Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all...thank you all for your kind words...I'm in a bad place and I'm really struggling to get better...or to atleast survive. You ask obese people who were once skinny what went wrong and it winds up weight is a symptom of something bad going on in their life.....I can easily become one of those people.. My mother is one of those people.......I am not going to fool myself and say it won't happen to me......

I gained weight after my first day of NS,,, LOLOL! Only me! I cheated a little but I really think it is the sodium....my rings are stuck on my fingers and my ankles are swollen..I'm also PMS.....I am going to take a diurex today to see if that helps.....going to teach today and then get my own workout in...not feeling good today..backache and other stuff like hemmies.....Lord give me strength to get through this day..going to stick with four days of NS...then back on BFC....I thought theNS would give me a head start.....uh......not working out that way!

Read all your posts will do personals later...love you gals!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #167  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

What a day to start Atkins.....Woke up with the flu...had a handful of turkey and feel like I'm gonna THROW UP....only 20 stomach flus from my goal weight!

Hey....What THE????

JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOIN????????

PUT THE COOKIE DOWN!!!!

DROP IT!....NOW!!....THIS INSTANT!!!

DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE!!!!

Good Job!.....Zero second rule.....now, let the dog eat it.

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 12-18-2012 at 03:19 PM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #168  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
What a day to start Atkins.....Woke up with the flu...had a handful of turkey and feel like I'm gonna THROW UP....only 20 stomach flus from my goal weight!

Hey....What THE????

JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOIN????????

PUT THE COOKIE DOWN!!!!

DROP IT!....NOW!!....THIS INSTANT!!!

DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE!!!!

Good Job!.....Zero second rule.....now, let the dog eat it.

Lolololwell!,,,,, but I don't have a dog!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #169  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

SeeMyFeet - feel better! Cookies are my nemesis this time of year too!

Zumbachica - Hang in there, sweetie! You can get past this. I totally am one of those people that became obese due to negative things happening in my life. Fat loves stress and sadness. Comfort eating became the main way I soothed myself. I feel afraid because I see myself slipping back into the comfort eating mode - I think those of us who have been down that road are prone to it in the future. You are not alone! It is a constant battle most of us need to fight.

olehcat - I am right there with you on being afraid to weigh in. I know that I need to bite the bullet soon, but I will wait until later in the week when I have a few days to recover from the weekend.

MrsTryingAgain - Wow! A bomb threat? After everything happening in the news, I would have been very freaked out. You lead an exciting life! Good job on staying on plan and exercising!

Moving Forward - The holiday season is a land mine field! I have a holiday part to attend tonight, and I already reached my calorie limit. Since I doubt I will abstain from all food at the party...looks like I will be going over today.

Anyhow....feeling like I am losing the fight. I went to a restaurant with my husband that I hadn't been to for awhile, and the waiter asked me if I had lost weight. I said I had over the year, but not recently. He told me he remembered me when we first started coming to the restaurant a few years ago, and that I look great - better now than those years ago. It was nice to hear, but that little voice in the back of my head was thinking, "not for much longer!" I feel like I am slipping up big time. Where did my motivation go? I can't trust that I will lose even a few more pounds. Like, if I gain, it will just stick. What happened to me?
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #170  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Afternoon All,

Moving Forward: Yesterday I told my DH that I wanted to start lifting weights but didn't know where to start. He shrugged and looked supportive but didn't offer any suggestions. So glad you did! I hadn't heard of that book so I did a bit of checking. Ultimately I chose (and downloaded instantly- love the digital age)!
The New Rules of Lifting For Life: An All-New Muscle-Building, Fat-Blasting Plan for Men and Women Who Want to Ace Their Midlife Exams. There is a newer one coming out in a few weeks that also has videos- I might read that one, too.
I'm off to read some more- I'm even more excited to start working with weights now! Not sure if I will join a local gym or just buy more equipment for home. So great to be able to workout and not care if I'm wearing pink pants, green shirt and red hoodie (like today)!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #171  

oooooh woweeeeeeeeee!!..i turn my back on you all and there is 3 pages!!..wow!!...visitors have left...and i am suffering my TOM!!..urgggggghhhh!! most of yesterday in bed with cramps and feeling icky...now back on track after a few days of eating stuff i am not supposed too...a bit here and a bit there...sigh..but oh well now i am back on track..going to the pool today to see physio..going to ask about the numbness in my legs...getting hotter here by the minute making walking in the morning very uncomfortable for all of us...doggie me and friend...not soo bad at night though with hubby and doggie...oh problem with doggie and food is that she is overweight too..sigh cannot win!!..lol..lol..lol...good on ya for working with weights 2fatcats and nemon whooooooot about the 14 days..i am just at my 1 month mark of meal plans...probably going to be naughty over christmas and new year but i do feel sick when off plan and eating carbs so i probably will try and stick to meal planning like 90% of the time!!...i will be here on and off for a while but will try and pop in everyday...missed you all lots...cheers liz

oh and thanks heaps for the sympathy and well wishes!!
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

@zumba - yes, the ten pounds that I gained (and then lost er...at least as of last Friday...were all from the divorce this summer. I'm a stress eater for sure, and I eat when I'm stressed about life circumstances. Hang in there...you'll get through this. You're probably right about the NS and sodium! Maybe you'll see a whoosh tomorrow.

@SeeMyFeet - feel better! That sort of stomach stuff is awful!

@guacamole - I hear you. I lost the ten pounds as of last Friday and all the sudden I feel "off" and I ate poorly all of this past weekend. and as a result, even after eating pretty well today, I feel gross and bloated still. I KNOW if I stepped on the scale, it would say something closer to 144 than 141 and that's so depressing.

@2fatcats - what equipment did you get for the New Rules?

@liz - HI!!! Welcome back!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #173  

thanks hun!!...still catching up on stuff...cooking me some tomotoes and onions in the oven!!...yum yum...might even poach an egg perhaps!!...do your TOM make you hungry??...probably mind over matter for me!!...a pain in the patootie though when watching what you eat...men should experience this too at least once in their life times...mind you i think my hubby does in a way..i get very umm cranky and also a bit whingey...oh wells hopefully will be through this before christmas!!...cheers liz
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry gang. I just don't have it in me tonight. My day was fine til about 4PM, when H's drs appt was over. He needs a pacemaker. Better sooner than later. The meds aren't doing the job.
I'm trying very, very hard to keep it together, but I seem to keep loosing it. Dr wants him to get in within the next 2-3 weeks at most. We STILL HAVEN'T gotten an answer about his medical assistance. We turned in the last of his paperwork 2 WEEKS AGO!!!
I'll try to be in a better frame of mind tomorrow. Cyber-hugs to you all! BE HEALTHY! BE GOOD!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #175  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

for MrsT
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

**big hugs for MrsTryingAgain**
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #177  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

MrsTryingAgain - so sorry about your husband. I can say that I have a relative with a pace maker and her life was improved so much by having it. I don't think she even notices it's there, but it keeps her regulated. She travels, works out, dances at clubs and lives life! There is hope.

Last edited by guacamole; 12-19-2012 at 07:45 AM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #178  

MRSTRYING: Better to have the pacemaker than not to. My father put it off and then it was too late. I know it is scary and I know you are still putting up with the financial stuff but be grateful that there is something that can help your husband.

LIZARD: I can't wait until my TOM gets here...my boobs are killing me and i feel so BLOATED and gross.....hope you're better today....

OLEHCAT: I keep thinking that by the time this divorce is over i'll weigh a good 300 lbs.

NEMOM; having a glass of water between each drink is a good idea...helps cut back the alcohol consumption.

KELIJ; I want to hear more about your juice fasts....which one do you follow?

GUAC: You are having a temporary collapse....it is the holidays, it is winter, it is a low point....we have highs and lows....I'm at a super low. Dust yourself off and get back on the horse. You've come way too far to lose it now....maintenance is so hard.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #179  

Well I gained weight after one day of nutrisystem..i cheated on it and I felt sickly...so I'm not doing it anymore. I wonder if I can return the unused portions to Walmart..probably not. So as if things weren't bad enough I gained more weight....when is it going to end? I'm at the scariest number ever, so much so that I refused to get on the scale today...and I have been weighting myself religiously every morning for the past 15 years! I'm definitely PMS and I think the sodium in the nutrishitsystem made it worse...bloated and in pain....Getting the massage tomorrow night...I just feel achey all over.

So after two days of nutrisystem i'm back to square one and I have decided to go back to the old and reliable thing that works for me. Atkins. Just for a while until I get to a better place and then I will live a low carb lifestyle again. ....I think hitting rock bottom like this is actually a good thing....because I'm so disgusted with myself I actually have some drive now to change things. My jeans HURT, I have nothing to wear and I actually do not want to go out because I have nothing to wear plus I hate how I look......

I am spending today cleaning this house top to bottom.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #180  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

First :

MOVING FORWARD,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MOVING FORWARD, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

May all your birthday wishes come true! Enjoy the day!

Last edited by 2FatCats; 12-19-2012 at 10:11 AM.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote