Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-25-2004, 01:40 PM   #271  

You guys are goigd sooooooo great and I will be back tonight for a longer post. Just wanted to say hi and don't forget me. I realized I didn't post yesterday!!!!

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:28 PM   #272  

Hello girls.. just checking in. I got up this morning and the scale is still moving...I am just praying it does not stop.....not yet....I just want to enjoy the ride for a little while.

I didn't work out yesterday. I simply did not feel like it. I got dressed to go to the gym, but that did not work either .....oh well. I am dressed again for the gym, right now and I keep procrastinating...I am supposed to go today on my lunch hour which is right now. I will go to the gym, I will go to the gym, I will go to the gym........hmmmm...not working yet.

Anyway, Hula...I also thought your picture was great. You brought up body image...you know the funniest thing......my biggest problem has been a distorted body image in the opposite way. I just stopped looking in the mirror and kept thinking I was as thin as I used to be....one day, it was like my eyes opened and I almost had to vomit at what had happened to me (nope, I mean what I had done to myself). How come when you get down in the dumps and get lower self esteem, we make it worse by not taking care of oursleves? I wish I understood that about me. Why I EVER let myself get to this I am still simply clueless ...I actually cry about it sometimes because I just can't believe how little I must have cared about ME.

I guess the good thing about the process of dieting is exactly that - it is a process - that allows us time to build and build and rebuild that self esteem that we lose when we stop taking care of ourselves...so perhaps it's good we are all fighting the speed of the scale...it is making each of us stronger....hey so when the scale doesn't move, we are getting empowered...now there is a positive way to look at it.

Well, I AM going to go to the gym now ...I will check in later.

Have a great day EVERYONE!
hugs and purrs,
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:46 PM   #273  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Despite all my planning I wasn't such a good girl last night. I ate a little more than I should have, but much less than I *normally* would have. So as a little reality check I stepped on the scale this morning and it showed +5 lbs from YESTERDAY! OK <deep breath> I know that's not right, but HOLY COW! I've spend the day trying to figure out whether to just eat like a madwoman since this just isn't working for me, or stay OP and ride this out. Since it's almost 4:00 now and I haven't pigged out yet, I'll just stay OP and see what happens. (I think this is the first time indecision has ever worked in my favor!)

I'm going to take my lunch break now and do WATP hoping that motivates me to behave. I'll 'fess up tomorrow!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:34 PM   #274  

Default You might want to just skip over this post..its long

Okay it was waaaayyy too long and I didn't think you girls deserved to have to listen to my stupid depression so I have copied and pasted it to my journal.

I am spent and can't write any more right now. I hope everthing is great for you guys right now. I am feeling like crap and think I will go and have a bath.

Night

Dale
Old 03-25-2004, 08:36 PM   #275  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Good evening, it is I, the Great Sweaty One, just back from my travels around the world. I have been ridding it of evil...such as saddlebags, flabby arms, poochey bellies, wide hineys, etc. Join me in my quest!

Okay, so it's just me, sitting here sweating up a storm from walking all the way around town, twice. Mind you our town only has about 600 people and around town twice is only 2.6 miles. But, I did it and I feel GOOD! I did my workout weight tape this morning, and had almost talked myself into not going. But, my hubby said, "You'll be sorry if you don't go." ...so I went. I found that I almost like the walk as much as my tapes...IF I can take my walkman and a CD that I burned with the SH-- music that I listened to in high school. It has a bunch of Prince (before he was the artist formerly known as Prince), Sheena Easton, Michael Jackson, Sheila E., Morris Day and the Time, etc. I love it! I just hope the townsfolk couldn't hear me singing along to some of the songs. Sometimes I forget that I am walking through the middle of town and decide to sing along. Not a good thing!

Thanks for the snack ideas. I am not really sticking to any plan. I am just trying to modify my eating, and the booze. Me and Anheuser Busch are best buddies, and I am sure that they have shown a significant profit loss since this challenge has started. I have been eating a lot of salads and fruits and trying to stay away from the processed foods and bread.

Mahtha, hang in there!!! Don't give into the temptation! You can do it. And I binged for St. Patty's and had the same scale gain you are seeing. I think some of it is water weight from salty snacks. It will come back off. Be strong!

AZ - I can relate to the distorted body thing. I didn't think I looked THAT bad until I finally had some film from Christmas processed and went HOLY SH--!!! When did that happen? Hope you had fun at the gym.

Deenie - It'll happen for us....soon hopefully. That rotten scale will have to give in and show a loss. Also, an alternative I love instead of so sooooo much water is Lipton's Diet peach flavored instant tea. It's easy to make and tastes pretty good.

Hula - I love those inspirational quotes! Where do you get them all from?

Dew - I bought some of the cheesey rice cakes since I have been craving crunchy food. Did eat a little more today...good stuff...but It's seven thirty and my stomach isn't growling. That's a relief. Also, my weight is mostly from bottom of rib cage to mid thighs. I have a sizable pooch ( and I don't mean like Scooby Doo or Marmaduke!) That is what I am wanting to get rid of the most.

Well, laundry calls and I must take leave of you all. Have a good night!

Last edited by boatingmommy; 03-25-2004 at 09:42 PM.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:57 PM   #276  

Default Just checking in for the evening!

Hi all,
Hope everyone had a great day. Weekend is approaching again and I can't believe it is already weigh in for week 4.

AZKitty-Your post really touched me. Weight is such a deep issue for a lot of people and it's not about just being skinny. You're so right, this is about feeling good and taking care of ourselves because we DESERVE it. And we will do this because we care about ourselves. Thank you for bringing up such critical points like the process we're going thru and EMPOWERMENT!!!

Boating-You know, you should be a writer! You have a way of capturing the funniest visuals in your writing. I'm totally familiar with your h.s. music! I have seen both Prince & Morris Day in concert more than once. (haha, remember "Jungle Love" and "C-O-O-L"?") Shiela E. is still very popular in the Bay Area since her whole family is basically in the music scene (Pete Escovedo, etc.) Sure brings back memories!

Mahtha-Don't feel bad, no one can top my debacle last week. I'm sure you did well for the rest of today. Just keep plugging along, you're doing great.

Trixi-We are here for you and no post is too long! This challenge is about support and not just our "weighty" issues. Hope you're feeling better.

Good night FDC's.
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 07:34 AM   #277  

Talking It Moved!!!!

FINALLY!!! 2 lbs!!! I feel like gollum after getting back the precious!! Good grief I thought I was stuck forever!! I'm back to feeling like it IS working!

As for pictures- I don't even try to have mine taken anymore, unless I can hid behind the kids for family pics. One of my goals is to have a family picture taken this summer with both Hubby and I looking MUCH better than we have in years!

I don't think I'll ever be skinny, but I would like to be able to shop in the ladies section again, instead of the Plus..a size 14 would be nice and probably about as thin as I could get. When I was in High School I was at my smallest my softmore year- 157lbs and a 12/14 thanks to the cabbage soup diet..No way I'm going THAT route again.

Trixie- Don't be afraid to ramble...it's what helps get us thru, knowing that we aren't alone in this fight- maybe you are feeling the same way as somebody else at the same time.

Well gals I guess that's all for now- I'll try and check in later today..

HAPPY FRIDAY!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 09:41 AM   #278  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Hula - I usually stay between 20-30 carbs per day. But a biggie for me is if the cravings get too large (in my mind, of course) then I have a LITTLE something. Then get right back on plan. The types of low carb things I eat:

green beans, strawberries, cauliflower, broccoli, blueberries, raspberries, salad, cheese, bacon, mostly all meets, nuts-except peanuts and cashews (but this is personal choice), string cheese is a good snack to have around, cabbage, salad, pork rinds...hmmm, If I think of more I'll let you know. I think one of the biggest things was no sugar for two weeks during induction. Now, anything with too much sugar makes me sick! I think that is definitely a good thing. I can usually only down a couple of peices of chocolate and I know I have to stop or I will be violently ill! So occaisionally I have one or two then I'm done! Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble on so!

Deenie - You might be right about the walking. I can definitely tell a difference since the DR took me off running for two weeks! I can't wait to get back at it on Tuesday!!

Dale -

Kitty - That is a wonderful way to look at it. I know it seems difficult for me right now. I can't remember the last time I looked in the mirror and ACTULLY thought I was even remotely pretty. I am feeling better about myself this time around though. The last time I lost the weight I don't think I did it JUST FOR ME. This time...that is the ONLY reason I'm doing it! Although I still don't think that woman in the mirror staring back at me is very attractive...I'm working on it!

Mahtha - It will happen! I think we all do a bit of searching on the web about this whole weight loss issue. The one thing I have found common in all the weight loss stories is that the people who lost stuck with it and had a great support system. You can stick with it and we will be your support system! Go Mahtha Go Mahtha Go Mahtha

Boating and Trixi -

Liss - You CAN be skinny! I think you have a great goal in mind, but I also believe in you that you can do whatever you want! Congratulations on the loss!!

Well, I'm very happy with the way my diet is going. BUT I'm even happier that my hubby is finally showing a loss. He has lost 5 pounds this week. He started Atkins induction last wed and he is a scale watcher. So he has been on the scale every day except one since he started. He was so depressed for the 1st 5 days that showed nothing. I thought he was going to give up. But it is finally happening for him this week! Whew! Now he is determined as ever. Anyone relate to that feeling? Well, I have a jam-packed weekend as usually, so I probably won't be back around til Sunday night or monday. Try not to give me too much catching up to do. Hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, !!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:08 AM   #279  

I feel much better today...I will post yestersday journal and show you how long it was....I had a rotten day. But I am fine now...just needed to vent..........here's the post.

this is going to be a long one......

Yesterday was great for me I kept OP and felt good about the world and today ( well the world can just bite me) It was the longest day of my life at work and everything that could go wrong did. I got into a arguement with a co-worker and that was at nine in the morning. She came right up to me and said "I really have a problem with you" in front of other co-workers. I calmy told her "let's talk about this in private. The girl is on a huge power trip and I guess I just got sick of it. I work my butt off with that law firm and she wants to talk about how people friggin e-mail complaints to her!!! I mean not only do they e-mail me but I am the one the does all the case work and the follow ups and she has the nerve to tell me her e-mails a couple of times a week stress her out. I blew my lid at her (in a very professional way) I pretty much told her I don't care how stressfull her job is and I am tired of hearing her complain. I also went to my boss (the Lawyer) and told him that if he puts me in a room with her at that moment I would take her head off. Which is actually pretty good for me cause usually I am the "yes man" and I finally told him that I don't have time for her with all the work I am doing because of lay offs and people being fired. I felt better after I talked to him cause he said that I was right and we could get her in the office and talk about it. I said thanks but if she was in the room right now I would do something I was not going to be proud of. He laughed and said he knew how I felt. She came up to me later and asked to talk to me in another room and we hashed it out with finally agreeing to disagree (the best I could do at that moment) and that all ended at 10 am.....the day just got worse and worse. I made it through and now I am at home and feeling stressed, tired and like crying. I know it's stress that just been building up but this feeling sucks. Sorry to vent.

I am starting to feel like this diet has taken over my life.. I spend less time with my daughter, at work and all I think about is either how good I am doing or how much better I could do. I know I need to do this right now but I am really not use to taking time just for me and I am feeling really guilty about it right now. Anyone going through this? I want to be happy but I feel like I am starting to let people down. This is a day in my life and please if I am not alone share yours as well I need to know that I am not the only one who's so damn busy cause it just feels like the people around me have very little to do compared to me. Maybe I am just feeling sorry for myself but it would sure help to know that I am not alone in this.

Wake up at 6:30 am put on the cofffe, step on that stupid scale, get my daughter up,, help her dress, get her breakfast, make her lunch, get ready for work ( I love my mornings), spend 45 minutes getting work, work nine hours and I won't even mention that fact that I get 16 hours worth of work in (with no break for lunch eat at my desk), 45 minutes home (get there at 7 pm) clean all the dishes everyone used while I was at work, cook dinner for them (even though mom's been home all day and fiance been home for three to fours hours and I get to eat none of it), go exercise (sometimes during this I feel like I am taking away from them and my daily responsibilites) , clean the house, feed the rabbit and the cats, help daughter with homework, get her ready for bed and put her clothes out for the morning, put my clothes out for the morning, once a week go do laundry while I help with homework, and worry about if I am behaving with food. Oh and every couple of weeks another child who needs a safe place to stay comes and I love that part but it's hard to cope sometimes.

And that's a normal day in my life. Man I am tired!!!!! I sometimes feel that I do all the cooking, cleaning, paying the bills, working and pretty saying yes to everything I wouldn't dare ask someone else to do.

I know tomorrow I will be ready to start all over again but tongiht it really hurts and I am not feeling like I am doing all I should be. I can't seem to get into bed these days without thinking that I missed doing something that could have been important to my family. I watch them all night playing video games or watching TV and think what else could I be doing right now other than posting?

See........but I AM feeling great today.....another 2 pounds gone
Old 03-26-2004, 10:16 AM   #280  

Talking Queen of the Scale - Return of the Whoosh

Hey Gals,
Not exactly Tolkien but unique to the FDC's! HAPPY FRIDAY everyone. For those who weigh-in today and this weekend

Lori-Thanks for the helpful information, it made me really want to stick it out!I think I will also start the Induction phase again for a kickstart since I know I'm certainly not going thru ketosis at the present.

Lissandy-Hooray!!!! WOW, 2 pounds. I guess patience is a virtue in this challenge. You've got me motivated! Congrats to you on your success!!!

To everyone else:

Well, busy day ahead for me but I'll probably check in this evening. I decided to adjust my goal weight to 130 since I believe it is more realistic for me and I'm finding that this challenge has a lot to do with MANAGING EXPECTATIONS. I think that was part of my problem initially -- I expected to lose 2-2.5 pounds weekly like clockwork but that is just NOT how the body works.

There will be stalls, whooshes, plateaus and I am seeing that through mine and everyone else's journey. Okay, there's my inspiration for the day gals!
Old 03-26-2004, 10:43 AM   #281  

Trixi-I must've posted while you were posting. Wow, you are stretched pretty thin. I actually can't believe that you do all that in a given day. You definitely need some assistance. What if you have your kids and fiance help out cooking dinner and feeding the animals and stuff like that so that it becomes more of a family event? You're probably doing that already but if not, maybe that would keep the togetherness a little more.

Losing weight doesn't need to consume your whole life and I don't think you should feel like you have to post everyday or even every week because it takes up roughly 20mins-1 hour I think to read thru and respond and it can be labor intensive and time consuming. Spend time with your family, we'll still be here when you need us for support!

Trixi, I'm glad you brought this up. I was starting to feel very guilty myself being on the computer all the time, in my case I'm also looking for work coupled with the fact that my computer is the SLOWEST in the world. Yesterday I almost started crying because I noticed that my back seems like it is always turned to my family so I started a new rule that I can only be on when they are sleeping in (the morning or pm) and only as time permits. I need to play with my kid more because they grow so fast I feel like I am missing out. I guess the computer has been my escape and excuse not to do a lot of things (cleaning, exercising, playing) and it shouldn't be. So, I probably won't be here as often as I have been but am definitely going to check in as I can.

Enlist all the help you can get and do only what you can. You're taking on sooo much, you need some breaks!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:33 AM   #282  

Trixi - I feel for you! Yikes, I think you need to set some boundaries and only accomplish a little. Maybe a family meeting and assign some chores to Mom and fiance.

Today is my weigh in day and lost 0 - scale has sat at this same number for 13 days! Makes me want to scream.

I started doing a Joyce Vedral video (6 days a week) a month ago - with 2,3,5 lb weights and hoped I would see some results - only -1/2 in in my bust (of all places). It has been raining lots here lately, but will try to get the walking in again. My journalling has gone to pot - except for recording my weight and complaining.

This week goal - continue with weights, write down every morsel I eat, and try and walk 4 times (even in the rain if I have to) and try and not get discouraged.
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:37 AM   #283  

I forgot to mention, I have this horrid rash - began about a week after starting to exercise. The doctor thought it was one thing, but the medicine didn't help, now it is mostly goine from my neck and upper chest, but last night I broke out in huge welt like bumps (like a bad case of diaper rash) right beneath my breasts. Since I am fairly large busted and not firm it hurts like the dickens. Made my dh go get diaper rash cream last night so I could sleep. If I am going to hurt I at least should loose some wieght - right
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 11:56 AM   #284  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hi Girls! Happy Friday!!
This wasn't my best week, and I'm lucky I only gained a lb. this week. I've decided I wasn't serious enough. I had to think back how I lost the other 32 lbs..and I remembered I REALLY exercised before and didn't eat in between meals, (which is detrimental to my diet plans.) So I'm going to take my measurements and work my butt off! I can do this!

Hula, I love your picture!! Like boatingmommy said, "You're a hottie." Thanks for your encouragement and taking time to write to everyone.
And you were right, I had the pre-weigh in jitters. What part of CA are you from? I'm from Santa Barbara and was in LA and Beverly Hills almost every weekend.

Trixi, I always wanted to tell you that I appreciated your personality. You are really giving this diet thing your all and I'm inspired by it. I'm sorry you had such a rough day at work, but I think you handled it very well. Kudos to you for putting your co-worker in her place. I don't understand why there are such idiots at work that make it hard for other people. These are not happy people, not even with themselves.

Dianna, thank you for your encouraging words. You said exactly what I needed to hear. We definitely all need each other's support. Thanks for relating.

Boating mommy, I love the 80's music, too. I have my radio set to an 80's station, and it's like I've never left that decade. There's even a local band that plays only 80's music at one of the casinos, and my hubby and I love to rock out there on Sat nights sometimes.

OK, time for me to get busy. Still have to go for my walk. Going to take my measurements and determined to lose inches. I have a tape called Body Flex that helped me lose inches before, so I'm going to start doing that again, too.

Bye for now,
Dena
177, 145 CW, 130 GW (changed to a more reasonable goal)

Last edited by Den@; 03-26-2004 at 07:35 PM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:19 PM   #285  

March Madness for this Chickie~

Well it's almost said and done. We listed our house. We had 5 offers on the first day. What a sweet, but crazy, crazy market it is.

Good news is it looks like I'll have a drop in weight for my Monday weight in. Yeah!!
I'm just posting a quickie and I'll have to catch up on reading the post tonight when the storm calms.

Hope your all doing well. Talk to ya soon.
CanonGal is offline   Reply With Quote