Old 08-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

justaloozer: Congrats on your loss! Rooting for you to hit that mini-goal by the end of the week!

I haven't been counting my sodium intake, just try to keep it in the back of my mind. I've started to keep very close track to my carb/protein intake since I have a slight insulin resistance, so also calculating the sodium in everything I eat would probably drive me bonkers. I have looked at how much sodium is in most of the foods I eat on a daily basis, and it seems I would be at or around my daily intake unless I eat something different.

Yesterday, I had a few salted pretzel crackers (not a usual). Took a look at the box and I don't believe the amount of sodium should have made that big of a difference. I am pretty sure that I ate more carbs than I should have yesterday (still under budget, but not enough protein). So, I'm really not sure what to think! I'll just be sure to drink more water today and hope it reverts back down to anything below 263.9 by tomorrow.
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #182  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

hello! I made it into the 250s today!!! I feel ecstatic!!!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

I was 252.8 yesterday, so imagine my surprise at the scale this morning 255.2. I should have known it was coming. I had a strawberry milkshake last night. I do good on the weekdays. It is the weekends that I struggle with. I stay pretty active, but not as on top of food as I should be.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #184  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

hi chicks!
I saw 255 today, meaning I am no longer classed as morbidly obese haha. I don't usually pay much attention to bmi charts, but that is a good feeling. hope everyone has a good day!
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

I weighed in this morning at 259.2 that's up a few lbs from last weigh in. Some may be from 1 day of eating more than I should but I couldn't have gained that much but in just in case I changed my ticker weight.. ugggh I hated having to do that!

Last edited by Only Believe; 08-19-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

Well down to 249.4 will have to see if it sticks. I didn't eat enough of yesterday. Was short about 600 cal. I was so busy. My daughter is coming home from Newfoundland today. She was supposed to be home on aug 10 but one of the boats ran aground and had to be repaired. I told her I would paint her room while she was gone. She wanted strips on the wall. So I did stripes on the bottom half and will top them with a boarder. Well....It took about 6 hrs to tape the walls. I had to take many breaks cause it hurt so bad to sit cross-legged for so long. I was done by 11 pm. Then I started painting the stripes (a 3" stripe every 12") about 2 am. I cleaned my brushes at 6 am. So tired.

Anyway if the weight stays off then I guess I'll be heading on over to the 240s. Although I think it will be a few more days till it's official. Especially since I will be going out to dinner with my parents tonight before they go back to Newfoundland.
ainslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaloozer View Post
What site are you all using to calculate your bmi?
Here's a good one.
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

I'm going to try my best to hang on to the 250's even though my weight is up and soooo close to the 260's, I left those numbers and didn't intend (and still don't) to see them again. So I gotta do good today.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #188  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I was 252.8 yesterday, so imagine my surprise at the scale this morning 255.2. I should have known it was coming. I had a strawberry milkshake last night. I do good on the weekdays. It is the weekends that I struggle with. I stay pretty active, but not as on top of food as I should be.
Aw, I know it sucks to see the scale go back up. Try to remember this is a process and it's bound to have its ups and downs. If we stay on track and keep doing what we're doing, sooner than later we will reach our mini and long-range goals. You can get there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSMcC View Post
hi chicks!
I saw 255 today, meaning I am no longer classed as morbidly obese haha. I don't usually pay much attention to bmi charts, but that is a good feeling. hope everyone has a good day!
Congratulations!! I don't usually pay much attention to them either, and yet when I get close to a category shift on the bmi chart, I DO perk up. Hahaha. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Believe View Post
I weighed in this morning at 259.2 that's up a few lbs from last weigh in. Some may be from 1 day of eating more than I should but I couldn't have gained that much but in just in case I changed my ticker weight.. ugggh I hated having to do that!
Oh hon, I hear you. Just keep in mind that it takes about 3500 extra calories to put on 1 pound. So unless you ate a couple of times that amount, it's probably just water, 'waste', or something along those lines. It's bound to come off soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainslie View Post
Well down to 249.4 will have to see if it sticks. I didn't eat enough of yesterday. Was short about 600 cal. I was so busy. My daughter is coming home from Newfoundland today. She was supposed to be home on aug 10 but one of the boats ran aground and had to be repaired. I told her I would paint her room while she was gone. She wanted strips on the wall. So I did stripes on the bottom half and will top them with a boarder. Well....It took about 6 hrs to tape the walls. I had to take many breaks cause it hurt so bad to sit cross-legged for so long. I was done by 11 pm. Then I started painting the stripes (a 3" stripe every 12") about 2 am. I cleaned my brushes at 6 am. So tired.

Anyway if the weight stays off then I guess I'll be heading on over to the 240s. Although I think it will be a few more days till it's official. Especially since I will be going out to dinner with my parents tonight before they go back to Newfoundland.
Congratulations on reaching the 240s!!!
And oh my gosh, that sounds like quite the task!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #189  

Quote:
Here's a good one.
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

I'm going to try my best to hang on to the 250's even though my weight is up and soooo close to the 260's, I left those numbers and didn't intend (and still don't) to see them again. So I gotta do good today.
Me too!
259.7 lbs... too close for comfort.
I'll be rooting for ya!

Last edited by belovedspirit; 08-19-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #190  

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedspirit View Post
Me too!
259.7 lbs... too close for comfort.
I'll be rooting for ya!
Thank you! I'll be rooting for you too. We can do it!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #191  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Justaloozer - I haven't looked into actually "going" paleo all that much since I knew my DH would have complaints. I think it's amazing that there is a whole group of people living that lifestyle with success but I think I'd miss my bread and potatoes so badly. I'd definitely need a cleanse to begin. & Congrats on hitting a low weight! That's amazing that it's been 8 years. I knew you could do it!!! You'll destroy that next mini goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by levoguette View Post
My weight for the last few days has been fluctuating / staying at the same number, so it's been a bit frustrating for me.
Here are my numbers since the last time I posted:
8/14 - 263.4, 8/15 NWI, 8/16 - 263.7, 8/17 - 263.8, 8/18 - 263.4, and this morning a whopping 265.0 (too much sodium yesterday or maybe too many carbs? Or both, I don't know.. -sigh-).
If I wasn't fluctuating, I'd think something was wrong with me at this point. I'm trying to REALLLLYYYY watch my sodium intake and guzzle water all day. The scale can be such a let down.

belovedspirit - welcome to the 250s!!!!

Quote:
Weekends make it so hard for me to not cheat. We're trying really hard to stay away from food as a reward since that's where my mind still tries to go.
"I did so well this week, I deserve this treat." Which is what got me so fat to begin with. Good luck with flushing the extra off. I bet you'll be back down by Wednesday.

Quote:

You need a hug for all of that painting! Painting kills my back, but I love redecorating. Congrats on your loss! I knew you'd hit the next thread soon! So happy for you!

Quote:
Hated changing my ticker to reflect the bad, but it made me feel really good at the same time since I knew I'm being completely honest with myself and all of you. The accountability is key for me, I think. This way I won't cheat myself trying to fool anyone else. That's probably a lot of why I'm so heavy. I hid my eating so well. Those extra pounds will flush right off and then some. You're doing amazingly and you've come so far! Keep your chin up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSMcC View Post
hi chicks!
Woohoo!!! I'm going to measure my height so I can make sure I'm calculating my bmi correctly. I'm either .2 or .7 away from just being plain obese lol.

AFM: Drum roll pls..... I'm officially skinnier than I've been in over 2 years! I hit 251.2 today! I am so happy. Dh even did a cheer for me lol. I'm really doing this. I just keep having these random moments of realizing I'm not trying to convince myself to get healthy, I'm really doing it. I spent so much time convincing myself. I have a lot more free head time. Oh! & it was my next mini goal!

240s here I come!

Last edited by Nagazim; 08-19-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Thanks guys! We have a walking competition at work and I am so close to 250 miles. I have 222.7 and have this week and next week to finish it off. Hopefully flush those extra pounds off too.

Way to go Nagazim and Justaloozer!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #193  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedspirit View Post
hello! I made it into the 250s today!!! I feel ecstatic!!!
well done belovedspirit! that is an amazing achievement!

Quote:
i'm sure it will drop off, you cant have gained that much actual 'fat' from one day of eating, but I know how frustrating it can be to see a higher number.

Quote:

wow my daughter would love you, she has been bugging me to redecorate her room for ages, unfortunately she wants all new wallpaper, carpet and furniture and whilst I would if I could, I just cant afford it at the moment hopefully if you are heading to the 240's we will all be joining you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagazim View Post

AFM: Drum roll pls..... I'm officially skinnier than I've been in over 2 years! I hit 251.2 today! I am so happy. Dh even did a cheer for me lol. I'm really doing this. I just keep having these random moments of realizing I'm not trying to convince myself to get healthy, I'm really doing it. I spent so much time convincing myself. I have a lot more free head time. Oh! & it was my next mini goal!

240s here I come!
yay well done! I bet that felt amazing, and it will only get better seeing as you seem to be in the right frame of mind!

Quote:
Thanks guys! We have a walking competition at work and I am so close to 250 miles. I have 222.7 and have this week and next week to finish it off. Hopefully flush those extra pounds off too.
wow that's great mara, well done! let us know how you get on
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #194  
Starting out Huge

S/C/G: 255/244.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations everyone on keeping the motivation up on this thread! It's so great to log in here and see everyone in the same boat as me just hustling to lose pounds even if they're not coming off.

I have been counting calories for two weeks now and even though I haven't cheated on my daily goals, the weight is not coming down as I want it to. I've come, once again, to the saddest realization of them all...my body hates carbs. How can my mouth love something my body hates so much?

So I've resolved to take it to the next level and go on a ketogenic diet to get things moving. It's a sad thing for me, as I could live on pasta alone, but something has to give here and just counting calories is not doing it for me. So it's gonna be high protein and almost no carbs for a while, but hopefully that will get me moving out of the 250's and onto smaller numbers (and smaller clothes). Have a great Monday evening everyone. Much love!
mjmelwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I love the support on this thread!

For those that are not seeing the scale move, have you been measuring your body? Perhaps you are dropping inches even though the scale isn't changing.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote