Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone!

Quick post - just went out on another date - this one was handsome and FUN! But - - he lives 90 minutes away so I don't think a real relationship is possible - we'll see - we are going out again, so I'm just going to go with the flow.

Haven't ran for two days - early morning work and late evenings...tomorrow morning 5K on the treadmill!! Then big business meetings and another business dinner.

Food today was good - banana for breakfast, crustless leftover veggie pizza for lunch then a piece of swordfish for dinner. No starchy carbs!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #47  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey Guacamole and others who are being bullied by TOM--what is going on these days? something infectious in the jet stream? magnetic poles reverse? too much estrogen in the water? seems to be a tough time for everyone. Hang in there. Hot tea. Punch your pillow. Woot woot for the 2lb lost! :

Zum-- I also need a kick 'cause I don't know how to tell time--I'm actually not up to an hour of exorcise yet--must've had an interruption yesterday. I'm only up to 35-40min. I'm keepin' up with the perky, skinny girls and have the routine memorized. Hoping to add weights.

Sum--wow, selling your house in winter. We've been in our house the same amt as you. I cannot imagine moving again. (although an excuse to purge would be fantastic!......the house, people)

Feel better olehat!

MrsT--not gone, unfortunately. Still going through. For a couple of years or more (I lose count). I've been praying for minipaws since my last was born! I skip a month or two or three every now and then. Last month was a first--2 in one. I had always been very regular before, so the unpredictability is annoying. Otherwise, no real problems, except I do get really really tired for a day or 2. I cannot blame my wt on it tho. I remember a time in my 20s when I worked with a lady 50ish who had a really really tough time with temperature control. She had a personal fan on constantly and drank iced bevs all yr long....I will be glad when the spigot shuts off.....I will be a little girl again!

Shiela--date!!!!! woweeeee!!! on a school night?!?!?! woo hoo!!!

Good day OP. Did my exorcises. Staying away from liquid donuts....Scale was back down again, but still 0.5# above my ticker/tracker. Not movin' it!... I stopped to get a haircut on the way home today...On a school night!...I know!.....Did not like what I saw in that big mirror. Ugh.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:15 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Okay...busy, rainy day. It's really getting to be the holiday season here in my part of northern CA. We don't get snow, just rain/fog. I don't mind though, it makes it easy to sleep at night.
H had a decent appt., but the biggest problem is that the paperwork H was given to get assistance for his medical needs was the WRONG FORMS! We are livid! Gotta try & straighten this mess out tomorrow. I want to just hurt someone...I won't but I want to! I am NOT going to go through another stressful, crying situation. Nope, not going to go there!
Anywhos, the dr. changed up his meds, added a couple of others..including insulin. He's trying to keep his spirits up, but I totally get his frustration. We'll keep working forward & getting his health under control, I need my yang.
I ate well. Had plenty of H2O. Also went for a 40 min. walk in the rain this morning. I love nature like that.

SeeMyFeet: I know what you mean about looking in the mirror when getting a haircut. I got my cut last week. UGH! I'm hoping to get some sort of new hairstyle when I loose like 50-60 lbs or so. I'm just having a hard time finding something. I have a round face, curly hair with a cowlick on the right side of my forehead. Not fun to work with at all.

Sheila: Enjoy the dating! Sounds like fun. If you don't mind...how'd you meet? I met my hubby through a personal ad. I'll write a blog entry about if anyone wants a giggle. It's a crazy story.

kelijpa: Tracking is important. It helps you see what is working & what's not. It helps you stay accountable & I have to admit I love looking at my calendar & seeing all my colorful check marks.

liz: Love Nicky! Whatta cutie! And loves to have his ears rubbed....awwwww!!! My Agatha is cute, but she in no way would put up with another creature in HER HOME! She's a feral kitty we adopted 12 yrs ago this Christmas, but she's never really became a calm, socialized pet. Frustrates us at times, but we still love her.

syndehat: Planning is a great way to stay on track. I usuall keep all the fresh fruits/veggies then just add either tuna, turkey or I just make a big salad.

Want to read an inspiration about weight loss? Look up Breanna Bond. She's a 9 yr. old who just lost 65 lbs.! I love her story! Read it on CNN, she is my new inspiration! I think she'll inspire you too!

Well, night gang! I'll catch up with you when I can. Be healthy!!! Cyber-hugs!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

I weighed in at 143.2 today. Finally some of the bloat disappeared. I am sick still so I'm just off my usual plan. While sick I have no desire to eat vegetables or anything that isn't comfort food. I don't know why that is, it's like I want to eat tons of carby, fatty foods. So it's hard to quell that desire. I hope to be feeling back to normal in a few days. Meanwhile I'm eating few enough calories that my weight is not going up at least.

So disappointed. Doctor scale said 146.something yesterday. Ugh. I guess it's not surprising. My morning weigh-in at home was 144.4 and by then I'd had some coffee and water in my stomach and was fully clothed. So it proves that my home scale is really close to my doctor scale in accuracy.

I got my new kitty yesterday!!! He's a sweet tuxedo cat who so far hates my Siamese cat, haha. They can sleep and hang out in close proximity, but if one of them approaches the other, he goes crazy and there is "blu" as lizarddau says, haha.

Sheila- a DATE?? Wow. I am recently divorced and I was married all my adult life and I just don't even have the courage to even start the dating stuff yet. How did you get into it? Do you do it online?

MrsTryingAgain - WRONG FORMS? That's awful. I would be livid too. Wow, it's someone's health on the line. And I've not gone through menopause, but I don't get a period anymore because of medication that I take to stop it (my periods were so horrible that they were ruining my life essentially, so I was put on non-stop pills to make it all go away!)

lizarddau - awwwww...Nikky! He is a sweetie! He has a similar look to my Siamese, but a different head shape, I think!

guac - good job with the scale going down!

kellijpa - I do find that tracking food is good for sticker shock! I use myfitnesspal right now, but I feel annoyed because there is no way to add food purely by the gram. Not all foods give you a choice of how to enter it (like with some foods you can ONLY enter it is 1 5-oz portion, for example). On caloriecount at least there was some option where you could ALWAYS just weigh things by the gram, which was perfect for my scale that I have at home and for when I'm in a hurry and don't want to do extra math....
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Good morning y'all, just dropping in to say hello before I start this day. I don't have to go into work today so I can finally catch up on tons of housework and maybe take out a Christmas deco or two just so things seem a bit jolly around here. I need to get organized, and maybe if I do that I can get my personal affairs in order with a clearer head.

scale is mean to me again today....145.8. yuck yuck yuck. The harder I try the more weight I gain, maybe I should just give up.....Cutting back big time today on carbs. Eggs for breakfast, my shake for lunch and not sure what I'm doing about dinner yet. Maybe salad and tuna fish for me and pasta for the kids.

Olehat mazel on the new kitty.....what a blessing. And about the dating thing, you'll know when you're ready. Some things about dating are fun, some really stink. Last week I went out with a guy that spoke and acted just like Tony Soprano, I was waiting to get shot all night. He really was playing my nerves and by the end of the night I made believe I fell asleep in the back of the limo (yes, he has a driver) just so I wouldn't have to listen to him. He also made a comment about his ex wife looking like a barbie doll....uh..yeah that makes me feel really great given I'm feeling like a cow lately. I can't make this stuff up.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #51  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Good morning to all my fabulous 40 something friends!

Ohlecat- Congrats on the scale going down! Don't worry about the what the scale in the doctor's office says, use yours because it is the one you normally weigh on.

Shelia - Congrats on having a fun date. Try not to stress about where it will go and enjoy the time you spend together. 90 miles is not that much in the grand scheme of things. You have a busy life the way it is so having someone special you only get to see on weekends or special occasions might be best for your lifestyle.
MrsTrying- I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time getting help for your husband. This has got to be so frustrating for both of you. Please hang in there! It will work out!!!
Liz- I love your fur babies. I have a house full too and could not imagine life without them. However, there are days I wish we had fewer of them.
Zumba - Hang in there. The scale will move. Have faith my dear. Sorry your date did not turn out well. Don't give up and try to have some fun in the process.

My scale was a little lower today. I generally lose weight in cycles. I will hold steady or go up a few pounds and then right around ovulation time, I will drop a few pounds and this will be my total loss for the month. I guess I am start ovulation about now. However, my cycle and hormones are so out of whack it is hard to tell.
I went out and purchased an e-cig to use. Today is my third day with it. I still have a cough but the raspy feeling I have had is gone. The e-cig has definitely had a bit of a learning curve, I even had to go back to the store I bought it from last night because I was just not getting the hang of it. After my tutorial the rest of the night was better and so is this morning. I really do like it and have high hopes this may be the thing I need to finally kick the cig habit to the curb.
Have a great Wed. all!!!

Last edited by NEMom; 12-05-2012 at 09:44 AM.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #52  

NEMOM: how exactly does that e-cig work? Just curious.....Glad you're feeling better. No worries about my date, I take it all with a sense of humor.....
Old 12-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #53  
Calorie Counter

Zumba - There are a couple different types of e-cigs out there but they all basically work on the same way. There is a battery and when you puff on the end of the e-cig it heats up a part called an atomizer. This atomizer heats up the liquid which causes the vapor you inhale. The one I have uses liquid drops which are flavored and have nicotine in them. There is a store in town which mixes the flavored drops so I can gradually decrease the amount of nicotine used.
Did that make any sense????
Old 12-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #54  

yes, that makes plenty of sense..thank you..so does it smell like a cigarette....
Old 12-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #55  
Calorie Counter

Nope, it does not smell like a regular cigarette. The vapor that you exhale has a faint smell of whatever flavor you are using, I started with peppermint flavor, but it dissipates quickly.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #56  

urghhhhhhhh in pain this morning and last night...i needs a new back and can't find one on ebay..lol..lol i know it is the pilates so i had a hot hot shower first thing this morning so that i felt good enough to go for my walkie..could only do the block twice...so frustrating but persisting...on plan still despite enormous cravings and hunger...wow this is hard!!..i think my appetite is shrinking cause i am not eating all of my meal...

sheila-oh how exciting a date!!..i hope you two have another one!!..he sounds like fun!

see-yeah i knows what you mean about those mirrors..i would wiggle and squirm in the hair dressing chair completely ashamed of my triple chin...i would try sticking my chin out..did not help much..lol..lol.lol

mrs-oooooh i love the rain too hun!!..miss it horribly here!!..nothing nicer than doing your hydro exercises in a shower of rain!!..no lightning though..water and electricity don't mix!!..rofl..i have a cowlick there too and i always part my hair on that side it will not go anywhere else..hmm your hair
sounds lovely..i would suggest a nice shoulder length bob...my hair at the moment is short and spiked on the right side and longish and bobed on the left..about 5 cms past my ear...it is a purply blue colour at the moment but that can change week from week...lol...lol..lol..i love experimenting with colour!!oh my hubby and i met through a blind date about 11 years ago and we have not been apart since!! yeah well nicky gives my piper a hard time and abuses roxy but mainly we are a happy home!! and i sooo love him...he
is such a sook and loves a cuddle and lots of kisses!! oh i am discovering turkey bit by bit..here in aussie land it is not such a big thing to eat..but i love that it is soooooo low in fat..i was tempted to buy some turkey burgers yesterday but thought i would leave it for another day..bought some chicken
thighs instead! oh and i wish you the best of luck with your hubbies paper work..you are one strong amazing lady for sure!!

olehcat-ooooooooh i hope you feel better soon hun and a new kitty how exciting...my two get along okays just takes time...and tuxedo kitties are soo handsome..you must post a pic...i would love to see him.. oh your siamese is jealous and that is only natural..when the tux gets bigger things will sort themselves out!! oh yeah siamese have different head shapes..there is the rounder ones and then the pointier ones.. my oriental girl was soo pointy with huge ears as a kitten that my niece called her a gremlin!!..lol..lol

zum-oh wow don't get sooo down on yourself hun...you are doing amazing...just stuck in a temporary rutt.. this will change...i think cutting the carbs will help...do ya feel okay though??..healthy and strong..that is what matters...i try to focus on that rather than the loss!!..i am pretty sure you look amazing too despite the extra weight...and wow on the date...a limo??..wow!! and i don't know who tony soprano is but i am thinking an italian godfather type of guy??..keep going gal you are an amazing woman!!

nemom-oh i love them all to bits..and they are my company during the long hours when hubby is at work and i am at home by myself!!..you are never alone when you have kitties!! and of course roxy is my walking buddy
and she also keeps me company when i clean the kitchen as well!!..but suspect it is because there might be a treat or something i dropped on the floor..she is very good at hoovering!!oh i soo wish you the best of luck with the ecig! sounds promising! and i think it sounds like you are getting some kind of aromatherapy with the e cig too..sounds fantastic!

have a good day everyone!! wishing everybody a loss and a happy and healthy day! cheers liz
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #57  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Greetings all, finally got decorations on the tree, the poor thing was sitting there waiting for over a week.

Was in a bit of a funk today, not sure why, but just rolled with it, kept off the snacks, so that was good.

just wanted to check in quick, loved reading everyone's posts.
best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #58  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

I am slipping...keep eating like a pig and scale shows it 156 this am I NEED to get this eating under control.... No more excuses for me.

Kel We have not gotten our tree yet. Hopefully weather is good enough this weekend when hubbs is home. -- I hope you are feeling perkier today

Liz I hope you back feels better!

NEMom I am so rooting for you!! You can go smoke free!!

Zumba How did you do yesterday? I LOL:ed on your date... That was funny. I bet his ego was bruised when his date fell asleep..LOL, LOL!!!

olehcat I hope you are feeling better today!

MrsT UGH...wrong forms. I hate filling forms and to get wrong ones. That just ain't right!!!

SeeMyFeet Woot on the 0.5#'s!! I HATE those mirrors at hair dressers...But a new haircut always feels so good!

Sheila22 Finally a nice date!!! and if it is meant to be, 90 miles won't be that big of a deal...my hubby lives 500 miles away

To everyone else
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

This is just a drive-by post because I hAVE to get up and take a shower and get ready for work like right now, haha, but I am really enjoying your comments and support, ladies!

Today I weighed in at 141.4!!! I think it has to be a glitch because I was a little dehydrated last night (all this cold medication) and my appetite has been so off, but it's SO nice to see that lower number. I haven't seen that number since May! So it might go up again tomorrow, but today I'm going to enjoy it!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #60  
Calorie Counter

Good morning all!!!
Quick check in to let ya all know that my eating has been OP ALL week so far. Three whole days I know but its still three days and working on four today. I have also exercised for four days this week. Feeling good. Of course, that can change with one bad decision but trying to stay positive. Scale is not going down but its not going up either.
Day four of using the e-cig. In all my thousands and thousands of times trying to quit smoking, this is by far the easiest. Of course, I say that with caution because a) I have tried so many times and failed and b) because it is only day four.

Have a great one ladies!!!

Last edited by NEMom; 12-06-2012 at 09:41 AM.