Old 08-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #256  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

254 again today, which is so depressing because tomorrow is the last weigh in and that's two pounds over what I weighed last week and I don't feel like I did anything wrong diet wise. The week before that I was 252 as well, so something has to be wrong somewhere. We only had one zumba class that was cancelled due to a big zumba convention in Houston that all the local instructors went to. As far as changing things up my zumba instructor went on vacation for a week less than a month ago and had a different instructor take each of her classes, so we got a variety of new workouts. My instructor changes it up anyway, but there was a big difference between each instructor. I always sweat like crazy and I know I'm getting a good heart-pumping workout. Considering I used to just go home and lay around and watch tv it has to be better than that. I know that, for me anyway, exercise does not mean weight loss and I say that because I started zumba classes the last week in January and was steadily gaining weight until we started our diet competition on June 14th. I could still tell a difference in muscle tone, so I know it was doing something, but I had a crazy appetite and was just eating way too much junk.

Anyway, I didn't mean to be so long winded. After tomorrow's weigh in we are having a big pot luck here at work with all kinds of goodies that none of us have been able to eat lol. We are taking one week off of our diets before we weigh in next Friday to start our next challenge. I'm so glad we are doing another one right away to keep us all motivated to lose more and not just gain it all back. I may try to change up my diet for the next challenge. I haven't decided yet. Maybe a week off my diet will make a difference.

Congratulations levoguette, only believe and lanabug on your weight losses!

I'm eventually gonna make it to the next thread and so will all of you. We can't give up!
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Mandy- I'm sorry you won't win this challenge, but perhaps the next one will be yours!

The scale is finally starting to go down. 266.2 today.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

I had a "bad dinner" so I am going to avoid the scale this morning. Might try tomorrow and see what I get.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Mandy, I'm so sorry to hear about your frustrations! I can understand though. Since you seem to have a short stall, I think that changing up your diet or exercise routine temporarily to see how it goes can't hurt! Maybe your body has gotten too used to the same routine. Let us know what you decide to do, and how it works out for you. Good luck!
justaloozer, congrats on your loss!
Mara, I'm sure it probably won't be as bad as you think! Although I would agree that sometimes avoiding the scale the next day can be a good thing.

Today, I'm down .1 of a pound... I guess I should be happy about it, but it doesn't really feel like enough of a loss to really make a difference. I'm going to try to get some cardio in today and hope it helps me get into the 250s by tomorrow!
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #260  
i lost my head awhile ago

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

I'm under my calories but my sodium intake is still pretty high. Other than that, I'm down another pound, so I'm happy about that! Currently 266.
Mori M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #261  

265.6 today! Almost back to ticker weight.

I'm freaking out. This weekend I am headed to visit some inlaws who only eat fatty foods. I have told my husband I will be buying some fruits/salad to take along but I know I can't live on that the whole 3 day weekend. I am trying to mentally prepare for an increase in the scale but I hate to think of regaining. AGAIN.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

252.4 this morning. I'm getting closer to those 240's and they sound so good to me!
Mandy, I know it sounds crazy but if I have a stall I have a good meal out to shake things up a bit, and usually it starts the weight loss going again. Nothing to crazy, and certainly not a whole cheat day, but a meal out with hubby that I enjoy and for that meal not thinking about trying to lose. I don't know if it will work for you, but I've seen where others say it works for them too.

Last edited by Only Believe; 08-30-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #263  

I'm 259.7 today!!! I guess lowering my carb intake by a slight bit, and eating a lower amount of calories for the last few days has been helping! Hopefully, my weight will continue its way down.
If the 259 sticks around tomorrow, that means I'll be officially 20 lbs down since starting my weight loss. Would it be too naive to hope to be within 15 pounds of Onederland by New Years?

Mori, justaloozer, and OnlyBelieve, congrats on your losses!

Justaloozer, hang in there! Just concentrate on filling up on vegetables / fruit, and maybe take small portions of the not-so-great available food choices, and drink lots of water! I'm sure if you practice something like this, it won't be too bad on Monday. If they question you, you could always mention that your doctor suggested you cut down on fatty foods? Maybe?

Last edited by levoguette; 08-30-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #264  

Nice job Only Believe!

Levoguette WTG! I don't think that being within 15lbs of Onederland is at all too much to strive for.

I think you are right about the water, small portions, etc. I just really hate bouncing between these numbers!
Old 08-31-2013, 04:03 AM   #265  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

My weight is being super finnicky! I normally only weigh once a week, but since the mini whoosh on Wednesday I can't help but hop on every day (or whenever I go to the bathroom and see the scale sitting there and get curious... shhhh). I wish I wasn't though, because it is hopping around everywhere between 250 and 252.5.. not exactly a HUGE gap to jump around in, but still, when I'm this close to breaking 250, the last thing I wanna see is a few pounds up!

That being said, I totally need to reign in my carb intake, because otherwise on Wednesday it really will be 252 or more. Haven't been paying a bit of attention what I've been eating for the past few days
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #266  

lanabug, your weight will fluctuate throughout the day depending on a variety of factors, food/water intake, exercise, etc. If you do decide to start weighing yourself daily, I would suggest trying to do so the same time every day, so the variety between the numbers doesn't frustrate you too much.

I calculated that if I lose 3.3 lbs per week, from now until New Years, I would be at 199. I think with the way my weight loves to bounce around, 3.3 may be a tiny bit too hopeful, but, I'm assuming that the lbs needed per week to get to 215 would be around 2-something which seems more possible.

Today, I was up on the scale by one pound but I believe that was water retention from trying out a new workout yesterday. What threw me off my plan today was... going shopping. I've told myself that I didn't want to buy new clothes until I lost more weight except for some necessities. Well, the time to finally buy a few needed new shirts came.... I LOVE clothes, but I have always hated shopping for them. I always leave in a bad mood or in tears because I can't find anything that looks nice on me or fits the right way.
I guess having lost weight this made it even worse this time for me to realize that although I'm not as big as I used to be two months ago, I'm still too big to shop at a lot of stores. I tried on this coat in XL (the biggest size the store carried), although it fit my arms and back, it was nowhere near closing in the front. So devastating, as always, to find out that I'm still too big to shop at regular stores.
Along with the shopping outing I went out to dinner, and I think due to being down about the shopping experience from earlier in the day, instead of making a smart choice with my order, I just ordered what I would have eaten before, a pan-fried chicken covered in a really rich sauce. And to top it all off, I ate the ENTIRE thing. I wouldn't consider myself an emotional eater, I don't turn to food when I'm depressed, I'm more of a snack when I'm bored type of person and made bad choices about the things I used to eat, but clothes shopping has a way of putting me down like nothing else. I feel like I had a "why bother, I'm always going to be fat" mentality. This meal is the only thing I ate off of plan today, so hopefully it won't be too bad, but I'm terrified of seeing the scale hike up tomorrow because I think I ate at least 1000cal in one sitting. So much for aiming for a 3.3 loss per week..
Old 08-31-2013, 11:16 PM   #267  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

That's very true, thanks for reminding me to keep that in mind because it's seriously driving me mad lol. I'm going to try to break the daily habit before it has a chance to form, because I feel much better in general when I only weigh in once a week - it's enough to make sure I'm on track, but infrequent enough that it's not on my mind 24/7.

215 is still a very good goal! I'm shooting for 2lbs a week because I don't want to let myself get too discouraged... I know I won't always hit 2lbs, but at least when I do, I won't feel like I failed because it wasn't enough, you know? I know exactly how you feel about the clothes shopping, I think I'm gonna love it when I'm down to a normal size, but right now, it seriously makes me cry every time... the worst part is standing in the plus size section with a frumpy ridiculously over printed item in hand, looking over at all the pretty average sized clothes that aren't covered in stupid patterns and sparkles. Like wtf did you think I want to draw even MORE attention to my body? I will never understand that. Maybe you didn't do the best on your diet today, but this isn't the end! Something I always have to repeat to myself when I slip off track that helps is "One bad meal won't make you fat, just like one salad won't make you skinny."
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Happy September 1st everyone
Another month to make progress toward our goals, and for any who've not done so well in August it's a fresh new start to get back on track.
I hit (and passed) my goal for August. I aimed for a 10 lb loss and even though it was rocky at times I lost 11.8 for the month.. Here's how it has added up for me since my start:

Start Weight toward the end of May: 295
lbs lost in May:3.4
lbs lost in June: 13 lbs
lbs lost in July: 15.6
1bs lost in Aug: 11.8
I'm going to aim for another 10 lbs for September. I may not hit it but I'm going to be less than this moment and that makes me happy. I'm happy to know that by the time this month is over I should be near the 230's.. haven't been that weight in years. Actually I don't think I've weighed what I weigh right now in several years. I can see myself getting somewhat smaller but I wish this fat tummy would shrink... LOL
I hear ya lanabug about the plus size clothing.. Why all the crazy patterns? Also I hate the very short sleeves on most tops, and why are some so thin you can see through them? I have a hard time finding decent clothing to wear, especially since I don't wear pants or shorts. It's hard for me to find modest clothing anymore.
I'm wishing us all a GREAT month ahead!

Last edited by Only Believe; 09-01-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #269  

lanabug, thank you for your kind words! And also, thank you for the quote! I will keep it in mind in the future.

OnlyBelieve, congrats on reaching your monthly goal and then some! WTG!

I weighed in at 259.9 today. At least it's down from yesterday, but I'm not sure whether to believe it or not! Lol. We'll see what it says tomorrow.
Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #270  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm going to jump in here since 2 days in a row now I have seen the 260s on the scale.

I'm just restarting this journey (almost 2 weeks in now). The other day I was looking at old posts from myself.. in 09, I was down to 220.. and that was just a few months after having my youngest son!!! I have spent the past 4 years "dieting" my way up to a weight not even hit in any of the times I was pregnant.. not even the one that was right on top of the one before! I am the Queen of Quitting, I never seem to make it more than 3 months. I then fall off the wagon, gain it all back and then some. I'm a classic example, sadly.

I have given myself the goal of staying on plan (counting calories and exercising every. single. day.) for the rest of the years.... a record breaking (for me anyway) 4 months.

My goal for this month is to lose 10 pounds, I weighed in yesterday at 269.8, today at 269.6.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote