Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #151  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone -- been struggling the last while. I did so well for almost 3 weeks and it all fell apart last weekend and I just can't seem to recover. I hate the feeling that I worked hard ate well -- exercised hard and made some inroads and let myself go for just three days and I am back to where I started -- its a never ending vicious cycle and I hope to break out of it soon. I am not going to agonize about the holidays. Too many temptations and when I ignored them all for so long I just fell apart all at once. I would rather do it in bits and pieces.

Anyway sorry about the whining -- I am just so frustrated and needed to get it out somewhere. Well hopefully today I will get over to the gym instead of eating chocolates here in the office.

I hope everyone else is well - -I see there is huge snow problems back east. We are just wet and drizzly here -- lovely snow on the mountains though.

Later GOLDEN GIRLS
Old 12-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #152  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi all you GGs from sunny Florida and CA to snowy Alaska, Michigan, Mass and Canada,

Wish I was with the "sunny" folks about now. The sun is peaking out onto a very white world. I spent most of yesterday in my PJs recovering from this heck of a cold. Then I went to my TOPs weigh-in and was down 3.5 pounds!! Some good came out of this cold. My total loss for the TOPs year will be around 11 pounds. Believe me, that's the best year I've had since I've been doing weekly wiegh-ins. (Last year it was 4 pounds). I'm back at work today, but just going up the stairs here has me huffing a bit. No workout today I'm afraid. Just had some hot soup for lunch.

Rosey -Loved that story about the blue foot and mouth. Too funny!

Cat - your bathroom sounds like a decorating challenge. Actually I like the black and white tile look - I think its back in style.

Meowwie - So happy to hear the kitties are doing better.

LyndaD - Oh my. You sound like you've been through the mill with that sickness. I'm sending healing thoughts your way. Take care!

Joannie - You're doing fine. Keep on posting - you'll get back on track I know!

Freda - Oh I know all about last minute shopping. I keep thinking I'm done and then I'll think of just one more things and whamm - I'm back in shopping mode! Be careful on those wintry roads - we have the same here!

Marilyn - Sandles? You're kidding! My DD just "borrowed" my winter boots and she has left for NYC for a few days. I'm bootless in all of this snow.

Hi Lynn - yes I'm looking forward to seeing Rachel (my DD) in the production of "Dancing at Lugnasa" She is even learning a specific Irish dialect for the play. And she has taken to knitting like a duck to water. Who knew?

Well back to work I suppose.

Lyn
Old 12-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #153  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Just popping in to wish everyone a great day. It's icky and rainy here..pretty typical for this time of year. Should get up into the 50's.

Running out the door for school...leaving early to post some grades online before my classes start, then after school want to put on a pot of ground turkey/sauce for some spaghetti. Then back at the computer. Is my life just exiting or what???? I think the word is "RUT".
Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 AM   #154  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

but very, very cold -- at least the wind isn't too bad this morning -- looks like a good day to make that trip to the Mall for the last (hopefully) time before Christmas.

See you later.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #155  
Lifetime Loser

Hi everyone, I am now back home in Florida after a 3 wk. trip to Kentucky, Ohio and Michigan a total drive of 3500 miles!!!

We saw it all....sun, rain, snow, sleet, ice storms, wind and yes we still want to move to Ohio. Being with our grandchildren ( 4 of them are 2 yr olds) was just a great time and the trip reaffirmed how much we want to be a bigger part of their lives.

Zoe, I think that really stinks about the dh's job! A similiar thing happened to my BIL in Seattle with General Motors.....forced early retirement at age 57! Now he did get some great benifits but he no choice retirement or no job, had worked with them all his adult life since graduation from college. It sounds like you are working things out very nicely after the shock. Wish there was something I could do to help.

Linda, sorry you lost your cat.... It's a sad sad event in life, I know how much you loved him.

Cat, Congrats on the size 8....way to go.

Marylynn...Congrats to you also on your run, I'm so impressed! And thanks for helping out our Zoe.

Lynn, I think the body needs to rest for a bit and if you shake up your routine you will probably start losing again quickly. Your getting down there girl! Proud of you.

Lyn, going to be a mother-in-law......how great. I'm glad she got a beautiful ring, seems the rings the girls get now are all so nice and BIG!

Joanne, OK don't you give up.....I read how well you've been doing. I'll be joining you starting today, we can do this.

Linda D., hope your feeling better and sorry your so ill this time of year. for you also....get better soon.

Karen, we just dropped our price on the condo $5000 to see if it stirs any activity after the 1st of the year. Jan.-April is season down here so we have a better chance of selling then. We found our perfect condo in Ohio....I'll have more news on that later.

I only gained 2.5 lbs. on the trip which I think is great considering we had little exercise with so many hours and days on the road. The biggest thing that I noticed in the photos we took (other than my stomach ) was the definition in my face from doing the Oxysize deep breathing, it really made a big difference...not so much fat cheeks or second chin now.

Will post photos when I get time to figure out how to download from our new camera.

I know I missed several of you but I haven't read all the post for Dec. yet, I'll catch up more later.

Happy to be back......Phyllis
Old 12-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #156  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back, Phyllis!! Hey what is Oxysize deep breathing?
Old 12-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #157  
Lifetime Loser

Lyn, just go to Oxysize.com. I've had the tape for years and just started using it again in June....level one only takes 15 min. They have it on dvd now.

Phyllis
Old 12-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #158  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . . Just back from a lovely afternoon of shopping. Not any more crowded than it was a week ago. Main roads are good, but parking lots, driveways, and some side streets are more like skating rinks.

Glad to see you back Phyllis and glad you had a good time.

Just wanted to let you know Lynn that I finally got the package you mailed on the 3rd of December -- not too bad when we are getting this close to Christmas, I guess. Looks great; can hardly wait to have a little time to examine it in depth. You know, I think it's a good idea to have two on the go anyway. The mail takes so long, the winner will hardly get a chance to read the prize before having to pass it along.

Lyn . . . think I'll take a look at Oxycise also . . . I've got a DVD with some Greer Childers stuff that is similar in that she does 'funny' breathing and also some special facial exercises. Guess I need to drag it out and take another look.

Hi Joanne . . . Hi Cat . . . Hi Everybody Else.

Have a great evening everybody . . .
Old 12-19-2007, 08:45 PM   #159  
Lifetime Loser

My 2 1/2 yr. old granddaughter.....my oldest sons baby, her mother is Japanese.

Phyllis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07ChristmasPortrait_5.jpg (19.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 12-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

OH MY GOODNESS PHYLLIS!!! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! She looks like an angel!! You have got to be so proud!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:08 PM   #161  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Phyllis

Your little granddaughter is so cute. I totally understand wanting to be nearer to your grandchildren. Hope that your home sells quickly so you can be up there with them.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:18 PM   #162  

Hi everyone.. just checking in ive been shopping again lol..its 14 below zero here this evening and im freezing..such cute grkid picks.. so im adding one of mine taken last winter..ttfn (((()))) rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oldies 225.jpg (33.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-20-2007, 08:42 AM   #163  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Golden Girls, It's still cold, and white here, but at least the roads are clear. I worked yesterday and of course that was the day all the docs decided to bring in goodies and the therapists decided was "THE" day to have a luncheon for the rehab staff. So much food!!! I am glad now that I resisted temptation. I had taken a Smart one pasta for lunch and I did have a salad with that, but didn't have any of the tempting cakes, cookies or candy lying around every place you looked! I brough home some sugar cookies for DH since i don't care for them and won't be tempted. I also brought home one HUGE oatmeal rasin cookie that I will break into 4 pieces and have one with tea for an afternoon snack. I have therapy today and I have to get to the stores again to do those last min. shopping things. We have a big tradition of Christmas Stockings. I tried not to do them one year and everyone protested. Those little stocking take forever to fill and cost as much as a large gift!!

Joanne, It is frustrating trying to diet this time of year with all the temptations. I find that if I get off my diet for a few days it's just too hard trying to get started again. I know I'm better off just planning some of the goodies as part of my diet. You're right, if you totally do without you just crave them all the more. Just pick and choose, and enjoy the season!

Lyn, not the best way to lose weight! Hope you are feeling better. These illnesses just make you so weak! Take it easy on the exercise untill you get some strength back!

Phyllis, Glad to hear that you had a good time. Welcome back. Your Gd is adorable!!! I don't blame you for wanting to move closer to the grandkids. The 2 we have live very close and we are blessed to be able to be such a big part of their lives. I babysit 2 days a week and we have yet to miss a soccer/football/dance recital.

Linda, I've got to get out there and shop again today too. I agree, the stores seem to stay about the same, croud wise. Don't know how much longer that will last.

Rosey, How cute your grandkids are! Looks like at least some people don't mind the snow!

Hi Karen and Gayle, and the rest of you, Freda

I
Old 12-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #164  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . . See you later.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #165  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Morning Golden Girls thanks for all the notes about not beating myself up. Truly I am not it's more just a realist check on what can happen if I let myself go. I made the mistake yesterday of going out for lunch and NOT checking first to see if the restaurant's website might have nutritional values listed. Sadly today I checked and they did and what I ate was -- wait for it ---- 1590 calories and I ate it all The other week we headed out for dinner and I did check for nutritional values and of course when I got to the restaurant it was all I could concentrate on and I ate accordingly. Lesson learned LOL.

Lyn -- congrats on the 11 pounds gone for this year WAY TO GO!!!

Linda -- so pleased the kittens are on the mend

Phyllis -- MIA is sooooo BEAUTIFUL -- such a darling!!!!!!! 2.5 is pretty darn good considering that was 3 weeks away. I am so glad you had a great trip.

Freda -- sounds like you made better choices than I did LOL. I do a Christmas box for my son -- I fill it full of staples and I budget about $100. One year I even put toilet paper in the box -- living on his own he appreciates all that I get him and he says the box/stocking is his funnest thing to open.

Big Hi to Cat, Gayle, Rosey and all the other Golden girls that are busy with Christmas

Last edited by Jayjay55; 12-20-2007 at 12:14 PM. Reason: cause I can't spell LOL
Closed Thread