Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #91  
Lifetime Loser

Just a quick check-in ....

The people never showed up to look at the condo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, it begins.

At least the place is very very clean and looks great. I am exhusted and will just be lazy tomorrow.....this old body is tired.

Listing in the newspaper this week-end....see if we get any action from that.

I am low on points today but indulged in 2 glasses of wine tonight....but that's only 4 pts.....I do need a LOW day today because I ate a big Applebee's hamburger to up my high pt. day yesterday and really blew it.

Eating dinner out tomorrow night with friends but I will have a Japanese stir-fry with the sauce on the side so I will be fine.

Bye for now....Phyllis
Old 09-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #92  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

>
>hey girls, can anyone answer me about the missing edit button on the September challenge. I want to take my name off so you don't have to look at it to get to your own data. How is everyone editing their data every day? My edit button is missing!
The Life of a Dog - from a 4 yr. old...

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year old Irish
Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa, and their
little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping
for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we
couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia
procedure for the old dog in their home.
As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be
good for the four-year old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as
though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family
surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last
time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few
minutes,
Belker slipped peacefully away. The little boy seemed to accept Belker's
transition without any difficulty or confusion

We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about
the hard fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why."

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned
me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good
life - - like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?" The
four-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so
they don't have to stay as long."

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #93  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Gee BOBBI . . . don't know what could have happened to your delete button in the challenge thread . . . when I look in there the little delete triangle thingee is at the bottom of every post just the same way it is in every other thread. Are you missing that button on any other threads (this one, for example)???

I noticed that a lot of people are posting new everyday rather than editing their original entry in that thread . . . are a lot of you having the same problem? Please let me know.

Anyway . . . I deleted your challenge post for you Bobbi . . . certainly glad to hear that you're back in the land of the living 'puter-wise'.

Good Evening and Good Night to everybody . . . see you all tomorrow, gang.

Last edited by meowee; 09-06-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:22 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

BOBBI - that is SO beautiful! I am an animal fanatic and have always had dogs. I have 3 of them now. I've never watched an animal euthanized and I admire you for being able to do the humane thing. I went to college in the 70's and have looked back and wished I had pursued a career in veterinary medicine as The University of Missouri/Columbia is one of the top schools for that in the U.S. But back then it seemed that most girls went into nursing or teaching which is what I did.

Thanks for the beautiful story. Yes, our animals already know how to love unconditionally.
Lori
Old 09-07-2007, 06:27 AM   #95  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
I'm just running a test to see if my edit button shows up on this post. Thanks Meowee for deleting my spot on the challenge.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:42 AM   #96  
Bobbi

My edit button finally showed up, don't know why it didn't on the challenge?
We're 98% done boxing up MIL household items for the upcoming auction. (Sept 30th) We're auctioning off her house as well, can't wait until we can stay home and take care of ourselves. I still haven't gotten back on my diet plan, it's just too stressful right now. MIL is fighting us all the way, she's in a nursing home and vows to move back into her home. She isn't speaking to either of us and being a royal pain in the a$$. Gotta run, see ya!
Bobbi
Old 09-07-2007, 07:45 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday - September 7

Good Morning Everyone,

Woke up this morning with stomach problems. Will have to delay my exercising for a while. I made some (delicious) mushroom soup - had some for dinner last night - and sometimes, mushrooms don't love me as much as I love them.

Hi Bobbi, if you are in a thread & you aren't logged in, you won't have the edit button. Whenever I am missing my edit button, I go up & log back in. NOTE: losing power can bounce you out.
Sorry you're still having to deal with that woman. BTW - I LOVE your new quote - that is SOOOOO true!

Hi Mom2-5, nice to meet you.

Hi Linda (Meowee), cute new avatar cat - looks a little like my Princess - any chance we're going to get a photo of you up there?

Hi Phyllis, sorry about the folks not showing up to see your condo. Hope you have a good time tonight at the Japanese restaurant.

Hi Theresa, I thought about the low calories & also thought about adding something - couldn't think of anything to add. Needing to avoid carbs is a real snack-breaker. An extra piece of meat or cheese just doesn't do it for me.

Hi Trish, I'm probably getting more calories that I log. I don't count the milk/cream in my decaf coffee & I have a LOT of cups/day.

Hi Ali, sorry you live far from your loved ones. I hope my dd doesn't decide to move far from my sister & nieces/nephews/friends. I'd just have to take up travelling as a style of life. One nice thing about all of us, it doesn't matter where we move, we can always be together.

Hi Margaret, I am SOOOOO HAPPY to see you back. I missed you.

Hi Zoe, you wrote, "I find ALL paths interesting, of course. It’s fascinating to me how varied a perspective humanity in general has developed with which to deal with the universal questions, and yet how similar most philosophies are when you scrape away all the detail and get to the core." In Benjamin Franklin's autobiography he wrote about this. He developed his own "religion" based on the universals. Except for the fact that he wasn't very nice to his wife, he's one of my all-time favorites.
BTW - I kept checking my blood sugar levels - they were fine. If it had continued, I would have gone to the doctor. Glad it didn't.

Hi Lyn, CONGRATULATIONS on being down a couple of pounds!

Hi Karen, still keeping my fingers crossed for you & Phyllis. My dd has someone coming to see her place on Sunday.

Hi Marylynn, sleep for me is 6-7 hours/night. Between a bad back and hot flashes (get them when I'm waking up), I can't stay in bed after I wake up.

Guess it's time to check up on Paula, Lily, Joanne, & Cat.

Today, I'm going to the hairdressers & then out to lunch with my dd & sil. Hopefully, we'll go for a walk after lunch.

I hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy day,

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 09-07-2007 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:15 AM   #98  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Go Lynn Go!

Lynn,

Congratulations on your 25 pound loss!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:56 AM   #99  
Moxiesd

S/C/G: 235/175/155

Hello Golden Girls....

Boy, I have missed a lot in the last couple of weeks! I didn't know that we were editing the original post in the Sept. challenge.....I will have to try and see if I can "do it" too!

A beautiful September day today in SD....we are moving into fall very nicely. Hope the winter is another nice one for us, even though the radio man is predicting a nasty snow laden cold driven winter. (baaah...what does he know anyway!!)

Hello to all the group....and wishing you all health & success!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 AM   #100  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone. Its been one heck of a week here and it just seems to be getting worse. Everytime I clear one thing up I get two more dumped on me. Oh well I try not to let it get to me too much and my office mate had the hugest job dumped on her the other day so I am just cruising compared to what she is having to deal with. I told her I felt bad but she is 20 years younger and can deal with it.

Today is my mom's birthday and I am leaving work early to take her to this new place to do meal construction. Hard to explain -- you book your time and pick the entrees you wish to make. When you get there all the ingredients are set out and you follow the recipe and put it together. Sort of like how the professional chefs appear on TV -- all the chopping is done for you -- its just a matter of putting it together. She is quite intrigued with the concept and Tuesday's they host senior hour and they can do half orders (most entrees are for four servings).

I am hoping to do nothing much else this weekend. I do want to get some walking in and get to our local farmer's market (want corn and peaches). Exercise classes start on Monday so it will be good to get back to that.

Miss you all and I can hardly wait to get back into the groove but I think I have been saying that for a couple of weeks now.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #101  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Wow...such a quiet Friday...we're all getting ready for a great weekend, I hope. It's 4 pm here and I'm headed home soon. It's an incredible 92 degrees here...we may have set a new record. Have a great weekend you GGs.

Lyn

Last edited by lynard21; 09-07-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #102  
LindaD

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hi Everyone:

I hope the weekend brings a lot of enjoyment for all. I've been using my same post in the challenge...just going into it each day and edit. I got a DVD which is called 'Sexy Arms' and began using that yesterday. It's a 40 minutes workout with weights and my arms feel like they are going to fall off my shoulders today. I use this DVD every other day. So, at least I get a reprive today. I've been staying on program and feeling terrific about it. I'm very motivated. I've told my girlfriends what I'm doing so they are very helpful. All my friends are thin and athletic so they understand how important this is for me. Good luck everyone!!!

Lynn: Sorry you're not feeling well today. Maybe that's why you were so tired.
Lyn: Whooopie!!! 2lbs is great! Keep up the good work.
Meowee: I hope you get some rest. I know how it is when I don't sleep. You feel drained the next day. Take care.
Margaret: So glad to see you. I've missed your posts.
Bobbi: Glad your computer is fixed now and you are back with us.

Talk to you soon.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #103  

Good afternoon everyone,

Did grocery shopping this morning, getting in some healthy food for next week.
Tomorrow a friend and I are off to an outlet mall to do some shopping.

Lynn, congratulations on losing 25 lbs.! You are doing really great! Hope your stomach is feeling better.

Joanne, I've never heard of a place for meal construction. It sounds really interesting. A Happy Birthday to your mother. I hope you and your mother enjoyed yourselves.

Bobbi, thank you for the Vet story. I am an animal lover and I thought the story was very beautiful and how true! DH & I have had mostly dogs, but we also had cats, or rather they allowed us to live in the same house.

Lyn, is 4 pm early for you to leave work? I hope it is so you can get an early start on the weekend. Hope it's a fun filled one.

Plyllis, I am awfully sorry that couple did not show up to see your condo. I'm sending good luck your way hoping you sell it soon. Enjoy your night out with your friends.

Hi! Cat, Marylynn, Gayle, Margaret, LindaD., Gary, Zoe, Theresa and anyone else I missed.

Enjoy your weekend.
Ali

Old 09-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #104  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Happy Friday . . .

Don't know why Fridays always seem to get so busy for me that I don't get a chance to stop in here, earlier?

Anyway, hope you all had a good day . . . see you tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

3 miles WATP today!!! Leslie is beginning to work my nerves with her constant talking. But if I lose a size this month...I'll be happy. I'm not quitting!!!

Phyllis---I’m sorry that the couple did not follow through. I’m just sending more positive thoughts your way. It will sale.

Lori---

Lynn---- on the 25 pounds. Hope you feel better soon.

Joanne---The meal construction sounds good. I've never heard of it here---but maybe it'll be available when I need it. Hmmmm!

To everyone: Have a wonderful weekend!!

This is my busy weekend..

TTFN

Trish
Closed Thread