S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Cool Newbie...

First name: Kim

Geographical location: New England

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Beta Fish

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Writing, sketching, basketball, soccer, track & field

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue, Dirty Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 28, 2008

Starting Weight: 252

Present Weight: 248

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: FOOD! I have an addiction to food. I eat when I'm upset or bored. It's a habit for me to eat bad food often throughout the day.

Following any specific plan: No

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've stuck with it for longer than a couple days. The only other successful time was when I was on weight watchers, but I can't afford it right now. I've taken a lot of weight watchers techniques and combined it with some of my previous knowledge from being a collegiate athlete and a certified coach.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I used to be anoerixic and have an addiction to working out too much in high school, so I do have to be careful I don't go from one extreme to another. I want to lose weight the healthy way, not cut corners.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #827  

S/C/G: too much/a lot less

First name (if you want to tell): Chelsea

Geographical location: Indianapolis, IN

Marital Status: happily married!

Children/Ages: none

Pets: just some fish!

Hobbies/Interests: singing, dancing, scrapbooking, writing, laughing

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: My eyes change constantly, hair-brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Its been a battle since I was young (thanks to pressure from my mother) but it never worked before.. I restarted dietting (for my own sake) February 15th

Starting Weight: Not sure (I refuse to buy a scale) I'm going by clothing size.. Starting size 28/30 in pants 2x in shirt

Present Weight: 28 pants 2x shirt

Goal Weight:Size 18 by April 2009

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: watching my mother suffer with an eating disorder my entire life... She was/is so unhappy with her weight- I was so determined to just be happy and NOT worry about it that I got out of hand!

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers points, but I can't afford the plan itself.. And SlimQuick

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm doing this for me, not for her.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm looking for friends in the Indianapolis Area!! I just moved there!!
Old 02-23-2008, 04:55 AM   #828  
Sandie2982

S/C/G: 269/262/160

Height: 5'8"

First name (if you want to tell): Sandie

Geographical location: Pennsylvania

Marital Status:Single and hating it

Children/Ages: a boy and a girl/ 7 and will be 4 march 9th

Pets: Hamster named, wookie, cutie, angel, idk, it changes everyday, lol

Hobbies/Interests: my kids, reading, writing, dancing, etc.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/ brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This current journey?? Jan. 29th 2008

Starting Weight: 269

Present Weight: 262

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: ummm, does just losing weight count? lol

Following any specific plan: Just eating less, heathier and exercise!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm more focused this time

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not at this time, but I'm sure I'll think of something soon!!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #829  

S/C/G: 230/199.4/130

Height: 5'1

First name: Christina

Geographical location: south of Pittsburgh

Marital Status: Separated

Pets: none (apartment living I tell ya!)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, talking long walks on the rail trail, adventurous cooking, eating at new sushi places, watching Lost

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/17/06

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 199.4!!!!

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating junk. Luckily, I've figured out that as long as it isn't in the house, I won't eat it.

Following any specific plan: WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm starting new after my separation, and after spending six years not really caring about myself, I figure it's time for ME.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm glad I found this website. I'm interested in learning more from you all, and sharing what I know.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:34 AM   #830  

S/C/G: 210/195.7/143

Height: 163

First name: Mandi

Geographical location: South Africa

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 5 year old son, Michael

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, travelling, Watching Lost, Greys Anatomy and Desperate Houswives

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, light brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 04/01/2008

Starting Weight: 210.5

Present Weight: 196.2

Goal Weight: 143

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating tooo much...

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm completely dedicated this time. As well as starting WW in January, I also go to gym 5 days a week. It feels good, especially since people have already started to comment on my weight loss.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm soooo glad I found this website. I need all the support I can get.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #831  
getting back into it

S/C/G: 145/144/118

Height: 5'3

First name (if you want to tell): Melissa

Geographical location: Hudson County, NJ

Marital Status: living in sin & loving it

Children/Ages: my bulldog babies, Paulie 2, Macy 1

Pets: Paulie my english bulldog, Macy my frenchie, and 2 Anole lizards Fred & Ginger

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, QT with the fam and friends, Turbo Jam!!, my pets

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I stopped for 7 months, gained it all back -but im optimistic and DRIVEN. It's a new day

Starting Weight: 144

Present Weight: 144

Goal Weight: 118 please

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I just need to not give up when I slip up.

Following any specific plan: lower caloric intake, burn burn burn urbo Jam video's, weights are my friends

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've seen what i can do and I'm not giving up

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to feel like the confident person I used to be..I'm not very competitive but i love to show off hehe Any turbo jam fans in the NJ/NY area talk to me
Old 02-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #832  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

First name (if you want to tell): Lisa Lynne

Geographical location: Chicago, IL

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: 1 daughter, she's 18 months

Pets: Black Lab mixed with pitbull his name is Domino

Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, shopping, bowling, tennis

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: My current starting date is 1/23/08. I've tried in the past to lose weight, this time it's for real though

Starting Weight: 446.8

Present Weight: 428.8

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I need to overcome temptation. And even when I do stray I just saw oh forget it and never get back on track until I gain back even more weight. I want to stay focused.

Following any specific plan: Fat Smash Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: First I've found something that's easy and doesn't make you give up an entire food group, used to do Atkins. I like how I eat unprocessed foods and I can eat fruit and all vegetables (except for white potatoes). I feel that eating 4-5 small meals is helping me to not feel so hungry and it keeps me from overeating. Secondly, I just have gotten to huge that I can barely move anymore. I can't play with my 18 month old and that hurts me. When I have birth to her the doctor said if I don't do something about my weight I'll die before she's an adult.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I want to feel sexy. I have never felt that way. Never felt like anything important and I'm hoping to change that.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #833  

S/C/G: 152/135.2/115

Height: 5'0

First name (if you want to tell): Allee

Geographical location: SoCal

Marital Status: Married to my middle school sweetheart

Children/Ages: None for now

Pets: None for now

Hobbies/Interests: Spending time with the hubs, surfing the net, reading, or hanging out at the coffee shop with my girls

Height: 5'0

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 01 2008

Starting Weight: 152

Present Weight: 147.6

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I have never been able to lose weight before. It has slowly been creeping up since birth. My biggest challenge is sticking to a diet and not giving up just because I don’t see any difference.

Following any specific plan: Cutting out fast food, switching to diet soda, eating breakfast, making all of my meals myself and trying to make better choices.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have my own kitchen, so now I get to do the shopping and the cooking instead of relying on my perfectly-happy-to-be-obese–lets-deep-fry-everything mother. I am also going to really exercise this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have never been a skinny girl, I have never gotten to wear those sexy clothes. I want to have that, at least for one night.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #834  

Height: 5'

First name (if you want to tell): Sarah

Geographical location: Syracuse, NY

Children/Ages: 5-year-old son

Pets: Beta Fish

Hobbies/Interests: I love watching sports on tv, the summer, swimming, the ocean, iceskating, crossword puzzles, festivales, wine tasting,

Height: 5'

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Monday (Feb 25)

Starting Weight: Honestly I don't know, I don't have a scale and haven't weighed myself in a LONG time, but my guess is about 165 to 175

Present Weight: See above

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binging and not exercising and CARBS (pizza, pasta, bread, those are my biggest weaknesses)

Following any specific plan: Not really, just trying to cut carbs, watch what I eat, go on here for support, I am trying to eat mostly non processed stuff like fruits and veggies.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am actually making a conscience effort and not just saying I am going to do it. Everyday I look at myself in the mirror and try to put myself in the right state of mind. I keep telling myself I'll start tomorrow, so finally I actually started

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Old 02-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #835  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

First name (if you want to tell): Rayelle

Geographical location: WA

Marital Status: Married to Kevin for almost 2 years

Children/Ages: Georgio (1 yr. 10 months) & Gunner (8 months)

Pets: (See above in Children) haha...they are Coton DeTulears most spoiled boys you will ever meet!

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking and Organizing

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Well lets see....does 18 years ago sound about right...yeah I think so!

Starting Weight: 305

Present Weight: 287

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not being able to eat out

Following any specific plan: An Atkins-type inspired one

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am going on a big vacation (kind of a belated honeymoon) to Florida (i'm hoping) so I want to look better and I am just sick of being fat...not fun at all

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nah I think that sums it all up.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #836  

First name (if you want to tell): Elisa

Geographical location: San Antonio, Texas (AND I LOVE IT.)

Marital Status: I has boyfriend.

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: My cat named Tammy. I love her.

Hobbies/Interests: Psychology, science, reading, learning, excellent thought-provoking movies, good music (ok I like ALL kinds of music, whatever), art, theatre, photography, webcomics (I has one!), cute shoes, cute totebags, videogames, and yoga. There are many more, but I think my list was getting a little too long...

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Hmmm I'm not quite sure. I began this endeavour sometime in mid-January, but only recently got hardcore about it.

Starting Weight: 200 (ish)

Present Weight: 193.5

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Keeping up with a workout routine and saying no to temptations. I am trying to remedy this by beginning a workout/food diary (I started it yesterday). So we'll see how it goes.

Following any specific plan: Not really, no.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm just completely sick of this. I want it to be gone so that I can stop trying to avoid full-body pictures with my friends, or looking at the ones they managed to capture on Facebook and feeling disgusted that other people can look at them.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Other than my weight, I pretty much love life and am generally a happy individual.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #837  

S/C/G: 248/230/160

Height: 5'9"

First name (if you want to tell): Sarah

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: just married after recently living in sin

Pets: three fish

Hobbies/Interests: reading, jogging, knitting, the internet, shopping

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: this one at the beginning of 2008

Starting Weight: 248

Present Weight: 237

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Those little grazings i do when I am making meals are what add up and knowing that just because it is slow, doesn't mean it's not happening

Following any specific plan: Canada Food Guide, which is essentially just healthy eating, making sure you get 5 servings of grain, 10 servings of vegetables, 2 protiens and 4 milks, and lots of running and pilates

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: For the 1st time ever I am not trying to lose weight for anyone or for any event. Just for little (...er not so little actually) old me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: not that I can think of
Old 03-04-2008, 03:57 AM   #838  

S/C/G: 168/168/135

Height: 5ft. 2in

Getting to know you...

First name (if you want to tell): Chrissy

Geographical location: Illinois

Marital Status: single!

Pets: 2 German Shepherds

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, reading, watching tv, cooking, going out with friends

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: now

Starting Weight: 168

Present Weight: 168

Goal Weight: i say 135ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i like food a lot, especially in social situations (like to go out to dinner, etc). I dont like desserts or sweets but my problem is portion control!

Following any specific plan: Kinda been following WW but not as strictly as I should. Started taking Alli and getting more serious about WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: we will see

Anything else you would like to share with us: I never joined a weight loss forum but I have looked. I am hoping that by writing about my progress and goals that it will help me to reach them more effectively.

27 years old
Highest weight: now at 168
3FC start weight: 168
Maintenance weight:
Current weight: 168
LT Goal: Maintain at 130-135
Old 03-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #839  

Default Heya

(I'm back )

First name: Erin

Geographical location: South of Boston, Ma

Marital Status: Engaged

Pets: 2 Dogs here, and one back in Scotland with my fiance.

Hobbies/Interests: Knitting, reading, cooking, medieval reenactments.

Height: 5'5" ish.

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes - blue. Hair - Currently-Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I was doing well about 2 years ago, then moved to Scotland. I'm trying to lose all the weight I gained while over there, and then some

Starting Weight: 188

Present Weight: 188 - still week 1

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Love of fried foods and I'm horrible at portion control.

Following any specific plan: Just eating sensibly.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually going to stick with it this time. My end goal is to be able to go rock climbing with my fiance next summer, so I need to lose weight and get into shape if I am going to do that!
Old 03-05-2008, 12:53 AM   #840  

S/C/G: 320/270/180

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Iowa

Pets: 2 dogs back home

Hobbies/Interests:Capoeira, making fleece blankets, reading, making fun of bad scifi movies

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes - blue. Hair - Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've been on and off diets for as long as I can remember.

Starting Weight: 320

Present Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cafeteria food and sugar. I do love sugar

Following any specific plan: nope, just trying to eat better

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually doing it for myself this time, not my mom.