Old 08-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the link, Only!

I need to have my husband measure my height. I am not sure how tall I am anymore.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #197  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmelwel View Post
Congratulations everyone on keeping the motivation up on this thread! It's so great to log in here and see everyone in the same boat as me just hustling to lose pounds even if they're not coming off.

I have been counting calories for two weeks now and even though I haven't cheated on my daily goals, the weight is not coming down as I want it to. I've come, once again, to the saddest realization of them all...my body hates carbs. How can my mouth love something my body hates so much?

So I've resolved to take it to the next level and go on a ketogenic diet to get things moving. It's a sad thing for me, as I could live on pasta alone, but something has to give here and just counting calories is not doing it for me. So it's gonna be high protein and almost no carbs for a while, but hopefully that will get me moving out of the 250's and onto smaller numbers (and smaller clothes). Have a great Monday evening everyone. Much love!
I hope it works out well for you. Keep us updated on the things you're finding that you really like. I'm interested in high protein since I went years with not eating very much meat at all other than fast food chicken (which turns out is 'meat like substances'). We eat a lot of turkey burger variations of things now. Good luck!

I'm excited about measuring on the 1st of Sept. I can really tell a difference in the way my stomach looks and feels. I feel deflated if that makes sense. Like I can actually suck in now. Happy times. Dh measured my height today and I'm 5'6.5" so I'm .2 from being regular obese
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 275.4/258.6/200

Height: 5'1"

Ack! my weight is up! I guess that extra weightloss was water weight. Ok, 262 is where I am at! ugh!
NJChick78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Weighed in at 264.2 today, it's .8 down from yesterday, but still .8 above the day before. Sad to be "re-losing" what I had already lost.
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #200  

Hubby measured me and I am a full inch taller than I thought!

My BMI is no longer in the MO category! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #201  
Starting out Huge

S/C/G: 255/244.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Lol Justaloozer way to get off on a technicality there!

I'm about to weigh in and hoping something has changed for the better...Down a bit! Back at 252.5. Keto day 2 here we come.
mjmelwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #202  

Yay for growing! Haha!

WTG on the loss MJ!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

I am down to 254.8. I feel like a yoyo.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #204  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaloozer View Post
Hubby measured me and I am a full inch taller than I thought!

My BMI is no longer in the MO category! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what I expected to do was have gained an inch since I know I haven't measured my height since I was around 16. So it could have gone either way. Nope, 5'6.5" and looking leaner hahah I keep talking about how skinny I am. I'm hoping to psych my mind into thinking I'm a thin person. Dream it, be it!

Sorry so many are going up and down. I did that for 3 weeks straight then goofed and had to relose 5 lbs. It's so nerve wracking when you feel like you've already been this number, and want new numbers.

251 lbs today! New low! I will happy dance for days once I hit under 250. Haven't seen 240anything in about 3+ years. I can do it!

Have a great Tuesday!
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #205  

justaloozer: Congrats on leaving the MO category! Nice little surprise! I'm a few pounds away, only 2-3 I believe, can't wait to get there.

nagazim: Congrats on your loss! You'll be in the 240s in no time!

A bit of a NSV today, despite the frustration with the scale.
I wear two different brands of jeans, Style&Co and Michael Kors (who both have wonderful plus size clothes!), Style runs a bit bigger than most it seems (ie: they're 18's would really be 20s in another brand). Anyhoo, I was able to comfortably fit into my size 18 MK's today! The last time I remember wearing a size 18 in that brand was 2 years ago.
I also tried on a pair of size 16 Style jeans and they zip up although they're a bit too tight. So I'm sure in a few weeks, I'll be able to officially say I wear a size 16/18. Can't wait!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #206  
Starting out Huge

Ah new sizes...that's a great feeling. I didn't know MK made plus sized clothing! I'm sooooooo anxious to get out of these 18's and back into some of my smaller pants. Like Levoguette said, it's tough losing pounds you already lost once. I have a very long way to go to get back to the smallest I was a few years ago, but I'm anxious to do it.

Yesterday after 1 day of a super, ultra low carb diet, I was down .9 on the scale after over a week of the scale not cooperating, so I'm taking it as a sign that I'm doing the right thing for my body right now. Luckily cheese is low carb and boursin makes a sinful cranberry pepper cream cheese that is to die for and I can eat it without feeling bad.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #207  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmelwel View Post
Ah new sizes...that's a great feeling. I didn't know MK made plus sized clothing! I'm sooooooo anxious to get out of these 18's and back into some of my smaller pants. Like Levoguette said, it's tough losing pounds you already lost once. I have a very long way to go to get back to the smallest I was a few years ago, but I'm anxious to do it.

Yesterday after 1 day of a super, ultra low carb diet, I was down .9 on the scale after over a week of the scale not cooperating, so I'm taking it as a sign that I'm doing the right thing for my body right now. Luckily cheese is low carb and boursin makes a sinful cranberry pepper cream cheese that is to die for and I can eat it without feeling bad.
They do! I have found MK in the woman's section of some Macy's (it seems like some carry them, some don't) and they have a lot of good pieces.
I have also noticed eating less carbs or planning out how I eat my carbs has helped stalls for me. I believe I have a bit of insulin resistance. If you haven't already, I would read up on it, it seems to be pretty common when overweight. That's why some will still eat calories so that they should be losing weight and will still gain or not lose at all.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #208  

WTG Nagazim! You will see the 240s in no time! Dream it, be it! Love it! I need to keep saying that to myself.

Levoguette I love NSVs almost as much as SV! Congrats on getting into smaller clothes!

Yay for a loss MJ!

My scale was up .8 today but I have noticed this trend the morning after I run. Tomorrow it should be back down.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Woot! Woot! Nagazim!

Yay Levoguette! Smaller sizes are such uplifting things.

MJ the cream cheese sounds amazing. Yum

Awesome job with the running justaloozer.

I am down to 253.4 this morning. Fingers crossed that I keep going down. I don't want to see 255 anymore.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #210  
Starting out Huge

Day 3 of keto and I have to say goodbye to my lovelies in this group, but I know you'll all be joining me in the 240's soon. 248.1 today! It was a huge lowering on the scale and I've been hoping and praying for just that. I really want to stick tightly to my diet and exercise and see that continuing to go down.

Thank you all for being the first group I joined. I can't wait to see you all progressing downwards!