Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2004, 12:17 PM   #331  

GoodMorning Everyone~

Great motivational story Hula. I love stories like that. It is encouraging! I want to be one of those people that makes jaws drop because of the great transformation.
I needed that today. I'm sitting here, it's 9am and I still haven't eaten breakfast...bad habits die hard.....better get in there and break the fast.
Busy day ahead of me today...need to get the house in order for the "Inspection", need to make a shopping list.
I've had my head in the clouds the last few days planning a trip to Orlando. I'd love to stay at one of the "home away from home" resorts! Dh, and I agree with him, says we need to have a kitchenette. I can't imagine eating out every meal for 10 days. Nasty!
Anyways, we won't be staying at any of the resorts. I would love to though. I've found a couple of off property locations that look nice. Double Tree all Suites and the Holiday Inn Sunspree.
Does anyone have any recommedations?
I better get busy. Have a good one.
CanonGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:15 PM   #332  

Well Good morning girlfriends! The pound came back off today....oh well, more for next week.

Boating Mommy - You go girl! That's just smashing news! WAY TO GO!

Hula - So good to see you - yes...very motivating story. And yup, I too can't wait for the day that the jaw dropper is me . I think it's only human nature to want attention for a job well done. What a reward it will be. Great story.

Trixi - Ya know what I think is so cool, is that our mentatlity - which is the RIGHT mentatlity- is that if we go off, we can just get back OP and keep losing - what a concept...I used to think I should just throw it all away when I went off plan - hence my enormous weight gain......but now, I go off plan from time to time (we all fall down) but get right back on and keep going. Anyway hang in there.

CanonGal - Residence Inn and Summerfield Suites are two other good ones with kitchenettes and are fairly nice and reasonable.

Well, I am getting ready for a big April. I am going to see my parents for Easter and have not seen them since 17 pounds ago. I am very excited as my face is noticeably smaller and I have gone down two sizes. I also am going to my Corporate office in Canada on 4/14 and they have not seen me either. I bought a new suit that I am just praying fits by then. I am very close. I wanta look SHARP.

In the first week of May, my parents come and see me (lot's of poolside vacation time). I am hoping I am down even more by then and feeling fab. In July I go back to Toronto and I am hoping that the transformation will give me some of those jaw drops . It's going to be an exciting couple of months and it is keeping me really motivated.

I re-signed (did not want you to think I ment resigned) with my personal trainer through September. That is really helping on the inches. I may not have lost much weight this month, but I have lost 10 inches this month alone. Anyway - I just know I can do this. WE ALL CAN!

Have a great day everyone. Hello to all of those I did not personally address.

Back to work,
Kitty
AZKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:10 PM   #333  

WOW love hearing all the motivational posts - you are all awesome.

My itching got so bad the doc put me on some med that is helping but the side effect is slowing my metabolism (which is already slow enough) and I was up 1 # this am. Hope I am back to where I was tomorrow
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:39 AM   #334  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Default Yeah, it's Friday!!!

Good morning. Getting geared up for the weekend. We are going camping this weekend. Got the camper all packed and ready to go. I stocked the fridge with lots of good stuff, so if I can stay away from the beer, I should be able to stay OP.

I would love to stay and talk, but I have to run! I will catch up again on Sunday afternoon. Everyone stick to your guns and have a great weekend.
Deenie, I hope the wedding goes as planned and you have lots of fun!
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:48 AM   #335  

Default Happy Friday everybody!!!!

I hit the 15lb loss this morning!! I am SOOO damn proud of myself it isn't funny. I can't wait to see my folks in about 6 or 7 more weeks!!

Another Rainy day in New England..lots of flooding. One of our local schools has their own waterfall in a second floor classroon now.. I KNEW we should have replaced that roof last year!!! Day late, Dollar short as usual for the city government!!

Mommy, Have a great time camping! I used to camp alot as a kid, and have recently introduced the girls to the art of 'roughing it'.. LOL... Gramma and Grampas motor home!! The 6 of us went to Hershey Park PA last year and had so much fun we are going back again this year!

I hope everyone has a super weekend. Remember to turn the clocks ahead Sunday morning!!
Lissandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:26 AM   #336  

Hi, I am very new and never posted but will try. I am Vanessa an almost 46 year old mother of 3: 9 year old G, 7 year old girl and 18 month old boy. I need to loose 65 pounds and have recently lost 17 pounds. I would love to join you on the Father's day challenge. I want to set a high and low goal for myself as I am loosing slowly and am still nursing my son. I would love to loose 40 pounds but feel that might not be reachable as I am going on vacation in the middle. So I would like to make my low goal 25 pounds which would get me down to 200 and would be major accomplishment.

I joined Change 1 in February and hired my daughters to be my trainers and they baby sit for me while I work out. I am doing 15 hours a week at the moment and want to stay there for at least one more month. I have been loosing pounds but not terribly fast but think that it is in part due to the muscle I am building. I need to stop looking pregnant. I have a lot of dietary restrictions so have to feel my way along with that so do not understand points etc but am basically eating a lot of salads vegetables and regular amounts of protein trying to stay away from all gluten and most milk products. I drink like a fish... lots of water and lots of tea, I adore Bengal spice tea as it tastes sweet and has loads of flavor. Thanks Vanessa
vegwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:59 AM   #337  

Good Morning everyone!!!!!

Welcome Vegwall.....we can always use one more. Sounds like you are very motivated and that's great.

It's Friday and this week has pretty much been a right off for me. Very few days was I OP. My Easter goal is out the window I think and I gained 1 pound....serves me right for thinking I could do anything I wanted. I just have to be super motivated for next week and the week after that and the week after that etc.

AZKitty....it will be nice to know that we will be in the same city for a bit..

Everyone else is doing fabulous!!!!

At work and will try to post more tonight.
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:01 AM   #338  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday, Everyone!
Well, I decided to make things happen and I did! I lost 2 lbs. this week. Since I am a slow loser, this is pretty good for me. I drank 10 or more glasses of water, did my own version of low-carb (no bread, muffins or sugary foods) and exercised. And I feel super!

Vegwall, welcome!

Liss, congratulations of 15 lbs. lost!

Boating, have fun camping.

Deenie, hope your itching clears up. Stress does strange things.

AZ, congratulations on losing 10 inches!!

Canon, have fun in Orlando

Hula, you forgot me.

Trixi, Dew, Water, Dianna, Lori, Mahtha -

Have a great weekend, everyone!! We can do this!
Dena
177 highest, 147 FDC start, 143 current, 130 GW

Last edited by Den@; 04-02-2004 at 10:17 AM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:25 AM   #339  

Thumbs up Another day, another chance to stay OP!!!

Hey Chickies, Happy Friday!
Welcome Vegwall! Please do join us, would love to have you here. If you need to read how we post our success, please see post #39.

First things first:
DENA! - How could I miss you? Hey, congrats on the 2#, that is excellent!!!!

Liss - 15#? Amazing! Your positive vibe is contagious! :vibe:

Boating - I'm so jealous, I love camping. Remember : Step away from the s'mores and...HAVE A BLAST!

Wait, have to come back, computer gonna' crash!
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:40 AM   #340  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi ladies,

vegwall,

Kitty, WOW, 10" in one month, shocking

To those who have lost, congrats!!

Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #341  

Default Part Deux..

Trixi- Don't worry Trix. You've identified the problem and know what you need to do! Please don't give up hope, you're already one of our success stories and we would miss you so much if you stopped checking in

AZ - Congratulations on your 17 total pounds. You'll be droppin' jaws in no time!

CanonGal - Have a wonderful time in Orlando! Are you going to DisneyWorld?

DeenieD- I hope your eczema clears up, sounds very uncomfortable. Stress definitely has a way of sidestepping our plans. Stay focused and you will be fine

WaterNymph, Dewcan, Diana - and have a great weekend!!! (again, hope I didn't leave anyone out

Well, I am weighing in early cuz I'm so exited (and I just can't hide it -- I'm about to lose control and I think I LIKE IT -- okay enough of the Ponter Sisters ) I'm down 3.5 pounds for the past couple weeks Yay, I'm psyched <-- I'm using this smiley because noone ever uses this poor guy. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!!!

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it."
~Walt Disney
Hula-Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #342  

Hula – OMG! 3.5#’s is awesome!!!! And that’s after your vacation. I also wanted to mention that story really did help. Its great to see that people can lose weight and if they can we can too!

Den@ - Congrats on not only the 2# loss but the 10 glasses of water. I’m really trying to increase my water intake but its so difficult for me. If you have any suggestions I’d love to hear them.

Trixi – I know this may sound stupid but try not to think of this week as off program but more as bad days. Remember in order to keep the weight off after we’re done we need to continue our new lifestyle. So a few bad days is not off program its just bad days.

Vegwall – Welcome to the group, its good to have you join us.

Lissandy – I am so jealous! 15# since joining this challenge is a huge accomplishment. I’m so proud of you!

Boating – Can I go, Can I, Can I? have a great time on your trip

DeenieD – hang in there that pound will fall right back off!

AZKitty – I can’t wait to hear what your parents say! Its always feels so good to get encouragement from people saying how good you look. I’ve been thinking of hiring a personal trainer too. I’m going to investigate how much they cost.

This week has been the hardest week since I started. Work has been extra stressful and my idea of handling stress has always involved food and alcohol. I’ve managed to keep away from drinking (I know that makes me sound like an alcoholic but that is really not the case). Food on the other hand has been much more difficult, not only am I stressed but I’m starting my period and I WANT FOOD!!!! I’ve been trying to eat lots of health snacks during the day to help with cravings but this week has not been the best. Wednesday night instead of going to work out I got convinced that going out for dinner with friends was a much better idea… did you know 4oz of Carne Asada is 10 points? I know now
Water Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 03:00 PM   #343  

Good afternoon girls. Thanks for the encouraging words everyone!

Ya know...I got really discouraged last night and I know I shouldn't have. I went to my church small group and I had not been in two weeks because I had been out out of town, but I thought for sure people would notice a difference...instead, when I was walking out, two people asked me if I was still going to the gym or not......like man....CAN"T YOU TELL ? I know I can't expect everyone to notice, it's just depressing when I am working so hard. I can barely walk I am soooo soar all of the time....and for gosh sakes, two sizes is a lot isn't it ? Well, I know it should not matter...but IT DOES. OK, whining over.

DeenieD - I was reading another thread on the boards last night and came accross a thread on Flaxseed Oil. I guess this is great for your skin and eczema. Clears it up and makes your skin radiant all over.....oh - and bonus - supposedly helps with metabolism of fats . No more than 40grams (capsule form is fine). Anyway - supposedly you get in healthfood stores. Thought you might be interested.

HULA!!!!!! HULA!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! 3.5 Pounds.....now that's something to cheer about ........... Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight...get down tonight (who sings that?...not sure, but sounded fitting).

Vegwall - It's great to have you....this group offers great accountability and support! We'll be there for ya.

Boatingmommy - Have a fabulous trip - Camping sounds like soo much fun - it seems like forever since I have been.

Lissandy - Way to go on breaking 15 pounds - that is so terrific. You should be so proud of yourself... Pat yourself on the back - and do one extra pat for each of us.

Dena - 2 Pounds is just awesome! I can't believe we are all doing so well. It really is encouraging to be part of a successful challenge. Ya know they say we are like those we relate with. I think we are feeding off of eachother and that is awesome.

Hey Trixi - Yes, it's kinda cool to think we will be in the same town. hey - don't stress about your minor weight gain....for gosh sakes you have lost a TON since we started this challenge! Just make sure you are eating enough (sometimes, believe it or not) eating too little can help you gain weight if you are dieting......I am sure you already know that...I just remembered you saying you were eating a small amount of calories.....anyways,....just a thought.

WaterNymph - I LOVE Carne Asada - oh yummmmmmmmy.....drink lots and lots of water and it will flush it right out.......I think..?

LoriAS & DewCan - Hello out there!

To anyone else I missed - have a terrific weekend!

No pool for me this weekend. It is supposed to rain all weekend (we have the funkiest wheather). I am off to Austin, TX on Sunday.
Hugs and purrs,
Kitty
Old 04-02-2004, 03:09 PM   #344  

DeenieD - Here is what Mrs.Jim posted on Flaxseed oil.. the thread was started as it relates to metabolism and then all of this other dialogue around skin conditions was discussed.
Kitty

Quote:
Description - Flaxseed is just what it sounds like - the seed of the flax plant. The typical use of flaxseed is as a source of the essential fatty acids linolenic acid (LN) and linoleic acid (LA). Flaxseed oil is about 57% LN (an omega-3) and about 17% LA (an omega-6). LN can be converted into eicosapentaonic acid (EPA) and decosahexanoic acid (DHA) - fatty acids which are precursors to anti-inflammatory and anti-atherogenic prostaglandins. Another beneficial ingredient found in abundance in flax seed is lignan - a phytochemical with potential for cancer prevention.

Claims - Reduces cholesterol
Decreases blood pressure
Reduces risk of stroke and heart attack
Reduces arthritis pain
Protects against cancer
Alleviates inflammatory conditions such as multiple sclerosis, eczema and psoriasis

Theory - Some of the health benefits associated with flaxseed consumption may be due to the presence of compounds known as lignans, which are known to possess various pro- and anti-estrogenic properties.

Scientific Support - Studies have shown that 40 grams of flaxseed oil each day can reduce blood clotting by reducing platelet aggregation. Regular flaxseed consumption has also been associated with improvements in the ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids in the blood - a situation which may offer protection from atherogenesis and relief from inflammatory conditions. A number of animal studies have shown a beneficial role of flaxseed oil in delaying breast cancer progression and preventing against colon cancer - sometimes as much as a 50% reduction compared to control groups not fed flaxseed. A clear and consistent reduction in pro-inflammatory markers (tumor necrosis factor and interleukin) has been noted in human subjects supplemented with flaxseed oil.

Safety - Megadoses (>100 grams) of any type of concentrated oil is likely to induce gastrointestinal distress such as nausea and diarrhea due to a laxative effect. Effective doses of flaxseed or flaxseed oil of 30-40 grams per day are unlikely to pose any adverse side effects. A note of caution is warranted, however, in cases of comprised blood clotting such as hemophilia or liver disease, due to the tendency of flaxseed to reduce platelet aggregation and prolong bleeding times. A similar cautionary note is advisable for individuals undergoing surgical procedures - which may predispose the patient to excessive bleeding.

Value - Concentrated flaxseed oil is available at health food stores and natural foods markets. Relative to other vegetable oils, it can be quite expensive. A more economical alternative is to use whole flaxseeds (ground or blended), which are often a fraction of the price of the oil - while offering the added benefits of providing a significant dose of lignans and fiber in addition to the LA and LN essential oils.

Dosage - Beneficial effects have been observed at daily doses of 30-40 grams (2-4 ounces) of either concentrated flaxseed oil or whole flaxseeds per day. Popular uses include salad dressings and spreads for the oil, while the seeds are often used in baked goods or sprinkled on cereal or other foods.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #345  

The pound that appeared yesterday is gone so for official weigh in I am now at 0 again (two weeks in a row). The stress should go away some after the wedding tomorrow.
My daughter and I went for manicures and pedicures and what fun - first time ever for me. Maybe I should make these spa activities mini rewards to keep myself feeling good about me while the weight loss is slow.

Thanks for the info on the flaxseed oil Wonder how much flaxseed ground up is equiv to 40 grams of oil? Anyone tried it much? Maybe I will drop in at the health food store on Monday.

The sun is shining and we are leaving in an hour for the rehearsal and dinner to follow. Depending on how busy tomorrow is I may or may not check in.
DeenieD is offline   Reply With Quote