Old 12-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #241  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone. Quick check-in - finally braved the scale and it read 153. I've been feeling so bloated....it seems that TOM has arrived and I didn't even realize I was in PMS mode. Ever since I had my annual pap smear about 2 weeks ago, I've been crampy and spotting. So, it's kind of been like a month long period, except now it's here for real. Oh well, at least I will be feeling better and hopefully less bloated and fewer cravings in a few days. Lots of housework and laundry to catch up on today - for a mom, there is never a vacation from the daily drudgery!

Happy holidays, everyone! Thanks so much for sharing your lives and giving your support every day. I honestly think 40-something ladies are the coolest!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Not sure how many remember me but I started here shortly after my dad died, then two weeks later I lost my job....well I kind of fell out for a bit...I think it hit me harder the closer to my birthday it got. I am still the same weight...so that part is good. But I have been only working out and eating right every so often.

I need to continue on and quit feeling sorry for myself. I am tired of being fat and out of shape. I hate looking pictures of myself....

So I am getting up, shaking myself off and get busy on this.

Hope all have a great christmas or happy holidays..which ever greeting you prefer...And here is to a WONDERFUL 2013!
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Pretty decent day over all. I walked for 45 mins. Ate okay. Food may have been a little over. It's okay though...I'm going to give my very best each day. I hope the lbs will come off, if they don't...I'll cry, then I'll ask a dr. about it. All I can think is that menopause/something else physical may be at work here.
I'll admit it ladies, I'm a little nervous. I watched a repeat episode of Dr. Oz where Rosie O'Donnell was the guest. I'm not a fan of Rosie's, but that episode made me think. My dad battled HBP & heart disease...it ran in his family. So it can be in me...but I don't know because I haven't had a physical in waaaaaaaaaay to long. I'm really hoping I can get a physical in the next month or so, that is one of my goals for this coming 2013.
So for 2013...I hope to get a physical, lose weight/get in shape, help my hubby with his health & maybe even a job change. But I will take it one day at a time. One healthy day at a time!

onmiwei: Welcome back! Sorry about the loss of your dad. Been there, done that...really a rough, rough road. Do what you can, don't be rough on yourself...just put one foot in front of the other. Next thing you know, you'll be on your way.

guacamole: Yes, we are the coolest! Nice of you to notice! Yup, being a mom is the toughest, greatest job you'll ever have, but not get paid a wage.

Sheila: I really, really hope you & your brother reconnect. I used to be really close to 1 of my bros & a cousin. Things came apart horribly...haven't spoke to either of them in nearly a yr or more. My brother even remarried & I found out 2 wks later. I hate how things came unraveled & I have zero clue to put it back together. I tried to mend things with my cousin, but she never responded....oh,well.

zumba: It can be the time of year bringing you down. Don't look it as a yr of what the ****, look at it as a chance to try something new. So maybe it's not perfect or even what you expected, but is there not some positive aspects in it? Build on those! It may only be a few tiny things, but they are yours! You did well with the work-out!!! Maybe focus for a while on your fitness...then when you are ready you'll feel like working on another aspect of your life. ENJOY your kids while you've got them. Let them know they are loved. Pamper yourself when you are apart. Find support in others who are on this path with you. Try to keep bitterness out of the equation, bitterness is never positive (for you or the kids). Okay?

SeeMyFeet: Good for you on the loss. Staff in drs. office's know how hard it is to lose weight, cause they see people battle with it constantly & may even themselves. Take care of yourself! I hate being sick! I usually battle broncitus or a sinus infection every year. This year, no. I'm hoping (knocking on wood as Mom would do!!) that it stays that way. GET WELL so you can enjoy Christmas. Hope you didn't get to mangled by the crazy crowds out there!!!

Anywhos...Santa's on his way!!!

MAY ALL YOUR CHRISTMAS WISHES COME TRUE!! BE HEALTHY!! BE MERRY!!

P.S. This board is the best gift I've gotten in a long time!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #244  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate this Holiday!

Last edited by Sum38; 12-25-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

To those of you who celebrate Christmas - Merry Christmas!

Kids woke up at 4AM - uh, yep...my house now looks like Santa's workshop exploded. Thank goodness my daughter is a neat freak....she'll have it cleaned up before she and her brother go to Dad's I know I've said this before, but I seriously don't know where she got that from...LOL But what a BLESSING!

The kids bought me several running shirts - a headband and running gloves (for those chilly days), a "Mommy" necklace (I cried), a couple of coffee mugs, candles and some shower gel and lotion....such sweeties!!! We had a wonderful Christmas.

Unfortunately, my TOM kicked into high gear - and I think it must be due to all of the junk food I've been eating, but I have HORRIBLE CRAMPS - UH!!! Glad I don't have to go anywhere today....just going to relax.

Tomorrow - grocery store early - snow storm will start around 8am - we are supposed to get 6-12 inches!!!! I know this sounds crazy, but I love shoveling snow...LOL. I don't have a big driveway - I just like being out in the weather. I'm really looking forward to it! I didn't make my minestrone, so I'll do that and also some chicken noodle soup for the kids tomorrow. I absolutely love the idea of getting snowed in when I know I don't have to go anywhere! I will also run 5K on the treadmill tomorrow (by then my cramps should subside) - and then - - DEEP CLEANING. So many rooms to tackle - but I'm starting with my exercise room! I want it to be in perfect form by 2013!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #246  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

A little Christmas miracle---scales back down to 236. As predicted, from my posted low of 35.5, the slinky went up to 39.5 (really???) but back down today to 36. I'll take that! I was telling my husband that I haven't been on a real plan for a week or so, just nibbling, but I haven't ever felt full or stuffed. I think I have the portion control down, ladies!!! But a new problem has arisen....I am addicted to cooking and my food is getting more and more tasty! Anyway, gonna go with the flow and start Atkins today. Two eggs for breakfast, and already cheating with the coffee!!

I have to say...that shadowy crevasse in the back of my brain has been growing these days....I've been having distressful dreams and waking up with memories of past hurts, insults, rejections.....and the dread of more in the future from current demons and AHs....I'm workin on it...opening my eyes to all the joy the world has to offer (like this guy: )...I guess I'm mostly afraid of letting myself down--I know I will be making some big NY resolutions soon....This forum is a gift and a great resource...and you guys are treasures....
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Happy holidays! I thought what a better day to explore these forums more closely then today. I have some time to myself as the turkey roasts away. I love how quiet it is in the neighbourhood today.
I am 46 soon to be 47 and as you can tell from my ticker I have a large amount of weight to lose. I do not really know what my goal will be as I have been obese most of my life, since about the age of 7. But I see so many inspirational stories of others that were as big as me or close and get down to a number much lower then my set goal. This gives me hope.

I follow WW and go to therapy for overeating.

Will check in later or tomorrow.

Good night.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

A very quiet Christmas. Went for a walk in the rain with my hubby. It was pretty cold out, but it was needed. I got an awesome gift from me..2pairs of EarPops. They are basically earmuffs without the band, so I can wear my headphones if I want! So needed when the north wind blows. I can't wear knit hats, I'm a hot head (so to speak).
I've been a bit melancoly today (a lot?). I honestly thought my family didn't celebrate Christmas, I was wrong. It's just my hubby & I aren't part of it. I called my mom today to tell her Merry Christmas anyways & let her know I was thinking of her. She let it slip that she was just on her way out the door to spend the day with 3 of my brothers & THEIR families. To be honest, I've feel like crap (sorry if I offend). I know my family is dysfunctional. I know that for some reason they don't want baby sister & her better half around, it hurts. I can't help but wonder that if God forbid anything ever happened to me or my hubby they wouldn't give a rat's behind. I really wish we could move away, perferrably FAR AWAY...so they aren't just 30 or so mins. away. I can't/won't tell H what Mom said. I can't bare my family hurting him more.
Then on top of that...false alarm on menopause. Right after I got off the phone with Mom, TOM showed up. I guess it was just too much for my body to take. I now have ugly cramps, back ache & head ache to go with the ugly feelings in my heart.
Sorry, gang. I've promised myself not to get so freakin' wrapped up in this mess. TO **** WITH THEM! Daddy would be furious! I can't/won't blame Mom, I know she's lonely & that this time of year has to be rough. She deserves to be happy.
So my walk is the only thing I got right today. I've over-eaten, skipped on water (drinking diet soda again ), & all I've wanted to do was lay around watch tv & try to forget.
*****SHAKING HERSELF**** ENOUGH!!!

Time to check-in & be an encouragement!

pluckypear: Usually play games against you! My neighborhood was quiet today, too! I love it like that! Yup, I have a lot of weight to loose too! It's not cooperating much, but I'll be darned if I'm going to give up! Glad you joined us! This is an awesome group!

SeeMyFeet: I think your pounds may have come to my house. I haven't stepped on the scales, we aren't on speaking terms. I know I'm not loosing. Decided to weigh myself only like once a month, unless I get in for a physical. I know about old nightmares & demons. THEY SUCK! But try not to let them suck the life & happiness out of you!

Sheila: GREAT! Glad you had a good Christmas with your kids! Love the necklace. See? Told you that you guys would have a good one! Be safe with the impending storm. Starting the cleaning with your exercise room? Love it!!! Sounds like your taking 2013 on full speed ahead. You inspire me! Thanks!

Well, I'm going to go take a hot shower & go curl up in bed with an old movie of some kind. I can now look forward to the holidays soon being in the "rearview mirror" & breathing again.

BE HEALTHY!!!! BE AN AWESOME 40-SOMETHING!!! CYBER-HUGS!!!

LET'S TAKE ON 2013 LIKE WOMEN HALF OUR AGE & SHOW THEM HOW IT IS DONE!!!!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy Holidays everyone! To those that need it, a big hug

I'm staying with family and had a nice Christmas. I'm on a 2 week diet break to see if that will help me bust through the plateau I've been on. I'm a nervous wreck about it, though. I'm not preparing or planning my own food, nor am I anywhere near my treadmill or my scale. And I've been eating PLENTY the last two days with the holidays. I'm afraid the scale could have a bad surprise for me when I get home.

On the upside, my relatives keep oohing and ahhhing about how good I look. My mother-in-law even suggested I might want to stop losing weight! And tomorrow I am going to take advantage of the sales to get some badly needed smaller clothes.

Take care everyone. You are a great group of ladies.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Today is my hubby's bday. It was supposed to snow so I was going to go take sr pictures of my daughter ( I am an artistic photographer who has done portraits at one time for a living) but now I am not sure if we will get any snow..it is still raining. We might have to drive north into KY to see any but hubby sounds sick.

I am slowly getting back on the eating right wagon and today we are also supposed to head to the gym.

MrsTryingagain-thank you for the warm re welcome It has only been 4 1/2 months since dad died and I live half way across the country from my sis and mom. I know if I lived closer I would be there with them on holidays but since I live so far I call them to hear what a good time they are having...my sister goes to my mom's house ever other week to help her out (she lives 3 hours away) Keep up the good work on walking and working out...and maybe stop by one of the blood pressure kiosks in the stores just to get an idea of what it is...or see if you know any CNAs, LPNs, or RNs who might be able to take a quick check of you BP. I just took a CNA course to get ready to go to school to be an RN (quick decision when I lost my job) and we learned how to take bps..normally mine is super low esp for my size but during class it was super high. More than likely from the stress of losing my dad, losing my job, and then deciding to go back to school right afterwards. My hubby took a CNA class a while ago so he takes mine every so often now. Still not down to what it was so I am thinking it is time for my physical anyway. Hubby is retired military and last time I went to the military hospital the doc said when I was 40 they had tests to run..I just won't go back good luck!

Seemyfeet-CONGRATS on your Christmas miracle I also have been having past insults come back to haunt me and it sucks. I blew an interview of a job I wanted very badly because those insults came to the surface and I couldn't help thinking the panel of interviewers were thinking that of me..I got nervous and just acted like a blundering idiot in the interview..ugh..and I knew it while it was happening I just couldn't pull it together. i think I have a tad bit of depression with all that has happened in the last 4 months so the past insults seem to drag me down even more. So here is to a new year of not letting those drag us down

Movingfoward-I bet that felt good getting all those compliments on your weight loss!

pluckypear-I have a lot to lose as well. I picked a number as a goal but really I will stop when I get into this one pair of jeans that I had as teenager...I still have them. I liked how I felt when I was that size (size 10) Though at the weight I was when I was in them I was told by docs I was 30-40lbs overweight but I looked better than my friends who weighed the "right" weight. So i'll stick with how I feel rather than what the scale says.
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #251  

Hello Everyone,

UH - I ate and drank WAY TOO MUCH yesterday! Feel like crap! Maybe that's a good thing? Just ran to the grocery store - snow is scheduled to start in exactly 8 minutes... LOL

We are supposed to get 5-8 inches today and then another 2-4 tonight. It was hilarious - everyone was at the grocery store buying water - I bought a box of wine. (I have jugs of water already at home...LOL)

I'm actually looking forward to the storm - I'm going to use the day to deep clean the first floor of the house. I know I said I was going to tackle the exercise room, but I just really need to get this first floor done - it's driving me crazy! Maybe this afternoon I'll tackle the exercise room. I love having this week off and just staying at home! I sincerely want to get more organized this coming year....way too much junk and clutter!!! And it always seems that after Christmas I just add to it - so I'm in serious "purge" mode....out with the old, in with the new!!

onmiwei - Happy Birthday to your Hubby! I'm sorry he's sick - hope you get to see some snow today!!!

Moving Forward - Love the idea of a "diet sabbatical" That's how I'm going to think of my week this week and I do think that sometimes you have to mix things up to break out of a plateau!

MrsTryingAgain - I'm so sorry about your family. I tried to call my brother several times yesterday - finally last night he called me back. We talked for a few minutes so it was nice - but a pity we live so close and are so far away from each other...hang in there honey - and DO YOU!!!

pluckypear - awesome to see you on the boards! This is literally like a family to me! And where you are isn't as important as where you're GOING!!!! We are here to support you!! You can do it!!!

SeeMyFeet - uh, sweetie - how can you cheat with "COFFEE"?!? LOL Guess I'm not familiar with Atkins....LOL Chips and dip I could understand, but coffee?!? Kudos to you for kicking your plan into high gear during the holidays!!! WOOSH!!

Well - no snow yet - I'm going to put on some music and start CLEANING!!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #252  

It's SNOWING!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #253  

WOW! The snow is really coming down fast! Roads are covered - thank goodness I have all the supplies for some yummy soup!

I just cleaned the first floor - will make soup then tackle the laundry room this afternoon before going out to shovel (for what will be one of many times I'm sure!) - - - burn off the binge calories! LOL

I can't believe how fast it came! WOW!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #254  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

You must be south of us, Sheila. I am in Michigan and we are just waiting for the snow to start.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #255  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Ugh. 235.5 then 239 then 236 then 239. Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy.

1st day of Atkins...good....still counting calories as well, and keeping fat low.

Welcome pluckypear and onmiwei! Great user names!

Shiela--I did update my knowledge of Atkins, they recommend eliminating coffee and alcohol, but seem to have backtracked a bit on coffee and veggies. In induction, up to 2 C of coffee are "allowed". The concern is hypoglycemia or cravings that caffeine might cause. P.S. you can keep the snow!

MrsT....well....I could write a ton of words, but I'll just offer hugs. In the 'things for a reason' category, maybe it would have ended up being much more stressful for you, or your husband, or your mom, if you had all been together for the day....maybe something worse would have happened.....maybe you were meant to spend a relaxing day with your DH....maybe your absence will cause them to appreciate you more. Bottom line is, someone else was taking care of your mom, so you could focus on your DH. You know your relatives....for your own sake, try to find forgiveness and keep bitterness away. That's been a constant lesson for me to learn as well.

Well...after plotting my weight and calories on excel (in addition to cooking, i'm also addicted to my weight loss spreadsheet--i think i've convinced myself that it's a crystal ball or something....i keep staring at it...willing the graphs to slope downward....don't think that's the way it works, har), I'm going clothes shopping for my boys. Prolly return most of the items I buy for them--who says girls are easier????
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote