Old 09-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome Getting2goal!

Back up today, 252.4. Hoping it is still from muscle soreness. I went running yesterday, first time in a few days, and my legs itched/burned so bad. Guess it is called Runner's Itch. My first thought was, I am a runner!. LOL Hoping for better news in the morning.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #332  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Good morning everyone

Welcome getting2goal and congrats on your weight loss.

Way to go justaloozer - keep up the good work!

Mara you're stronger than I am. I'm not attempting any running yet I'm sure your weight will go right back down soon.

I finally made it back down to my 252. I'm surprised because I had my nieces birthday party and I had a hot dog, chips and rotel cheese dip AND cake and ice cream! I didn't eat much else that day though. I also used up the rest of my weekly points Friday night by eating at the little café by my house. I even had pancake with butter and syrup. I have been craving pancakes, so now I hope I got that out of my system for awhile. I do better during the week while I'm at work because I only eat the food I bring.

Hopefully this week will bring some good losses for all of us!

Last edited by mandydawn77; 09-16-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: spelling error
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Mara I felt the same way when I got runners knee. I was like "Yay! I'm a runner!" even though I am really just a jogger! lol

Got my membership set up today and it took the sales lady an hour to get it set up so I didn't have time to workout. Tomorrow I will be there at 7am to get an hour in. I am sure the scale will go up after that for a couple days since it's been a few days since I have had a really good workout.

Mandy I am glad the scale is moving for you!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 286.6/264.4/165

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

justaloozer - I hope you enjoy your new gym membership.

Mara - I give you tons of respect for running. It would have to be an emergency to find me running.

Mandydawn77 - I also find it easier to stay OP during the week because I have my office stocked with healthy treats.

This AM I was in a rush when I headed out to work. So, I grabbed a lean cuisine on my way out the door. I don't know how they call it a "lean" when it came out to 9 WW P+. I ate it and tracked it even though I normally would not give 9 points to a microwave meal. Lesson learned!
Getting2Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #335  

Getting2goal - I buy the lean cuisines sometimes too. Which one is 9 points? Since I started back on WW's I've been having a sandwich every day for lunch at work. I bought Sara Lee 45 calorie bread (1 pt per slice) and Sara Lee low sodium oven roasted chicken deli meat (1 pt per 2 oz) with mustard and tomato. I also bought the light Lays potato chips which are only 2 points for 20 chips. I know it has olestra (I think that's what it's called), but I never have more than a serving a day and it hasn't ever given me any kind of GI problems. I also like the baked Tostitos scoops, they are 3 points for 16 chips I think. They are great with salsa. I just wish they weren't so dang expensive.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 286.6/264.4/165

Height: 5'9"

Mandydawn - it was 5 cheese rigatoni
Getting2Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #337  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone!

I had a horrible off plan, sodium filled weekend. It was a busy weekend and things didn't go as I had planned so the planned off plan food got even a bit worse. Not seeing too much damage on the scale though, the water weight from the sodium is going away so I'm sure tomorrow's official weigh in will at least not be a gain..lol

Welcome Getting2Goal! Those freezer meals scare the crap right out of me. If it's not the calories that are in a "diet" meal it's the sodium. I keep telling myself I need to make up some healthy freezer meals for myself for days I don't feel like eating the same thing... being a stay at home mom, I at least have my whole kitchen at lunch time, but I still eat the same thing pretty much every day.

Mara, I think you just want to stay here with us You will soon move on to the next thread I'm sure.

MandyDawn, you will be following Mara quickly, I can see it now.

JustALoser, enjoy that membership. I find it insane that it takes an hour just to put you into a computer.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #338  

Still at 252 this morning. I'm hoping to see 250 or less by Friday. Fingers crossed.

getting2goal - I didn't realize the five cheese rigatoni was that high in points. Most of the ones I keep on hand are 5-7 points. I like to keep one in the freezer here at work just in case I forget my lunch.

findingfawn - I'm glad your off-plan weekend didn't show much on the scale. I think sometimes we need to go off plan for a day or so. My problem is making myself get back on plan

I've always been bad about not paying attention to my sodium intake. I know it's usually too high according to my app I use to track my food. It seems in my family the only diagnosis I've ever heard that has anything to do with sodium was it being too low. Both my grandma and my mom have had low sodium readings on their blood work. I've always been lucky as far as cholesterol and things like that. I think genetics play a big role. I don't believe that being overweight makes you more susceptible to having high cholesterol either because most of the people I know who have really high cholesterol levels are very thin and active people. I know being fat isn't healthy, but I think some of the things the doctors have linked to it in the past have been wrong. I have to have my blood drawn every few months because of some of my RA meds I'm on and even at 336 pounds my cholesterol and everything else was always within normal limits. My vitamin D was low when they checked it though. Anyway, I didn't mean to ramble on.

Hope you all have a wonderful day
Old 09-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #339  

Morning guys. Thanks for the encouragement.

As for the running it is more like jogging at this point. LOL But it still counts. I am the same as yesterday.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #340  

Sodium is a KILLER for me too!

Mara, I definitely jog as well. I feel like I'm running but when I catch a glimpse of myself in the floor to ceiling mirrors at the gym I see I am really moving at a snails pace! LOL!

Today I am up 2lbs. I was pretty bummed to see 260.8 when I was OP, but I know the scale will move back down.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #341  

Justaloozer that is how I feel, but even moving slowly I am amazed at how much distance I can cover. I can't see myself since I am running outside, but I try not think about it or I am afraid I will get self conscious.

The scale will move for you soon. Just wait till tomorrow. It will whoosh away.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #342  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I keep thinking of running, I'm just not there yet I don't think. You girls inspire me

I lost 1.6lbs this past week, I'm at 264.0 today. Totally not what I wanted to be at, but it's a loss and I'll take it.

Bumped up my workout this morning. Did a 3mi WATP. Surprisingly (to myself anyway..lol) I didn't feel like I was dying like I thought I would... but man am I sweaty! Gonna have to hit the shower in a minute and hope I get out before the kids get up!

Have a great day everyone!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #343  

Morning all!

Weigh in was up .2 so I am now 261. I was in my calorie allotment but did not make great choices and my sodium was too high. Back OP today!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #344  

I am the same as I have been for the past two days. Hopefully things start to move down. Thinking hormones might be playing a part.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #345  

Still at 252 this morning, but yesterday it was 252.6 and this morning was 252.0 It's not much, but it's moving in the right direction so I'll take it. I'm hoping for a bigger loss by Friday. Maybe after zumba tonight and tomorrow I'll sweat some more pounds away lol.

Happy hump day everyone!