Old 12-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Well the "flame sensor" was shot - but I now have HEAT!!! ($75 later...)

Had to shift to "plan B" on my workout....just got off the treadmill - ran 5K so I feel better.

kelijpa - you have DUCKS? HOW COOL!!!! Enjoy going outside to walk your puppy!

I'm getting ready to throw on a ball cap and run my errands...have to go get a Honeybaked Ham for the kids - then run to CVS (stocking stuffers), then the grocery store and the hardware store - the furnace guy told me I needed a new filter too....

The house is pretty clean - needs about 30 minutes more "attention" which I will do this afternoon before the kids come over. I'm really excited - they are MINE for Xmas!!!! This is the first Christmas since the divorce that I've had them spend the night on Xmas eve and wake up here Xmas morning!! (7 YEARS!) - - I can't wait!!! I really want to make it special for them.

The good news - I am baking cut out cookies and fudge this afternoon - God blessed me with many things, but one great one is that I really don't care for sweets! So it won't be a challenge for me...now put a bag of potato chips and a tub of chip dip in front of me and I'm like a ravenous wild dog....LOL

My daughter is having 5 friends over for a slumber party tonight - I'm trying to think about what I want to make them for breakfast - something special...am going to look through my breakfast casserole recipes to see what I can find...I'm also going to buy and cut up some fresh strawberries...(feather in the healthy food! )

Okay - well, I'm off!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Sheila: I can feel your excitement reading your post....its great!! I have my kids also on christmas even and christmas morning..then they leave around noon and i"ll be alone but alteast I'll have them earlier in the day..thinking of making a special christmas breakfast but i'm not sure what.....have to think about that today....

KELIJ: Good for you for getting that workout in and making that priority.there is ALWAYS going to be something that you need to do that can be an excuse not to work out...two hours..WOW..as a fitness instructor I will say that I am surely impressed.

LIZARD: That cartoon gave me a chuckle..I like that idea for a bit of bread, I have almond meal I think and I should try that......I also have a recipe somewhere for a muffin in a minute that is made with flax meal....not a real muffin but super low carb and with cream cheese or butter is super good.

MRSTRYING: happy to hear that progress is being made with the paperwork.....what a relief..
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #228  

Another "mid-course correction" - I was out running my errands - FAMISHED!!! Almost went through McDonnalds and ordered a Fillet of Fish sandwich - instead, I finished my grocery shopping - bought sprouted grain english muffins (Ezekiel), Boca veggie chicken patties and just made myself a wonderful sandwich at home! Not fried, high fiber, low fat - and I added a slice of veggie cheese and a dollop of "veganaise"

I definitely consider THAT ONE a success! The old me would have rationalized the fried fish sandwich...LOL

Just ran both on Calorie King - McDonnalds choice 18g of fat (my choice 9.5g), 40mg cholesterol (mine 0mg) and mine had 22g of protein and McDonalds only 16!

WOO HOO!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #229  

Sheila, making that sandwich was definitely an accomplishment!

Well last night i was practically in tears trying on outfit after outfit and nothing fit....i was besides myself...a lot of these things were new clothes i haven't worn yet or things I haven't worn since last winter. it was so upsetting...good thing I had a pair of tights and a bit stretch tunic thing that I bought recently to help me get through this phase..and I so hope its just a phase! Went out and after a glass of wine calmed down enough to have a great time. Scale isn't too horrible today, atleast I didn't gain any more weight....Going to the gym tonight.....

hang in there everybody...just a few more days until Christmas and then we can all get back on the wagon hard core! WE GOT THIS!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #230  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Well....yesterday I felt better and better....changed out the toothbrush and laundered sheets, blankets, pillowcases, and started cooking for me and the family.....trying so hard to get my brain out of this lazy/funky mood....then BAM, Auntie Flo pays her visit....I wish that forgetful old crone would just leave me alone!....har har....at least I didn't have Pms....but this brain fog is just sucking the life out of me.....first getting sick...now TOM....I just am not in the mood for holidays...still don't have all my shopping done...

You guys keep talking about bread...I've been enjoying experimenting with bread recipes in my breadmaker....trying "low carb" versions; however, I don't see any way around carbs with bread/pasta...smaller portions is it.....and I likes me bread/butter/honey too....I'm experimenting with a recipe for skinny pie crust for quiche that has ~3Tbs flour for a 13in rectangular baking pan....my boys love quiche!....and it's a great way to use up last bits of veggies/herbs.

well....I should be in good shape to start an exorcise routine again today....not sure if I'm up to 2 hrs tho.....Ugh...I used to envision a happier, skinnier me....I'm just not seeing it these days....will I ever ever get there ?????? Am I just kidding myself???????
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #231  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Zumba...I feel your pain...I just bought a new dress for xmas (from whbm...where else...lol) I bought a medium but I could have gone with the large one. -- Why am I doing this to myself.... I feel yucky and gross!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #232  

Sum38 & Zumba - I know your feeling!!! Just think of this as a time of transition - actually, it's good to feel that feeling - you will appreciate when those clothes start feeling LOOSE!!! And Zumba - when I got divorced, that's when I GAINED 40 pounds.....don't make the same mistake I did...you are MUCH more aware which puts you WAY AHEAD of where I was!!!! Find an outlet in something other than food - - as a fitness instructor, you can take all of your stress and emotions out in class!!!

SeeMyFeet - Don't lose that vision!!!! In fact, I bought a corkboard and stuck it on my closet door - I pin inspirational quotes, pictures of women out of fitness magazines working out, old pictures of me at my best weight...NEVER lose that vision!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! And google "crustless quiche" recipes - there are some great ones out there! I've also seen some with a brown rice crust! :-)

My daughter is here preparing for her girlfriend Christmas party - it's cute - we made party favors out of santa socks stuffed with lip balm, nail polish, sugar-free gum, a few pieces of candy, mechanical pencils and candy canes - now she is baking cookies in the kitchen - - I LOVE having the kids home!!!

My son is still at his Dad's house - Dad will drop him off in a little bit - he's my buddy - so while the girls do their "thing" and watch movies in the basement, my son and I will watch a Christmas movie upstairs

Hopefully the snow doesn't melt - it's not supposed to snow again, but this has really got us in the mood for Christmas!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday evening!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #233  

.....well.....after that walk around the block with TH, I'm expecting a call from the health dept....I'm sure the neighbors think i have tuberculosis.....lawdy....I thought i was getting better....

NEmom....I'm hoping your cig withdrawal is going well......diminished lung capacity is a drag.....so to speak.....we're still rootin' for ya......big time.....
Old 12-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

SeeMyFeet--Get better quick! Sometimes these coughs just linger. So annoying.

Sheila--Enjoy those kids! It sounds like you've got a lot going on with them. Good memories!

Zumba--I've been there trying on the outfits and nothing fits. Keep your chin up and know that this, too, shall pass.

Sum38--Send the dress back. Obviously, they made it too small. . No, seriously, I'm sorry about that. You are brave to buy clothes online without trying them on first. I just know that when I take things into a fitting room it is always a crapshoot.

----------------
The scale moved an eensy bit downward for me within the past few days, which suggests I will get past the plateau I've been on. Meanwhile, I've decided to take a huge leap of faith and take a two week diet break, with moderation. I think my metabolism and weight loss hormones need to be re-set. Not to mention the psychological perk of being able to relax a little for the holidays! I just hope that I don't lose ground and gain. This is a huge leap of faith for me.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #235  

......had a whoosh!....had a whoosh!...
......and I'm doin the fanDANGgo!....

my daily weigh-in curves look like a slinky going down the stairs....I'm pushing that ticker down, but the weigh-in numbers will start going up the rainbow again...long as I know they'll slide back down soon....

....still coughing.....HEY....cross fingers....we're going to look at a used car....a 'too good to be true' story....prolly is....
Old 12-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #236  

SeeMyFeet - I hope the car worked out for you!!! Let us know! And I absolutely LOVE the "Woosh!" LOL

Today was a day of total relaxation - unfortunately, too much eating not enough moving - I didn't even run today - - tomorrow will be different!!!

SO feeling like a fat pig...I've been sitting on this couch watching TV and eating all day!!! (sigh) - tomorrow is a new day - I am SO ready for the holidays to be over! I have psychologically used this time as an excuse - completely stupid, but true...(sigh)

Anyway - tomorrow we will run some errands - then I will RUN a 5K on the treadmill - and I am going to eat clean during the day - we have a big Xmas eve party we are going to tomorrow night....

Still a little wrapping to do, but I'll make it happen tomorrow.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #237  

ok.....i've been completely delirious...tomorrow is Christmas Eve??!!?!!??! How did that happen?? Yes, I will be one of those fools shopping tomorrow!

Well...the used car was really a super-de-dooper good deal...nice family selling it.....but unfortunately, wouldn't work for my family.....good time to be a friend of mine in town right now!! I'm passing on that juicy tidbit of info!!

After coughing for five days to the point of throwing up and exhaustion, I dragged myself into a clinic...got me some good antibiotics and inhaler....my poor lungs!....anyway....finally on track to feeling better...Hey!...They asked my weight...and I told the truth, followed by "but that's ok, because I'm losing"...(I've been known to avoid the scale at the drs office.)..

Shiela---you think YOU feel like a fat pig??? with all your running around??? I feel like a fat, brainless pig....(remember the Far Side's "Boneless Chicken Ranch"?.....I'm the pig version of that.)...I haven't accomplished much these few days....trying to think of it as a vacation, but I know better.

Love and Happiness, all.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #238  

Hey everyone....

made it to the gym last night...lifted weights on the circuit and did six miles on the bike....it felt soo good to be back in the gym for me....i love zumba but my body really needed some resistance training.....

today i woke up sad...not sure why but i stayed in bed most of the day feeling weepy......guess the reality of my life and the holidays is coming to a head....i've been living in a fantasy world thinking that this divorce was going to make my life better....i'm feeling worse....freedom comes with a price....

going to wake up early tomorrow and go food shopping, get new tires on the truck and then will probably cook for the rest of the day or take the kids out for christmas eve dinner....christmas morning i'll be with the kids, will make a big breakfast....when they go off with their Dad I will be going to dinner with two other ladies in the same boat with me..we are going out for a fancy dinner.....I was going to stay home alone but i think i'm going to take these ladies up on their offer.

Thiings are what they are......on a happy note the scale is down a bit..pobably because i didn't eat much today and yesterday I stuck to low carb.

take care everybody...
Old 12-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Okay, I feel like I'm off-track. I don't know why. I've been trying, but the scale seems to be stuck. I know the last time I did this...I lost weight regularly & steadily. I seem to be going NOWHERE fast. My goal for Christmas is a no go. I honestly thought that giving myself 12 weeks would be ample for 25 lb loss. Nope, I'm stuck & have been for weeks.
I don't know...menopause (which I really think I'm going through--3 months no TOM), stress of work & H's health. I find it hard not to just throw in the towel & say, "I guess I'm meant to be this way." I know that's not true, but late at night that thought creeps around in my brain.
UGH!!! I guess tomorrow I just HAVE to kick myself in the butt!!! I AM WORTH IT! I CAN DO IT! I HAVE TO DO IT! I guess I have to change up my exercise routine...I love my walking but I'm beginning to wonder if it's enough.
I think the holidays have finally slapped me. I thought I was "above it". I'm not! I'm human! I want my family! I want time with them! My brain knows that ain't gonna happen, my heart? Not so much. I guess what bugs me the most is that the bulk of my family is just 30 mins. away, but they may as well be in another country. This is NOT what I had in mind for H & myself when we married...
Sorry for being such a downer. I just have to kick this all to the curb & re-set my thought pattern. My hubby loves me, my mom loves me, my dad loved me & my cat loves me. I need to learn to be happy with what is, cause there are things I can't change. I need to keep St. Francis of Assisi's words (Serenity Prayer) in my head, at least for awhile.....it's helped me in the past.

Okay...
EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE & HAPPY HOLIDAY! ENJOY YOUR TIME CELEBRATING WHAT IS MOST SPECIAL TO YOU! Try to be healthy as you can. When you return WE'LL MARCH INTO 2013 HEALTHIER, STRONGER & FITTER 40-SOMETHINGS! WE WILL ROCK THE COMING YEAR!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #240  

MrsTryingAgain - I know your feeling about family - my brother his wife and three kids live less than a 15 minute drive away and we never see each other. I try - but it's like pulling teeth....You've actually inspired me - I'm giving him a call today to see if they want to meet somewhere for lunch sometime this week or come over to the house. If he says "we've got plans" (the standard line) - then so be it. Funny you mention the serenity prayer - I have a big year coming up work wise - and as a Christmas gift to myself I just ordered a necklace with that inscribed on the back! And we love you too!!!!

Zumbachica - You are doing AWESOME. Lo-carb and going to the gym the weekend before Xmas?!? With all of the change you are going through, I think you are doing great! I found with my own divorce I had a lot of mixed emotions - it's a roller coaster... and by "definition" a "major life stressor" because of the magnitude of the change. Kudos to you for going out with your girlfriends on Xmas day!!! It's a process - and you're working through it!!!

SeeMyFeet - "boneless chicken ranch" - YOU CRACK ME UP!!! LOL I am SO glad you got meds to make you feel better!!!!! LOL - and you're shopping on Xmas EVE?!? LOL!!! Enjoy the craziness!! Honestly the kids and I are going to go out just to be a part of the madness!! LOL - no shopping to do, just want to experience it!

So - this morning my daughter has a doctors appointment - poor thing getting her eyes dilated on Xmas Eve! Then we will grab some lunch (Chipotle - she loves it and I will have a "naked burritto" of black beans, fresh salsa on top of a little brown rice - okay, I'll add just a dollop of guacomole ) - we will come home, let her eyes re-adjust, then go out to shop...(we're just going to pop into Walmart)...when we are home I'm going to make cheesy potato soup for the kids (I use 2% milk and 2% Velveeta - I try to make it as healthy as I can and the kids LOVE it!) - and I'm also going to make myself some minestrone soup with some high fiber pasta - they have this new pasta now - high fiber, looks like regular white pasta and doesn't taste like cardboard!! That way I can have some before we go to our Xmas eve party at 6.

Well - my PC is about to die - I forgot to plug it in to charge last night - I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!