Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:59 PM   #1186  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls.

Went out for lunch today to a new mexican restaurant near here. I had a fajita chicken quesadilla very nice. I will face the scales in the morning.

Diane team mum that's a lot hope you have a good team of mums, it always helps. Opening day right around the corner can't wait. It's a long season. I'm determined to get to a game this year.

Lovn I walked for a little bit today nothing like the ammount you do. It was nice this morning so went out for a quick walk. Poms will start practising again day after school gets out for summer vacation. She's playing softball at the moment.

Kappy I've been looking for the spring flowers since you mentioned it the other day. I have daffodils in the back garden that are coming up. They haven't bloomed yet.

Welcome Kateyes.

Sillycat good job on the weight loss.

Talking about getting organised did anyone see Oprah yesterday or today? They repeated the 2 shows with the woman who was the compulsive hoarder. It was unbelievable the ammount of stuff she had in her house. Very touching as well, I really like that Peter guy forgot his last name. I warned middle daughter to get her stuff cleaned up she never throws anything out. She's saying don't touch my stuff.

Shy maybe you could come to my house and help me get organised.

Biggest Loser last night why are they going to Australia next week? I'm hoping Mark will be gone next week. The 2 girls were looking good last night. Did you notice that we get to decide who the third person will be for the finale. We will vote on the bottom 2 when it gets down to the final 4. Does that make sense?

Got to go bye for now.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:54 AM   #1187  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Clyde
I have gone to a few peoples houses and for free of charge lol. Taken a couple of weeks and helped them organize their house and their lives to some extent. A couple of them kept up with it and are much happier now. The rest, went back to their old ways very quickly and then complained all the time how they could never find anything, couldn't get enough done in a day and in general were miserable because they were so unorganized lol.

kappy
My secret is I am a very disorganized person. The only way, years ago, I could cope with going to school full time with two children under the age of 5 in the house was to become very organized. I was always pretty organized with the house but not with my time. I found it made things so much easier and I have been that way since.

lovn
You put us all to shame with as much as you walk lol. I did 8 miles of walking/aerobics today and that was enough for me lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 03-27-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #1188  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I have 2 reasons why I walk so much.....I rarely count calories or cut back like most of you girls. The deficit has to come from somewhere. Also, I use the Walk / Run challenge in the exercise thread. I'm one of those people that if I say I will do something I absolutely do it unless I'm dreadfully sick. Everyone on that thread is very supportive and do not judge, but I feel like I need to be accountable to them. It works for my personality. Last week I only walked 2 miles total so, if I'm going to reach the 76 miles I said I would do I must keep going.

Kappy, I always think it's cool when time together is exactly what my children need. My siblings and I were brought up with parents who treated every family get together as some horrible inconvenient thing they HAD to do. As a result we rarely get together even though we all live within 9 miles or less of each other. Usually we're all together 2-3 times a year at my house. Maybe because I'm the baby by 6 years has something to do with why I'm the "different" one. I love large family gatherings. I'm glad for your niece and nephew to have spent some good quality time together.

Clyde, I saw TBL is going to Australia next week, but I did not see that we are going to get a chance to vote for anything. That should be interesting!!!

Last night DS and DH made the deliveries that DH and I would normally make today. Giving me another day off from work today. Yippee. I have some minor housework and banking to do is all. I probably won't be walking more than 4 miles though cuz my legs and behind are killing me from the past 2 days. I know M is busy so she won't be walking with me. Maybe I should actually read. I haven't finished a book in ages now!!
Have a terrific Thursday All.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:29 AM   #1189  
One pound at a time.

Morning girls.

Lovn that's the word I was thinking when I got on here. I have to be accountable to you guys about my weight. It helps to report to someone. So I'm up 1 pound this week darn it. Not surprised I ate a lot over Easter.

A new week ahead.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:47 AM   #1190  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Clyde: You have nothing to feel bad about with your weight. You've been doing so well this year that you're bound to have one rough week. You'll get back in gear and continue to lose! As for TBL, I saw that they're going to Australia, but I didn't see the vote thing. I'm not sure who I'll go for if there is a vote, but I would like to see Mark leave again. He bugs me.

Lovn: Accountability is a good thing. I'm glad that you're doing so well with your walking. I am trying very hard to not get upset about my lack of activity. I'm much better now, but still coughing and a little short of breath, so I'm trying to be patient and let this all go away before pushing it again. By the way, team mom takes care of going to the organizational meeting, getting the uniforms, lining up scorekeepers and umps, etc. All the other parents need to volunteer, but the team mom organizes it all.

Rennie: I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking that 8 miles of walking/aerobics is pretty impressive too. Good work!

Kateyes: Welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know you! Sounds like you have a variety of kid issues! I agree with the others that you absolutely have to make time for yourself a priority or you'll never get to exercise. Tell us more about yourself!

Well, that's about it for me today! Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #1191  
One pound at a time.

Sorry the vote thing on Biggest Loser will be the following week, not on Tuesday.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:38 AM   #1192  

Clyde, I'm with Diane. You've done really well and should be proud of your accomplishments. It doesn't matter which week the vote is, I'll be sitting on my couch watching. I'm totally a die hard addicted fan!

Diane, You really need to cut yourself some slack right now. It's more important that you let your body heal and get better. Women are so bad at giving themselves a break even when we're sick. We may do it, but do we take the break w/o guilt? That's what we need to do!!! Take care. I hope your good at deligating so you don't end up doing the brunt of the baseball work for yourself!
Old 03-28-2008, 01:30 AM   #1193  
Rennie

lovn
Sometimes we all need to take it easy. Glad you got a bit more time off. I have told myself I am not going to exercise so much next week. I want sometime to work on my hook rug. I keep it up I will have enough miles in to get to Alaska before the warm period hits and I sure don't want that lol. With cutting down the exercise a bit I am going to keep a better eye on the carbs and make sure the carbs I take in are good carbs not junk carbs. So far in the last 18 week days I have about 148 miles in lol.

Clyde
That pound will be gone in no time and you will be telling us how much more you have lost. Think positive.

Slash
You make sure you are totally well before you start pushing yourself. I know from personal experience what problems with the lungs can do if you don't get totally well. thank you
Old 03-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #1194  

Rennie, That's really terrific. You're averaging 8 and a quarter miles EVERY day. I only do BIG numbers like that when I'm playing catch up.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #1195  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, we had our first baseball meeting last night. Kind of makes me laugh to see the new, younger players that just moved up from the younger division. They look wide-eyed and so small! My son looks so much bigger than they are. I told him that it was his time to be a leader and he needed to help the younger guys feel comfortable in their new division. There was a boy last year that did the same thing for my son and I was so impressed with his leadership abilities. It will be fun.

I need to run some errands today, but this weekend should be pretty low key. I am planning for that! I want to get a few things done, but not worry too much about getting it all done. Should be a nice day here, too.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #1196  

Okay, I am new here. I weighed myself today, after years of denial. 172, or 171.5, depending on which scale I choose to believe! YIkes! I have been following South Beach, in phase 1, for the past week. My skin looks better, but since I didn't weigh my self before, I don't know what I started at. So. My goal weight is 135. I am 44, 2 kids, hubby, job, etc. I tried WW online, but found that it was too much trouble to log all my food. This time, I am using an old fashioned notebook, and will record my food and exercise daily.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #1197  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

I'm back a little. I had the flu. Then bronchitis. Babysat 3 kids over spring break (all under age 7) Then a horrible bout with a stomach bug (I hate throwing up). I apparently also have graft vs. host in my mouth (my body is rejecting my stem cells) - causes mouth sores and blisters. So they just upped my dose of steroids - yuck!

But I'm in a superfantastic mood.

I've been flirting with this great guy from Seattle who was an eHarmony match. He flies in to meet me on April 1st. He is totally the female version of me and has lost 65 lbs on his way to lose 100. He did the Body for Life Challenge (which is what I do too). I'm totally being woo'ed and I love it

Hope y'all are well. Promise to check in more often.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #1198  

Diane, It sounds like all was good at baseball. My son too will need to step up and lead this year. He has a July b-day so every other year he can actually play two levels. This year he will play little league, where he will be a leader and also senior league, where somone will show him the ropes. He just loves these years. He's progressed in ability enough where he will be "the big dog" on little league, but yet he'll be challenged and learn so much at senior league w/o the pressure of having to "perform." He's always chosen to play both and the coach has always welcomed it. Those are some of the advantages to small town life. I'm sure your son will be awesome with the younger boys.

trimom, Welcome. If a notebook works best for you then by all means that's what you should use. Each of us have to find our own path. There are a lot of wonderful women here. I look forward to getting to know you.

JaneZoe, It saddens me to learn your mouth is still in such sore shape. I hope your Drs can get you what you need. I hope the mister is all you want him to be. Good luck!!!

As for me. I got bullied for 1/10 of a mile by a very large lab while walking yesterday. She did finally decide to bite. Just enough to leave several teeth marks and one puncture wound about 2" above my left wrist. The actual bite wasn't so bad, but the head butting, pushing, growling, hair raised, it was all very scarey. I am grateful to God for keeping me calm or it may have been much worse. Thankfully, it was up to date on it's shots so I don't have to worry the fever I have today is from that anyway. So, I'm a little under the weather, but my son's pinewood derby is ready to roll. All will be good again soon.

Hope you all have a terrific weekend.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #1199  
Rennie

lovn
Glad you are ok. A lab that bites, I have never heard of such a thing and have had labs all my life. What on earth did those people do to that lab to make it like that I would like to know. I really had no idea I had done that much until I looked. I just happen to love to do the videos they are so fun lol.

Jane
The last thing you need is to be baby sitting while you don't feel well. I am sorry you are having such a hard time. Hope things so great with this guy. You are a terrific person and should have someone in your life that treats you like a million bucks.

TRi
Welcome. You will find a lot of great people here. We love to hear how each other is doing. Please come on back and post and let us know how your little part of the world is.

Slash
Nice advice for your son. A nice kid can really make a big different to younger kids.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:35 PM   #1200  
One pound at a time.

Lovn that's scary when a dog comes after you like that. Keep an eye on that wound.

JaneZoe nice to see you back. Hope you feel better soon

TRimom welcome to the 40 somethings. Remember and check in every day.

I've been having a very challenging past couple of days. Headaches from stress and worry.

Diane it doesn't look good for opening day. We are forecast heavy rain Monday into Tuesday.

Did anyone turn their lights off at 8 pm?
Closed Thread