Old 10-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Sounds like we have all been off plan this week! I intended to stick to my plan but made chocolate chip cookies with the kids, and well........

I am still 254 luckily but I hate how much I am slipping up. I need to get my head on straight!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #452  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

From October to January seems to be a very hard time for everyone. First the fall yummy goodness starts flowing.. apple dumplings, apple butter, pumpkin pie.. or pumpkin hershey kisses which have been destroying me the past week..lol. The Halloween candy comes out to play. Then there is Thanksgiving and even more fall yummy-ness.. then the Christmas goodies are instantly following. We can't forget New Years... I know in my house we always have a spread of meats and cheeses and crackers and chips to munch on freely all night until the ball drops.

While it's not ok to go off plan and gain a bunch of weight right now, it is important that we don't get too hard on ourselves and beat ourselves up over a slip. We need to focus on trying to stay on plan and when we slip not keeping the slip going over days and days. We can't change what we did a week ago, a day ago or even 5 minutes ago, but we can chalk it up to a lesson learned and move forward from it.

We've all got this.. we can do it!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #453  

I lost .8lbs just over night... weightloss is such a strange thing. 256.6 this morning.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #454  

I guess the past few days finally all caught up with me. I am 255.4 this morning. Going to continue sticking to my plan and hopefully it will budge in the right direction soon!

WTG Findingfawn!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

I just restarted this week but I'm already down to 265. I'm sure a lot of it was water weight but I'm hoping to fly through the 260's.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #456  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

This has been a hard few months for me... Since July I have only lost 13 lbs.. That is frustrating too... I think the fall is tough too, as our bodies like to store extra weight to keep the body warm during the winter months. It just happens. I also know that with the sun coming up later in the morning that I am not sleeping as well.... almost like my body knows that we are going to have a time change soon... so less sleep = weight gain too.. My new thought process is to just eat what I should and move..... and do a garage sale too! LOL

I am up to 255.6.... I miss the days of my old scale where I would be 241 this morning instead (funny how a # just changes our mind set).
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #457  

Hi Kay! Hope your stay in this thread is short and you fly down to the next one quickly!

Wanna I agree. A number totally changes my mindset. I would love to not be scale obsessed and I think it will change more for me when I get closer to the body I want. But right now the changes in my body are subtle so the numbers count big for me. I do focus on fitness goals as well.

Today the scale is moving back down! 253.4!I wanted to be no more than 251 by Sunday's weigh in but I messed up too much this week so that probably won't happen.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #458  

Welcome Kay Glad to have you with us

Wanna... 13 pounds gone is still better than none gone or even worse a gain of that much. Just keep pushing forward, the scale has to go the right way as long as you are working at it.

Justa.. glad the scale is moving down for you again Take the number you get on Sunday with pride! You have worked hard for it, even if it isn't quite as low as you want.

AFM.. I'm down to 256.4 today, and heading out on a very cold camping trip with my 7yo's Cub Scouts to the council's Harvest Festival. Tomorrow, once we thaw out from the 40* night, we will be shooting BB guns, bows and arrows, going on hay rides, painting pumpkins, trying to brave the haunted house and who knows what else.. last year we threw tommahawks and visted "the lab of a mad scientist" oh and played pumpkin bowling...lol. My food will be completely out of my control... but they feed the adults the same portions as the kids, so I'm sure I can't blow it too bad...lol

Have a good weekend all
Old 10-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #459  

S/C/G: 318/263/258

Height: 5'6"

Yay! My first post in this thread since I've finally gotten out of the 270's after 4 months. Today I weighed in at 266 and am hoping to zoom through the 260s and 250s quickly. Good luck to everyone here!
shrewlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #460  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi all! I am new to this board... Just entered 260's... At 268 at today's wi!!!! Hoping to stay her for much less time then I was stuck in the 270's!!!!! Love feeling so much more in control. Have a great weekend!
Zictory75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #461  

I've not been tracking my eats much the past couple of weeks. I've also given in and succumbed to Halloween candy + treats + cocktails way too much lately. Yesterday I felt sick from all the sugar I consumed.

BUT I checked the scale and I'm down to 265.8 PHEW. I'm not zooming through the 260s as fast as I planned, partly my fault, but I'm determined to keep trying. I dunno, sometimes not seeing the numbers shift as fast as I'd like cools my motivation and I get in the mindset of "Well dammit. Why do all of this hard work if it's not going to pay off? I'll always be fat"

But I refuse to completely give up this time. I may fall off momentarily, but I always wanna immediately get back on. I owe it to myself to live the rest of my youth in the body I deserve.
SelinaKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #462  

Welcome Shrew and Zictory! Hope your stay here is short!

Selina I often catch myself with that same mindset. I feel like why am I avoiding foods that I love so much if I will always be fat? But honestly the difference that I feel when I do actually eat crap makes me realize it isn't good for my body at all. So even if it tastes good, not only am I making myself move farther from my goal, but I am actually harming myself. Occasional treats don't have to mean the end of our life change as long as they aren't the bulk of our meals.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #463  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelinaKyle View Post
I refuse to completely give up this time. I may fall off momentarily, but I always wanna immediately get back on. I owe it to myself to live the rest of my youth in the body I deserve.
Good for you! This is the mindset I am trying to have this time around. I know I will fall off at times, but as long as I don't give up completely I will eventually reach my goal. I know I still have a long way to go, but the time is going to pass by regardless of what I'm doing. I try to remember how I felt in 2011 when I was 93 pounds heavier and remember how uncomfortable I was and how far I've come. It might have taken me 2 years to get here, but it was worth it. I just have to remember to take it one day at a time. If I mess up, as someone here said, it's not a deal breaker, just a deal slower downer. It's a long journey, but it will be worth it in the end I'm sure.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 275/241/165

Default Hey

Hey! I'm new here. I've lost some weight initially going down from 274 to 252 by incorporating more fruits and vegetables into my diet and going for long walks. I'm hoping to take things up a notch with working out harder and counting calories... This is going to be tough but I'm hoping that loosing will help my joints feel better.
peachesandcream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #465  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Good Morning all! and to: Shrewlu, Zictory75 and Peaches! I hope your stay is short (going down to the next thread) but your stay here is fun!

I missed you all.... my computer (Modem/Router) was KAPUT and the new one I got from ***ast did not work either, but my wonderful Technician PHIL fixed my system, ran a new cable outside and I am golden! and no more buffering anymore either HOORAY!

and... I have lost some of that stubborn water weight.. Down to 254.4.. so 3 lbs over my lowest.. going to get there!... Changed mind set and I have STOPPED EATING that gosh darn Halloween candy.. OH I hate that it calls my name ... next week it is all going to be handed out to the youngsters... Spread the word.. Handfulls of candy handed out to kids in Florida! LOLOLOL

Have a wonderful and HAPPY day all! May your scale show you a happy face today!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote