Old 12-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #256  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello and hugs to everyone!

I see so many emotions here surrounding the holidays. Holidays can be the best and worst of times.

I went over my food logs for the past few weeks, and am really not happy. So many treats and carbs, not enough healthy vegetables and fruits. I also have the tendency to track my food until dinner, and then stop tracking. Some of my entries have calories for breakfast and lunch totaling between 800-1200, and then the dinner portion is left blank - not because I didn't eat a large dinner but because I didn't log it. I know I have been eating between 1800-2200 calories per day at least 4-5 days per week. Probably for the last month or so at least. Of course I am not losing! I need to get a grip and start tracking my food more accurately and portioning out my calories more evenly so that I don't use them all before dinner. So far so good today. Let's see if I can get this runaway train back on track!

Good luck today, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #257  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

I need me some of this magic dust. Atkins is soooooo HARD!!! (I hate being told what I can or cannot do!)

Here's some for you guys:

SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #258  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Afternoon All,

Has anyone read the book by Judith Beck? The Beck diet solution? A preliminary look into the Beck way seems to be all about how you think about food and how to 'think like a thin person'. I found it through 3FC search and I think I will order it. No library within 3 counties has it and the closest bookstore is 98 miles away. *Sigh*

I know how I should eat, how to exercise, how to lose weight, etc. I'm actually VERY good at it (done it so many many times). Apparently, though, I don't know how to keep it off. Maintenance is my nemesis. SO - I need to change the way I think about food. Not just while I am 'dieting' but forever. I tend to beat myself up for failures (whether real or perceived) but not reward myself for successes - that's about to change! Go ME!

to all!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

3FatCats: Do what I do when it comes to books. Buy online. Check out eBay! I just looked it up & it could be in your hands for about $7, probably by the end of the week beginning of next! I haven't bought a book from a bookstore in 2 yrs since my favorite used bookstore owners retired, closed their doors & moved away.

SeeMyFeet: Thanks for powdering of Will Power Dust! I'll be sure to put it to very good use & not be stingy with it! You're right I can't be bitter. However I am hurt. It feels like we've been pushed away & not told why. They have made it clear in the past that they feel I could've married better...frankly, that's none of their business! And who are they to judge? H is a good man with a heart of gold who'd do anything for anyone. Sure, it would be nice if he was wealthy or highly educated, but I've seen many unhappy people who are wealthy/educated. I've just learned to accept that it's part of our family dynamic. So I cry, get it out of my system, pick myself up & move on. As long as Mom is being taken care of, loved & cherished...that is what is important in her remaining years.

3Sheila: Enjoy the snow! Be careful out there shoveling! Don't overdo it, be careful where you step & enjoy it! Let me know when it's time for soup! I love soup! NUM! NUM! NUM! Don't give up on your brother. My brothers may not know it, but my door is always open & I will always answer if they want to call. I hold no ill will towards them cause in the end...they are my big brothers! Not only ag-wise, but height-wise 5'11" all the way up to 6'5"!

Gotta go for my walk. Work this afternoon. UGH! Oh, well. Took H in for a blood test today to check his med levels. If all the paperwork gets approved he'll go in for his monitor in a week or 2, depending when/if he's approved.

HAVE A GOOD DAY! BE HEALTHY! GEAR UP FOR A HEALTHY 2013!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

The snow let up for a bit and I went out and shoveled about 3-4 inches off the driveway! And so glad I did! It's really coming down heavy now!!

Cheesy potato soup for the kids and minestrone for me! The Minestrone turned into a "goulash"...LOL not enough broth and the elbow macaroni soaked up all the juice! But it's a high fiber macaroni, and I used veggie crumbles - so it's all good!

Put our Honeybaked ham in the oven to heat up...can't believe how hard the snow is coming down! WOW! I'm going to finish this post, do a little on line after-Xmas shopping (surfing), and then lay down for a nice winter nap!!! Then get up and shovel again...LOL.
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #261  

2nd shoveling DONE! Snowing hard again - sheesh! I know though that I have to keep up with it or it will be too heavy to deal with! Almost nap time - then I'll shovel again - I'm considering this my workout for the day...LOL

Disappointing after Xmas online shopping....the good news is I'm not buying anything! LOL

It is SO beautiful outside! I love it!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #262  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I had horrid week...scale jumped from 154.5 to 158.5

So ladies I am back No more excuses.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #263  

Sum38 - I can't even step on the scale - too afraid. Kudos to you for being brave and facing the music!!!!!

I know it needs to be done though - UH!!!!

Third time shoveling - - need to shovel once more before bed....I'm hoping it helps burn off the junk I've been eating.....(sigh)

....I'm ready for 2013!!!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #264  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

I hear ya...ready for 2013....want to ACCOMPLISH much next year....ready to take down the tree and get ready for the bestest year ever!

I want an apple...I never crave apples....it's the Atkins....not sure I can do this...I was hoping for two weeks on induction...not sure I'll make it past 3 days...

I spent loads of $$$ this morning--none of it on me....but i'm sure the boys will reject half the clothing I bought for them at first sight, so I'll be taking most of it back.

Using leftover ham from yesterday for a split pea and ham soup, making more bread, and hummus.....none of which I will be eating...scrounging around for more variety...already sick of eggs and i've only had 3 the past 2 days! Gonna make it work, ladies!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

SeeMyFeet--Best of luck to you with Atkins. Like you, I hate being told what to do. Sometimes if you tell me I can't have something, I want it more--even if I might never have wanted it to begin with. Ha!

Sheila--I love that your workout has purpose. And better yet, you seem to have real enthusiasm for it. That's the best kind of exercise. Just don't overdo it.

Sum--so sorry! Your scale and mine must have both been on the naughty list. They both say bad things...

MrsTryingAgain--So sorry to hear about the family situation. I hate hate hate stuff like that!

2FatCats--Let us know what you think of the book. I'm getting pretty close to maintenance and need to study up how to do it. I'm curious if that book would be helpful.

Guacamole--You're definitely not alone. I've been faithful about logging my food since August. With the holidays, I haven't logged for several days. Come the end of my diet break, I have to get right back at it.

--------------
I've been so bummed about this plateau I've been on since early Dec. I've taken a diet break to kick start everything again. Well, today was the shopping day I've been looking forward to for months since the after Christmas sales are so good. Ladies, I was absolutely stunned to put on a pair of size 8 pants and they fit! Only about a month ago, I was elated to be buying size 10's. I have NEVER worn a single digit size as an adult. I just beamed all day long as I tried on pair after pair of size 8 pants (not to mention the small and medium tops) that fit. I spent a boatload, but I am so excited. Now, my next project is to empty my closet of all the 14's/XL's. I didn't have a particular size in mind when I started this weight loss journey and I wouldn't have believed you if you told me I would someday be a size 8. This really feels like a dream to me. I imagine myself waking up tomorrow and pinching myself as I find something to wear.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:32 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Height: 5'6"

AARRGGGHHHHHH!!!! What else can go wrong?? Seriously???? I hope the bad luck from 2012 doesn't follow me into the new year. It was my hubby's bday today and as we were leaving his bday dinner we were nearly hit by some stupid idiot who was driving so fast in the parking he had to screech his tires not to rear end us..then 2 miles down the road..well the stupid drunk idiot hit us hard...he never even braked and we were stopped at a stop light. Spent several hours in the hospital..we are ok but we are sore..so working out won't be happening in the next few days. My car is more than likely totaled and I loved my car. It was the best ever..and paid for. Supposedly he has insurance the cops check for it's validity. He had an open 12 pk in his truck. GGGRRRRRRRR....these past 4 1/2 months since my dad died has really just sucked. Luckily my husband is a very cautious driver and was watching behind us when he saw him speed up so he tried to get into the turning lane..we didn't make it but the move made it so we didn't plow into the car in front of us. We flew at least 20 feet down the road from where my bumper pieces were to where we stopped. I am so sore right now..had pain meds when I got to the ER because Iw as shaking so badly..and I had a panic attack. There was a news story in our area about a fire chief who died yesterday from falling off a ladder on his head and it just brought back everything from my dad. And then this..I just couldn't handle the stress. luckily we also have 4 cars and 3 drivers so I won't be out a car...I just don't like my husband's trucks or my daughter's car. I liked mine.

I know this has nothing to do with weight loss..well it does..it hinders me from working out the next couple of days when I was so gung ho about it..trying to get back up...I swear I have never had this many bad things happen to me in ten years..and in 4 months..dad has an accident, we have to take him off life support, he dies..I lose my job..I can't find a new one and now my car and hurting..gggrrrr...I want good Karma..what did I do to deserve all this bad...
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #267  

onmiwei - I'm so sorry to hear about your accident - that is absolutely horrible! And yes - you have definitely had a rough four months I'm so sorry!! I know your car is bad, but thank goodness the accident wasn't worse - so many people are killed by drunk drivers every year! And it's good that the guy has insurance! I hope he loses his license!!! I'm sure the hospital told you this, but I'm sure you can expect to be sore for awhile....just pamper yourself - the workouts can wait...your recovery is the priority now! And I think these major life stressors you have gone through have EVERYTHING to do with weight loss! They can really throw a monkey wrench in the mix...just focus on "doing you" - - and know that even the little things you do for yourself count! We are here for you!

Moving Forward - WOO HOO!!!! YOU ROCK GIRLFRIEND!!! I completely know your feeling - I did the same thing with the clothes - donate all of your big clothes, and don't look back!! Congratulations!!!!!

SeeMyFeet - I clearly don't know enough about Atkins - so split pea soup isn't allowed? Sounds like that would be healthy and low-carb? Maybe it's the lentils? Again, I'm so impressed that you are starting "bootcamp" before January 1st! You go girl!

Okay - TOM is still going strong (sigh) - I simply can't get on the scale until it's done... I've been binging on junk food for the last few days - and Moving Forward, I got rid of all my larger clothes - so I have to recalibrate soon!!! It's 2:44am here and for whatever reason, I am WIDE AWAKE!!! GRRRRR....

Hair appointment today - I'm going to drop my teenagers off at the mall while I get pretty My daughter wants to return some things and has Christmas money she got that is burning a hole in her pockets...LOL Both kids will bring a friend, then after my hair is done I'll pick them up and we will go to a Hibachi restaurant for a late lunch / early dinner. I will have some Kani salad and the Hibachi shrimp (no rice) - I have them make mine in the kitchen and just use soy sauce to stir fry it (no butter or oil)....I really need to start shifting back into "me mode" - I've been on that Vegas diet again...LOL seriously - yesterday I ate cheesy potatoes and chips and dip!! And I haven't gotten on the treadmill all week! I've been using TOM and the holidays as an excuse - but know it's just me rationalizing....so this morning I am DEFINITELY running on the treadmill before my hair appointment - need that metabolism fired up! Even if I only power-walk for 30 mins...I'm doing it! (after I shovel the driveway again...LOL)...I'll have a protein shake for breakfast, then the shrimp for lunch - dinner will be the minestrone (goulash) I made with the high fiber pasta...I have a plan!

....Just wish I could SLEEP!! sheesh! Very frustrating. I know I'm going to fall asleep around 5 or 6 (sigh)...

Did not get the laundry room done yesterday (sigh) - tomorrow the kids go back to their Dad's for the week I love that my daughter can drive - he only lives 5 minutes away, so she always pops over now. But before the kids leave tomorrow, I need to get the tree out of the house and have them help me clean the basement storage area and put all of the decor away...thank goodness my daughter is a neat freak - she will actually jump all over this and enjoy it! LOL Wish I was more like her!!

Both of the kids want to be healthier in 2013. I got them both ipod nanos for Xmas to load music and use on our treadmill...they're excited! And I also bought a smoothie maker - it is awesome - you can blend in "to go" cups!! so I'm going to make the kids smoothies every morning...sneaking in some protein powder and ground flax seed....

....the difficult part is when they go to their Dads - he doesn't have a treadmill or any workout equipment, and it's too cold out for them to go outside to walk....I'm going to ask my daughter if she can just pop over here after school on the weeks they are at Dad's so she and my son can get their "workouts" in...I know she'll do it...and I also know my ex will make them healthy food if they ask him too...we just need to plan. (WE including ME!!! LOL)

For Easter I'm buying us all new bicycles!! I need to start saving now for them - we have a trail that is close and it will be awesome for us to do as a family!

3:04am and I'm still wide awake...(sigh)....think I'm going to throw in a movie and hopefully fall back to sleep soon!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 03:09 AM   #268  

uh - someone is literally out there with a snowblower right now - 3am?!? LOL Maybe I'm not the only one with insomnia....
Old 12-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #269  

2FatCats - I just saw your post! I am SO checking out that book! I have the same challenge!!! THINK THIN!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #270  

Okay - "Party's Over" - I just weighed in - 149. I was at 142 last Friday!! I know I've been "bad" but 7 pounds in less than one week?!? Might be TOM - I'm hoping - - - that said, I'm leaving "Vegas"... How in the world is it possible to gain 7 pounds in a week - wish it were that easy to LOSE 7 pounds!!!! SHEESH!

It's good that I stepped on the scale before I did more damage - the truth hurts, but there is NO WAY I'm going over that 150 mark - for one thing, I don't have larger clothes to fit anymore. :/

Okay - plan the work, work the plan. As predicted, I'm now finally feeling a bit sleepy - so I'm setting my alarm for 8am. Need to leave the house at 10ish for my hair appointment...I have to shovel (just looked outside - more snow) - then I'm getting on that treadmill for 30 minutes - will shower, blow dry my hair, and then leave. I ate some minestrone and am watching Burlesque (fun movie ) - I'll grab a 180 calorie Svelte shake on my way out the door to tide me over until our late lunch today...I have to believe this weight is either retained water from all the salt I've been taking in and/or my TOM. Sheesh! I'm in serious shock here (not a bad thing I guess)

At any rate - I want to feel and look good more than I want to eat the junk! Why isn't losing weight as easy as gaining it?!?