Old 12-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #271  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I am so sorry onmiwei. That is terrible.

Sheila you braved!! It is a lot of water weight you are carrying...I am hoping to drop 3 pounds of water weight this week!

Moving on 8's!!

Last edited by Sum38; 12-27-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Height: 5'6"

Thank you Sheila and Sum. We are pretty sore today and and couldn't sleep last night. We are all up early. We are going back to the doc for my husband because he had so much adrenaline rushing through he him didn't realize how badly he really did hurt. He had hernia surgery just barely a year ago on his abs..3 different places where the seat belt hits and his stomach is burning. My ribs burn today..and sting..My daughter hit her head and still has a headache but she had a CT scan last night. We also have to go get thing out of my car and take pictures of it, continue talking to our insurance agent and try to get the police report. My husband is pretty bad today...He is the only one who knew what was about to hit us. So I am sure he tensed up.

He was so mad when the drunk driver hit us he ran back to the truck and was trying to get the guy out of the car so he couldn't leave. The guy who was behind him told the police my husband tried to grab him out of the car he thought my husband was going to beat him. When the police found out he nearly hit us in the parking when we were leaving dinner the officer said he would have done the same thing. Said he would want to get a few licks in if a drunk driver nearly hit us and hit us as hard as he did. The guy behind the drunk driver was getting ready to call 911 because teh truck was hitting the curb. My husband normally isn't an angry man but he does have some PTSD symptoms from his several tours in Iraq and I think he kind of went into that mind frame because my husband is not the kind to get into fights...He might have been a little Platoon SgT mode too because he was yelling orders at the drunk driver when trying to get him out of his truck. I am the one who normally who freaks out on idiots. I did jump out after I processed what just happened ready to beat the guy but then I heard someone say CALL 911!!! so i said..oh yeah..we were in a wreck..call 911. I think I also told off a guy checking on my daughter thinking he was the drunk driver. I don't recall saying anything to him but he looked at me and said "ma'am I am jsut checking on your daughter.. I was behind him...I was getting ready to call 911 on him because of the way he was driving."

The poor guy in front of us was kind of freaking out. Here he was sitting there minding his business with no idea what was behind us. He had been sitting there for a little bit. We were behind him then a loud massive crunch and we were beside him. I said thank goodness my hubby tried to get into the center lane so we didn't hit him. I think he realized he would ahve been hurt as well.

The guy got a piddly bond and I thought he had a DUI test on site but his mug shot says he was also arrested for implied consent violation. The police officers were great to us..the EMTs were great..and firefighters. It is nice to know they are wonderful when you need them.

Last edited by onmiwei; 12-27-2012 at 08:44 AM.
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #273  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Onmiwei:Glad you guys are okay! My husband and I are both prior service ---I totally understand the NCO thing. My DH occasionally breaks out what we call 'the NCO hand', where he points with his entire hand (nodding it at the wrist), not just his finger, to emphasize a his point. Sigh.

Sheila: I wear my hr monitor to see the calories burned while I shovel snow - that way I figure it counts as official 'exercise' and I can log it! At 10 calories for every minute out there - it counts! And you bet I'm counting it again when I go back out there in a few minutes.

Mrs: So your truck talked to my jeep which then yelled at my husband's truck. It's in the shop for a new muffler. Seems like as soon as you pay them off they get lazy and don't want to work right.

Was everyone up early this am? I've been up since 0430! And Boy Oh Boy was there (and still coming down) SNOW. Well over a foot (up to my knees when I walked)- I couldn't see my front 5 stairs or my side 4 stairs. At one point this am I had nowhere left to put the snow I was shovelling - the banks are almost to my shoulders. I looked up and saw the lady across the street trudging where the sidewalk should be to her mom's house (next door). I felt bad for her - she might be 5 feet tall with shoes on so the snow came up to her thighs. She was walking holding her purse and work shoes above her head, too. Poor thing!

I saw the cutest quote last night - Unknown author. I think am going to use it once I can get a signature block!

Sweat is just fat crying!

Last edited by 2FatCats; 12-27-2012 at 10:36 AM.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Onmiwei--Wow! I'm so glad that you and your husband are OK! I was in a bad accident in 2009 and I remember the emotional reaction and stiffness/soreness for days. I hope the guy got a DUI and gets his license taken away too! So irresponsible.

Sheila--Boy, I occasionally get those bouts of insomnia and they bite. I'm sure that a majority of your weight is just water. I can't imagine you would have eaten that many calories in a week. No way. Good for you for getting rid of the bigger sizes. You are absolutely right that I need to do that too. That's my next project.

2FatCats--I love that quote too!

-----------
I'm so excited to get dressed today! I'm not sure what to wear first. I'm feeling a little self-conscious because I'm with family and I know they will all be checking out how I look in these new clothes.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #275  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Onmiwei--been there, too...rear-ended at a stop light...saw it all in the rear view in slow motion....nothing I could do...car totaled...left stranded in a strange town by myself...whiplash hurt for weeks!...hang in there...think of it as a vacation and focus on getting better...

Shiela--my fam likes chunky soups, so I usually add potatoes to their food (not mine, too many carbs).

I decided I'm not going to call my plan an "Atkins" plan anymore....I just cannot condone their philosophy...."if you're hungry, add more olive oil to your salad...feel free to have your eggs swimming in butter while they cook....keep some bacon slices on top of the refrigerator for quick snacks.....try drinking bacon grease if you get tired of water....order whale blubber from our online store..."...yuck...I have good choh levels and bp, but still.....my house is well insulated and has a good heating system, but I'm not leaving the doors and windows open! I like the low-carb notion, and Atkins did inspire a lot of low-carb variations...I'm trying my own low carb, low fat, high protein version. For a while anyway.....so anyway....today is day 3...going better today...back down to 36....bouncy bouncy bouncy...but in the right direction today...

There was a lady in the checkout line yesterday...older than me....friendly, petite and stylish...making lots of purchases for herself....nice, flowy, fancy blouses....I smiled inside and out...giddy...thinking..."that'll be me this time next year...I'll be tall, willowy, twirling in fancy clothes"....and then....And THEN...I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.....Loud Balloon Pop....

But you know what....I'm not going to be that person anymore who thinks about past mistakes and wrongs, who thinks about what's wrong right now and worries about being stuck in the status quo...I'm going to think ahead and MOVE ahead...and I'm going to think happy thoughts about the future...I have a lifetime of knowledge and experience and I have a lot to offer the world in the 2nd half of my life...I will not let my insecurities paralyze me into inaction...no more balloon pops!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Dealing with a huge headache. Gotta go to work in an hour. Didn't get my walk in. TOM is here & I just feel ucky. Going to do what I can to eat healthy & drink my H2O. Hopefully I'll feel up to walking during my lunch break. I just fee lost without exercise, but this throbbing head AIN'T going NOWHERE! I'm sure it's just part of the cycle since I haven't had one in 3 months. Maybe my iron is bottoming out, too.

Onmiwei: I am soooo sorry about what happened! I hope like heck this driver gets the book thrown at him! I'm so sick of people drinking & driving...hurting innocent people. I can speak about this..I've lost 5 friends to drunk driving (the other driver was drunk). My grandma (maternal) was permanently crippled by a drunk driver on Christmas eve when I was 7...she almost lost both legs & her left arm. And my middle sister can't seem to stay sober behind the wheel that she hasn't had a licence since the early 80's!!! To me, drunk driving should be attempted murder, because we ALL KNOW that it can lead to death & it is 100% preventable!
I hope you all get better soon. But please, please see about suing this jerk (being kind here). I'll bet my last dollar it's not the first DWI he's had. He needs to be taken off the street & get help BEFORE he kills someone. Maybe contact your local MADD to see if there is a lawyer who can help. Yes, I'm angry at people who drink & drive, because they never seem to hurt/kill themselves, just others! I step down now....

2Cats: Love snow...but not that much! Kinda glad I live when I do. Hmmm...not sure what to do with the snow you still need to move...maybe a HUGE blowdryer? Either way, be safe when waundering around in your winter wonderland.

Sheila: I'm sure I'm up on the scale too. I'm not sure how much, too scared to try it. But I'll join you. The stresses of the holidays are behind us. Only a new year ahead of us...let's go kiick some butt!!! I double-dog dare you!!!
Love the idea of bikes. I haven't ridden in years. Wonder if it's like they say, that you never forget. Might have to look into that for H & I. Add something new to our regiment. Start saving! Sounds like a lot of fun!!!

CYBER-HUGS TO YOU ALL! HAVE A HEALTHY THURSDAY! SHORT WEEK! WE CAN DO THIS! LET'S GET REVVED UP TO BE HEALTHIER IN 2013!!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Got my hair done! I feel better.

Didn't run today (sigh) - just didn't - no excuses. But I shoveled snow this morning - my shoulders are really sore from yesterday!

Kids and I went to the Hibachi restaurant - I had a little white rice - and a kani salad and grilled shrimp and veggies....

I'm ready for 2013 to get here! I had so many things on my "to do" list this week, and didn't get ANY of them done! (sigh)
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #278  

Default Falling off the physical cliff

ooooooooo........I'm so bad.....I stopped doing my exorcises when the cold turned into bronchitis....now I think I have a stomach virus....How am I ever going to get back up that cliff????

rant rant rant
Old 12-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Thank you all for your kind words. Still sore today...I think it helped us getting into the hot tub before we took our pain meds and went to bed last night. My lower left ribs started swelling and bruising today then I started shaking all over, got freezing but my cheeks were flushed and i was sick to my stomach since the wreck. I went back to the doc..possible cracked ribs bu not sure..ggrrr...Found out the guy has multiple DUIs in another state from several years ago. Got a hold of MADD they are having an advocate go to the DAs office with us to try to get him prosecuted Thank you MrsTRYagain for that info! I also want the book thrown at him. We actually got to look at my car in the day light and I am sure it is totaled. The whole back cargo area of my vibe crunched up into the hatch and then into the back tire. The back passenger door won't open because it also was scrunched up into the mess..I loved that car..but at least my family and I are semi ok.

I did get a lot of moving done today going to the doc twice, getting police report, cleaning my car out per insurance request saying more than likely my car was totaled, making our claim, taking pictures of every inch of my car....oh we were gone all day. I didn't eat much which is bad I know but I was afraid I would get sick and that would hurt even worse than it does.

I hope all us well this coming few day!! Then the new year!! then all good things only!! please please please!! I think maybe sat depending on how I feel I might go the gym to either do some light swimming or get on the treadmill slowly. The doc said to keep moving it would help the soreness. I will jsut take it super easy. I have a hot tub but the gym has a sauna that might be useful for sore muscles as well.

Here is to only good days ahead of us!!!
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #280  

I can't believe how fast this week has flown by - it's already Friday?? (sigh)

Scale went down to 146 and 1/2 - so it looks like the 149 must have been water - realistically given my eating over the past week, I wouldn't be at all surprised to have gained 5 pounds

That said - it ends today. Right now I'm having a cup of coffee - then before I do anything else I'm going for a 30 minute run on the treadmill. It is simply WAY too easy to fall back into my old lazy, over-eating ways. Then after the treadmill I'm going down to clean out the basement storage area and taking the Xmas decorations down! Christmas was great, but I'm glad it's over.

Kids go back to their Dad's tonight. The good news - I'm meeting a friend for dinner (definitely having a salad with salmon or some type of seafood). Tomorrow I will kickbox, then deep clean and re-decorate to get the house back to "normal" again.

I have 5 more days off before going back to work - and I'm not gaining another 5 pounds!!

onmiwei - I can't even imagine how sore you must be...the hot tub is a good idea! I can't believe how sore my shoulders and arms are from shoveling all that snow over the last couple of days - I'm sure my soreness is minor compared to yours....EXTREME SELF CARE!!!

SeeMyFeet - Hang in there! You need extreme self care too!!! I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well...hopefully you're getting it all over with and will enter 2013 all better and charged up!!!

Well - another cup of coffee - then treadmill. Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #281  

Just finished running for 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I haven't worked out for a week and wow did I feel it! Amazing how difficult it was - I didn't do 5K, but I at least kept my commitment to myself to be on there running for 30 minutes.

Now breathing for a minute then I'll go start in on the basement. My house is SO CLUTTERED! UH! I'm at that "overwhelmed" point. I just need to get some of this stuff out of my house! Will definitely make a couple of trips to Goodwill today. I just need to focus on one area at a time - if I think about trying to do everything I won't do anything... Isn't that also true with our workouts and weight loss? We just need to focus on one small step at a time - "progress not perfection"!!!

I can really tell I've been eating badly - my stomach is SO bloated from the wine and carbs - - definitely going on a major cleanse January 1st! No alcohol, no carbs and working out 5 times a week. I AM DEFINITELY HITTING MY GOAL WEIGHT by Valentine's day!!! That's 6 weeks and if I start the year at 145ish - (I'm hoping to move the needle down a bit over the next few days), then that's 15 pounds in 6 weeks....definitely doable if I cut out the carbs and wine!

This is awesome - my daughter heard me on the treadmill - I got the kids iPod shuffles for Xmas - she is now taking her turn on the treadmill!!! Makes me so happy!! I feel like I'm being a good role model for her They saw me struggle with just walking, then power walking and now running 5K races and dropping 40 pounds I showed them that it CAN BE DONE!!! WOO HOO!! This is icing on the cake!!! We loaded her shuffle with music last night - I have a great power walking playlist that she's using. She asked me how long she should walk - I told her to try to do 4 songs, but even if she did 3 that is a great start!!

I remember this summer she wanted to go running with me on the trail - she took off running, got tired after a few minutes then had to walk it - I was just reading about how so many people do this - hit the exercise hard, "fail" to meet their own expectations and then give up. She even said "I guess I'm not a runner".... But then I showed her - I wasn't a runner either!! But now I AM!!! Ladies - we can do ANYTHING we DECIDE to do!!!! I'm so excited for 2013! New 2013 goal - I'm going to run a 10K. I can SO DO IT!!!!

That reminds me of a funny Nike post I saw on Facebook - "Just Do It - Even If You Suck" LOL!!!!

Full circle back to my clutter cleaning...LOL. I need to calibrate my expectations - if I start at 9 - I can probably get most of it done by 2. Regardless, I will have made a big dent in it and will feel better!!

.....I love listening to my daughter on the treadmill....music to my ears.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #282  

Na Na NaNa Na NaNa Na Na Na
(theme from Rocky)
Na Na NaNa Na NaNa Na Na Na
(scale down today!!)
Bwhaaa Waaaa.....

233.5---I'll take it! I'll take it!

Turns out I didn't have the stomach flu...(hey, I thought my little cold was nothing, but it turned into bronchitis, so gimme a break!)....I think it was a combination of the high protein diet, lots of vitamins, and a new & different strong maple/vanilla tea....Boy, the only time I've ever had such roiling stomach pains is when I was coming down with a stomach virus....This is definitely a pain/gain situation!!

Working today...off and on...making up for lost time...but still trying to find time to spend with my boys....it's been a tough holiday time for me healthwise...Even though it was good timing for illness, it is just going to make getting into the work routine even more difficult.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #283  

(sigh) - basement work continues - I'm taking a break - so much JUNK. But I'm filling up the garage with trash bags which is good (sigh) - - the first floor of the house is a disaster....my daughter promised to help me - just went to pick up her friend - - I need to get these Xmas decorations DOWN...again, if I get nothing done other than getting them down and in a cleaner storage area in the basement I will consider the day successful.

Confession - I am a horrible disciplinarian....my 13 year old son is still in bed - daughter promised to help me and she isn't...now she's picking up a friend - she said they would help, so I'm waiting for her to get back home, but I'm not hopeful. Some days I wish I could just be a bad ***. (sigh) - instead, I'm getting angry and simply ticked off. On a positive note, I'm getting more exercise in - I know I've walked up and down those basement steps at least 15 times already! LOL. (sigh) - - - they go to their Dad's this afternoon, and I will be left with the aftermath mess. I'm mad at myself.

Okay - she just called and asked if she could go to the MALL?!? I am LIVID. Told her she promised she would help me and I was upset. No clue what she will decide to do.....I'm eating lunch (minestrone), and will go back down to work again in a minute. I am so angry right now. Just feel completely disrespected and very alone - being a single mom is rough.

I'm going to do this on my own....I know I can - just need to put in a few more hours...sorry for venting to you all
Old 12-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the warm welcome to this thread. I love how busy it is. I have been reading and will take time for personals soon.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #285  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Hubby and I took a nice 3.5 mile walk (hike) through snowy woods. I was soaked afterwards, it is hard hiking through nearly a foot of snow

Did I tell you ladies that I hit my 1000 mile goal for the year I set to walk 1000 miles and I sure did My next year's challenge will be doing elliptical for 5000 minutes. 3x30 minutes per week. I feel proud of myself that I stuck through with it.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote