Old 12-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #196  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Really??? up 2 lb???? Really??? Now the Godfather voices in my head are ready to make my scale an offer it can't refuse.

Staying in bed today. This thing is turning into bronchitis. Fish out of water...gasp..gasp.....hope the mucinex will help soon.

I can't join ya on that particular 'men' bandwagon (there will be another coming around I can join...I'm sure).....I'm just as bad about getting myself to the dr. Not for a toothache, though.

I wish I were rocketing today .
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #197  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone! Quick check-in to say that I was still too chicken to weigh-in today. I have been going over my calories every day this week. So far today, I am on track. I have also been slowly weaning off heavy carbs and sugar, although I am not where I need to be. I decided to forgo cookie baking for the weekend. I hope my kids won't be too disappointed, but I just cannot handle them right now. Every Friday/Saturday I end up eating the equivalent of 1200 calories or more in cookies alone. I wish I had the will power to only have 2 or 3 cookies, but I just can't stop binging on them. So - no cookies for anyone this week. I did make them some cakes for dessert that they like, but I could take or leave. So far, I have no inclination to cut into them and have a piece. If I had made cookies, I would have already downed a dozen! So, I am making progress. My pants are still tight around the waist, though.

Good luck today, everyone! to you all!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #198  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Afternoon All,

Still no snow! So frustrating! Guess that means the dogs and I can walk, though!

SeeMyFeet: Glad you keep that sense of humor even when you're sickly!! DH had bronchitis last year and he most certainly did NOT have a sense of humor.... As far as how long for weightloss - that was 10 years ago. But - I still vividly recall - my DH was in military and deployed on 28Oct and I started the day after at 232lbs as my 'official' weight. When I saw him next on 25Feb (for 4 days) I weighed 158 lbs. No idea where 180 was in that first mix! But I have 'revisited' 180 many times... That first time - down 74lbs in 4 months - was because I was working, no kids, spouse deployed and I worked out 2x a day (cardio and weights) and did Atkins without a single cheat. I stayed in the Induction phase the entire time, too. Sadly I was so hungry that I would go to bed at 2030 to avoid eating, lay on my side and ball a pillow up by my belly to try and stop hunger pains. I got down to 150 and 15% body fat. Was it worth it? Short term - heck yeah. Long term? Nope. By not transitioning and learning to eat more calories and maintain I wrecked my metabolism and set myself up for the pattern of up/down/up/down. Took me years to realize it, though! I have finally learned that the human body will adjust to what you give it - less calories eventually just slows down my metabolism. So I have to keep eating less and less and working out more and more to achieve what I did at the beginning of a program. So this time I am at my BMR calorie requirement of 1500 (for current weight), feel no hunger, I eat 6 mini-meals a day and I do 26minutes of cardio 3x a week. It's working. And if my body adjusts and stops losing- I have room to add in a little more exercise. Weights here I come! I want to teach my body to increase it's metabolism - not decrease!
Enough rambling - hope eveyone is well!

Last edited by 2FatCats; 12-20-2012 at 01:39 PM.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #199  

Wow...i gotta hand it to ya....i don't know how anybody can stay on atkins for 4 solid months....I need my veggies.....I've only been able to stick to atkins for as long as 4 weeks.....after a few weeks into my first real atkins attempt, i just had to have a veggie, so I ate a pickle....and got a severe migraine. But, Boy Howdy, did you get results!

Wuz hopin to try atkins again for a while, just to get the fast results, but this coldy thing is getting in the way. Hey, 2-4 calories per cough! And ab exercises!

End of the world and i've got bronchitis. bummer.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

@SeeMyFeet - I thought you could have veggies on Atkins! It's been a lot of years since I did Atkins, but I would do it again in a heartbeat if I could make myself like meat better. It was effective and I felt great while doing it. But now? Too hard to go for 2 weeks with no wine or caffeine (as in the induction). But even on induction, you can have quite a bit of veggies! You're not supposed to have fruit (that gets added back in later) or grains or legumes or sugar, as I recall. So mostly you would eat meat, veggies, dairy. I HEAR you on the coughing though, geez. I am still coughing 2 weeks after my virus started. Very annoying.

I am not Miss Virtue today. I had so much toffee this evening. Ugh...
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

AH HA!
This came to me this morning...to help myself, I need to help others. Yes, it very stressful right now in our home, but if I use my energy to help others it may take my mind off it for awhile. Also in all honesty, I've done ALL that I can for the time being. Yes, be ready & willing to fight to get H what he needs, but also let it go when I can't be making phone calls, taking him to appts or whatever. If I don't let it go some, it may end up causing more harm than good: HBP for me, mental breakdown, sleepless nights, migraines, etc. Done...I'll keep everyone up to date, but I'm going to do all in my power not to implode.

We went & saw "The Hobbit" today. Our Christmas gift to each other. It was good. Nice change from work & such. Was going to go for a walk in the park, but it was really windy, cold & threatening rain. Walked our local mall instead. Ate clean & had plenty of H2O. So a good day over all.

SeeMyFeet: I personally don't get "diets" that eleminate all meats/vegggies/fruits/grains/dairy. Eleminating sweets, yeah, but not the other things. Course for me the minute someone tells me I cannot have XYZ...that's when I want it!!! And I'll usually get it! Good luck though! Different things work for different people.

2FatCats: How'd the trip to the sporting goods place go? Well, I hope! Sorry there's no snow, but the dogs will LOVE you for it (the walk)!!! When we used to care for my cousin's dogs...we couldn't say the word "walk" or they'd go crazy. We called it a rutabaga. Kept them guessing.

guacamole: That's why we don't keep cookies or cake in the house. I can't say no & H needs to say no. Sorry the kids aren't happy, but in the long run it's healthier for all. I know that probably won't fly with them, but I had to try!

Zumba: I wish your friend the very best. Positive, positive vibes coming her way!!! Hope you had a great day, rocket-girl!

olehcat: Soft toffee? Mmmmmmm...I'll have a VIRTUAL piece! Yes, this time of year is really tough. Be thankful it only comes around ONCE a year. Course then I guess it wouldn't be a special if it was monthly. Give yourself a break. Any exercise I think is the right exercise. Do what motivates you. What interests you. For me, I love walking! Why? All it costs is investing in a decent pair of shoes & time. Also it's something I can do with H. Bonus? Yesterday while walking we saw a couple of beautiful hawks, a covey of quail & many other birds. Find your exercise bliss!

liz: Glad your keeping up the hydro exercise. I'm going to have to see if I can find a place for that when the warm weather hits here. I HATE hot weather! I think I'm built backwards. I get depressed in the summer time, not in winter. Course every day here is the same in summer...hot & uglier than dog water. I just can't ever get "comfortable", which kinda sounds like where you are now. I'll vitually send you some of our cold north wind & a smattering of rain (our typical Christmas weather her in my part of CA).

Okay, that helped! I feel like I've accomplished something! Tomorrow, I'm back on the phone again. I've decided that I'd make calls, up until noon my time & then stop. Cause when it comes to government type offices...they probably won't get back to you til the next day if it's AFTER 12. Besides 3 hours of phone call making during a weekday is enough. I don't need the knot in my neck to grow to the size of a coconut!

HAVE RESTFUL EVENING! BE AS HEALTHY AS YOU CAN DURING THIS HOLIDAY TIME! SHOW LOVE TO THOSE AROUND YOU! MAYBE EVEN BE A BIT OF A KID...BELIEVE IN MIRACLES & WISHES UPON STARS!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:06 AM   #202  

another fairly good day...not soo hungry anymore...thank god!!...finding it hard to get any turkey other than turkey rolls..i like the turkey steaks and the burgers but the shops aren't selling them instead there is hams as far as the eye can see...oh well just have to wait it out...sent some christmas cards today.. i know it is a little late..but better late than never i say...EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!! they are sooooo expensive and kinda ho hum too...not easy finding nice ones this year...hope you all are safe and well!!
yeah and the world has not ended...YET!!..lol..lol..lol..well i don't think they specified a time sooo still might come!

guac-good on you for abstaining from the cake..if that was me i would be in there like flynn!!..devouring a large slice everyday till it is all gone..now bikkies i can give or take...not really interested in them! keep at it hun!!

2fatcats-good on you too for the right attitude...i am working out as hard as i can in the pool...physio has stepped up my exercises and i have increased the reps as well...going to do a whole different set in about a month i think!!..tis all good!!

see-hope you are feeling better hun..nothing like christmas and being sick..blah!!...i am lucky my TOM has come before the day!!...urrrghhhhhh cramps and christmas food...yuck!!

olehcat-hand that toffee around hun!!..yummy..we will all try and help you eat it then you will be forced to have less..does that help??...lol..lol..lol!!you get better too hun!!

mrs-woweee you go girl...you aught to be congratulated for being soo positive in these trying times for you both!!...keep on going in the right direction...mow those speed bumps over!!...ooooooh i want to see
the Hobbit too...loved the book..hoping to do a lot of walking when we go away soon!!..probably wont be going to the pool each day but will try and keep it going!!..yeah i am like that in summer too..it is horrible here so much so that i have stopped walking in the mornings..too hot even by 7.00am..and i am not getting up any earlier!...good weather for salads and cold meats!
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:06 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Okay - here I am saying "I have to step on the scale daily" and Guac - like you, I have been too "chicken" to do it!!! LOL - - I hear you on the holiday binging girlfriend - hang in there!!!

It's supposed to snow here today - WHITE CHRISTMAS!!

Very windy right now....and again, I am NOT in the mood to go to work today! LOL TGIF!!!!!

Am going to eat some breakfast (Ezekiel english muffin with 1 slice of rice cheese) then have some coffee and get on the treadmill in about 45 minutes - even if I only walk for 30 minutes, I'm going to do it - - another holiday "party" this evening...but I know the restaurant and I can order a very tasty salad...just need to stay away from the bread bowl - - as for the wine however.....

The good news - even if I do gain a couple of pounds over the next two weeks - I have lost 40 this year!! So I know in January I have the discipline, ability and drive to shed it!

Happy Holiday weekend everyone!
Sheila
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #204  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

MrsTryingAgain

things going ok here, weighed in yesterday because of xmas lunch, it wasn't too bad, I'm only up a pound from that hanging in around where I want to maintain, next week will probably not be so good. In a way I'll be glad when it's all over, get back to normal life...weird looking forward to the holiday but also looking forward to the end of it...

Last edited by kelijpa; 12-21-2012 at 06:52 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

bwah, everyone, I stepped on the scale today and it was about what I thought still, and grim. Still 144 but a little less than 144.4 like it was yesterday. I need to eat as clean as possible the next few days so that Christmas won't take me all the way back up to my high weight!!!!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #206  

kelijpa - I feel the same as you do! As nice as the holidays are, I'm ready to get back into a normal routine!

and olecat - great strategy! I am also going to try to eat clean - at least for breakfast and lunch! And I'll do my best at all of these holiday dinners - it is SO HARD though!!

I just got off the treadmill - ran 5K - - part of my "Maintain don't Gain" strategy...makes me feel better knowing that I'm fueling my metabolism and burning fat. I am probably canceling it out with the wine and carbs, but neutral is okay for these next two weeks -- as long as I burn the excess calories, I won't feel bad.

Speaking of burning fat - tomorrow I am going to attempt to do a TWO HOUR Kickboxing Class!! They only do it once a year - around the holidays - same logic - a really intense workout - then party...LOL

Well - I have to hit the shower - so glad I gave myself 30 minutes this morning...small price to pay for my peace of mind.

TGIF!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #207  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

It's SNOWING!

Yea! I let the pups out this am and it snowed last night!! It covered all the grass but by this am it was starting to do that drizzle/rainy thing and melting the snow - I realized I needed to get out there and shovel the sidewalks before the slush froze and I had 2-3 inches of ice under the snow that's coming. I also got the bright idea to wear my heartrate monitor and use this as my 'warmup' before working out. Didn't turn out that way! I forgot - slushy snow is HEAVY! I was out there for 40 minutes before I was soaked in rain and slush and panting like I had run around the block 40 times. As it turns out - I burned 10 calories every minute I was out there! SO - that's my cardio for the day! And weights, too, I think. My poor back. I probably shouldn't scoop and sling the heavy snow

Mrs: I love the Winter, too and hate heat. I am one of those sweaty chicks. And since my body decided to enter perimenopause at 40 - yikes. I can't imagine! I'm originally from South Texas (hotter than hot plus humidity). The girls did love the walk - but it was cold so I pretty much drug them around the big block for our quickest mile ever! As far as equipment - still debating. Definitely some foam rollers for recovery - I had never heard of them until reading the NROL book! Oh - and a massage stick - not what you think!! Don't google it at work - you never know what might turn up

Guac: I figure I would probably have eaten that many calories 'tasting' the cookie dough. Sadly, I'm a spoon licker.

Sheila: That's the spirit - Celebrate the 40 pound victory! And it is!!

See: Hope you are feeling better!

Keep up the good work, Ladies!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #208  

Just had a mani/pedi over lunch! Red sparkly toes!!!

Now back to the office for the afternoon - it's snowing here too!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Drinks with the staff begin at 4pm ("offsite meeting" - lol)...will only have one - then home to light the tree and celebrate the end of my 2012 work year!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday...oh - lunch was a handful of multigrain tortilla chips - PMS isn't helping my carb cravings...at least they were multigrain!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Quick up-date & request:

I guess being a big B can pay-off. Yesterday during my calls, I DEMANDED assistance in moving my hubby's medical requests forward. I also DEMANDED to have someone who was competent working on our case. (Don't know if mentioned in 1 of my last posts...we were given the WRONG paperwork by someone who SPECIALIZES in getting medical help for people---delaying our request by at least 4 weeks!!!!) This morning BEFORE I started making calls, WE got a call! Once we turn in H's med records...his approval will be fast-tracked. Call into the dr. to get those made IMMEDIATELY after call.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep your fingers crossed, thoughts possitive & all the rest! I really want my hubby to get what he needs. I can't bare the thought of lossing him.
I do not like playing the B, because it something I want to change in myself. But when my loved ones NEED something or may be in harm...I play it. I just wish I could play it as gracefully, respectfully & subtly as my mom. Oh, well...
Anywhos, please : and all the rest.

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! Cyber-hugs! Have a good, healthy day! More laters!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #210  

Think I'm starting to feel human again....coughed up both lungs last night, but curiously, not much coughing today....Yay Drugs!....what??? mucinex and ibuprofen....what were you thinking???...Anyway 2nd day away from work.....Nice unexpected vacation, but I'll pay for it later.

Congrats on the progress MrsT.....asking/demanding what you're entitled to is not being a "B". Encouraging people to do their job is not being a "B"....and when you get the system to work better for you, hopefully, it will work better for the next person....just another way of paying it forward....wear your scarlet B proudly, lady....

Scam alert--If you haven't heard of the Grandparents Scam, google it and warn all the elderly people and elder care workers you know. Such scams are extremely common, and this GS is going viral. These predators need to go to jail!!!!

Been bummed about wt loss...Not liking where the year is ending with me...I don't like wt loss tricks like atkins either, but I want to try a drastic change for a while as a jump start and trick my brain and body into working harder.

Pet peeve....That Look...scanning from head to toe when someone meets you....I hate that... especially when they do it 'secretly' and their glances stop at my midsection....Like I cannot see them......I've never been the best dresser and now with the weight gain, I've given these people more to judge......lots of these types at a meeting next summer, and I really want to avoid being on their radar.

Keep pluggun' away ladies!!!!