Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-19-2004, 12:41 PM   #421  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday all! Back from a weekend of glorious sunshine and camping. It was beautiful here and I did a lot of bike riding on Saturday. God home yesterday morning and weighed myself and was at the same weight. THEN....I went to a baby shower, ate a small chicken salad sandwhich on a dollar role, some veggies (w/ a little dip), and some strawberries and grapes. Didn't do bad, stayed away from the cake. BUT, after the shower several of the families (husbands, wives, kids) went back to the soon to be mother and father's house, drank several beers on the patio, grilled brats and ate chips. THE SCALE WAS UP TWO POUNDS THIS MORNING!!! YIKES!!! I am so bumming. So, back to the old drawing board.

Trixi - Honey, I know how you feel. I have been known to stop and pick a worm up off the side walk after a rain shower so that it doesn't fry. A cute little mouse is another story. One night a few years back my cat chased one around and I caught it in a shoe box and took across the road to a field and let it go. My husband swore I was nuts.

Hula - welcome back to the work force!

Veg - Glad to hear that you are getting some sleep. I can't imagine how you were feeling.

Lissandy, Deenie, Den@ - Let's get back to it together! I'll support you and you support me!

Hey, I also checked out fitday.com today. That should be helpful for me. I wish I had checked on it sooner!

Everyone have a great day!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:40 PM   #422  

I am back in the land of the living ! I feel like I have been out of the loop for so long. I decided it will be too difficult to respond to all the postings since I left, but just know I read them and will respond from today forward.

Trixi - I watched the Leafs one night and they lost, but every other night I had a function to go to.

Boating mommy - my parents live by Yosemite. It is just beautiful up there.

Well I am back. I did not do as well as I had hoped on my trip. My eating was just so-so. I was careful, but not perfect. I did not excercise in Toronto as I had hoped. My schedule was so crazy that I barely got 6 hours of sleep and to get up early and work out, forget it! ....oh and I drank. I hadn't drank in so long it felt so good to have that freedom. I need to watch it now though because it makes me want to eat. With the added calories of the wine itself....well, things could get ugly . I have decided on one drink a night unless I am out with friends. This should help me moderate it.

I go back to my trainer today ....ugh.....I think I am going to be beat up. Holy Cow this is gonna hurt. I am excited though, to get back to counting EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth and to continue to get strong.

Oh, by the way, People Noticed! Yahooo! In Toronto, the folks I work with noticed.

I am down to 199. I didn't lose much over these past few weeks. I think I was down more, but with all of the cheating, I gained a few back I think. So I am stating my loss as 2.5 pounds and using 199 (Finally under 200!) as my official weight this week. I will begin weighing in again next Wednesday and will hopefullly be back on track.

Well girls, I am off to work, but will check in again later.

Good to be back!
Hugs and purrs,
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:25 PM   #423  

I got up this morning and up another 2 on the scale (I know - don't weigh so often) but am feeling full of self-pity etc. I even ate 3 Chocolate bars for breakfast!

I had all intentions of quitting the group etc. but my dh got on me and really gave me the business on wanting to quit. I stuck my tongue out at him, but know he is right. One of my problems is quitting when things get rough. So back to the drawing board or rather the journal and keep writing and get back OP with my food
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:25 PM   #424  
I lose... I win!

Talking

Hello All... I am a new here and want to start the challenge as well. I am setting my goals as follows:

Current Weight 182
FDC Goal Weight 164
Ultimate Goal Weight 120 (November 20th)

2 lbs per week
96 oz water per day
Exercise 1 hr daily 5-6 days per week

Mini Goals (not necessarily weight loss oriented, though I think they all may be)
This week:
*Throw out all junk food! Yes in the trash & out to the curb tomorrow morning.
*Clean & organize my home office (I am a realtor and the clutter is killing me)

I have been thinking about this a lot lately... I feel as if my house, my body, my weight and my life are out of control. Been reading & watching a lot of Dr. Phil too. I came to the realization last week that the clutter in my house and the stresses from my job are affecting my eating choices. Last week I made a zone plan for my house. Only certain items are done on each day, like today is bedroom day. We do the regular chores (dishes, laundry, take out trash, etc) plus thoroughly clean our bedrooms. My kids aren't really crazy about this idea and I don't think my husband is either, but they are going to have to adjust or else mommy is gonna be a bonafide nut case.

In my previous weight loss life I was a member of the Y, but we moved and it is too far to drive now. While I was going to the Y, I was steadily losing a couple of pounds a month and got down to 144, a year later... I am up to 182. ugggh! I have been saving and saving and saving and saving and on Saturday I purchased my very own elliptical machine. I am very excited and it will be delivered on the 27th

I am setting my life straight and there will be he11 to pay for those in my way! I need support and encouragement. I don't need anyone telling me ... if only you would just... bah! bah! humbug! I am tired of people looking down on me and I am tired of being the way that I am and I am tired of the way my life is being managed. My husband laughed at me this morning when I came out of the bathroom and said... " You know, I don't think Susan Powter knew what she meant when she said, STOP THE INSANITY" It isn't the eating that is affecting my weight. It is all this other crap around me that gives me an excuse not to eat right. Well, bulk pick up is on Friday here and all my junk, including my personal baggage, is getting kicked to the curb!
steelymonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:46 PM   #425  

Steely, Just popped in and read your post. Stick to your guns, girlfriend. Be proud that you are taking the first steps to a new life!!!! Keep up the positive attitude and good things will follow!
Old 04-19-2004, 08:06 PM   #426  

I am so happy to see most of us back...seemed really quiet in here since the whole Easter fiasco.

Steelymonica - Welcome!!!!!!! great attitude and very doable goals. The one thing you won't hear from us is "if you would only do this...blahblahblah" :smile: I started this challenge one pound ahead of ya and I know just by reading your post you are just as motivated and boy could we all use that about now! Please keep coming. I am jealous that you have been able to get the family involved in the house zone thingy. I am still working on that.

Thanks to all of you for understanding my mousy story.....still feel bad but now I feel pretty depressed cause I just learned that my grandfather passed away, also a really good friend of mine had his funeral today and I wasn't reached in time....and to top it all off, I found out through reading the obit's that one of my favorite customers I used to serve (I managed a bar for a few years) had passed away as well. Have you ever heard of the saying "death comes in three's"? well apparently it's true. So has not been a very good Monday for me. When I got home my mom asked if they could hold the wake here and I said of coarse...The funeral is on Thursday and I have alot to prepare now. I am super sad and it sucks. I am trying to keep things cheery for my daughter but its hard. Maybe you could help with some advise....I am not sure if my daughter is old enough to be able to go to the funeral or even the wake. She;s almost 11 but has never been subjected to any of this before...Can you offer your opinion? it would really help...thanks

Sorry to be such a downer it just seems that everything has come at once and I feel like I am drowning in it. My mother has never really been that close with her father but of coarse it's got to be hurting her and I want to help as much as possible cause she's my mommy.

I hope everyone is doing great....boatingmommy sounds like you had alot of fun this weekend I am glad, you really deserve it...don't worry about the pounds.....when your working hard you know they come they go...and yours are going more then there coming so thats something special....just stick around and we can all support each other when we really need it. I know reading your posts always make me feel good.

Azkitty...back to the trainer....you are going to be sore tomorrow but you'll feel great knowing your back on track..dont you think? Having people notice your weightloss must have been amazing!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Just imagine when they see you next time. Their jaws will drop!!!!

Deenie - please don't quit we need you so much (yes I am resorting to guilt trips now) you are apart of this experience just as much as any of us....it's all a learning and growing challenge as a weight challenge. I feel that you are a friend of mine and even if you are not what you would consider OP right now (even though I know you CAN do it) we still need you here. Let's go through this together and having your hubby help is amazing...you give him a great big "FD chick" hug from me....I am giving you one as well :smile:

Have a wonderful evening and I am going to hold close the thought that tomorrow has got to be better.

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:09 PM   #427  

AzKitty - I forgot something GOODBYE TO THE 200's FOREVER....GREAT JOB!!!!!! You must be dancing!!!

Dale
Old 04-19-2004, 11:03 PM   #428  

Good evening! Feeling a bit tired but wanted to spend a little "ME" time, so I popped on here. Guys...I mean gals...I need some help. Where do I go to learn more about how I should be losing weight. I got on fitday.com and put in my food journal for the day. I also put in my 45 minutes of aerobics and the 40 minutes of mowing the lawn. The reports showed that I burned more than I ate today. But thinking back, today is a pretty average day for me. So, I would think that I should have been losing some more pounds by now, but not happening. I need to learn how much of what I eat needs to be protein, fat, or carbohydrate....WHERE DO I FIND THAT INFO!!??
I really want to do this right and knowledge is power, right? Anyways, if you have any suggestions on where to look or what to read, let me know.

Trixi - Oh Sweetie, so sorry to hear about your grandpa, your friend, and your old client. Very sad for you. I have a very big opinion of including your daughter...DO IT! I lost my father when I was 17 years old and I had never been to a funeral or visitation (I think that's the same as a wake) before. Don't let her first trip to the funeral home seem unnatural. Everyone unfortunately leaves this earth at some time or another. I just know that it may have helped me to have had some dealings with it to prepare me for the death of someone I loved so much. Does that make sense? I hope I made it sound right. Hope you make it through this rotten week of events. Hugs all around you.

DeenieD - Love ya girl....NOW THROW OUT THE CANDYBARS!!! The only way you're gonna get out of this slump is to pull yourself out. Tell those candy bars, "I DON'T NEED YOU!!! I DON'T WANT YOU!!! And then toss the damn things out. YOU CAN DO IT!!! Yes, give that hubby a hug from me, too.

AZ - Kiss the 200s goodbye!!! You are doing it, and how good does it feel??? Pretty darn good, doesn't it? Yosemite sounds wonderful. I just watched a special on t.v. not too long ago about the park. BEAUTIFUL!!! Hope the trainer didn't wear you out too much.

Steely - I think it's great that you have set such specific goals. I need to customize my plan a little I think now that I read your post. You are just a stone's throw from where I live...just across the river.

Well, it is past my bedtime...getting older...must be in bed early and up with the chickens (or at least the cat). Night all!!! Dream skinny!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 09:17 AM   #429  

Happy Wednesday everyone,

Thanks for the advise boatingmommy I am going to bring her to the service..a wake is when anyone who wants to goes back after the funeral and has something to eat, and pretty much just visit with the family.

I can just post a quick one as I am at work. I will try to get more in later....

Dlae
Old 04-21-2004, 09:17 AM   #430  

Default Hump day

Happy Wednesday everyone,

Thanks for the advise boatingmommy I am going to bring her to the service..a wake is when anyone who wants to goes back after the funeral and has something to eat, and pretty much just visit with the family.

I can just post a quick one as I am at work. I will try to get more in later....

Dale
Old 04-21-2004, 12:10 PM   #431  

OK OK OK
The candy bars are gone - I gave them to dh and said toss or take to work or leave in your truck but they need to be GONE

That said it has been raining here lots, I have had oodles to do and still am feeling stuck in a rut.
So I promised myself exercise tonight - now I need to follow through!
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:37 PM   #432  

Good Morning All!

I am feeling YUCKY today. I am soooooooooooo mad at myself I feel like I want to kick my own ***. I have not stuck with my one drink a day and am paying for it on the scale. I weigh myself everyday (I know, I shouldn't...but I do). I am back at 200 today. It's that time of the month, so I am praying that this is just water retention and that it will go away with alot of water and no booze. Sigh ......I am just so mad at myself....live and learn....right?

Trixi - I am so sorry for the loss in your family. I will put you in my prayers that things go smoothly for you and your family and that you all find comfort and peace.

Boatingmommy - Couple things - what I did to figure out how much of my diet should be fat vs protien vs carb, fiber etc...... is this: I figured out from food labels - based on a 2000 calorie a day diet (the one they all use) what the recommended figures are for each. So for instance, on a 2000 calorie a day diet, it is recommended that you have no more that 65 G Fat, 300 carbs, etc.....you can then take your diet's calorie limit.....let's say 1600 and divide that into 2000 which = 80%. So for a 1600 calorie a day diet, you would want to have no more that 80% of 65 Grams of fat or 52 grams of fat. There is one problem, though....the nutritional labels do not have guidelines for protien. So I dropped tracking all of these things as it took WAY too much time and used a general health guideline from the book "Dieting for Dummies" (lots of good info in there if you want a good health resource for dieting) and they say that your calories should be made up of 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protien (this is not a low carb guideline, obviously). A gram of protien has 4 calories, a gram of fat has 9 and a gram of carb has 4. So if you take your total calories of 1600 X 40% divided by 4 grams - that would equal your total carb allowance - in this case 160 grams.

I hope that helps.

here is a good document if you are interested in some general guidelines:

http://www.health.gov/dietaryguideli...000/DIETGD.PDF

Well girls, I am going to try to do so much better today. I have put away the wine - and am committed to get through this little setback.

It is a beautiful day here today - 87 degrees. The sun is shining and we all have another opportunity to make the most of a wonderful day.

Have a great day all and I will check back in later,
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 03:03 PM   #433  

Default How do I love me...let me count the ways...

AZ - Girl, you are too wonderful to take all of the time to explain that to me. I printed out the info and read it twice. I agree that it sounds like a lot of calculating. Just wanted the general info. and you provided that...thanks!!!

Is it true that no one actually posted yesterday? I was feeling bad that I didn't have the time to drop in, but it looks as though all of us were super busy. I am trying to get ready for yard sale. My husband's family has one every spring with the town. It is a great way to get ride of junk and make some bucks. Plus, everyone in town runs from house to house grabbing up each others' "treasures". My hubby won't let me buy anything. He says we have enough of our own junk! He's right. Anyways, I sat the ironing board up and a box of hangers and tags and went through a box of kids clothes. I got them all pressed and hung and pretty (make more money that way). It took most of last night.

Well, I would love to stay and talk, but I'll check back in tonight!
Old 04-21-2004, 03:57 PM   #434  

Boatingmommy: try not to step on a scale the day after a big meal. Most of the time you'll gain water but not actual weight.

Trixi: I'd feel awful for the mouse too Dont blame yourself tho cuz you couldn't have known the cat was under the bed.

Hula: congrats on the new job!

AZKitty: Isn't it the best thing in the world when people notice your loss? It always makes me feel good. Congrats on the 2.5#'s.

DeenieD: stick with it, we're all bound to have bad times. You just have to forget that day and start up again.

Steelymonica: Welcome to the group

I'm sorry I'm not posting as much, there just never seems to be enough time in the day I've done really well on the new diet. Lost 6 pounds the first week! The trainer has also been great, she really explains everything to me so I understand what and why I'm doing stuff.

For those of you who were interested in what I’m eating:

Meal 1 – 2 oz protein, 1 cup asparagus
Meal 2 – 2 oz protein, 1 cup green vegetables
Meal 3 – 3 or 3 oz protein, 4oz potato, 1 cup vegetables
Meal 4 – 2 oz protein, 1 cup of berries or 1 grapefruit
Meal 5 – 2 oz protein, 5 to 6oz yam
Meal 6 – 2 oz protein, ¼ to ½ Melon
100oz water per day
I also work out with the trainer 3 times a week and do an hour of cardio 5 to 6 times a week.

The biggest problem I’m having is that its too much food.

My current goals for the week – stay off the scale!!! I’ve been weighing myself too often. Make sure I stick to drinking all my water.

*hugs* to all
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:13 AM   #435  
I lose... I win!

Default YAY! It's Thursday!... bring your coffee... long post

What's so wonderful about Thursday, you ask? It's my day off from the real world to do as I please.... sort of. Well, it's a day off from real estate anyway. The weekends are so busy for me I have to take a day off during the week to cope. So I always look forward to Thursdays.

This week (starting Monday) I have made my bed every day as soon as I got up. Pitched my laundry down the shute and managed to get about 70% of my zone cleaning done each day. My office is still clean, the kitchen is clean except for school papers on the bar, the dining room is clean, the basement is clean, everything was dusted yesterday. So today, I am going to do all of the floors and then goof off the rest of the day. I am going to go have lunch with my daughter today at school. They are having their awards ceremony for honor roll and free priviledges. Free priviledges are earned by turning in homework on time, no tardies to class, and doing one good deed for each of her teachers each month, so even the kids that don't make honor roll still have the opportunity to earn rewards. It is up to the teacher to determine the rewards. Each teacher usually has a different reward. Free priviledges include being able to drop the lowest test score, being allowed one soda during class time, receive credit for one homework assignment without doing it (only certain assignments are eligible), having a pizza lunch with the teacher, etc. She has made honor roll 3 quarters but this is the first time she has earned priviledges. She's excited!

THIS MORNING.... my hubby went through his dresser and threw out the clothes he didn't want/couldn't wear... without me asking!! Thursday is Pitch It Day on our house cleaning zone plan. I didn't realize he paid attention to what I said. He is also on board with me to lose weight. I don't know what he weighs, he won't tell me, but I am guessing it is about 220 or 230. He should be somewhere around 180.

***********my post from the Dr. Phil Board ************
I had my epiphany!!
*********end my post from the Dr. Phil Board ***********

Well, I am off to read a bit before I tackle my floors. I feel soo good today! Tomorrow is bulk pick up day and I have to get all my baggage to the curb!

Sharon
steelymonica is offline   Reply With Quote