up into the air??? What goes up must come down somewhere, and every year bullets come down on something or someone. I can do without it just fine.... Be safe out there
Old 12-31-2007, 09:47 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarusty View Post
Lynn, the movie ended with Charlie trying to get the US to build schools after the Cold War to help the people...which the US never did...we just pulled out. The Russians were killing everyone in sight, Charlies goal was to stop the the Russians by getting the weapons for them, which he did, I don't know how history will write this part of the Cold War.

Cat, we also watched the show about Charlie Wilson on the History channel and the movie is very accurate on the events that happened. Amazing how basically one man could get so much done in Congress with basically no one knowing what was going on, I believe that he truly wanted to help people and cared.

Phyllis
Hi Phyllis,

I don't remember the specifics, but I think there was a similar situation with Colonel Oliver North. I remember people asking how one man could have gotten so much accomplished without anyone knowing what was going on & I remember someone saying - it was just so rare to have someone so competent who wanted to accomplish something.

I think his situation was also related to getting guns to people - in his case, it was Iran.

Lynn
Old 12-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #216  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftyone View Post
Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. DD is doing pretty well; Mother is still in ICU this morning.

We're not going out for New Year's Eve. I'm fixing DH rib roast, baked potato and fresh asparagus - no dessert. On New Year's Day we have blackeyed peas and cornbread. He likes chow-chow on his. Since we both like to put the cornbread in the peas (I make them kinda soupy cause I like the juice), I can make it without added fat and nobody knows the difference.

I'm terrified of the scale tomorrow morning but I'm gonna get on it. Haven't even logged into the WW site in over 2 weeks

I'm so glad everyone has had a safe holiday season so far. Last year we had far less celebratory gun fire than usual on New Year's Eve. The police have really been cracking down on it, so I hope this year is even better. I don't have anything against guns - I have a concealed carry permit and take one everywhere I go. But drunks firing up into the air??? What goes up must come down somewhere, and every year bullets come down on something or someone. I can do without it just fine.... Be safe out there
Hi Debbie,

Glad to hear about your DD - best wishes for your mother.

OK, here's my addition to the poem -

Christmas is over, the goose has gotten fat.
Geez I wish I'd put that piece of pound cake back....

My stomach is bloated, I ate like a nut
What's good for the goose is bad for my butt

Lynn
Old 12-31-2007, 09:57 AM   #217  

Hi Everyone,

My sister went home - we had a REALLY nice visit. I'm on my way to my df's for our traditional New Year's Eve - we go out to dinner & then come home, put on our pj's & do a jigsaw puzzle.

I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe New Year's Eve,

Lynn
Old 12-31-2007, 09:58 AM   #218  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
We usually have black eyed peas and sourkraut for dinner New years day too. Old souther tradition. ...

Cat, what was that one ing.? not sure what it is...
Freda
Freda, what ingredient do you mean? Not sure!

We are also having our traditional black-eyed peas tomorrow. We usually have cabbage/garlic cheese cassarole (the cabbage represents $), but this year I'm just doing brussel sprouts instead (hope that doesn't mean "little money!)
Also going to do a baked spiral ham, salad and an apple tatin.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:52 AM   #219  
Debbie

Lynn - loved the verse. Who's next??

OK, I got on the scale I'm up 6 lbs in the past 6 weeks. Why to I keep doing this??? I guess one good thing is that it wasn't the usual 10 or 12....
Old 12-31-2007, 12:40 PM   #220  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Really quick check in here. We made it to Long island from NC (yes we were right near Greensboro in High Point - my DD works in Winston Salem). Our drive up to LI was uneventful and pleasant until we got to NJ and traffic into NYC and onto LI. Tonight is the big trip into Time Square to join the masses and see the ball drop. I must be crazy - we'll probably be the oldest people there. Weather is good - in the 40s and sunny right now - so at least we won't freeze. I'm also afraid to get on that scale. Had NYC bagels, ceam cheese and lox for breakfast. Happy new year everyone.

Lyn
Old 12-31-2007, 02:08 PM   #221  

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone.. may it be our best year ever(((hugs)))) rosey
Old 12-31-2007, 02:23 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

Hi girls, I new to the boards be looking around for a bit now I 'm ready to jump on board. I live right now in a rental in Florida .We sold our home here and thinking what we want to do stay in the area or go . My huband will retire next year and maybe work p/t for a few yrs right now everything is up in the air .I never thought it be so hard to choose where to retire Well I like to make this the year I lose this weight for good so glad to have found this site .LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU ALL.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:58 PM   #223  
Debbie

Another Debbie!! Great to have you on board!!

Lyn - I don't think you're crazy; I think you're the bravest person I know! What fun you will have tonight!! Do you have to drive in or are there trains or something?
Old 12-31-2007, 04:21 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

Thank you debbie HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL Were heading over to disney for dinner and the fireworks
Old 12-31-2007, 05:18 PM   #225  

Hi everyone.. another year gone by..really fast..my dh took my grkids ice fishing yesterday..to cold for me but they had fun so heres a picture of my grdd's catch of the day..have a safe and happy evening everyone.. we stay home..pizza and a movie..in the past when we where younger we closed the bars down in celebration..to old and smarter now i hope ttfn rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HaileyArm&Skin07 079.jpg (22.3 KB, 5 views)
Closed Thread