Old 12-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #31  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

dangerouscurvesahead - Congratulations! You are almost in onederland! I know you will get there any day now.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #32  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Joy Congrats on your whoosh!!

NEMom You can do it! I quit about 4 years ago...I went cold turkey, and I must admit, life got so much better. I was able to walk faster and smell things. One craving at a time.

Zumba There you are!!!! I am glad you like my outfit. Today I am wearing their embroidered ecru colored pants, leopard top and a jacket.... I just LOVE their stuff...makes me feel so pretty.

Guacamole
I have been having a very light TOM...don't tell me this gets worse!!!

olehcat Feel better! I hope it is not the flu that is going around.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #33  

yay!! onto my third week and still doing well..fruit for breaky and a coffee...walked around the block a couple of times with roxy girl and my bestie little di...did some pilates late yesterday arvo...boy did i feel it...they look sooo easy but heck they work muscles that i dont ordinarily use..i am aiming on doing the pilates exercises twice today...had a visitor yesterday and she stayed most of the day...so i did not get much done around the house..need to do it today then...tis going to be very hot...my friend
said it is going to hit about 39 degrees celsius...urgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!..yuck for sure!!..in between the house work i am going to do some designing...love being creative....thanks guys my doggie is beautiful i think...we found a pair of sunglasses missing their lens on a walk one day and roxy wears them when we go for a walk each morning...she looks soo adorable with them on!!..everybody comments and
smiles...she is sooo happy and loves everybody...she even puts up with nicky who hisses and spits at her.. he is my chocolate tabby point siamese...yes i take a berocca which is a multi but mainly vitamin B which dissolves in water..a vitamin D and that is about it for the vitamins! anyways guys you all have a good day!! cheers liz

mrstrying-thanks for the lovely comment about roxy...oh i have 2 kitties an old girl and a young guy!!.lol they all get along okays cept nicky the young whipper snapper annoys piper the old girl a bit and also
abusers roxy a bit!!..he forces me to put roxy outside sometimes he gets soo cranky with her...poor baby!!

sum-your shadow sounds amazing as are you for all of that walking wowee girl you are fantastic!!..yeah roxy is overweight due to my single elderly male neighbours feeding her left overs!!...sigh...mind you hubby does not help and feeds her ice blocks sometimes..i say that is not dog food stop it!!..anyhows goes in one ear and out the other..MEN!!..oh well she is going walking with me at least once a day so all is good..tis toooooooo hot here to throw the ball at the moment..she loves that!!..labs are soooo beautiful tis a pity she is soooooooo shy though..roxy is not and thinks everybody loves her..i tell her that is not always the case!!

olehcat-hey hun i am sooo sorry to hear about your cold...yes i think roxy is beautiful but then i am biased..please look after yourself and get well soon!!

zumba-yay i love leggings and long shirts...my fave things to wear...i love ts 14+ here in australia their style is me all over!!..a little pricey but i buy at sales so it is not sooo bad...google them and check it out!! you will get there hun with christmas..i still have not done anything due to a visitor
yesterday..but i plan on doing some things today!oh yah about the legging thing.. have a friend who walks with me when she can and she is a size 14 aussie and loves leggings and dresses or shirts..she loves ts 14+ too..i plan on sticking with my tops and just changing the bottoms when i get smaller!!

gauc-hey there gal i can sympathise with you over the TOM..my last was a real doozy...just think it does not last long...yeah i knows easier said than done..but hang in there....don't stress over your weight at the moment hun...just eat well and strive to feel good!!
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #34  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Liz, that page is great, you're very talented, she's beautiful!

MrsTryingAgain, Congrats on the weigh-iin! I keep a calendar, too. Everyday (just about, when I'm OP) I write my weight, what activity I did, how many ounces of water, and what I had for dinner, I can see by flipping through it where I was at the time by how full it is...pretty good right now! Thanks for the encouraging words, Tread's saw me last night and again this morning as I had a later start to stay for a meeting today.

Sum, he's a cocker spaniel mix, black and white, sometimes I say a wack-a-doodle...lol...he's much better at home, too...not perfect, but better, we have a couple neighbors who are kind of afraid of dogs, I think he senses it. He is good for exercising, though, got to get him out for a walk, no matter the weather!

Zumba, the Kindle is what make the treadmill work for me, if the weather cooperates (right now hunting season is keeping me out of the woods) I'll be outside, the little dog tried to get on with me once, I did some dancing that time, managed to stay on, I'm sure it was a sight...lol...

NEMom, I know what you mean about trying to answer ev1, I'm sure I'm missing lots, I tried posting some then editing, I still can't remember everything I want to say. As for your TMI, I have to say this, I would never have believed they would make such a difference, but I've been doing the Kegel exercises in the car on the way to work, it's been awhile, but I was having that issue with a cough or sneeze, or just having to make sure I didn't wait, and I have none of that now. Now that I've seen the difference I do them religiously, I don't want to go back...I think it helps pull your stomach in too. Best of luck with the quitting, in my humble opinion it's the best thing you can do for yourself.

Guac, I'm with you on the struggle with trying to keep in control of the eating this time of year, they have a program at work to log in your activity and weight on a weekly basis, you can win a little prize if you don't gain for the time period, it ends Jan. 13th, I think it's like 8 weeks or something, the weigh-in is a different day so it's actually helping a little, I can't believe I'm struggling this hard, for me I'm fighting this urge to just eat whatever I want. Today I did good, but it's work, I'm worth it, but man, it's work...just keep plugging!

DangerousCurves, congrats on the whoosh! It seemed like forever for me to get to onderland, each decade has it's own timeline it seems. Enjoy meeting that milestone when you get there!

Liz, I'll have to read your post after I post this, I see we posted almost at the same time! Looking forward to it!

best to all

Last edited by kelijpa; 12-03-2012 at 09:23 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #35  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

....checkin in, chickies.....

Aw cute doggies! I had lots and lots of pets growing up, but none now. Too much movin around in my adult life. Plus, DS was bitten by a neighbor's dog (on the behind) when he was a toddler and he still doesn't care for them . We should start walking the neighbors' dogs again--all the fun and none of the expense!

Wow keli--I'm not brave enough to do the weight loss thing at work. Must be nice to have a supportive group during the day!

Good OP day. Scale was up this morn ...hopefully it's related to water retention. Got my Exorcises in. I'm up to an hour of cardio, core, & balance! Even when I skip a day, I can tell I'm getting stronger and more flexible. Yay. I'm even planning on putting my largest-size slacks in the dryer! Cannot tell if the asthma is getting better yet. Will know when the weather turns frigid cold for real.

Here's to pushing that ticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(is it ticker? or tracker?......whatever)

Namaste, y'all
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Over 145 this morning!!! What the bloody Hades is going on??? I know that I havent' been eating that well but I haven't been consuming that many calories either.....this is totally insane. I am going to start logging everything I eat in fatsecret, a real pain in the bum but maybe it will FORCE me to realize what I'm eating and the shame itself will make me lose. I just can't believe that I let things get so out of control, but then again my whole life seems to be that way lately so why should my eating be any different? Sorry ladies, just needed to rant this morning. Someone needs to kick me in the behind and it might as well be me........Goal today: do my BBL workout, lots of water, my shakes.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #37  

SEEMYFEET: Your workouts sound intense!! way to go...

DANGEROUS: You'll be in Onderland soon and then we need to have a party here for you!!! What a great feeling that is going to be....you're almost there girl!!!!

LIZARD: I love how you say BREAKY, I giggle every time i read that. Never heard of 14+, you have different brands than we do. Youre also taxed more or is that not still the case?

Le'ts make this a good day y'all..
Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #38  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning

It feels like spring here in Michigan. Unfortunately I haven't had time to enjoy it; I have been cleaning and organizing my house... it was officially listed last night. Woohoo! Looks like that we may be moving to Colorado. Hubby travels for work and it does not matter to him where we live. I am ready for a new adventure.

Scale is not coming down as fast as I would like to see, as a matter of fact it has stagnated. Like Zumba I need to see what I am eating wrong....
This week will be a challenge. I am meeting a gf for drinks and dinner; Friday we are celebrating DD's 18th bday at a steak house and Saturday I have a formal to go to...eat, eat and EAT more 'Tis the season.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Hi, all!

Ugh, I was wretchedly sick all day yesterday (thanks for your good wishes!) and I felt silly because I went to work and then my grad level class because I had to turn in my final project for the semester, and really, I should have stayed home yesterday. I get annoyed when other people go to work and school when they are sick, so I don't know why I did it. I only consumed about 1100 calories because I just didn't feel well at all and had little appetite, but still my weight is hovering at 144.4 this morning. I don't get it! Maybe you retain water when you're sick? For some reason I always bloat up when I get sick.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning and I am really not wanting to be weighed there. I know you can refuse to be weighed, but I always chicken out. I don't want to get a nasty shock and see a number that's even higher (usually my scale IS pretty good about aligning well with doctor's scales, but you never know). Maybe I'll just close my eyes.

Sum38 - it was about 70 here, too, yesterday and I couldn't enjoy it all because I was sick and also at work and in class all day.

zumbachica - I feel your pain. I do NOT understand why I am not under 143 again right now. Why why why am I still weighing around 144? UGH!

Is anyone here a cat person? I have 1 very spoiled lynx point siamese cat (gorgeous cat, very clingy). I may be getting a second cat this weekend from a friend of my mom's who wants to get rid of him.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #40  

OLEHCAT: I don't have a cat because husband was always allergice (so he claims) but I'm sure if Ihad one it would be spoiled rotten. Siamese are a beautiful breed. Don't go by the doctor's scale, they are usually wrong....you should go by the scale that you use regularly. Plus at the doctors office you usually have clothes on when they weigh you and it can be at the end of the day. I don't pay attention to the doctor's scale......hope you're feeling better and YEAH, you should stay home when you're not feeling well.....

SUM: read about your move on FB.....what an ordeal moving is! How exciting that you can move wherever you want. Why Colorado? I hope it isn't because of the new law...(puff puff...hee hee hee...just kidding)..

I plan on cleaning all day tomorrow and catching up on "work"..I need to take out some of the Christmas "junk" ( i don't call it decorations)......

ANYTHING to keep me from eating!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #41  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hi, all. Sorry for all those feeling under the weather. Stay strong to all of us faced with holiday party food! I myself was at a dessert buffet last night! Had a few goodies, but not as bad as it could have been. I went for a 2 mile walk this morning and I also stepped on the scale to the tune of 151 - 2 lbs lighter than my last Friday weigh-in, but it could be water weight fluctuation. I'm keeping my head out of the clouds and NOT giving myself permission to eat extra because I've "earned" it.

Have a great day today, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning ladies!

It looks like we need to start the Roxy Fan Club here! What a cutie, and you are so kind to bring Roxy into your home and make it a safe place for her to live out her days. We have a Chihuahua mix that we got from the Humane Society. He had been mistreated for the first 6 years of his life at a puppy mill. When we got him we thought that, over time, he would relax and become less scarred of EVERYTHING. Sadly, that hasn't been the case. He is a perfectly normal dog around DH and I but is still terrified of strangers, sudden movements and loud noises of any kind. He also FREAKS out anytime a strange man with a hat comes near him. We theorize that he must have been mistreated by someone wearing a baseball cap. What kind of loser is cruel to Chihuahuas??

Anyhow, lost of rain out west here. Normal for this time of year. Picked up a few days of work this week so I am trying to plan my lunches today so that I can stay on plan. Wish me luck

Best of luck to all of you! Love being part of this community
syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Popping for just a few mins. before I have to get ready for work. I'll hope to write more & check postings when I get home tonight....
Hope all are doing well. BE HEALTHY! If you need a little kick or push, let me know. I'll get my combat boots on!
H has a drs. appt. this afternoon. I really hope it goes well. I'm a little nervous, mostly cause H won't be "blunt" with the dr. Tell him what's working, what's not & other issues. I love him, but he can make me crazy....well, more crazy! I'm sure any of you who have a spouse or kids know what I mean.

Personal question: Who here has gone through menopause? I think I might be...I thought I was having my TOM after a month's absence (I didn't miss it) of October. I thought it was stress from H's health issues & stuff. I spotted for like 2 days...(Sat & Sun.) and nothing yesterday or today. Could it be? I'm 48, overweight (currently about 90 lbs), no kids, generally good health & working a part-time, busy (somewhat stressful) jobb. My mom/aunts/sisters went through the change at about this age. I know I need to get a complete physical...hoping to give myself that for Christmas. Any input would be awesome. I know you guys are drs, but maybe some of you have been through it & know the signs. Thanks!

Hate to post & run, but work calls...again. Have a great day everyone! Cyber hugs!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #44  

Nicky

hi there guys..did some pilates last night..spent most of yesterday in pain though so i have decided to do the exercises once a day for this week and then up it to twice a day next monday..been for my walkie around the bend!!...sometimes i feel like i am going round the bend...i have a good friend who walks with me when she can..she is a little overweight not much and then my hubby goes with me and roxy after dark..too darned hot to go any other time...had a nice banana smoothie for breaky...will follow that when i feel peckish with a coffee...probably some steamed vege for lunch and salad for evening meal...i cooked myself some sweet poatoe in the microwave last night...did not eat it all..think i only had one mouthful.. funnee how your taste changes over time...did not want it!!..lol..lol..lol..gotta go out later...running out of apples...need to buy some chicken thigh skinless fillets and some no sugar gum too..oh darn forgot to give my friend that wombok cabbage for her chooks..have not felt like eating the cabbage so it has
gone bad in the fridge...oh well i hate that but can't be helped..i am not going to eat anything i don't want to!!..going to be hot again today...sigh...i feat it is going to be one HOT summer here!!..enjoy the cool or cold guys!!..have a good day! Cheers liz

kelipa-thanks soo much for the lovely comment...i think roxys beautiful too!!..everyone seems to love her!! oh i agree roxy is part of my motivation to walk!..she needs as much as i do!!...this is how i do my posts- i open up a notepad and then read everything and type a response to each person then i cut and paste! Oh wow yes this is very hard...i am constantly stopping myself and thinking no you don't need that make a better choice!! oh sorry about my posts i tend to get a bit long winded!!

see-whooooooooot what good news about your exorcising (love that word i might just have to pinch it)...i only wish i could exorcise for that long!!..i have asthma too and so far so good it has not hindered me (god knows i have enough to deal with otherwise) so i can sympathise with you..i have had it all my life and it is triggered by allergies mainly!!..asthma tis another reason i need to do the pool thing!!

zumba-oh sweet that must be disheartening for sure...hang in there hun...do a bit of jiggling with the food and i am sure things will move again..you certainly are doing the right thing with the exercise bit!!...it must be frustrating..i suppose that is one reason why i am not weighing myself!!..yeah i think we do get taxed more...but not sure on that though...just soo used to it we don't even notice!! oh yeah hun i am allergic to cats too but i think over the years i have beaten it due to becoming desensitized!

sum-as with zumba this must be frustrating for you!!..all i can say is hang in there you will do it..oh and boy do i not envy you all that temptation...yeps tis the season for sure...enjoy yourself though you deserve it!!..you look amazing!!

olehcat-oooooooooh yours must be similar to my nicky...we call them tabby points here...he is a chocolate tabby point siamese...and he is very clingy too and an absolute sook..i think male cats are more sooks than females..i will post a pic of him if you like...i think having 2 kitties is the best thing cause they keep each other company (even if they blu a bit)..sorry aussie slang i mean fight a bit..lol..lol..lol good luck at the doctors appointment..i sooo hope you feel better and soon...hope all goes well!!

gauc-stay strong hun you are doing fantastic..good that you did okays with the desserts!! congrats on the loss too..good to see!

synde-i sooo am envious of your rain..wish it would rain here..i love the rain..i think i was a duck in a past life..wow chihuahuas are one of my fave dogs..i soo love them..it is good that he is fine around you guys..he must of been soo traumatised poor little bloke...give him lots of love and kisses and he
will be fine...not all doggies need to be socialised..little ones like yours is happiest at home!!..sounds like you will be fine at work!!

mrs-men yeah i hear ya...mine snores and i know he has sleep apnoea..i was just recently diagnosed and i have a cpap machine..i feel amazing after using it..wish he would see the sleep tech too!!..but no it will have to wait...sorry i cannot help you with the menopause question..but i am not looking forward to it!!..lol..lol...having no periods yes!!..the other hormonal things no!!

oh something funny hilarious just happened..i just sat on the toilet with my pants still pulled up..DUH!!

Last edited by lizarddau; 12-04-2012 at 06:14 PM.
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #45  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hey Liz, thanks for the laugh! lol

SeeMyFeet, the thing at work is online, so I log in my exercise, weight, etc. and it gives you points for different things, but I don't know who else might be doing it, it is helping just having another place to be accountable. I did Ww at work at my old job, it was pretty good, once you get past letting people know you're doing something they are pretty supportive.

So, I started tracking my food as well, I felt I needed to take a good look at what's going in, I have some old trackers from WW so I'm using them. I think it'll help.

It was a great day, 60+ here, I got to take my walk outside today, that was great!!

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote