Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 10:15 PM   #721  

S/C/G: 235/206/145

Height: 5'6"

First name (if you want to tell): Lys

Geographical location: MA

Marital Status: terminally single

Children/Ages: hopefully never

Pets: 8 year old Greyhound, 1 year old Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog, 19 year old cat, 9 year old rabbit, and 3 year old fish. I really hope to add another dog to my home soon. I miss having a personal protection dog, so fingers are crossed for a Malinois.

Hobbies/Interests: My life is summed up in one word - dogs. In my free time I train my own dogs in obedience, agility and freestyle, and I also train with a PSA group (bitework) but handle other people's dogs as I don't have a bitework dog of my own anymore

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Well it's been on and off since March, but I just got serious on September 27th

Starting Weight: 235

Present Weight: 206

Goal Weight: probably around 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm a horrible cook, I have no time to cook anything, and I have a serious addiction to mac'n'cheese and Taco Bell

Following any specific plan: I did the first 2 weeks of South Beach as a cleansing, but in general I'm just changing my personal eating habits as a whole.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually WANT to do it this time. Each time I have the opportunity to cheat I'm not fighting the "Don't do it, you know you shouldn't" instead I'm fighting the "I know it's a pizza party for my class, but do I HAVE to cheat?"

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm just psyched I found this forum
Old 12-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #722  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

First name : Dotty

Geographical location: Maryland

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets:I've been pet-sitting my friend's turtle for about a year now...

Hobbies/Interests: dance, color guard/drum corps, reading, driving

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I started losing in aug '05

Starting Weight: 228

Present Weight: 170

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat when I'm bored... and I live alone, so guess how often that is ;-)

Following any specific plan: I'm going back to 'my plan' which worked for me originally... basically, it involves me eating because I'm actually hungry and not otherwise emotional...

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I know what it will take to get me to where I want to be... now it's just a matter of jumping back on the wagon and going for it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: keep sharing your success stories!! The more I have to read, the less time I have to think about what's in (or not in...) the cupboard!
Old 12-09-2007, 04:22 AM   #723  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5'2"

First name : Heather

Geographical location: Florida

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: ???

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: right now

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 175ish

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat when I'm bored... and at night..

Following any specific plan: vegetarian

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: integrating diet and exercise together..

Anything else you would like to share with us: nopes
Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #724  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

First name : Jessica

Geographical location: SLT, Ca

Marital Status: Married- 1.5 years

Children/Ages: Eep! No.

Pets: 3 adorable cats

Hobbies/Interests: Well,, there's the problem. They used to be working out, soccer, hiking, photography, snowboarding, etc... now I really only have 2: sitting, and eating.

Height: 5'7.5" (I'm holding onto that 1/2 an inch!)

Eye/Hair Color: green/reddish brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: which one? I probably have 18 different starting dates that have taken place over the past 9 months. But, this time, I mean business

Starting Weight: 195.5

Present Weight: 193

Goal Weight: Not entirely sure, I've been as low as 148 in recent memory and still had a ways to go, so I'm figuring somewhere between 135 and 145 will be good.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself! Dealing with my own issues with food. Getting off my couch. My back.

Following any specific plan: More veggies. Less meat. Watching my calories coming in and waving at them going out.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm getting a support system! I'm not trying to do this alone anymore. And most importantly, I'm less focused on my size as the person I want to be- a snowshoeing, TRT hiking, xcountry skiing, kayaking triathlete goddess.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that I think that the dancing carrot is hilariously adorable!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #725  
Losing Weight in 2008

S/C/G: 160/See Ticker/130

Default I'm Sharron!

First name (if you want to tell): Sharron

Geographical location: Charleston AFB, SC

Marital Status: Newlywed, since June 16th

Pets: Gauge, my American Bulldog, my sweet boy.

Hobbies/Interests: scrapbooking, shopping, riding HD with hubby

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Most recently, September 24

Starting Weight: 155ish

Present Weight: 152

Goal Weight: 125-130
Old 12-12-2007, 03:06 PM   #726  

S/C/G: 214/214/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

First name (if you want to tell): Regina

Geographical location: Arkansas

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Kyle 5, Gavin 1

Hobbies/Interests: Love to read and I've just started scrapbooking and love it

Height: 5ft 5 1/2 in

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown hair, Dark brown eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 12, 2007

Starting Weight: 211

Present Weight: 211

Goal Weight: 145, but Im not gonna beat myself up if I dont make it there, Id be happy with 155....

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Im an emotional eater. And Im always at home with the babies, and food seems to occupy my time

Following any specific plan: Counting my calories, getting rid of all the sugar and excercising daily

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to be around for my kids later in life.....Its a struggle to play with them without getting out of breath. I want a new chance to live life, instead of watching it pass me by.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I would love to have a weight loss buddy.........someone with the same stats and issues as me to help keep me on track...I just moved to a new location and know no one here, so I dont really have the support of local friends...

Last edited by Ginalouann; 12-12-2007 at 03:07 PM. Reason: grammer issues, lol
Old 12-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #727  
Losing Weight in 2008

S/C/G: 160/See Ticker/130

Regina, I'm from Arkansas, about 15 to 20 minutes from Sheridan! I'm from White Hall. I just moved to South Carolina, my husband is in the Air Force. I'd love to talk daily about our new lifestyle changes, I need all the accountability I can get!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:01 PM   #728  

S/C/G: 288/287/185

Height: 5'6

Default Hi :)

First name: Jasminn

Geographical location: South Carolina

Marital Status: Boyfriend

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, going to the movies, reading, spending time with friends and boyfriend.

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I started technically back in May but then got off track due to death in family.

Starting Weight: 288

Present Weight: 288

Goal Weight: 185 (long term)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: finding the time to exercise and not getting bored off of the same foods.

Following any specific plan: no.... just trying to eat healthier, watching my portions, making sure I am eating enough so that I am not hungry later in the day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I know that this needs to be a lifestyle change and not just something to do for "right now"

Anything else you would like to share with us: I will post progress pictures as soon as I can.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #729  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Thumbs up

First name: Jen

Geographical location: Arizona

Marital Status: Happily Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None yet

Hobbies/Interests: writing, reading, weight loss, exercise, nutrition, psychology, the beach/ocean, psychics!

Eye/Hair Color: amber brown/chestnut brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TODAY! 12/13/07 The past is in the past!

Starting Weight: 183...I'm going to do an "official" weigh-in tomorrow morning but this is where I was at a week ago and I don't think I've changed since then.

Present Weight: 183

Goal Weight: 140 (I probably will revise this lower once I reach goal...I have never been lower than 158 in my adult life so I am just not sure of what my body will look like in the 130-160 range...it's uncharted territory!)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself! Seriously, my inner demons who tell me I won't ever be able to lose weight and that I will be a fat cow forever. I have to learn how to tell them to shut up!

Following any specific plan: Yes, 1300-1500 calories per day on average...I signed up for a fitday account today and am tracking calories, fats, protein, carbs...starting out exercising 30 min. 6 days/week primarily using the stationary bike and elliptical...will change the exercise up as needed along the way!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am more serious than ever...I've been trying to lose weight for 5 years (obviously I was not too serious!) and I just know I need to do this NOW. I am ready to make the commitment to change myself for the better! There's no reason to hold myself back from success any longer and I won't let myself do that anymore! I want my body to be totally transformed by next summer.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I come on here every day to read the site for support and wl advice and even though I may not post every day I am reading and enjoy learning from everybody: the beginners to the maintainers! As a lot of people who have made goal have said, if they can lose weight, anybody can, including me!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:52 PM   #730  

S/C/G: 217/215/135

Height: 5'3"

First name (if you want to tell): Jenn

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: live with boyfriend

Children/Ages: Lily/6 months

Occupation: SAHM & hairbow maker...massage therapist who hasn't been licensed yet

Pets: nope

Hobbies/Interests: I love the beach, crafts, walking, food, movies

Height: 5'3"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This diet...sometime in November...seriously dieting and exercising...12/08

Starting Weight: 174

Present Weight: 168

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love really bad food and I hate working out. My goal is to get to the point where I enjoy exercise.

Following any specific plan: basics from "You on a Diet". No white flour and no added sugars. Walk at least 30 minutes every day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel like I'm getting old and I want to feel beautiful and attractive. I really just want it this time. I'm going to reward myself for each milestone I hit also, which I think will help.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #731  

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'6

First name (if you want to tell): Erin

Geographical location: NJ

Pets: 3 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: reading, fashion

Height: 5'5"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 06

Starting Weight: No idea

Present Weight: 130

Goal Weight: 123

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Mindless eating late at night.. I snack on healthy things but too often.. drunk eating is horrible.. portion control is horrible.. haha

Following any specific plan: pretty much all natural low calorie low fat

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: nothing

hi all
Old 12-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #732  

S/C/G: 125/118/115

Height: 5'5

First name (if you want to tell): Lindsay or Lou

Geographical location: West Virginia

Marital Status: live in sin with BF

Pets: two cats, olive and josephine

Hobbies/Interests: reading, sewing, art, music, piercings, tattoos

Height: 5'5"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: started again tuesday

Starting Weight: 125

Present Weight: 125

Goal Weight: 115...but mostly just fit

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: moderation. either i eat everything or nothing. and i've never stuck to exercise

Following any specific plan: no...i'm just trying to eat a little less and start running on my treadmill almost everyday

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm not sure, but i just seem more determined to succeed. i want to exercise. i want to see results

Anything else you would like to share with us: not off the top of my head
Old 12-14-2007, 11:38 PM   #733  

S/C/G: 160/156/125

Height: 5'4 1/2"

hello! I have never posted before, I just did a search to figure out if Turbo Jam was any good, and I stumbled across this site. I really thought it was awesome, so I registered. I have no idea how to do cool stuff with my profile yet or anything, but I just wanted to say hey, and hopefully I'll figure out how to navigate through this so that I can participate more fully. I gained, like, 25 lbs during grad school... maybe a bit more, even. So I'm pumped now to burn it off! Yay!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:56 PM   #734  

S/C/G: 160/156/125

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Old 12-16-2007, 08:33 AM   #735  

S/C/G: 214/214/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey Sharron616! I go through White Hall all the time. We actually just moved from that area to Sheridan. We live in the Hardin community for about 3 years.
I tried to send you a pm,but it wouldnt let me because I dont have at least 25 posts yet...
Closed Thread