Old 08-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks Only
ainslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #167  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Congrats everyone on your weight losses! I'll have to check to see if I'm still in the morbidly obese category. I didn't even think I was getting close to getting out of it yet.

mjmelwel - Hang in there and it will come down. I know it's frustrating. We've all been there.

Today was our official weigh in and I came in at 252.2, so basically the same as yesterday, which I am very happy with. That is 6 pounds down this week. Last week I stayed the same because I had gained and then re-lost it. I hope I have another good week. Just two more weigh ins and that's it for this challenge at work. I really want that money lol. I'm in second place now. I'm exactly 1% behind first place. I need to lose 3 pounds just to catch up and she has not had one week where she hasn't lost so I will have to lose more than 3 pounds to pass her. If I can lose another 6 pounds this week I might be able to get into first place. Any tips guys? Someone mentioned laxatives, but I'm worried it could backfire by dehydrating me and then my body start holding onto water afterwards. I guess if I did it the night before the last weigh in it might work lol.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainslie View Post

Thanks Only
Glad I could help.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Congrats onlybeleive and ainslie!!!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #170  

Mandydawn you are the same height as me and a pound less. Congratulations you are no longer morbidly obese. Laxatives do pull water from your system in order to work. If you really want you can try something stronger. There is something called citro-mag. It's used for clearing the bowel before like a scope. You drink the whole bottle and it clears you right out. If you read the label it will tell you how long it take to produce action. But I wouldn't do it often. But I have used it in a simalar situation. It's not a permanent thing but it may tip the scales so to speak in your favour. Good luck.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

So after reading your posts about no longer being morbidly obese I had to check mine. I am at 39.1! So just obese now. Woohoo!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #172  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Don't give in mjmelwel! It'll be so worth it once you get a big whoooosshhhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandydawn77 View Post
Today was our official weigh in and I came in at 252.2, so basically the same as yesterday, which I am very happy with. That is 6 pounds down this week. Last week I stayed the same because I had gained and then re-lost it. I hope I have another good week. Just two more weigh ins and that's it for this challenge at work. I really want that money lol. I'm in second place now. I'm exactly 1% behind first place. I need to lose 3 pounds just to catch up and she has not had one week where she hasn't lost so I will have to lose more than 3 pounds to pass her. If I can lose another 6 pounds this week I might be able to get into first place. Any tips guys? Someone mentioned laxatives, but I'm worried it could backfire by dehydrating me and then my body start holding onto water afterwards. I guess if I did it the night before the last weigh in it might work lol.
Usually, once a month I take extra fiber several times a day just to help me not feel so miserable. I don't know why I've been having so many issues with constipation. I'm eating pretty clean. Should be doing the job on it's own. I guess my body misses the chub, HA!

AFM: I'm .2 away from NOT being morbidly obese. So I'm still apart of the 'really' big girls club Speaking of which, we didn't have a good check up today for my 3 yr old son. I've been cleaning out my kitchen of junky foods and processed gook since March. It's been a slow process, but I've finally gotten it all into versions that I'm proud of. Well, the nutritionists today said my 3 yr old is obese. Their chart has to be seriously screwed up on wanting children starving since he's not even a little fat. You couldn't even call him chubby. He's an active rowdy little boy that I have to make sit still long enough to eat and she just kept throwing the word obese right at him. It really upset me. She was staring me up and down (meaning I'm a fatty, so he is too). She was bigger than I am too! I was shocked that she was throwing her message of healthy foods rule when she knows good and well she's eating plenty. I told her I had been dieting and had the whole family eating healthy so I didn't appreciate her treating me like I'm too stupid to care about my child's health. It was pretty snarky of me but she was treating me like I'm a moron that doesn't understand cake isn't a meal. I get it. And if my son was hefty and hard to pick up or move and had fat roles, I would understand her concern. She said he needed to be on a diet. I asked her, "Which do you want me to eliminate 'vegetables or fruit?'" Since that's what he eats. It was just annoying and made me feel like a loser.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #173  

Here's info on BMI Classifications < 18.5underweight ,18.5–24.9 normal weight, 25.0–29.9 overweight, 30.0–34.9 class I obesity, 35.0–39.9 class II obesity, ≥ 40.0**class III obesity.**The surgical literature breaks down class III obesity into further categories, though the exact values are still disputed.[9]Any BMI ≥ 35 -39.9 is*severe obesity. A BMI of 40–44.9 is*morbid obesityA BMI of ≥ 45 is*super obese. This is from wikipedia.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #174  
Momof4

Well at least I'm not and never have been "super obese." Obesity just sucks. That we even let ourselves get there is bad. I'm just happy we're all turning it around.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:24 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 239/165/132

Height: 5'5.5

Hopping over from the other thread to offer some consolation Nagazim. you know that you're on the right track so turn a deaf ear AND a blind eye to what these people do or say to you. i know it can be difficult, especially when doctors treat you like you're ignorant. I had a medical check up 3 weeks ago and after measuring my height and weighing me AND consulting their charts the doctor and nurse literally shouted at me that i was OBESE. I was like really, IM FAT??????? lolllll,,, (i hope they got the sarcasm) I then said yes, I KNOW but ive lost weight and will continue losing. But the doctor kept throwing at me what i need to eliminate from my diet, "don't eat sugar, dont eat bread, dont eat junk food" he was sneering at me and was so condescending. i lost it and shouted back "ive lost 25 lbs!!!! thats what ive been trying to tell you if you let me speak!!!!! im on a weight loss journey and obviously i need time to get this weight off, but i understand nutrition quite a lot so please, save your energy." they closed their mouths after that. my husband was very supportive and backed me up..... i felt a bit bad but then i told myself that i knew i was doing the right thing and will continue to do so. so you just do your thing and tune out the negativity from around
hamlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

What site are you all using to calculate your bmi?

Mandy, 6lbs in one week?! AWESOME!!!!!

Nagazim, I'm sorry about your pediatrician visit. I would be livid at her fake concern and condescending tone.

LOL at the sarcasm Hamlette!

AFM, I am at 267.8 today! :broccoli: I had a family fun day yesterday and packed a SALAD! Skipped the deli meats that everyone else ate. I did have a kiddie portion sized ice cream (that I worked into my calories!) and totally skipped the fried dough. The scale thanked me today!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #177  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

hi chicks!
reading all your posts about bmi got me curious, I calculated mine as 40.09, so I am still morbidly obese. I don't know which word sounds worse, morbidly or obese. anyway, I only have one more pound to go to drop the morbidly, so wanted to say thanks for giving me a new reason to celebrate the next pound I lose!
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #178  
Momof4

Thanks for the support. I'm over the bad pedi visit now. I know she was trying to come from a good place and if I saw a fat Mom with a potentially fat kid, I may try to encourage healthy eating in hopes of saving them both. She just went about it all the wrong way.

So my cousin and his wife have been "paleo" since last March. They're both loving it. I wouldn't dare try something like that unless DH was 100% on board. He doesn't like the idea of cutting grains. He says, "Why would anyone think they should cut a whole chunk of the food pyramid out when people have been eating that portion for hundreds of years. We need grains." So I told him he could bring me back his evidence of why he's right. It's not that I think he's wrong, it's just more helpful when he researches plans and ideas out with me. We went "toxic free" last September. So all of the cleaning supplies and personal hygiene items in the house are made by me out of different variations of the same couple ingredients. I really like the idea that my children could literally lick the floors, without worry. It's given me peace of mind. Since January we've been "cleaning" our pantry as well. So most items that are store bought "junky" foods claim to be healthy too. A lot of it has been swapping to whole wheat versions of old favorites.

Well now I just feel like we've gotten all of this under control, maybe we should go even cleaner. I suppose I'll never be satisfied.

Anyone interested in the toxic stuff in regular household (and even advertised 'Green') cleaners and personal care items, look up the documentary Chemerical. I found it on Netflix. It may even be on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTUZZp0m_0
Here's the trailer.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. I was still at 253.0 this morning. Hoping for less tomorrow!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Mandy: I don't have any tips to share, but I want to wish you good luck with your work weight loss competition! I'm sure your extra efforts will pay off! Six pounds in a week is a wonderful accomplishment! Congrats!

Nagazim: I'm so sorry you had to go through that with your son's doctor. How frustrating! I can't stand it when doctors treat patients that way, I've had many similar experiences myself. It can be appalling!

My weight for the last few days has been fluctuating / staying at the same number, so it's been a bit frustrating for me.
Here are my numbers since the last time I posted:
8/14 - 263.4, 8/15 NWI, 8/16 - 263.7, 8/17 - 263.8, 8/18 - 263.4, and this morning a whopping 265.0 (too much sodium yesterday or maybe too many carbs? Or both, I don't know.. -sigh-).
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Nagazim have you ever heard of the Whole30? It is a cleanse, one people sometimes do before going paleo. I have done it one full round (from May to June) and I loved it (once I got past the initial discomfort of sugar withdrawal). Now I eat mostly clean (fruits, veggies, meat) but I do allow myself a sandwich with bread or some ice cream once in a while. I have/had a major sugar addiction (can you guess why I got fat?) and focusing on eating clean is what helps me battle it.

Levo ugh! Sorry for the gain. Do you count your sodium? I always have a gain when I go over.

AFM: 267 this morning! This is the LOWEST I have been in over 8 years. 2lbs from my mini goal! I suspect I will be hitting goal at some point this week!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote