Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2004, 02:42 PM   #361  

Wow - missed a lot while I was gone this weekend - Lori congratulations!!!
The wedding was lots of fun, but I didn't exercise Sat, Sun or yesterday - I can't believe how easy it was for me to just "forget" all about it until around 10 pm. I have been doing it faithfully for 5 weeks.
I recently read it takes most people around 9 months to make something a habit - so I figure if I keep at it then by Christmas making better food choices and exercising shouldbe a habit.

Glad to be back - the skin rash has toned down lots - thanks for all the well wishes
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 12:29 AM   #362  

Well I am exhausted so this is going to be a short one, but I could not pass up a congrats to Lori ----That is just so cool. I am so happy for you.

I also couldn't pass up a WELCOME BACK Mantha. Stick with us and we will get there together.

It's good to see that everyone had a nice weekend. I haven't had much sleep during my travels so I am about to hit the hay and sleep hard. I came back and weighed myself and I must be holding a gallon of water.....who knows what's up. I am hoping it is just the dehydration from flying so much the past two days that is making me hold every bit of water in my body. We'll see if it stabalizes for weigh in tomorrow....otherwise it will be a bust.

I will write more tomorrow. In the mean time....take care all.
Hugs and purrs,
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 08:00 AM   #363  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I was here yesterday...TWICE!! I typed long personal message in and each time I accidently hit the wrong key or something and BLAM! gone went the message! AAARrrrrrgh!!! Because I was in a rush each time I didn't get a chance to retype right away.

Well, I am totally swamped at work. I was on the road from 8 - 5 yesterday. Came home, fixed dinner (small bacon wrapped steaks, salad and porknbeans.) got my kiddo ready for bed and then worked from 8:30 till 11:00 p.m. and I'm still no where near caught up! I didn't excercise because of the work, which frustrates me very much. So, today, no matter if I am caught up or not, I am getting my workout in. Scale is back to 175.5 (knew that .5 pounds wouldn't stay). I would like to be at 170 by the end of this month. That's doable.

Lorias - Congrats on the baby!!! Enjoy your pregnancy, but eat smart. It really is hard to get it back off if you put too much on.

Hula - I long for the day when a pair of jeans makes my Dairy-Air (didn't know how to spell it - deriere?) look good!

Trixi - the wedding sounds soooo cool. We don't get much cultural diversity here in the midwest. You know, if you don't like the equipment in your new workout room, you can always just rearrange the furniture again! Just kidding. Hope your body is healing.

Deenie - glad the wedding went well. Now that some of the stress is gone maybe the rash will clear up for good.

vegwall - Sounds like you had a SUPERMOM weekend. Your kids will cherish that time with family and friends later. I must admit...never heard of a kid packing a fan.

Water Nymph, DewCan, Mahtha....all of you, I gotta run and will catch up more later! Have a great day! Be good to yourselves!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:10 AM   #364  

Hi all, weigh in today and I'm down 1.5#'s.

I've made an appointment to talk to a trainer tomorrow. I'm kinda excited about that.

Will post more later, off to work now.
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:39 AM   #365  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi
I'm a bit jealous of talk about trainers. Where I live we don't even have a gym, never mind a trainer. I think it would be very helpful and motivational.
Congrats on the losses people we'll have to do the collective weight thing again soon. I'd be willing to figure it out once a week if you guys would like Let me know, I can't remember who did the first one, but it was great!!!

Up here we don't have much cultural diversity, but do have some. An East Indian wedding sounds interesting, that's one we sure don't get here.

Well, gotta run, busy day planned.
Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:04 PM   #366  

Hi All!!

Di, the collective weight thing was my idea, but I don't think we got everybody to participate. I think I got 8 out of the ten 'regulars' here, and we can collectively boast a 54lb loss over 5 weeks. I think that's pretty dang awesome!! I think we should do it again at 11 weeks and then again at the end of the challenge.

You all are my best trainers..you keep me motivated and on the plan.

Here's a laugh.. We have some very good friends whom we haven't seen in a while. The 'boys' got together last week and went to a boat demo. When they got back, my hubby had told Craig about our low carb plan, and sang the praises of our loss over the past weeks ( okay, so he bragged about his wife a bit) Well, Craig went home and told Diane about it, and they are going to try low carb too!! I photocopied some pages from my low carb book ( the ones I've gotten the most use out of) and she may just give it a try! We are going camping with them this summer..wonder if they will do it or not? Well, I'm not giving up just yet!!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:13 PM   #367  

Vanessa
I was reading so fast to catch up I missed the fan - how funny!
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:22 PM   #368  

Good evening! Got my excercise in this evening. I felt so much better. Hard to believe 5 weeks ago I didn't really even want to get off the couch. Now I am feeling guilty if I don't, and really feel pretty good about myself when I do.

54 POUNDS!!! That is about the weight of my 8 year old nephew. That's amazing!!! We are soooooo good!!

Lissandy - That is great that you are motivating people outside of the thread! It would be great if they did go low carb so that when you are camping you can plan meals together. And you don't get the "Oh come on, your going to eat something else, aren't you?". I kind of got that from my sister-in-law this weekend while we were camping. She brought the usual assortment of chips and dips for munching around the campfire, and I managed to stear clear of them... but then it was almost like a challenge for her to get me to eat some of them. I think the problem is that she knows she needs to get on the bandwagon, but hasn't made that personal commitment yet. I guess it's hard for her to think that her drinking and snacking buddy is making some changes. Maybe she'll come around. Maybe I CAN MOTIVATE HER!!! Yeah, that's the ticket!!! Well, we'll see...

Water N - Hope meeting the trainer goes well. I think it would be great to have a professional giving me tips on how to lose the weight in the areas I need to lose the most.

Dew - we don't have much in the way of personal trainers here either. I could if I wanted to drive a half and hour a night, but with a five year old that's just not gonna work. That's why I like my workout tapes. The kid is in the other room, or now that it's light longer she's outside with her daddy. I don't lose the extra time with my family by having to drive somewhere.

AZ - your job sounds so exciting. The traveling sounds glamorous. What is it that you do (hope you didn't say so in earlier posts...I'm too lazy to go hunting through the posts)?

Well, I have a new Chadwicks of Boston catalogue that needs my attention! Night All!
Old 04-08-2004, 06:18 AM   #369  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Sorry I couldn't post for a few days. I've had out of town guests In spite of that.... drum roll, please.... I lost 2 more pounds!!!!!! Does that make 56 lbs. for the group total? For me, I think drinking more water is the key. I try for 10 glasses a day if possible. Of course, I'm up at night, but hey, I'm happy with the results. That now brings me down to 140. I'm proud to say I've lost 7 lbs. since I started with our FDC group, and 37 lbs. total.

Lori, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

WaterN, about the water, my motivation is that I know it flushes out the fat, so I drink 2 glasses as soon as I wake up, 6 more by dinner & 2 after. Hope that helps a little.

Hula, thanks for creating this challenge and getting us gals together. We're all doing so much better as a group. By the way, what part of CA are you? I'm from CA, too.

Deenie, what Univ do you work at? I've worked as an Academic Counselor at UCLA And UW. Since I've moved recently, I'm taking some time off. I know what you mean about stress at your job.

Keep up the great work, everyone!!!
Dena
Highest-177, Current-140, GW-130

Last edited by Den@; 04-08-2004 at 12:35 PM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:53 AM   #370  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm still here!

First, to you all. I was ready to walk and you gave the the inspiration I need to just keep at it. I've kept my promise to exercise and been very careful about counting points and I've broken the stall and am down 2 pounds! I realized that one of the things that's making it so much harder this time is that I don't have 50 pounds to lose so it's taking longer to shed it.

I have two business trips coming up where I'll be really pressed for time. I've checked the hotels and there are no DVD players in the rooms so I can't bring my WATP. I know myself well enough to know I won't go to the gym. Any suggestions to keep me on track while I travel (and eat out every meal) for 2 weeks?

Have to get too much work done to post to everyone individually, but a BIG thanks to all of you- you've been there when I've needed you most!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:50 AM   #371  

Congratulations to everyone who has been loosing. I am in a stress period so am up and down all the time. I am in a stress filled period so am up and down. I am working on creating a school gardens here with our public school. It has been my dream for 5 years and now is happening. I am doing as much exercise as possible, not much but at least an hour a day and trying hard with the eating but being gentle as I can not loose focus on the project right now. We are building the beds this Sat. so I moved wood all yesterday big 2X10" 12 feet long and covered in ice...we live in Sebago Maine. I will get a lot of exercise on Sat shoveling and screening the soil and compost. It has been wild lately trying to pull this together. My daughter’s friend threw a tantrum and his father who could not get any soil for us now can!!! Go kid.

I have trainer envy too. I can not even join the curves around here due to the time money and distance. it sounded good but then to get Luce to a sitter and all... I figure my time will come.

I am going to really try to post and work next week. Everyone sounds so determined and positive. I have also had some interactions with diet sabotagers. Have you tried an upset stomach... I know it is not true but it used to work like a charm. She had helped her daughter weight 250 and even after they stapled her daughter’s stomach was baking cakes like crazy for her. So I just would say that I was feeling a bit off and would have loved to eat more but... She was then in a fix as that would really be going to far to push a sick person. The other thing is if you are only around for one meal claim to have already eaten, you did last meal, then you can be tempted to eat a little. It is hard but we are fighting for our health and happiness so we have to stand up for ourselves. Best of all losses to every one,
Vanessa
vegwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:03 AM   #372  

Thumbs up O-P's, we did it again!

Hi Everyone,
Just brushed up on the posts and wanted to say hello to everyone! Will reply more later but to the #'s lost this week!

For those that aren't consulting with a trainer, don't feel bad. I'm not bashing trainers at all but the ones over here are overpriced!! My gym charges $80-$100 per training SESSION so I got the initial complimentary session and decided that that was all I personally needed. He measured everything including my bodyfat (which was the same number on my Tanita Body Fat Scale $40 thank you very much) and basically told me all the same stuff I knew or could get by researching the web. Once they show you how to use the machines and work on your problem areas, I think it's really up to you to do the rest. But I guess it's nice to have that open access for questions, nutrition, etc. so if you can afford it, it's cool. Sorry if I sound preachy, don't mean to at all

Have a great day everyone!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan."
~Tom Landry
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:24 AM   #373  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Boating Mommy, what is Chadwicks of Boston? As you can see I'm Canadian.

Well, we just keep losing that weight

Very busy day planned, cna't reply to all and most likely won't post tomorrow.

Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:10 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Well girls...I'm back entirely too soon! I'll try to get caught up on your posts. But I plan on continuing with my weight loss in an effort to overcome my sadness and not PUT IT BACK ON!!

Here I go!

WI today was 149! Still shooting for that elusive 125!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:36 PM   #375  

Lori, I can only imagine what has happened, and I am sending you a great big hug. It will happen for you. Take some time for yourself to heal physically and mentally.