Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2004, 05:37 PM   #376  

Well girls it's Thursday evening of long weekend and I am just about to go home for the day. I am not going to the local pub for the after work drink and I am planning on exercising tonight for sure. Today was the first day I could get something other than my runners on today. I looked pretty weird walking around the office in my sneakers and got alot of looks. But I feel much better now.

I will post more when I get home hopefully but of not most definately will check in tomorrow.

Lori - Take care lots I am thinking of you.

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 12:12 AM   #377  

Hi all - It's been days and I am having withdrawls from you gals. I only have a minute - I am packing to leave yet again tomorrow - luckily, this time, it's just to chill in the Yosemite mountains at my parents house for four days. I will have time to write more over the weekend. I am sooooo frustrated as I have lost nothing for the week. What makes me mad is that I was down two more pounds as of Sunday and came home and have since been at my posted weight. Oh, well....onward.

I will write more over the weekend.

Happy Easter.
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:12 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good morning!

I'm a little flustered this morning. My husband started the same diet I'm on just 3 1/2 weeks ago and he is so ticked he is throwing things this AM. And get this...he has lost 10 pounds and at least 7 inches!!!!! What does he have to be ticked about? I'll tell you...we are going on vacation in a little over 2 weeks and he has waited this late to start his diet, so now it doesn't seem (to him) like he is losing it fast enough for vacation! Grrrrrr, so why do I feel guilty when he throws his little temper tantrums???

Ok, enough of that. We are going out of town with some friends tonight. Going to a comedy club an dinner. I sure hope that we can manage to stay on plan! I think the worse part will be leaving the drinks alone. But the comedy club sounds really fun and it's for one of my hubby's friend's birthday. It should be a hoot.

Then tomorrow we have an Easter service at church around 6:30p and another Sunday morning. Busy, busy! That's probably for the best!

Ok, need to get to work! See ya soon!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:43 AM   #379  

Default men and weight loss....

Lori, don't sweat it. When you order dinner tonight, just stay away from the high carb foods..We took the kids to Outback steakhouse on Monday night and thouroughly enjoyed our dinners served with sides of steamed fresh veggies!

My hubby has been low carb dieting as well these past 6 weeks and has lost 10 lbs. If yours if worried about his lack of loss, tell him to increase his water intake, and be sure to serve low carb meals when you are together. You look so good my guess is Hubby probably looks just as good!!!

There are some great low carb frozen dinners done by Weigh Watchers..I like them better than the lean cuisines.....works out great for lunch!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 10:11 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Liss - Thanks so much for your advice. I try to tell hubby the same things. He does really well on his water and I actually think his problem is he doesn't eat enough carbs. I think he is low...around 10 per day and needs to be up around 25. He disagrees with me, but I've counted! Anyway, he can't do the frozen dinner thing because he is a plumbing contractor and is usually on a job site. I think lunch is the thing that he does well. I think his problem is he goes too long without eating. He won't listen to me on this subject. But after lunch (usually about 11 or 12) he doesn't eat another meal untill around 8 or 9P when he gets home. I think that is his major problem right there! What do you think?
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 11:23 AM   #381  

Good Friday eveyone!!!!

I haven't had an official weigh-in in about two weeks. Mostly due to the fact that I was not OP for most of it. So I weighed in this morning as I have been pretty good with the food this week. I did not think I would show a loss and I am expecting a gain of a pound or two or ten. It took alot to stand on that thing this morning and this is me "Please, please don't be more than 170" and much to my surprise I was down 2 whole pounds!!!!!! I am thrilled!! I don't deserve those two pounds but I am taking them! So I have officially lost 20 since the challenge started and 24 since I started in January.

It's friday and there is no hope of cheating today cause everything's closed. We are going to Shawn's grandmothers for Easter dinner tomorrow and I have not seen the family since X-mas when I was at my highest and I hope that they notice. But if they don't i'll be okay and will wait until summer to really show them!!!

hope everyone has a great day and will check in later!!

Dale
Old 04-09-2004, 12:30 PM   #382  

Talking Happy Friday and a great Easter....

Happy Friday People!

I had a weird dream last night that I had this incredible body and I was wearing some white low-rise denim jeans (I haven't worn white pants since I was probably a toddler) so this morning I sprang up worked out for an hour! What a great incentive. Colin Farrell was also in my dream but not sure what that means. Anyway, sorry for rambling....

On a more serious note:
Lori-Glad but also sad to see you back. You know what I mean. Have fun on the town tonight!

Trixi-That is awesome Trixi -- 2 pounds. Take 'em!

AZKitty-We've missed ya' too, but you always come back. Have fun on your trip! Wonder if your folks will notice your new "svelteness"

Den@-I'm in the Bay Area! I love SB - you're lucky to live there.

WaterNymph- How did your training session go? Hope you got lots of helpful info.

Boating, Liss, DewCan, DeenieD, Veggie, Mahtha, Diana77, CanonGal, (and anyone else who might be "cyberlurking" -

"Get rid of the negative people in your life - surround yourself with positive people who believe in you and inspire you."
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:21 PM   #383  

Lori-

Yep, he's going too long between meals, eating too late, and probably not eating enough of the 'right' carbs. I try not to eat anything after 7pm- you know, the 3 hours before bedtime rule. We are averaging about 40 carbs per day- I think your dearest is starving himself and his body is going into preservation mode. The book I have says to always make sure you get enough proteins, and don't go over your carb limit. Maybe you can stash a couple of hard boiled eggs in his lunch box for after noon snacking, or maybe some low carb cereal bars.. I like the ones by CarbRite, but they may be hard to find. They actually are the best tasting ones I've found..most like the 'regular' cereal bars you would get like NutriGrain bars....
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 02:41 PM   #384  

Hi all, today is weigh in day for me and the third with a Zero loss! Ugh!!!
Since the wedding is done, the rash is fading and the sun is out I am setting new goals for this week

Back to Journalling - faithfully
Lowering carbs and making them count (no sweets, etc)
Hopefully next week will show a loss

Dew - I teach at Highline Comm College - Been a math professor there for 14 years. I teach 2/3 of my load online
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 05:54 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hello and Good Friday, Everyone!!
This is just a quick note to say I'm still hanging in there. I'm a little worried about all the Easter goodies. I have to keep reminding myself how hard it is to take off the weight and how easy it is to gain. I can put on 5 lbs. overnite, but it takes me months to lose it again. Boy, do I need strength.

Lori, Sorry for your sadness, but I'm glad you decided to be with us.

Have a wonderful Easter, everyone!!
Dena
Highest-177 FDC start-147 CW-140 GW-130

Last edited by Den@; 04-09-2004 at 05:57 PM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #386  

Well it's Saturday morning and not only did I get all the cleaning in the house done yesterday, we also took care of the garage which is the place I put anything I don't want to look at anymore and it drives Shawn crazy....He took about two truck loads to Goodwill (mostly clothes, toys and small appliaces) we still have alot to get rid of (it's been three years here and we have gathered alot of stuff) but we managed to put a huge dent in it. What a gorgeous day it was yesterday....

It looks pretty nice out again and today we are going to his grandmother's for Easter dinner. It should be a nice time. I just have to stay away from all the goodies she brings out and the potatoes at dinner. Tomorrow I have having my side of the family over for Turkey and I think that will be harder cause of the stuffing and three types of potatoes I always make. I am going to exercise this morning to get it out of the way.

Hula - Any dream is Colin Farrell in it would be my new favorite dream..and add the new clothes I would never want it wake up!!!! I don't think I have ever worn white pants....maybe that should become a new goal.

Deenie....keep at it your doing great and try to think of the 8 pounds that you have have kept off.......Maintaining is hard as well.

Hi to everyone else and I hope your all doing great and enjoying the weekend!

Dale
Old 04-10-2004, 08:15 PM   #387  

Hi to all- I am trying very hard to be good this weekend too. Easter is not the time of year to be dieting! But it is warm and sunny today so the idea of baring more skin (and showing more of my rolls - LOL) is not appealing.

Thanks for the well wishes - May you all have a wonderful weekend
Old 04-10-2004, 10:14 PM   #388  

Hello everyone. I have made it through the week. I was under so much pressure to get this garden project going and today was the work day. We built 14 raised beds moved 30 yards of soil/compost/manure, sifted and spread it most of it done with kids and 12 adult volunteers! I am so relieved. Everyone was great including the child who would not shut up. Now I can get back to exercising and going OP and of course working on stage 2 of the garden plans but this was the big one.

Lori, I think you need to come to Maine with your husband and visit, we badly need a plumber and none of the ones here will show up. We could diet, exercise and cook good meals for him. Just wait until black fly season is over. We could hike, swim in the lake, bike…

It is amazing how hard it is to get anyone to show up to do work here. We have been trying to get our barn roof repaired for 3 years. Two times we have had people who agreed to do it and then never showed up. One of them left jacks and stuff here; this was 2 years ago he has never come by to get them. He lives in the neighborhood perhaps he is embarrassed. We want to put in a new bathroom but it depresses me whenever I think of trying to beg a plumber to come. How do they stay in business?

I am having a hard time not being upset with myself for not getting too much exercise in this week. I have been at 15 hours a week for over a month. I knew this was going to be a very stressful week and was trying to keep it down but still feel mad at myself, am punishing myself by eating Dove eggs...How weird is this sabotage stuff??? I am going to do a lot tomorrow and really push for a good week next week. I have been on this plateau long enough to declare residency and it is time to relocate.

Being very lazy I have just come in from hiding the Easter egg stuff in our field. I figure that way I do not have to get up early. I even filled some of the eggs and put them in the chicken coop with the real eggs that the girls forgot to collect today. WE have put our 9 year old daughter in charge of this evening and tomorrow. That way we will not get side tracked into doing more work and will do things they want to do. The kids are amazed. They love it when we turn things over to them. I am looking forward to it and to a nice happy Easter. My husband proposed to me 10 years ago on Easter! It has always been my favorite holiday so I am going to play and relax and avoid those eggs... Best of all days to everyone, Happy Easter to those who celebrate it, Vanessa

Last edited by vegwall; 04-10-2004 at 10:31 PM.
vegwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:16 PM   #389  

Vanessa
You said "but still feel mad at myself, am punishing myself by eating Dove eggs...How weird is this sabotage stuff???"

It never fails to amaze me how often I sabatoge myself too -
Old 04-11-2004, 09:08 AM   #390  

Happy Easter Everyone!!!!! My daughter is very happy with the Easter bunny this year (even if he did forget and left the price tag on some of the things he gave her). She even said "I think the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa are very generous with me" that was sweet. She is almost 11 and I love that she still believes in it all...I was about seven when the dream was broken.

So we went to Shawn's grandmother's yesterday and it was a nice day. When we got there and were greeted no one said anthing about the weightloss. I said oh well I guess its not as noticable as I though it would be. About a hour after being there Shawn's grandmother said to me that she was proud of me and I looked great. She also said just imagine what I am going to look like in time for summer! That was sweet of her. Shawn's sister who had lost a ton of weight over the last year really didn't say anything until after dinner and we were in the kitchen tidying up. All she said was the dieting was really wroking for me and she could tell. I thought it was wierd that it took her so long cause all we ever talked about in the last year was how great she was doing and I thought I would have received the same. She made some comments during dinner cause all I ate was the ham and the asparagus (had alot of it though) no scallop potatoes (sniff) or mashed, no corn, bread, carrots, treats, or the pumpkin pie she bakes herself. Both Shawn's dad and his grandmother kept offering me a drink (about six times) and I thought Gee I must have really indulged when I was here last year. But I just stuck with the soda water. I even exercised before we went...first time in a week. I felt pretty good and all in all it was a good day.

Today I am doing the Turkey for my family and I should get on it soon. I haven't even see the thing yet so I need to estimate how long it will take to cook. I hope you all enjoy your day!!!

Dale