Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi everybody! I hope everyone had happy holidays and you are all doing well.....I haven't been on but I haven't given up. It has been a difficult Christmas, but i'm making the best out of it......I have been too afraid to get on a scale but I know that none of my pants fit me..its just awful. I started Atkins and so far so good. It should be easy to stick to because I won't be going out, and i'll be home on New Years eve. I can't wait for the new year and to start fresh and new. it has been an awful year.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Good morning all!

It's STILL SNOWING!!! sheesh! I slept in this morning and now trying to get motivated. I have used this whole holiday season as an excuse to go completely off track. And I feel horrible.

So I went to the goal forum and read some of the amazing stories and saw some absolutely incredible transformational pictures!! Truly inspired me So the first order of business today - 30 minutes on the treadmill - I'll use the time running to plan the rest of my day - but I am exercising FIRST.

I'm definitely going to make this day a great one - and working out to kick it off will be a good start!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #303  

Sum - I got a "trim hoop" - it's 3 pounds - I haven't tried it yet - think I'll put it together today and give it a "whirl"! I found it on Amazon - I don't think it was very expensive - and my belly is definitely my problem area!! (well one of them...LOL)
Old 12-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #304  

Just ran 5K.

Amazing how much better I feel after I workout! WOW! All it takes is for me to get on the treadmill and start moving then I settle into my run and I'm good. It's the first 5 minutes that's the hardest part isn't it?

Haven't tried the hula hoop yet...now I'll run into the office for a minute - then come home and start cleaning (same thing - getting started and the first 5 minutes are the hardest...LOL)

I also want to go to Office Max and pick up a 2013 wall calendar. I have to say that I'm going to keep my 2012 one forever....I tracked going from 183 on April 1st all the way down to my current 143 (weighed in today again - must have been water weight or a fluke earlier this week ). I tracked my walking for only 10 minutes in April up to running my first 5K race....then a second one....to starting kickboxing again....it really has been a successful year! My 2012 calendar is one of my most prized possessions.

I didn't hit my goal weight yet - but will track it and achieve it by Valentine's Day. 2013 is going to be a FANTASTIC year too!!!!

Funny tho - I was reading on the goal forum someone who said that "maintaining" wasn't as fun as losing weight...I am actually nervous about that. I know - that would definitely not be a bad problem to have, but my whole world revolves around losing weight right now - - guess I'll have to just focus on improving my run time after I hit goal! Oh - and hula hooping....
Old 12-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Sheila--I'm glad you relaxed today. I think if you could put relaxing on your to-do list, you would feel better about it. For me, vacations are all about balance. I find that it feels great to get stuff done, but I've also got to recharge my batteries too. Do keep that 2012 calendar! That's great you tracked your loss like that to show how far you've come. I totally get what you said about maintenance. I think we will just have to keep shifting our goals to keep up focused once we hit our goal weight.

Zumba--New and fresh for 2013! That's a great mind set.

Sum and MrsTryingAgain--May TOM 's visit be short for you!

Kelijpa--Snowshoeing sounds like fun. That's great your DH does it with you. You are so fortunate to have the holiday goodies eaten or put away. They are still lurking around my house calling out my name. Lol!

-----------
After being at my in-laws house and being most a week into my diet break, I stepped on the scale yesterday when I got home. Fully clothed, the result was (surprisingly)--not bad! When I weighed this morning, I discovered I am at a new low 148.7. This is the result of a diet break? I'll take it!

Yesterday, I also tore into a linen closet cleaning project that was sorely overdue. For at least a year, the only way to close the closet was with a full body check. Now, the door closes nicely with a normal push. . Today, my plan is to deal with my own closet. Out with the size 14's and in with the 8's!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #306  

Way to go MovingForward!!! You are inspiring me to start cleaning - -

I just came back from the office - really SO not in the mood to clean, but I know I will feel so much better if I get something done!! I'm going to get off of this PC, turn on some music, turn all the lights on on the first floor open the curtains and set my kitchen timer for 1 hour - - it always amazes me how much I can get done even in 15 minutes (sometimes I just set my timer for that long, and I end up finishing whatever cleaning I've started...I've got this "psyching myself out" thing down!! LOL)

I'm off to clean!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #307  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Afternoon all,

Tomorrow my weight lifting program begins!

We finally decided on our latest gym equipment - we bought a squat cage and 300lb olympic bar/plate set. It was a workout just carrying all the weights and stuff up two flights of stairs! Note to self: put gym on first floor if we ever build. I spent last night putting down more mats in the gym and rearranging equipment. My DH has friends over now so when they leave today we'll put the cage together and then I will be ready to rock! Bring it on NROL supercharged!

Moving: I read the NROL for Life and 3 days ago bought and read the NROL Supercharged. I bought it on my ipad so I can watch the videos of the proper form for the exercises- something I really need. The latest has a few different workouts from NROLforL, and a new focus on combo moves for extra metabolic effect and very little on nutrition. Just a brief blip about doing what works for you, recommends 40/40/20 macros - which I already do. They break the exercise plan down into phases - Basic Training I-IV (takes 4 weeks per phase if you don't miss any), then Hypertrophy phases, then strength and power phases. SO - the whole program takes about 10 months IF you don't repeat the BT phases. I might - all depends on how I progress through it. At first it sounded like a LONG time to me - then I realized that's probably exactly what I need. It carries me deep into maintenance so by then it will be a lifestyle.

Initially I was thinking about the Beck Diet Solution but I thumbed through it yesterday at the bookstore and decided it wasn't the one. Instead I bought Food: The Good Girl's Drug. How to stop using food to Control Your Feelings by Sunny Sea Gold. I never thought of myself as an emotional eater...turns out I was mistaken. Knowledge is power, right?

Speaking of nutrition: I started my plan 21 days ago and haven't gone over calories once. Also - haven't missed a workout.

Hope all are happy and healthy!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #308  

2FatCats - YOU ROCK!!! I'm going to have to google "squat cage" - sounds really cool!! And I'm so impressed that you have stuck to your plan throughout the holidays!!!

I just finished cleaning the first floor and pulled up all of the Valentine's decorations - I have a couple of hours left then I'm done for the day. Just taking a break for now...my decorating thing is a bit extreme and takes awhile...I'll put everything up - then over the next couple of days move it around until it feels right. LOL Now all I need for Valentine's Day is to hit my goal weight and find "Mr. Almost Right"!!! Funny, I wouldn't go to all this trouble and thought my kids wouldn't care if I didn't decorate for every holiday - - but as soon as I mention I might not do it they both get this incredibly disappointed look on their faces - - so yep - I keep doing it. LOL By the time I'm done my house will look like a Hallmark store.

I always set multiple "resolutions" throughout the year - but somehow the beginning of a new year seems bigger...lol - so I've been giving it a lot of thought - especially knowing I'm going to hit my goal weight by Valentine's day!

So in the spirit of "hula hooping", I've decided that 2013 is the "year of the abs" - - I have always had a "pooch" - - even when I was at my goal weight many years ago...so in addition to running a 10K, I'm going to build an ab routine into my life (I'm envisioning a medal around my neck by year end having won a hula hoop competition...LOL)

Are you all setting New Year's resolutions? Should we start a new thread on this?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #309  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Oh my... only 1 1/2 more days to contemplate resolutions....so far from perfection.....so many resolutions to make!!

Welcome back Zumbachicka! ---hey what happened to WB?? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on Atkins...shared mine earlier....do you get atkins flu?....does it work for you??....it's worked for me in the past, but.......today is day 6 of induction and the scale is bouncing up and down wildly! No cheats, I swear! I wish I had a crystal ball so I could know right now if this is going to be effective....'cause I'd really rather eat cardboard than stay on this regimen!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

One kick in the butt please! I can't seem to get motivated to exercise. What is my issue??? The last 2 mornings, I've been more content to hit the snooze bar, roll over & go back to sleep. UGH! I ain't gonna reach any goals this way!

My eating is still fair, maybe a little over. Water is fine. I have picked up a few sodas here & there...really don't need the sodium nor the rest of it.

I really need to kick this laziness to the curb. I think not seeing much in the way of results & then TOM showing up has really hurt my confidence & drive.

Tomorrow is the eve of 2013...I can't let myself be this unhealthy any longer. When I'm getting ready for bed, I'm going to put out my sweats, my gloves, ear bags, etc. They will be ready & waiting for me...I won't have a single excuse. I'll start the coffee brewing, leave for my walk & when I get back my treat will be a nice hot cup!

Please ladies, hold me accountable. I don't want to be unhealthy any more. I'm sooo sick & tired of being fat, unhealthy & unhappy. Keep my feet to the fire. I didn't make my goal for Christmas. I don't want to miss my next goal for Valentine's day...I have to recalculate it due to my not achieving goal #1.

I WANT TO WISH EVERYONE A VERY HEALTHY & HAPPY NEW YEAR! MAY 2013 BE A YEAR OF SOME VERY HEALTHY & FIT 40-SOMETHING LADIES!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #311  

I need to get to work..will write to you all later.....
Old 12-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #312  

Good morning and Happy New Year's Eve!!!

Well - last day of 2012 - and I'm ready for 2013. Today will be productive - I'm going to tackle three areas - my laundry room , the hall closet, and my exercise room . I'm not really looking forward to doing any of it, but I know I'll feel better when it's done. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm ready to go back to work - this staying home every day isn't working for me anymore - - definitely tells me I need a better social life - when I don't have the kids I get bored and either shop or eat (trying to replace those habits with exercise and organize..lol)

Tonight my kickboxing instructors are having a New Year's Eve party - I have mixed feelings about going. I hate to be out on the roads on New Year's Eve, I would like to enjoy wine - but will NOT drink and drive, and last - I'm single and I know there will be mostly couples at this party. So I'm leaning towards going over for just a little bit then coming back home. Or maybe I'll just stay home, light a fire, and make like "Bridget Jones"...LOL

MrsTryingAgain - post us after your walk this morning!!! You can do it! I have to say though - I am feeling the same way you are! I'm still in bed under the covers! Must be the cold weather...lol. You can do this!!

I have to run to the grocery store this morning - tomorrow is day 1 of 2013 and I need to set myself up for success!!! The first few days are always the hardest - and it would be much easier if my kids were with me... How bad is it that I'm already starting to rationalize in my head pushing off my "start date" to next Monday?!? What is wrong with me??? I'm not going to do it though - I either want this, or I don't - and it's MY CHOICE to live a healthier more energetic and happy life!! Only 6 weeks until Valentine's day - I can do this!!

:sigh: I have to get out of this bed and start moving....
Old 12-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #313  

SHEILA I am tackling some areas also! I want to go into the New Year with a clean house, it should be a tradition. Today I am going to weed stuff out from closet, bedroom drawers, do the hall closet and my bathroom. Other rooms are pretty much done but something about my bedroon area it is always a MESS....I hear you about eating when the kids are not around. Being single is new to me, and being single and not having kids around is just so wierd and I am trying not to turn to food for comfort. I'm not in the mood to go out tonight either, and plan on staying home in my pajamas and fuzzy socks...Bridget Jones it is...LOL...

MRSTRYING I will hold you accountable if you do the same for me. You need to make that waking up to exercise a HABIT and it takes time to do that....it isn't easy to do that in the beginning until it becomes habit. I joined a 24 hour gym so that I can get in the habit of weight lifting, and so far I have only been there once....its ridiculous that I help other people get into shape but i can't do it for myself. SO lets do this!

SEEMYFEET I got this Atkins thing down pat because I have been doing it on and off for years. Girl I can teach you all the tricks. If you start feeling really foggy and weak and shakey it means your potassium is off, have a cup of broth...I use those boullion cubes. Yes, it is salty but that is what you need to get the balance correctly. Another problems with Atkins is crappy goat breath...drink a lot of water and carry mints...Constipation is an issue also so make muffins out of flax meal..Muffin in a Minute they are called...I haven't been serious about my Atkins but will be starting today. Not having a social life should help me to stick to it..LOL....Any other questions let me knwo or private message me.

SHEILA Good for you for decorating for Valentines Day. I had an Aunt that decorated for every holiday, right down to the soap in the guest bathroom!! LOL!! She was out of control but I would love to go there and the kids always got a kick out of it when they were little. One Christmas she hung Christmas balls from the ceiling with masking tape so you walked in and felt like christmas balls were hanging from the sky...I think decorating for V Day would depresss me a bit now that i'm alone but I"m tempted now that I read your post. I have one of those hoola hoops , i should go in the garage and dig it out...it truy does work your abs, especially obliques.

2FATCATS I am interested in the NROL..I have the book and read it once but found it to be confusing, maybe the videos will help?

KELIJPA Shout out! Good for you for hiking in snow...I love it....we just don't have decent trails here and our property is just bare and FLAT.

SUM how is your move going? Bloat is awful...pop a diurex and drink a ton of water...

Don't see Guac around or NE MOM but I haven't been around for a while....
Old 12-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #314  

Well I weighed myself this morning and i"m pretty much what I was before Christmas. Not that that is a good thing becuase I was at my highest weight in years then...I'm going to go on Atkins again because that is the only thing that I can say works for me. It isn't fun, the feeling of ketosis is crappy until you get used to it and then get past the induction period. I need a jump start so I'll be doing this, and then after two week eat more the way that I would on the BFC plan. My goal is that a low carb way of eating becomes my lifestyle once again, and I get my body fat percentage down so that exercise will actually look like its making changes in my body. Adding weight training is not an option anymore.

I'll be sitting around tonight making up resolutions and reflecting on the past year. It has not been an easy year...but I survived it..I will continue to survive......I have let some people go that weren't really adding anything positive to my life.

I want to wish everyone here a healthy and Happy new Year. Let's reach our goals in 2013!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #315  

Snow coming down consistently - roads are covered...just solidified my decision not to go out tonight - it's one thing to drive on New Years Eve - another all together to do it in hazard road conditions! I am so glad my kids are both staying home with their Dad this evening ...

As for me - just sitting here watching the snow and a movie - will take a nap in awhile so I can be up to watch the ball drop. LOL (actually I'll probably just go to bed)...

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe New Year celebration! Whoever is up first, please start our 2013 January chat thread!