Old 09-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #301  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you guys for sharing. There are so many different plans out there and I was just curious what everyone else was trying. I decided to go back to Weight Watchers Points Plus this go round. I had a big shopping trip yesterday to get lots of healthy fruits and vegetables and low-point snacks and meals. After eating all that junk for a week and gaining 8 pounds, I decided to brave the scale this morning after almost 2 full days of doing WW's and I was down to 255, which was a little more than I expected. I always enjoy WW's after switching from low carb because it doesn't really feel like dieting. I'm just scared it's going to end up like the last time where I lose control and end up not being able to restrict myself to small portions of carby food. We are doing this for 6 weeks and I'm hoping with such a short time span I can manage to really stick to it. I think if I just keep my mind on the short term goal it will help me hang in there. That's why I'm so glad we are doing all of these short weight loss challenges at work because it's the kind of motivation I need. We are doing one more before Thanksgiving without a break in between challenges this time. Then come January we are starting another one.

Justaloozer - Congrats on your weight loss!

Findingfawn - Staying the same or losing any during TOM is tough. Congrats!

Mara - Congrats on making it to 250!!!

Onlybelieve - I can't wait to join you guys in the 240's thread! You might be out of there before I can catch up though

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm going to try to make it through zumba today. I don't know what's going on with me this week, but my body has been so out of whack. My low back and hip have been hurting all week and yesterday I had the worst shoulder and neck pain, and I've been fighting a headache for like 3 days now! I'm not used to all these aches and pains and it sux! I wonder if the headache could be partly from all the drastic diet changes, going from practically no carb to eating anything and everything and now eating a normal healthy diet. I just hope I can get back to normal soon because I hate missing my zumba classes.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

The 240s finally stuck. I will see you guys in the next decade.
ainslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #303  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Congrats ainslie!

Mandy, pay attention to what makes you lose control with those carby foods, some foods just have to be off limits to us sometimes. For me it's peanut butter, I LOVE peanut butter, but it's also like crack to me. One little taste and I can eat the whole jar in a few minutes and can't stop myself! My kids eat tons of BP&J and even just the smell while I make them is pure torture. I have to pat myself on the back every day I make them and put that jar away without even licking the knife. I don't care for bread or pasta... but I know that they are triggers for many. I do have issues with sugar too, and so do many others.

My weight is back down to about where I think it should be (ok, with as strict as I have been it's not as low as I would expect it to be), but TOM is still here and still in full force mode.

Happy Monday everyone, make it a good one!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

WTG Ainslie!

Scale is finally moving! Maybe I needed that cheat weekend last week! 263.4 this morning. I should be in the next decade before fall starts!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #305  

Happy Monday everyone!

Still at 255 this morning, which is good considering I had a piece of my mom's birthday cake yesterday and kfc chicken. I counted all the points though and didn't go over too much. I just had to use some of the weekly points that WW's gives.

Congrats on all the weight losses. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #306  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

I am dying to weigh in on wednesday! I feel like I've been doing pretty well this week, and with TOM coming to a close, I'm praying breaking into the 240's wasn't a fluke. I gotta knoooooow lol
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #307  

Lanabug - I got a feeling that it's not just a fluke
Old 09-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #308  

Kinda nervous about tomorrow's "official" weigh in, I don't think I hit 2 pounds lost. I would have to lose .6 from todays weight. It's possible and today may still be up from TOM and also my lack of self control yesterday

I feel horrible about yesterday. First off, we ran out of gas on Sunday (way to go Sommer, keep the stove going... all 4 burners for hours and hours while you can a crap load of salsa lol), we brought the camp stove out of the camp stuff and set it on the deck until the gas man gets here... but I was too lazy or too afraid that someone (who the freaking deer????) might see me out there cooking yesterday morning so I ate a banana instead of my egg whites. I'm certain that began my set up for disaster. Then for lunch instead of my usual turkey wrap I decided to have a salad. Well I have this problem with salad. I just never feel like I have eaten a meal when I eat one, even when it's got plenty of protien in it. I struggle to eat the darn thing because I make it big enough to fill me as a meal, then 5 minutes later I find myself in the peanut buttter jar! Yep, right in my darn trigger food! I ate 2 HUGE spoonfuls of it before I fought the urge to just polish off the jar. Then I hit a left over pork chop in the fridge. I fought hard to regain control and ate a "normal" dinner. Then later in the evening I cracked open a jar of red beets I had canned last year, I ate the entire pint of pickled beets! UGGGGG.

Today... I stood out on the deck and cooked my eggs! That gas man better be here today, he said he would be here yesterday grrrrrrr.

Oh well, enough of my complaining. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #309  

Lanabug I hope it wasn't a fluke!

Findingfawn I hate bad days like that! Usually happens around TOM for me.

AFM: I am down another 1.4lbs! 262 today! Soon I will see a new decade!!!!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #310  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Way to go guys!

I visited family over the weekend and indulged a little. I am back up to 251.8 but at least it is the low 50's still. I am planning to join anisle and lanabug in the 240's soon.

Last edited by Mara; 09-10-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #311  

findingfawn - Sorry about your rough day yesterday, but at least you fought the urge to finish the whole jar of peanut butter. I know how hard that can be sometimes.

justaloozer - Congrats on the weight loss!

Mara - I'm sure that will come right back off and hopefully we will both see the 240's real soon.

I weighed in at 254 this morning. I still have 2 more pounds to go to get back to where I was, but I'm getting there. So far I'm not having any problems sticking to WW's plan. I made it to zumba yesterday even though my low back was still hurting. I had to modify a couple of moves and tried to tone it down just a bit from my usual. I didn't want to make it worse. From what I've been reading on the internet it's better to just stick to your normal routine as far as activities go and just stop if it hurts too bad. They used to tell people to go to bed for a few days and rest their back and then found out that only made it worse. This isn't severe pain - I think I just strained something. I'm sure it'll work itself out in another week or so. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Mandy, I know it's a little bit late but I thought I would still answer. I've been counting my calories, eating between 1200-1500 calories a day, and then I've been using the IR Diet principle of linking carbs with protein (in short, I limit my carbs that come from grains, sugars, or fruit to no more than 30 grams per meal, and try to eat at least half the number of grams in protein). Just adding that little rule to my diet, I've seen a pretty big difference. Last week I wasn't really strictly following that rule, and I didn't see much if any loss, I started strictly following it again and there's a huge difference.

ainslie, congrats on making it to the 240s!! Can't wait to be there myself.

lanabug, I'm sure it's stuck and you've probably dropped a bit more too! Fingers crossed for you tomorrow.

FindingFawn, I can see your frustrations. I hope your stove is fixed soon and you can get back to routine. Sometimes things can throw us for a loop and off track, but it was only one day, and it sounds like you're back on track which is great. I've had days where I've eaten off plan too and have been so upset with myself, but the trick is to realize it's in the past and just move on to the next day and make better choices that day. One cheat day won't set you back too far.

Justaloozer, congrats on your loss! You'll be in the 250s in no time!

Mara, I'm sure you'll be back in the 240s within the next few days! Congrats!

After my scale frustrations last week, I went ahead and started trying the gallon trick to "trick the scale" into showing me my actual weight instead of just the same number. It seemed to have worked, because it took a little longer to calculate my weight than usual.
I didn't get to weigh myself over the weekend, I weighed yesterday, without using the gallon trick, and I noticed the scale actually took a little while to calculate my weight instead of having a number pop up right away. I think I may start weighing myself every other day or every 2 days, so my scale won't regurgitate the same number.
Anyway, the scale was at 258.2! FINALLY under 259! So happy about that. Today, I slept in and weighed a bit later than usual, so I weighed 256.4. It may be a little off but I'm looking on the bright side of it. I also asked a family member to weigh themselves, so I could weigh myself again and "double check" and it gave me 256.3 the second time, so I'm writing it down as my actual weight.
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #313  

Great job on all the losses ladies!

Mara~ I'm sure that will be gone before you know it and you will be back in the 240s

Mandy, just watch that back. I am horrible about taking care of mine and last year found myself stuck in the laundry room as I bent down to load the washer... I didn't know what to do, and didn't even have my phone to call anyone for help! Somehow I made it to the living room. A good chiropractor was my miracle cure.

Levoguette~ funny how that gallon trick works, but I have had to use it many times. I don't have too much trouble with the scale I have now, but if I think it's off I will have a kid hop on and then I try again..lol

Had a good day yesterday with my food, and even had enough calories left at the end of the day to eat a piece of cake! Today is my official weigh day and I'm down 2.6 for the week. Not bad at all. I also hit the 10lb lost mark today.. not much when I have so much to lose, but in 3 weeks, I'll take a 10lb loss!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #314  

Mara you will be in the 240s soon!

Mandy wtg!!

Levoguette that is awesome!! What is the gallon trick?

FindingFawn 10lbs in 3 weeks is great!!

AFM I am down .4. I weighed in at 261.6 this morning, which is a total loss of exactly 54lbs! It's hot today and I have a busy day ahead of me. I am debating on what exercise to do...
Old 09-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #315  

Down one more pound today yay! I just have one more pound to get back to my lowest weigh in and finally my signature will reflect my true weight again. I never did change it because I hate having to go up.

findingfawn - I just finished some training here at work and we actually discussed and even practiced back safety. Since I work at a mental hospital (even though I'm in medical records) we all have to practice holds and how to react to a situation with any clients that might try to hurt us physically. I'm not on the units very often, but you never know what could happen and it's better to be prepared.

Congrats ainslie! Hopefully I will see you in that thread soon.

levoguette - That's interesting about linking the protein with the carb. I might have to try that trick. And congrats on the weight loss!

justaloozer - 54 pounds lost is awesome! All your hard work is paying off.

Happy hump day everyone!