Old 08-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #76  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

It was a sad, sad day for me with the scales. It shows I've gained a little over 4 pounds!!! I did not do that bad over the weekend. In fact I was rather proud of myself yesterday. It was my son's birthday and he chose the Olive Garden for dinner. I had the venetian apricot chicken with grilled asparagus and steamed broccoli and I got the sauce on the side and just dipped the corner of each bite of chicken in it, so I didn't even have much sauce. I totally stayed away from the appetizers and breadsticks. I did have salad, but took the croutons out. I cut and served the cake and didn't even lick my fingers, totally stayed away from the cake. After zumba I had a bowl of boiled yellow squash with rotel and that was it. Besides my coffee and a spoonful of peanut butter for breakfast. I will weigh in tomorrow and if it's still up I will change it on my stats. I didn't do great Friday or Saturday, but I didn't eat anything off my plan, just went over on the calories. You would think if I was going to gain it would have been during TOM and not after geez!

Anyway, I hope you guys are having a better day than I am. I'm being extra, extra good today and hopefully it will show soon.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Don't worry Mandy, it looks like you did great! congrats for avoiding the cake, sweets are totally my weakness! Olive garden is HORRIBLE for sodium for I am sure it is only water retention. Give it a few days and drink down plenty of water!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Ooh I love the OG! The salad and breadsticks. Yummy but bad.

Pnkrck I forgot to say good luck on the interview.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #79  

Thanks Mara! I am still waiting to find out when it will be from the manager... I did however just hear back from an on campus position asking me to come in tomorrow at 2pm so now I have TWO interviews! YAY!

I kind of prefer the on-campus job as I live on campus, a 10 minute walk to the student center is so much easier than a 20 min drive across town and will likely be more OK with me studying during quiet times lol
Old 08-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #80  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Unhappy still up 4 pounds

Well I changed my settings to reveal my true weight I was hoping it would at least go down some, but it only came down a few ounces. I'm so depressed. I have been going over on my sodium, but I've been doing my zumba classes 4 days a week and then this morning I did some power walking for 30 minutes. If it doesn't go down by the time I officially weigh in on Friday I'm really going to be upset. I was under on my calories yesterday and that's without adding in the extra calories for exercise. I drank lots of water yesterday, but I guess it still wasn't enough. I will try to drink more today and keep my calories down again. I didn't want to go back to the 260's grrrr
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #81  

Yay for two interviews! Fingers crossed pnkrck!

Mandydawn I am sure it will come off in a whoosh. Keep driving ahead.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone.. I wish I could respond to your postings but I gotta read/post and run
I lost the .2 gain from yesterday and that's it. I was expecting more because I was sooo busy yesterday and I did a few minutes on my new Elliptical. Oh wow it's tough. For some reason I thought it would be easy.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #83  

Mandy I am SURE it will flush off, it just may take a few days. For me I tend to see a few more ounces everyday for 5-7 days. just keep drinking your water, maybe add some lemon juice to it Also keep in mind that a new exercise also can cause water retention as your muscles get used to the new 'routine' so to speak. If you have sore muscles, than you are retaining water in them for healing. Just stay strong! Remember that you DID NOT eat 3500x4+maintenance (+/-16400 cals) so there is no possible way that that weight is anything but a fluctuation!!!

Today I am down to 250.6 again, hopefully the last .4 and maybe some additional will flush out tomorrow.

have a great OP day everyone!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #84  

So the interview here on campus went well I believe. She said she has a few more interviews set up and should get back to me by monday.

Still haven't heard from the second job to set up the interview so we shall see what happens with that.

In WL news, Went to the gym today and theyre AC was broken! I did it all anyways, but it was 85 degrees inside ick!
Old 08-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #85  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Mandy - I'm going to have to change my ticker tomorrow too

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat View Post
Mandy I am SURE it will flush off, it just may take a few days. For me I tend to see a few more ounces everyday for 5-7 days. just keep drinking your water, maybe add some lemon juice to it Also keep in mind that a new exercise also can cause water retention as your muscles get used to the new 'routine' so to speak. If you have sore muscles, than you are retaining water in them for healing. Just stay strong! Remember that you DID NOT eat 3500x4+maintenance (+/-16400 cals) so there is no possible way that that weight is anything but a fluctuation!!!

have a great OP day everyone!
Even though it wasn't directed to me, this made me feel a little better. I'm having a rough patch I guess. We went on a mini vacation over the weekend and I really did attempt to stay on plan. So it was eating out every meal. Friday's meals weren't great... we even had pizza for Dinner. I had 3 pieces so Saturday morning I chose Subway and had their egg white wrap. (it was reallllyyy good too!) Saturday was spent walking around a giant market for 4+ hours pushing a double baby stroller so I felt like I made up for my booboo by sweating until my clothing was soaked. Sunday was a pot luck meal at church but I was a good girl.

Anyways I'm confessing all of that to say I was on plan yesterday (other than the smore I splurged on) and weighed this morning to see the damages. It says I've gained 5 LBS!
I'm so tired of this serious gain happening every other week. I think I may need to adjust my calories per day or something. I'm not having steady losses. I should be losing easily over a month's time but it's not being very much change. I also will start weighing every morning again. I think it helps me stay more accountable at night time when I know I'm getting on the scale the next morning. I'm seriously sad. My mom cooked us supper tonight. She made fried chicken and French fries. I brought my own grilled chicken and chose tomatoes instead of fries. I can do this. No more vacation/holiday cheats. I'm going to try to add lemon to my water and just drink like a mad woman.

The lose it app allows me 1756 calories per day. I usually exercise at least 300 cals back off, but don't eat them back. Does this sound like too many calories for the day?

Last edited by Nagazim; 08-06-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #86  
Momof4

I've been talking with my dh and after a little research, I've decided to swap from the Lose it app to the Myfitnesspal app. MFP gives me 1470 for the day. So I'll see how that goes. Does anyone else use either app? The lose it app is off on exercise a lot. Like only saying 200 cals burned when other sites and apps give 350+ cals burned. So I've been a little worried about it. I just want consistent change. Even with a treat every now and then, still there should be changes.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #87  

Nagazim I use mfp with the same username if you want to add me.

I honestly don't believe calorie counts for exercising alot of the time, but since I rarely if ever eat them back I don't worry about it.

It really sounds like you did well this weekend, 3 slices of pizza is 6-900 calories unless you got super deep dish covered in meat or something. So it really is just sodium. The problem with treating yourself by eating out (even when you are within calories!) is it will always cause water fluctuations of some sort. 1 meal will up me by 2 or 3 lbs, multiple over a weekend can add 5+ easy, but it flushes out over a few days as well.

What I might recommend if you are going back to daily weighing is writing it down or creating a chart or something, that way you can see the patterns.

We get pizza alot at a build your own pizza place, I always am within my cals or off by 100 or less (thats my buffer) and I weigh every day and write it down so mine tends to be down, down, down, new low, low holds (eat out), +2, down, down, down, low, new low. I am actively losing that entire time but it is masked due to the water fluctuations between weight lifting at the gym (sore muscles hold water) and water fluctuations from eating out. the fluctuations would probably drive me CRAZY but I picked up on the pattern by tracking myself daily so it doesn't really bug me.

It also means I don't change my ticker up, only down, unless I did something like go so far off plan for enough time that I KNOW a gain DID occur.

*HUGS* to you and feel proud at how well you did!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #88  
Momof4

pnk - I'll try to add you in a moment. Will the MFP app not chart out each daily weigh in? Lose it did, so that's what I was planning to go by. I'm sad since I can't figure out how to override it to June 1st 275lbs weight. So I can see my trend thus far. But at least I'm starting it now, so it'll track the rest of my journey. I originally began using lose it when my Aunt told me about it. Now that I think about it, she's been going months with no weight change. I bet lose it has her more set up for maintenance levels and not weigh loss levels. I'll have to tell her my thoughts on it tomorrow night.
Even with the new lower calorie levels, I've stayed within budget and even have about 300 to spare for tonight if I want them. I'm peeing like crazy since I'm trying to really drink water to hopefully flush some of this salt out. There's just no way I could have truly gained 5lbs. 2 maybe, but even that's a stretch. Sweet baby Jesus give me a loss tomorrow (from today's weight).

Speaking of sore muscles retaining water, since I walk on my treadmill every day I can really customize my walk. Should I be walking fast enough that my legs "feel" it? Like not hurting but that tight "push yourself" feeling? Or should I just walk fast enough that I'm sweating but not "feeling" it? Does this make sense?
When I began walking about 4 weeks ago, I couldn't go but 2.5mph and that was hurting some. So I went 2.5 for 20 mins the first night then pushed it to 25 the next night and kept that but raising the mph in the last 10 mins to 2.7. So slowly around every 4 days or so I would increase the mph. Now I walk 45 mins at 3.2mph but I REALLY feel it. It doesn't hurt but it's to where I don't focus as much on my little movie playing and more on how my legs feel. This is what I should do right? And once 3.2 is easier, I'll bump it to 3.4.

To me working harder should be better, but I don't want sabotage myself by constantly having sore muscles or something. They don't hurt, but I can feel it.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #89  

Glad the interview went well pnkrck! Hope you hear something soon.

I made it back down to 253.4.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #90  

Nagazim I would say that as long as you are feeling it while you are doing it that is sufficient for cardio. with weight training it is different and that what usually makes me sore personally. You are likely still retaining water in your legs from the exercise but if you are increasing at a steady weight and aren't sore I would think you would retain the same amount on a steady basis as well. I am NOT an expert however so I can't guarantee what I am saying, I am just basing it off my own experiences over the last few years. MFP should chart your losses if you update your weight daily, I really don't update it daily, in fact it still thinks I am at 244 from awhile ago lol They recently changed the layout of mfp so I am not 100% sure where everything is, but if you go to check in near the bottom of the page is a link that says "edit previous entries" and you should beable to use that to add old data from lose it! Once everything is added the chart can be seen in REPORTS and it gives you options from 7 days to a year... I've been doing this for 3 and a half years so I wish it showed longer lol

Mara Fingers crossed!

Well everyone, the inevitable has finally happened! 249.4!!!! so I shall be heading on to the 240s thread... but I will still check in here and chat with you all if you will have me