Pets: Daughter has a hamster

Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Green, brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 18.04,08

Starting Weight: 228

Present Weight: 228

Goal Weight: about 154

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binging when emotional or have slip ups

Following any specific plan: Exercise and eat less and healthier

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am ready to accept past failures and focus on the now
Old 04-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #887  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Hi, i'm new...

First name (if you want to tell): Brit

Geographical location: VA

Marital Status: Married for two years

Children/Ages: No, and not for a looooooooong while. I like other peoples kids because they go home.

Occupation: About to ETS from a 4 year stint in the military, FINALLY!!!!

Pets: I have two really spoiled cats, both males, and a Chilean Rose tarantula.

Hobbies/Interests: Ballet, gardening, astronomy, backpacking.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 2008

Starting Weight: 194

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My husband, and the amount of bulky muscle I have from being in the military. My husband eats all of the time, so of course I always manage to somehow end up snacking with him! Ontop of that, I have a lot of heavy, bulky muscle. I was a ballerina for 12 years before joining and I want my body back. For nearly four years I've felt like i'm looking at the reflection of a stranger in the mirror. Where did I go?

Following any specific plan: Not really. I eat pretty well, but I have a horrible sweet tooth and I love to bake and eat fresh bread.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never had to pursue any weight loss efforts before, so i'm new to this whole entire thing. I'm hoping to find some support and guidance here.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope. Just glad to have found this place, and good luck and congratulations to everyone!

Last edited by NishKitten; 04-20-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:48 AM   #888  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello all My name is Matilda I am 28yo I am in NJ i have two children. I would like to get down to 200lbs I am doing the fat smash diet as we speak and I am also new to this site. I am happy I found this thread since I can relate more with folks my age.......The difference between now and before with diets is that now I am focused and mentally ready. I finally realized that dieting is not only about a life time change but its also more mental than anything, that being said if you put you mind to it you can do anything!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #889  

S/C/G: 196/167/125

Height: 5 foot 7

First name (if you want to tell): Becca

Geographical location: England

Marital Status: Co-habiting with my boyfriend of 3 years

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None can't wait to move into a house where I can have a doggy!

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, art in general, shopping, fashion, thrifting, music... the usual

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/changable, but brown at the moment.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oh my. I suppose 23/04/07...

Starting Weight: 196

Present Weight: 169

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I tend to switch off and eat, just a bad habit I've always had (used to have COE I think, but don't really know) and the fact I'm bone idle doesn't help. And I can't afford my £30 per month gym membership any more...

Following any specific plan: I'm vegan, so most diets are an instant no-no for me, I calorie restrict, really!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never tried, just ate because I was miserable, and was miserable because I ate! I want to be thin and beautiful, and I'm doing better than I thought, and will continue to try until I'm happy with my appearence.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Sorry if I sound like a whinging winnie, I'm actually not that upsetting in real life. I think I'm rather jolly, really.

*waves*
x
Old 04-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #890  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

First name: Emily, but all of my friends call me Feral

Geographical location: Raleigh-wood (NC)

Marital Status: As single as they come [and loving it!]

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Two cats - little Phoenix (2) and Stimpy (16)

Hobbies/Interests: DJing (or anything else having to do with music), reading, watching movies, anything educational, working out, hanging out with my friends, playing frisbee

Height: 5'7''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Hazel / Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 04/23/08

Starting Weight: 191

Present Weight: Its DAY 1!

Goal Weight: I say 135, but it may be 135-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: obviously I like food. I'm horrible about drinking too many sodas and not enough water. I can be an emotional binge eater. One of the biggest things will probably be not drinking as much when I'm out with my friends and trying to ward off the craving for ice cream/dessert [especially when someone I'm with wants it to!] after dinner.

Following any specific plan: not yet, still trying to figure that out. It definitely includes less beer and sodas, more water, portion control and working out!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: enough is enough!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm stoked to be here!!! and looking forward to a LIFE STYLE change!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #891  
I will do this!

S/C/G: 227.8/206.4/140

Height: 5'1

First name (if you want to tell): Amber

Geographical location: Louisiana

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: don't have any yet...inspiration for all of this

Pets: My, Labrakid, Kaycie. She's my "dogter", going through the terrible two's.

Hobbies/Interests: Family, World Travel, kids, and I can't read enough.

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Light brown, hazel eyes/brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 24th, 2008

Starting Weight: 227

Present Weight: 227

Goal Weight: I haven't decided.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My BF is an excellent cook and loves to cook for me. (this is the biggest issue in our house)

Following any specific plan: W/W

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
[ "I was diagnosed with Insulin Resistance and I would like to be in shape for possibly having kids sometime in the next couple years." ] Amazing how so many stories are the same.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm not going to fail, I'm not going to fail, I'm not going to fail, I'm not going to fail, I'm not going to fail....
Old 04-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #892  

First name (if you want to tell): Danielle

Geographical location: New Jersey

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 2 boys..5 and 7 months

Pets: 2 cats,1 dog, 1 turtle

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, reading, playing with my sons, sports! i love philadelphia sport teams!

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: end of february 2008
Starting Weight: 167

Present Weight: 226

Goal Weight: 170 ( i want to weigh less than dh for once!)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:eating out of bordem! i am home with my boys and sometimes i am SOO tempted

Following any specific plan: doing weight watchers..flex plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i am actually following a plan for once and eating healthier...before i would eat whatever i wanted, just less

Anything else you would like to share with us: i have extremely low self-esteem..i really need to look at this, not as a diet but as a life change! i do not want to be over weight anymore..food is just NOT worth it
Old 04-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #893  
Back to the horse

S/C/G: 105/101.6/63

Height: 5'8

First name (if you want to tell): Olga
Geographical location: Colombia (shoking, I know!)
Marital Status: almost living with the bf, so practically engaged
Children/Ages:none
Pets: 2 doggies
Hobbies/Interests: shopping, reading, playing with my pets, a little tv now and then
Height: 5'7
Eye/Hair Color: brown/ blondish (it's kind of blonde, kind of brown)
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: forever!!!, but you can say i started this period since april 26
Starting Weight: 196
Present Weight: 196
Goal Weight: 128
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Comfort food, i eat a lot when i'm sad or mad, or just when i'm in my so called anxiety periods
Following any specific plan: I'm going to a nutritionist and i'm trying to do exercise (not allways work, but i try)
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this time i understand that i need to change my way of live, not only my of eating
Anything else you would like to share with us:I'm kind of shy because i'm from another country, but i think weight has no lenguage!!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #894  
You need me!

First name (if you want to tell): Lindsay

Geographical location: Kentucky

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, writing, daydreaming, drawing

Eye/Hair Color: blue, strawberry blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ummm...NOW!

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:No willpower.

Following any specific plan: Eat less and healthy and working out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to win his love back and love myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not at this time....def. later.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #895  

S/C/G: 195/190/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Here's me!

First name (if you want to tell): Annie

Geographical location: U.S., close to Canada

Marital Status: life-partner (male)

Children/Ages: 1-year-old (I'll call him Danny) and 3-year-old (I'll call him Tom)

Occupation: Homemaker, admin asst, business partner, sales associate

Pets: *le sigh* no...trying to talk hubby into a golden retriever

Hobbies/Interests: writing, hiking, reading, shopping, movies, music, goofing off online, playing with my kids, etc.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oh, off and on for a few years now...but this time, officially 4/28/08

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 195

Goal Weight: Around 130...but weight doesn't concern me anywhere near as much as body composition.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Zip for control over instant gratification. I can "justify" nearly any food indulgence. And chocolate...how do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

Following any specific plan: Customized Body for Life. I follow the general outline but have personalized it to fit my lifestyle

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm dangerously close to hitting thirty and I'll be noodled if I'm going to celebrate it looking like this! I want people to be snarky about me..."that witch looks better at 30 than she did at 20!"

Anything else you would like to share with us: I do not use identifying information on the web, so anything personal such as names, locations, etc. are fudged. But everything else, from my interests to goals to personality are 100% real.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #896  

S/C/G: start:242current:242goal:165

Height: 5"9

Default Im New

First name: Chantalle

Geographical location:Mississippi

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Averie Marie 21

Pets: Buddha 3

Hobbies/Interests:

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today

Starting Weight: 242

Present Weight: 242

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:

Following any specific plan: no... just exercise and try to eat well. i try to focus on whole grains, fruits and veggies and lean meat.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #897  
Changing for the better

First name (if you want to tell): Kim

Geographical location: Northeast U.S.

Marital Status: single

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: writing, singing, traveling, art

Height: 4'10"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/11/08

Starting Weight: 120

Present Weight: 120

Goal Weight: 105 or so....Since I have never lost a significant amount of weight (just have been slowly gaining my entire life) I don't even know what my ideal weight is. I just want to lose the extra fat, gain muscle, and slim down!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: During the few attempts I have made to lose weight the "right" way (eating right + regular exercise), I noticed that I would be more hungry due to the calories I was burning. So I would eat whatever I wanted, and end up maintaining instead of losing.
It's feasible for me to exercise every day, OR eat healthy foods 90% of the time, but difficult to do these things simultaneously.
Also, I have a HUGE sweet tooth (as well as a love of carbs), so I will need to learn to reduce and control my cravings.

Following any specific plan: Nope. I might try to design a basic plan, but I am afraid that if I am too meticulous about it, I will get discouraged and give up. Therefore, I am just focusing on eating healthy and exercising, and implementing these practices into my life permanently.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have kept putting off weight loss almost my entire life, since I was always slightly chubby and never really overweight. Now, though, my BMI is on the verge of entering the "overweight" zone and I am determined to push that number in the other direction.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am hoping to use 3FC as a source of motivation and support, since my motivation has faltered in the past.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #898  

S/C/G: 165/138/115

Height: 5'2"

First name: Ariel

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: a dog (Sabrina, a dachshund), a cat (Prospero, a Siamese kitten)

Hobbies/Interests: Art, Mixed Martial Arts, text-based roleplaying, reading, singing, photography, and probably a number of things I can't think of off the top of my head.

Height: 5'3" (maybe a bit shorter)

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Hm...it was originally sometime in March of last year, but I can't remember when exactly...my re-starting date, when I started at 141, was the 27th of April.

Starting Weight: Originally, 165--but this go-around, it's 141

Present Weight: 138.4

Goal Weight: 115-125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food addictions. I always had a tendency of eating even when I was full. I also have a tendency to scarf down any meal in five minutes...overcoming plateaus will be a difficulty I'm sure many are familiar with. :|

Following any specific plan: Nope. My minimum calorie intake is 1200, and 1400 is my maximum, though on Saturdays, I allow myself to go a smidge over, but still controlled. I also try to work out at least an hour a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually looking at what's healthy rather than -only- looking at the amount of calories in food (though that is still a huge consideration for me.) I'm also not pushing myself to do work-outs that are way overboard--such as jogging an hour straight. (I nearly got sick the last time I did that, and that was when I realized that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to push myself that hard. xD; )
Old 05-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #899  

S/C/G: 211.4/207.6/150

Height: 5'7.5''

First name: Kristi

Geographical location: NC

Pets: A puggle named Goliath and a pug named Willy.

Hobbies/Interests: Art, Crafting, Photography, Reading, Cooking, ETC...

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/29/2008

Starting Weight: 232.6

Present Weight: 230.4

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting the motivation to actually get up and work out. But, now that I finally have a gym membership I think that my change.

Following any specific plan: Kinda.. I'm eating between 5-6 small meals per day and starting Monday (5/5/08) I will be going to the gym regularly.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have my mom, sister-int-law, and nephew in on it with me so I will have extra support. Also because I have a gym membership finally.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I use LiveJournal as my online food and daily life journal. If anyone else has one and wants to share just PM me for my LJ screen name.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:30 PM   #900  

S/C/G: 140/128/118

Height: 5'2

First name (if you want to tell): Jaclyn

Geographical location: Tennessee

Children/Ages:3 My daughter is 9 and my sons are turning 4 and 7 this month.

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: A little bit of everything,lol

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/reddish brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 2007

Starting Weight: 140

Present Weight: 128

Goal Weight: 118

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
Boredom eating, emotional eating, comfort foods

Following any specific plan: 2 medium sized meals a day, exercise 3-5 times a week (jump rope running and pilates)

I used to not let myself eat any protein from animals but now I will eat some chicken and salmon. I also used to lose weight just by cutting food out but now I'm exercising alot more.
Closed Thread