Old 08-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

266.6 today. Today is a rest day from exercise so tomorrow the scale will be down but it is frustrating that I am bouncing between the same numbers when I am doing everything right.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Up a little again. 252.4. Determined to stop the updward movement this time.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

justaloozer, keep hanging in there! All that exercise will pay off!

Mara, I'm sorry to hear about the backtrack on the scale, but it will come down. It seems like that is the way my weight is most of the time! I tend to bounce between two numbers for days at a time before any losses.

Today I weighed in at 262.3! So happy to see that it finally came down! Hopefully it'll continue heading down or stay down after TOM is officially over.
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #244  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! I've been on a plateau for the past two weeks, but I'm hoping to break into the 240's soon. I love these threads! Much easier to focus on the smaller goals, especially when you still have 100lbs to go.
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Thanks Levoguette. I think it might be water weight from exercise. I hope anyways. lol

Welcome Lanabug!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #246  

Thank you Mara! I weigh in on Wednesdays so hopefully I'm gonna be down a bit tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it.. if I get stuck, it usually lasts about a month. On the upside, once I break through it's whoosh city, so we'll see!! Haha
Old 08-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #247  

Welcome lanabug! I hope the scale cooperates tomorrow for you! Glad to see you join us!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #248  

Weighed in at 260.7 today! Finally, a whoosh on the scale. I just hope it stays!

I've eaten around 1200-1300 calories the past two days as well TOM being over, so that lesser calorie intake may have aided the loss. I'm eating 1200-1500, which seems too little calories for my body weight but if I eat more I seem to stall at the same weight and jump back and forth between two numbers.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Hi there.. sorry I haven't posted on this thread in several days.
I've finally hit a new low after having a gain and getting it back off. I was 254 this morning. 1 more lb and I will hit my 10 lb goal for the month. I plan on making it happen.
I also just noticed I can officially say I hit my first mini goal (255) in yesterday's weigh in (254.4) I did hit it a few days ago but I was afraid to put it because I didn't know if I'd hang onto it. I didn't but i will this time!
Welcome to the newcomers

Last edited by Only Believe; 08-28-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #250  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

I'm frustrated along with everyone else. The scale is bouncing between 252-254 the last few days and I don't know why. I keep my carbs very low and mostly from vegetables. The only thing I have eaten in the last couple of months that wasn't on plan was some fried chicken and I kept my calories very low that day because the only thing I did eat was the fried chicken and a very little bit of coleslaw. We had a family get together. I thought I did really good since I didn't touch the biscuits or baked beans or fried okra or mashed potatoes and gravy, nothing but chicken and a few bites of coleslaw. I'm still doing my zumba classes 4 days a week and most days my calories are pretty low, like 1200 or so, which for a really low carb diet is pretty low. I just don't know what to do. I've been looking at Chris Powell's carb cycling diet, but I just know that every time I add carbs in my diet I lose control and end up craving more, more more! Unfortunately I seem to have no self control when it comes to carbohydrates, even the healthy ones, I always end up eating too much. I lose those cravings and can stay in control of my eating better with low carb. This is the last week of our weight loss challenge here at work and I'm at least having a cheat day or possibly cheat week before we start our new weight loss challenge on Sept. 6th. That one will last for 6 weeks and the goal is to lose 5% of your body weight. Everyone that meets the goal splits the pot. I lost 10% of my body weight during this first challenge, but it lasted 10 weeks. We decided to change it up for the next go round. If nobody meets the 5% then the money will stay in the pot for the next challenge. Money is a really good motivator
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #251  

Thanks levoguette!

Welcome Lanabug!

Yay for the loss Only Believe!

Mandy I feel your pain. Scale is slowly creeping up from what I can only assume is exercise. Last night I said screw it all and joined my family for some pizza. I haven't had a bite of it since April and it felt great. The scale indeed went up again but this time I *know* I know exactly why. I have been thinking of cycling calories. Maybe after 4 months of consistent weight loss my body needs a change.

AFM: 267.4 today. Just did some Insanity so I'm assuming it will increase tomorrow again.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #252  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

I found this article and thought some of you may like it. Especially the since so many of us seem to loss and gain and repeat that cycle.

http://choose2befit.com/2009/09/11/w...a-new-program/
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #253  

Thanks for the welcomes <3

Congrats, levoguette! I got one too, it moved! Yay! I'm not out yet, but -3lbs when I thought for sure I wasn't gonna budge? I'll take it!!

Last edited by lanabug; 08-28-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #254  

OnlyBelieve, congrats on reaching your mini goal, Only Believe! That's wonderful!
lanabug, also congrats on your loss!

Mandy: I don't think the fried chicken having being only one semi-"cheat" meal would have affected you in the long run at all! I've never done zumba, so I don't know how it works, but are the workouts very similar each time? Maybe switching things up a bit can get you back down on that downward trend. It sounds like the carb cycling may be worth a shot, although I can understand the worry with the carb cravings. Hm... Maybe try the carb cycling during your "cheat week" time and go back to low carb? I've also considered trying to cycle my caloric intake, so if you decide to try it out, please let us know how it goes for you!

justaloozer: I always feel like the up on the scale is okay as long as I know where it came from! I'm sure you will lose the weight once you flush out the extra sodium from the pizza. I try to drink extra water when I eat out to help prevent the scale from kicking up too much.

Nagazim: Thank you so much for thinking of us and sharing the article! Great read!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #255  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagazim View Post
I found this article and thought some of you may like it. Especially the since so many of us seem to loss and gain and repeat that cycle.

http://choose2befit.com/2009/09/11/w...a-new-program/
Nagazim thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed to read today. I have been insanely bummed about the scale going up, especially since I just hit my first goal and now I'm back up.