Old 12-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

GOOD EVENING 40s SUPPORT BOARD! HOPE ALL ARE WELL!

Eventhough I don't celebrate the holidays...the last few months have been stressful, so I may as well be in the midst of them. On top of H's medical issues, our truck decided it needed $350 in repairs today! Decided to loose the power steering! Oh, well, we've been through worse...just another stupid bump in the road!
Took H in for his blood test. This is when we found out about the truck's issue. H also had questions about taking pain relievers while on Warfarin. Warfarin is a blood thinner & there's a warning about taking anything. Made me furious cause we tried for 3 days to get an answer. But we have it. Fortunately H can rest more easily now...his legs don't hurt any more.
I was so frustrated today. I couldn't believe all the garbage going on (slowness in answers & truck). Then I hear about what happened in CT. WHY? WHY? Innocent children who just started living their lives? I just don't understand such violence ESPECIALLY against someone who's never harmed anyone. I just had to get out my own head & walk...so today with my MP3 player blaring I walked for 1.5 hrs (probably 5-6 miles). I know it's good for my health & it would be the only way for me to wind down to sleep tonight.
Am I the only one who does this? That when it all builds up & you just can't add any more...the exercise is on the verge of being a rage in & of itself? It's the only way I can process & crank it all down to where I'm calmer.

NEMom: Good luck tomorrow! Forget about the stuffing of pizza. It was a minor slip. Move forward & keep going, lady! You can do this!

Sheila: Good job on the treadmill! Wish I had $$ & space for a treadmill/eliptical machine. It was really cold outside this afternoon, but I needed to walk & burn some calories. enjoy your time wrapping gifts. I always have fond memories of wrapping gift with my mom (for her grandkids) on Christmas eve. We'd have carols playing & have hot tea/cocoa & cookies. Just think Christmas is only 11 day away...hang on, lady! Then you can look forward to 2013! We'll be right there with you!

Zumba: Sometimes a good stretch is all you need! Just ask my cat! Glad your getting a good start on your "Belly Fat Cure". Go, Zumba! Go, Zumba!

SeeMyFeet: I'm holding out my hand, I'll help you stay on the wagon! Together we can do this! I was a bit off on food today, but I'M NOt going to let that derail me! Together we can do this! I pull you, you push me...then someone else pulls someone else, who pushes someone else. We're a good crew & we'll help each other reach our goals!! Let's go, girls!!

olehcat: Good job on the weight loss! WOO HOO!! PROUD OF YOU! Gotta love your cat! Sounds like mine! She DEMANDS attention when she WANTS it! Clock be damned! I hope the meds your dr gave you are helping. I hate coughs that won't go away!

Liz: So sorry for your loss. I wish I knew what to say. Loosing someone you love, especially at this time of year, is rough. We're here for you. Sending you : to carry your through til you are with us again! Will miss you. Be healthy! Be strong! We are with you in spirit!

TO ALL OF YOU! AS THE HOLIDAYS GET INTO FULL SWING! CHECK IN OFTEN FOR SUPPORT!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Good morning everyone!

Busy day today - I just got out of the shower and will wrap some presents before going to my kickboxing class. Then after class we are all going to go shopping for a family we are sponsoring for Christmas, then a group lunch...hmmm...guess it's not that busy after all because then I'm DONE! LOL

Am committing to NO STARCHY CARBS today - and also no cleaning - saving that fun for tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!

Sheila
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Sick to my stomach over the CT tragedy.....close to home and feeling overwhelming sadness today.

I think even though I was following BFC yesterday I took in too many calories late in the day.....I can't weight to see this scale go down.....

Snowy sleet tomorrow.....so I'll be getting some shopping in tonight....no money but I'll make do.....

More later........
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #139  
Becoming A Better Me

hello ladies, im sitting in my fuzzy jammies drinking my morning coffee n hoping the sun will shine soon cuz my dd n i have a day of hiking n being outside planned n we r so excited! Now if the sun will cooperate lol. Hoping for another good scale reading monday ive officially earned my yr membership to the YMCA for 2013 that was my prize to myself IF i made onederland before or by end of 2012! Now out of 190s by tax time (jan-feb) n cpl new work-out outfits! Well time to get dressed have a great day yall!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Feeling so gross right now because I ate totally off plan today. ;-p I hate that. I have some success (like my low weigh in on Friday) and then I self-sabotage. Such a pattern with me. And tomorrow I'm going out to lunch with my mom and there won't be a lot of healthy choices. Well, at least I'm not surrounded by holiday cookies!

Seemyfeet – congrats on the whoosh!!!!!

Zumbachica – good luck staying on the straight and narrow! Your food plan looks like it would be very effective! I’m feeling very sick over the tragedy, too. It’s very close to home for me, as I am a teacher in an elementary school. I was crying last night, just imagining all my students that I work with (I’m a reading teacher who works with multiple grade levels). I can’t wrap my mind around it.

Sheila – I hear you. I feel so gross tonight because I had frozen pizza again and it’s just sitting in my stomach being gross. Blech.

Mrstryingagain – the meds are awesome! I’ve had a few cough-free nights! Not cat-free though, *sigh*
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #141  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Well I hadn't heard the news or read Lizz's post when I posted yesterday. Feeling foolish for being happy about a silly whoosh.

So sorry for your loss Lizz.

I thought the CT governor's speech last night was appropriate, poignant and elegant. Nothing can really be said. Things will be better in the future, I am sure. Better prognostics for potential mental health disorders. We've seen a lot of changes in our society over the years, 40s ladies, and I am confident that we will witness drastic improvements in the mental health field.

Sleep well, ladies, and work hard tomorrow! Be strong for those who need you.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:52 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

A quick post. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day. I'm hoping for a loss, but if I don't get one...I'll understand. It's seems like with me going through the change...my weight loss is kinda slooooooooow.
I walked for 40 mins this AM. It was really, really cold out, so I was about the only one out & about! My the scale gods make it pay off! Ate healthy & ran my bum off at work today, too! I'm tired, so heading to bed soon.

SeeMyFeet: I know what you mean. I'm just baffled by what to think. But then I felt that way with Columbine, the moive theatre attack & now this. It makes me wonder what the freak is wrong with parts of this world.

olehcat: Pick your healhiest options. Enjoy the time with your mom. I love my time with my mom. Sorry about the cat...sounds like yours is a twin of mine! She cried in my ear this AM at 5:30 & I wasn't getting up til 8! All she wanted was a head scratch.

Zumba: I'm just numb basically about CT. I think it's emotion overload. Whatever you do, your kids will love. Cause they love you.

dangerous: Hope you got a hike in! I'll be doing that this spring. Hope you get that membership! I'd love to get one, but we don't have a Y near here. Oh, well.

Sheila: Hope your busy day was still a healthy day! Kickboxing looks like fun. How long you been at it? Is it hard? Would like to know, maybe even try it some day.

Well, I've got work in the AM again. I hope I'll be able to get up early enough for a walk, even if it's cold & wet out.

BE HEALTHY! BE STRONG! BE THE AWESOME LADIES OF THE 40s BOARD I KNOW YOU ARE!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #143  

Hello everyone,

Yesterday was a good day. One of my new years resolutions is to try to expand my social network outside of work (like everyone here! ). Kickboxing is definitely helping with that and also with toning and strengthening my core!

Trying Again - I think the kickboxing classes are all a little different some like mine use bags and gloves, others are more like an aerobics class and just make the motions in the air...but we kickbox to music and at the end we are all soaking wet from sweat (aka: "fat tears" )....we work EVERY muscle - and everyone goes at their own pace and level of capability - you should try it!!!

I've been kickboxing for years but it's been off and on and in 2013 I'm going to start making it to class at least 2 times a week and run 3 times a week. I love to run, but this group of people are just great.

Which brings me back to yesterday! As a class, we decided to sponsor a family through the "adopt a family" Christmas program. So after class yesterday, we all went to Target with their "wish lists" broke into "teams" and filled carts :-) We all had to chip in a little more money because it was a little more expensive than we thought it would be...but it was awesome bonding time for us and we all felt really good about it. Then after we were done shopping we all went for lunch and drinks...sat at the restaurant for 3 hours and just talked and laughed....now I'm going to a Christmas Eve party and also a New Years Eve party!!

It really is funny how everything is connected to everything...by making this group and my kickboxing team my core social networks, I am also fueling my health and weight loss because all of us share core values! :-) So for those of you who haven't joined an exercise class, you may want to consider it! It's worth the money for so many reasons! :-)

Today is cleaning day (sigh)...it must be done. But first I have several presents laying in the living room that I have to wrap, and I also need to pack a couple of mailing boxes to ship out tomorrow. Then when the floor is cleared I can clean. :-) I think I'll be able to start cleaning at 8:30 - - and with any luck, I can have the first floor done by noon...then the second floor hopefully by 2 or 3...that will be my workout today....then tomorrow kickboxing in the evening again (and then after we are going to all wrap the presents we bought for this family ).

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Sheila
Old 12-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #144  

I need to whine for a bit. All my fault. Nobody else's fault. I've eaten rather poorly from Thursday evening through yesterday. Not a huge amount of food, no binging. I never felt FULL. Just not good choices. Thursday evening had some frozen pizza for dinner and wine. I just was so sick of the healthy soups and salads I'd been having. Friday I had candy and popcorn at a movie. Again, I didn't have a lot of either. I ordered a small popcorn and probably ate about 1/4 of the bag. But you know, lots of butter and oil on that, as well as salt. And the candy was yum and I ate it fast. AND I had a soda and I haven't had a soda in ages. Oh, and I had had a doughnut that morning. Ugh. Yesterday, again, didn't eat a big amount of food, but it was mostly not healthy food. Breakfast was okay, as it was an omelet and was delicious. Lunch was okay, a lentils and beans dish but I did have tortilla chips on the side. Then for dinner I had frozen pizza again, SIGH, and more wine. I had planned to eat really clean yesterday so I can enjoy my lunch out today with my mom.

SO I weighed in at 143.2 this morning, after having my low of 141 on Friday. I know I couldn't have actually gained 2.2 real pounds in two days, but it's going to take DAYS for this water retention to go away, isn't it? And I can't eat totally clean today because I'm going to a Mexican restaurant for lunch.

I guess I will try to order shrimp fajitas without the tortillas for lunch and try to avoid eating the chips and salsa.

I hate it when I can't handle continuing to eat healthy on the weekends. I think it would be fine if I had ONE cheat meal or situation, like if I had treated myself to treats at the movie on Friday and then gone back to eating healthy right afterward. But I have this history of just thinking WHEE, it's the weekend, I get to eat whatever! And then it takes forever to get back to where I was, even with perfect clean eating during the week, and maybe if I'm really, really lucky, I might lose like .4 of a pound. This is why my weight loss is so slow lately.

That, and I haven't been able to exercise. I still have chest congestion that is making taking deep breaths as you get during heavy exercise really difficult. I'm hoping to start up again today. We'll see how that goes. I tried once this week and found it to be very difficult to keep from having a coughing fit. But now I'm feeling flabby and icky, after about 2 weeks off from exercise.

Sorry, I just totally needed to vent and whine this morning. Thanks for listening!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #145  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

thanks for the good wishes all, I'm only on page 8 with a wicked headached, as DH says I'm as dry as a cork, it's windy as heck out here, maybe that dried things up, thanks for the smiles, making me feel better and still have pages to go to catch up!

SeeMyFeet~thanks for the smile, it's nice to have a bright spot in the midst of the sadness about unthinkable acts.

thanks Olehcat, reading through here made me feel better, I think I'm going to boil a little water on the stove and breathe in some steam see if that helps and take the little dog for a walk.

Went to NYC with my mom and dear friend yesterday, not the best OP day to say the least 176.6 this morning, so I had me a scrambled egg, going to make sure I get some exercise and water in me today.

Liz, so sorry for your loss.

best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 12-16-2012 at 08:52 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #146  

whee, I'm excited, though - I just added a diet blog to my profile!!

kellijpa - I hope you feel better soon!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #147  

Liz.....so sorry for your loss....

Well I screwed up yesterday because I baked cookies. I was going to allow myself two....I had way more than that. I would have been OP had it not been for those cookies.....atleast theybhadoatmeal in them so I got some fiber.

I notice that I now "feel fat"....I'm walking differently and thighs are rubbing together.....I feel heavy....I keep thinking about my obese friend and me helping her out of her hospital bed to get her to the bathroom and what an ordeal it was for her....not because she was in pain but because of her weight.....the human body was meant to move.....it wasn't created to carry around a ton of extra weight.......I'll get off my soap box now...

I'm going to head on over to Walmart....get a few gifts for my boys...and then get a chicken because my younger son is complaining of stomach ache....that didnt stop him from eating two big slices of challah french toast! I have the skinniest kids alive ..I used to be that way....never thoughtbthendaynwould come that I'd be worrying about my weight......or a divorce.....or having a job.......

Have a good day ladies, I'm off to make myself pretty. I make it a point to do my face and look decent every day no matter how I'm feeling...because the sweatpant look makes me even more depressed.....

Old 12-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #148  

12:30 - Done with the first floor! Now need to gear up for the second floor (sigh) - I'm thinking of it as a day of exercise...LOL And I will feel SO much better going into the workweek with the whole house CLEAN!

Over the holiday break I am going to seriously CLEANSE and PURGE a few clutter zones...I know I'm going to have to make several trips to Goodwill, but it will feel good to 1. Know it's not all going to the trash, and 2. To start the new year without all of my excess "stuff" that I never use!

Break time - then second floor!
Old 12-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #149  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Default Being good, ended up bad

Happy Sunday All!

I was such a good girl yesterday! DH and I went to the movies with a plan! - I took water and my normal snack - fiber muffin w/ low sodium pb and sugar-free (plus fiber) jelly for my snack. Turns out my jeep had other plans for us though. Dead battery- 20 miles from home, too! After getting a jump, driving to autoparts store, buying and installing a new one, we missed the movie by 5 minutes. AHH! Rather than drive back home (40minutes) we walked around the mall for 2.5 hours. Free exercise I figured! My snack wasn't going to make it for 2.5 hours then a 3 hour movie, though. So we ate at the healthiest place available - subway. No sauce, nothing fatty - total of 356 calories. DH had a sauce-laden/extra cheese footlong with a regular soda and 2 cookies. Sigh. And then bought peanut butter m&ms for the movie - with another soda. Sigh. I was super good, even had grilled chicken for dinner. I was even under my total calories for the day by 100! SO - imagine my dismay this am when the scale read UP 1.6 lbs!!!!! That's over 5200 calories EXTRA!!! TOM is a week away so it's gotta be all the sodium, right? . I was shy 2 of my normal 6 (20oz) glasses of water, too. I should have known when I woke up and my mouth was so parched I could hardly swallow. So today I am drinking drinking drinking extra water to flush it out. And I thought I had been so good. But - still better than eating like DH did. He says he has a 'plan' for Jan 1. Can't wait to find out what that could be. . . .
Mondays are my weekly weigh-in and if I don't GAIN again I will still be down 3lbs for the week. So I'm happy!
Monday starts the new exercise week - 5x instead of 3x.
-C

Last edited by 2FatCats; 12-16-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: saw a mistype
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #150  

Fat cat.....the nice thing about sodium weight is that it isn't fat....drink extra water and you will flush it all out! I give you a lot of credit...I couldn't go to the movies and not get popcorn and snocaps!

Sheila...I love decluttering! Hard for me since I am a pack rat but it feels so good afterwards! Clutter makes me depressed......good for you for cleaning your house today.....kickboxing rocks! It's the only thing that got my triceps hard....

Olehcat...how do you add a blog?

Kelij....feel better...