Old 04-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #391  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. I wanted to get here yesterday and didn't.
i had a great lunch time workout on the elliptical yesterday and tonight I will be meeting a friend at the Y for a 2 mile walk.

Just popping in to report and be inspiried. I"ll get back tonight or tomorrow and do some personals.

Keep up the good work everyone.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Arabella - Sometimes I get confused about how old I am, too! I actually had to think for a few minutes one day, and do the math! haha

Mel - Well for sugar cravings, I generally go for a big cup of tea with splenda, or else a diet coke (or a coke zero if the craving is strong!). Or I have a small amount of whatever it is I'm craving. WTG on the BL dvd!

Susie - Woo hoo!! And the walk sounds nice, how's the weather where you are? Chilly and windy here - but I guess you're walking inside, anyways. lol

Carri - I'm working on trying to incoprorate those foods back in a bit and not have to be so restrictive with them too...DH wanted chinese on his birthday, which is a major trigger for me. I have this fear that if I overeat one day, or eat something like that, that I'll just all of a sudden fall off the wagon completely. Well, I had it on Sunday, and I got right back on my regular foods the next day - no problem. Maybe I'll be able to do the moderation bit...where I have a treat meal once in a while. Just gotta remember the once in a while part!

Well DH gave his notice last night, so he'll be starting his new job (well he's already started by working on his days off, but he'll be starting full time) in 2 weeks. And things are getting shaky at my work, sigh. I'm not sure what will happen, but we'll see. Not much I can do...my personal motto is, if I can't change it, I ain't gonna worry about it! So that's what I'm trying to do! Hope you all have a great day ladies!

Last edited by sept15lija; 04-06-2011 at 10:18 AM.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #393  
It is what it is...

Morning all - having a crazy day so far....odd things going on...looks like going to be another gloomy day around here, well maybe - I do see some sun trying to poke around...did peak on the scale again and saw 220.8 so hoping that means I can be at 219 by end of weekend, we will see, fingers crossed.

Mel - I don't do artificial sweetners so when I have a sugar craving I have the real thing, haha ...I have really been into the Chocolate Goldfish from Pepperidge Farm lately...they are so chocolatety and you have 46 of them for 140 calories...alot in my opinion ...and they really take that sweet craving away.

Susie - great job on the exercise, I am very sporadic about it ...I usually dont do it until I no longer can lose just by calorie counting alone...I am bad about it.

Liz - I have been craving chinese for days now, I really love it...crab rangoon are my favorites and egg rolls, which I know are probably some of the worst for ya...I get scared too when I have a cheat meal that it will cause a week of me being off, because well it normally does, but I was able to have that pizza Sat night and stay OP so I was proud of that...and with the work thing I am the same way, I always say I will just continue to come in to work until they tell me not too, nothing I can do about it anyhow...

Arabella - thanks for the recipe...hey I think it was you that was talking about Almond Milk not to long ago, I have been interested in trying but have got mixed reviews on the taste - what do you think of it ?

Hi to Auntie G !!!!!!

I need to go to the grocery store so bad but this is my late night at work and once I get off I am starving and just want to go home and get dinner together...so have to go out today for lunch...thinking about trying the new shrimp soft tacos at Taco Bell for lunch...if you leave off the creamy sauce on them they are only 130 cals each ...or maybe a chicken breast w/o the skin from KFC...who knows...but I am already hungry.

have a good day girls

See ya,
Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #394  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Liz-good luck with your job and I hope DH loves his new one! Yay for having Chinese then jumping right back on the wagon!

Carri-The scale is just dropping for you like crazy...congrats!!

The weather is a little better today. I did the BL dvd this morning then took the kids to the dentist which is always fun...not! I also got a new cellphone today, the new htc thunderbolt....we will see how I like it.
Have a great day ladies!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #395  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, nothing too exciting going on here, beautiful day out, nice and sunny and gonna be a high of 66 degrees today.

I started watching this show on Monday night called "Addicted to Food" on OWN ( Oprah Winfrey Network ) just started this week so I have only seen the one show but it looks interesting. Anyone else watch it?

Mel - Thanks, it does seem to be sliding off of me lately...hope it continues

Hi to everybody else ...hope you all are doing great !!

Later,
Carri
Old 04-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #396  

Hi Ladies,
It has been a very busy wel at home and work but a good busy; however I have must admit that I think I haven't been in the sort of focused mindset I like to be in when it comes to weight-loss but it seems to be ok this week. I'm starting to think that a key issue that gets in the way of my continued weightloss is I have this all or nothing attitude.

I'm not sure what do to with that thought and I would like your input.

Carri-What time is that show on?

Liz: I love your personal motto--I am trying to get to that point in life. I'm sure things will turn out ok with both of the jobs--but it I know how it is to worry about those things.

Mel: I want you to know that I've noticed that you haven't mentioned peeking at the scales and I am proud of you!
As for the sugar craving it does help me to chew gum or I will have a sucker.

TOPS tonight--we will see what the scales say. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #397  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, having an okay morning I guess...I have sneaked on the scale the last few days each morning and keep seeing the same 220.8 for the last three days...so that kind of has me down...as normally I see at least it going down some each day, like 0.2 or something...hopefully this will break this weekend...

Susie - I believe it is on Mondays at 10:00, but not 100% on that ...

Okay, girls not much to say today, so getting back to work, have a great weekend !!!

Carri
Old 04-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #398  
One Day at a Time...

I am just furious this morning. I havent stepped on the scale all week but I was curious this morning bc I did so well calorie wise yesterday. I only had 940 cals and went on a walk with my mom,the boys and her dog. I have been under calories all week and did my video 2xs this week. Tell me why I step on the scale and see 189.6?! I am about to be done with the calorie counting stuff bc I have worked so hard for nothing! It's been over 10 months on this journey and even when adding exercise I don't lose anything...I GAIN. Sorry ladies I just feel hopeless and like I am done....
Old 04-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #399  
It is what it is...

I am feeling down too this morning Mel ...I don’t know why our bodies do this to us sometimes...I have been under calories the last few days and have been watching carbs and the scale hasn’t moved in the last few days...please don't give up, sometimes you have to go through long periods of plataues...I have also heard never to go below 1200 on your calories as they may hinder weight loss...starvation mode for the body...who knows really, just please don't give up I know it will get better and you will start to see a loss again eventually ...step away from the cookies !!! Lol ....hugs
Old 04-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #400  

Mel: I'm sorry that your body is giving you a hard time. I've heard that being under calories can show you a weight-loss in the beginning but later it can mess you up.
Have you tried staying at the calorie and fat grams that you should be getting? Maybe that, with being sure your calorie intake has a lot of protein in it and doing 45 min of cardio a day at least 5 days a week will kick it into gear again? I've read that having more protein and working out for 45 min at a time, being sure that you stay aerobic not anaerobic is how to burn fat.
I also had a friend who was having trouble getting the scales to move and a dietian said her calorie intake was good but her fat grams were to much.
The closer you get to goal the more that sort of stuff matters.
Hang in there!

Carri: I hope you see the number on the scales that you want to see when you get on them Saturday.

I am excited to share that I had a 1.50 lb loss at TOPS last night!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #401  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Happy Saturday! Down 4.5 today- woo hoo! I don't have time to catch up right now, but I'll be back later or tomorrow. I just had to get my ticker updated! I'll have to look into one of those that allows the decimals, cause this one will be lying by 1/2 lb...

Have a great weekend, everyone!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Mel - I am so sorry, how frustrating. Did the scale go the right way today for you? I hope so. Maybe your body was holding on since you ate so low on calories. :hugs:

Carri - Hope the scale moved for you too today!

Susie - Congrats on 1.5lbs!! WTG!

auntie g - OH my, congrats on 4.5lbs down!! Awesome!

As for me, I'm 0.2 pounds up. But as you can imagine, that's just fine. I've been floating around 140 the past week or so. Things were crazy at work yesterday, major crisis, and it's still going on today and up to me to solve it this morning. YUCK. Wish me luck!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #403  
One Day at a Time...

Thank you all for the words of encouragement, I weighed 188.4 this morning so still up 0.4 from last week. Maybe I am trying so hard to be under calories I am hurting myself. I have had headaches most of the week and probably not had as much protein as I should. I think chicken will become a huge part of my diet this week. Dh is at a meeting for work right now and they never have meetings on Saturday so I am super nervous about what is going to happen

Carri-I think a bunch of things including the gain yesterday pushed me over the edge. No more under 1200 cals for me, I can have 1394 so I guess I need to stay by that. Thanks for making me feel better!

Susie- I am going to try to stay up at my 1394 calorie mark and add more exercise! Thank you for all the great advice!

Auntie- Congrats on 4.5 pounds that is amazing!! Pass some of that success this way lol

Liz-I am going to bump my cals up to 1394 I should be eating and see how it goes. Hope everything with work goes well!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #404  
It is what it is...

Good Afternoon girls ...well the scale did not work with me this morning...showed me down only 0.4 for the week and most weeks I am losing 2-3 pounds so not happy ...I got to thinking that I havent had a day in about three weeks where I havent been right at 1500 cals...so thinking I need a day of high calorie to shake things up...that has always helped me out in the past so we will see, today dh bought strawberry cupcakes so trying to decide if I will have one...I might have half, I do need to shake up the metabolism some...

Mel - I am right there with ya this week, I know how frustrating it is, here is to us both having a better week next week.

Congrats to all who had a loss, wtg Auntie G especially ...

Hope you all have a great weekend, off to watch a recorded david letterman... see ya

Carri
Old 04-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #405  

Its a rainy, cool day here in Ohio. I just want to snuggle on the couch and read. But we have friends from Missiouri in this weekend--they are visiting family, so we will be going out to dinner tonight. It will be fun--I'm just feeling lazy right now and trying to get up and do somethings before going to dinner.

I did have my hair cut and colored early this morning and a massage. I try to get a massage every other month. It's more of a medical massage than relaxing but it does make me feel relaxed once it is over. I'm drinking more water than usual today and tomorrow--very important after a massage. I'm a big water drinker anyway, but adding more.

Auntie! I'm so excited for you and your 4.5 lb loss.

Mel: Sorry the scales weren't what you wanted this week but you weren't up as much as you thought you might be and it sounds like you are ready with your game plan.
I hope the Saturday meeting for DH is not bad--I'll say a prayer.

Carri: Sometimes the body will have a week where the loss isn't as big as it had been. It's just your body catching up. It looks like you have seen where you might need to tweak things--I'm sure it will make the difference.

Liz: Your week (and day) sounds a bit stressful--I believe you will solve the crisis and when you do be sure they recognize the leadership role you took in it.

Hi Ky and Arabella!