Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

NOVAK you look so amazing!

ERIN, I went downhill fast let me tell you. I had Christian Brothers Brandy and Sprite, not even diet sprite. I think my saving grace was the fact that my body totally rejected the alcohol and I was in the bathroom all day yesterday (TMI, I know!!). I totally planned on drinking water all night until I had a sip then was handed a cup full and all caution went out the window. I so did not want to look at the scales tonight and would have deserved a gain, so glad it went in the right direction!!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:06 AM   #122  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Novak....you look awesome.
I helped my friend at her daughter's graduation yesterday. Served cake, mints, mixed nuts and punch. I ate about 5 nuts and that was it.
I am going to visit my parents in Ohio for a couple weeks. Am planning to go to phase 2 to help with the food planning. My mom loves to cook, so that will be my biggest challenge...trying not to hurt her feelings.
Don't really know what the problem is with living on the shakes. My coach said I could have any of the non-restricted IP items in any combination. I like a little variety, but don't think you have to change it up if you don't want to.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:07 AM   #123  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
I wrote the following on Friday and I can't keep up with all the wonderful posts. Is there any way to see if someone has answered my question on Friday or do I have to go through all the posts since then? Istarted a version of IP this morning. I ordered some items from Lindora and bought a huge bottle of Muscle Pro from Costco. It tasted pretty good and I had it for bf and lunch. Of course my multivit. is not the same brand but I use a for women tablets.
What other sources are there to buy from that would be cheaper than IP?
On phase one what is the maximum number of carb grams allowed? Protein? fat?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks BevS so much,
What other products of theirs have you used safely (i.e. did not stop losing weight)?
Would my rep/coach allow for products to be bought outside of her control? I mean they make a living out of this, don't they?
Do you guys miss fruits?
Does the soy from health food market have as much protein?
I have in the past bought soy chips from them but it didn't have a lot of protein.

HEY THERE TX! I searched an found these replies to you since friday. I hope that helps with getting oriented for the week! I couldn't do a proper quote because those threads are closed BUT, here are the details!

TXREALTOR:
Every day since January I questionned myself whether I could do it or not! Had my ups (like right now!) and downs (when I broke to tears saying I can't do this anymore and/or cheated!). A good advice would be to follow the plan and postpone every temptation to 30min. after the next meal. That is usually when I feel great about myself, about the plan and not hungry! It is easier then to say I don't need this food, I am worth feeling good about myself and... maybe I'll eat a piece when I am done with the program!

Hi SylnieG,
I am inspired by your progress but was hoping that after being on the program for so long, you wouldn't get hungry and the amount of food would be enough. Are you hungry when you are tempted or do you crave carbs and food you can't have?
I have a couple of questions for the more experienced ladies on IP:
Do you know about MIM (muffin in a minute) from Atkins? Can you use that in IP? I have horrific constipation problems that when I am on low carbs plans worsen. It seems like what ever I do is only good for a short time and my body ajusts to it, so that it won't work any more. This has been the case with colace, dulcolax, fiber, roughage, acidophilus (I guess this can be counted as probiotic), magnesium, metamucil and water with all of these. of those who have the same problem, what works for you on this plan?
One other concern I have is not only missing fruit but also the fact that not eating them puts me down the wrong road! MIM has been working for me so far but I was wondering if it can be used on IP.

I check this forum with a lot of excitement every time. I am amazed at how many people are as engaged in this plan as I have only met one person who has been on it.

BEV S REPLIED:
I looked it up on line and here is the recipe:

"Muffin in a Minute (MIM)
Nutritional Information
Per Serving:

Net Carbs: 3.2 grams
Fiber: 8.8 grams
Protein: 12 grams
Fat: 18 grams
Calories: 243

Makes: 1 serving

Ingredients:

1/4 cup flax meal (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
1 packet splenda packet (0.9 net carbs)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
1 teaspoon butter
(can add tablespoon of sour cream to make more moist)

Directions:

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug.
Stir.
Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.
Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.
Cream cheese would go nicely, too.
The shape of this can be changed by making it in a bowl.
It can be "toasted" once it's cooked.
The cinnamon can be replaced. I would imagine that any sugar free syrup could be added.
Some people count the flax as a carb/fiber wash, so then the net carbs would be 2.78."

If it were me, I would use one of my teaspoons of olive oil in place of the butter and use the MIM in place of a meal packet. 12 protein grams is a little light. You could have half of a protein shake with 0 to 1 carb in addition to the muffin. And, of course, don't use the sour cream, cream cheese, or butter for spreading. The fat content is pretty high though. Nine of those grams are in the flax meal. You could use 1 or 2 egg whites instead of a whole egg to cut the fat down. The rest of the fat would be in the olive oil, which we need every day anyway. Remember, your body doesn't get knocked out of ketosis by fat. However, it has to burn the dietary fat before burning your body fat. The fat in flax meal is really high quality though and high in Omega 3's. It's your call. Oh, yeah, I'd count it as a restricted item due to the higher calorie content and fat content.

Well, TX, I didn't ask my coach. I just took the bull by the horns and did it. It worked OK for me. The Lindora site has a lot of success stories to read about. I actually only ordered once from Ideal Protein after paying $300 for my quick-start package. That's when someone on this forum told me about Lindora. I told my coach I was using some substitutions to save money, and she seemed fine with it. She is a young, married mom still living at home with her parents to save money. She has still been supportive. Many coaches might not be though.

TX REALTOR:
Thanks BevS so much,
What other products of theirs have you used safely (i.e. did not stop losing weight?). Would my rep/coach allow for products to be bought outside of her control? I mean they make a living out of this, don't they? I was speaking with this coach and asking questions from her about IP. By the middle of the conversaion, we figured out that it would take me an hour or more each way to go for weigh-ins and she was nice enough to give me the name of another coach closer to me (hence only the name and not the number) and she quickly said she had to hang up. Not that I blame her, she found out I had no economic usefulness for her and stopped caring. Now, a good rep would continue to help (especially since I was uncomfortable by then as well and wanted to not take any more of her time either) and I could have referred to her other friends living close to her. Some of us never learn.

Do you guys miss fruits? I have to go out of town tomorrow but am planning on seeing this other coach sometimes next week. Should I try reading the attached info on the sticky and buy from Lindora first?
BTW, does the soy from health food market have as much protein? I have in the past bought soy chips from them but it didn't have a lot of protein in it.
Hey BevS,
How long have you been on IP? You lost 50 lbs and I know we are all different but was wondering.

BEV S REPLIED:
Hey, TX, I used the berry and strawberry creme smoothies, the cheesecake, the custard creme pudding with toffee bits, and the caramel nut bars as a restricted item. I also sometimes made a shake out of whey protein isolate and the Walden Farms chocolate syrup and made crepes using sugar free pancake mix and whey protein isolate that were about 3 1/2 net carbs or something like that. I started the diet on Jan. 5 and reached goal today. The first week I lost 6 1/2 pounds and the second week 3 1/2. After that it got less and less the closer I got to goal, but I never had a week where I didn't lose something, plus I always lost inches. When I started, my measurements were 44-41-44, with the waist measurement around the belly button and I was wearing size 16 in jeans. Today my measurements are 38-29-36 and I'm wearing a size 6 in jeans. I'm really not trying to convince anyone to go with substitutions. I'm just saying I did and it worked for me. I think Ideal Protein is way overpriced and they could do better by their clients. You might try starting out with a coach and go IP all the way and decide how much support you're getting there before you decide to do it on your own or not.

I was talking about soy nuts. As far as I know, they have the same amount of protein no matter where you get them. I don't know about the chips as I didn't use them.

SYLVIE G REPLIED:
It depends on the day and of what I am eating... For example, if I eat the omelette for breakfast, sometimes I get hungry before lunch. Most of the time, it is carb or "illegal" food cravings. When it happens, I now am able to wait until the next meal or until the urge goes away. Hope it helps!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #124  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Wishing everyone a great night and morning. Here I am at the end of day 7 and facing my first WI tomorrow... :S
I am guilty of hopping on the scale.. alot..lol, before I go to the washroom, after I go to the washroom,.. ugh, I know better but I've been watching my progress.. so far so good!
.. I miss gum .. I actually have some in my purse and well, I .. sniffed it! lol It was enough for now..
I love all the posts and I know I sound like a broken record, but it really does help and motivate me.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:36 AM   #125  

UGLY DUCKLING Well, I've gotten so many confusing messages about lettuce. I have simply resorted now to buying organic hearts of romaine lettuce (3 pak in most grocery stores or 6 pack at Costco) It seems like the Spring Mix should count as lettuce but I've been told several times that it's a non-lettuce veggie even though it's mostly a variety of lettuces and similar nutritional values. I have to say that I love the long romaine leaves b/c I stuff them with salmon, ground beef, onions, and pickels, or egg with celery,onion, and olive oil.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #126  

TO SARE IN AZ: I live in the desert of AZ but even if you live in the high desert or the northern part of the state, it is very arrid here. I eat, at least, 1 teaspoon of the sea salt each day, if not more. I drink so much water that I'm flushing out the sea salt quickly so feel the need for more of this electrolyte in my body. Salt is so important for heart health and the sea salt has other micronutrients in it. Just make sure you buy a good one that has not been bleached out, etc. REAL SALT brand is available at Sprouts and yummy! So, keep eating your salt b/c if you're drinking lots of water like most of us in the desert, you're flushing the salt out quickly! I'd venture to say that I may, at times, even have 1 1/2 teaspoons per day plus whatever is in pickles, etc.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #127  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

Ugggh!!! Had a dreadful May long weekend. Went on a trip to vancouver with my male friend and it was next to impossible to follow IP! We spent the whole weekend walking about 10plus km's a day for 4 days! But eating yummy asian cuisine at every turn. I am crossing my fingers that I can slip back into IP tmmrow without to much discomfort. Very difficult doing my Dental Hygiene job with a headache and feeling sick!!! Well cheers to everyone and hope all is well. Need to catch up with all the posts over the next few days!!! cheers ladies!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:52 AM   #128  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Ok.. I am still reading last week to see what I missed! :
pita: I loved the dibbs story! I was wondering have you returned the love in the cigarettes yet? Also, I use the flavored sweet leaf stevia drops and they are awesome. I flavor my coffee, tea, water, shakes, desserts and more.

Sheila : Your picture is beautiful! Your coah’s deal each week is pretty much on track. In my experience those things run $ 23 - $30 for a bottle of vitamins each, salt $3.65, boxes $27 each and premade drinks $4.50 each or 6 for $27.. roughly 97 dollars a week for what you are talking about.

Kelsey: I loved your comment about taking an inhale of muffin. I still do that too!

Stacerp: I am happy for you! It must feel great to get into new sizes AND to take a break and not gain anything significant!

erin and kellyrock: Hey ladies! I guess I missed the splenda/sucralose use issue. My understanding is the only reason to watch the splenda we add is each tsp added contributes 1 more carb to our day. Some people have seriously overused the splenda and it has added up and slowed down the loss or pulled them out of ketosis.

edamame/soya? I have been told it is fine to use. It is suggested to stick with the BLACK EDAMAME/soya. It is the mature bean and is much lower in carbs only 1 net carb per ½ cup and 6 fat which makes it like a chocolate drink. It tastes FANTASTIC.. Like black beans. I buy it canned from eden organics.
http://www.edenfoods.com/store/produ...FRJWagodvS4yKA
http://www.amazon.com/Eden-Organic-B.../dp/B000GZS9Q6

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
I volunteered to fill water and punch glasses to keep myself busy. Had to make a new hole on my belt this weekend too!
GREAT PLAN! Congrats on the NSV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
btw: I paid ~$10 for 2 nice juicey free range organic chickens! love sales.
another btw: I just added my cooked rhubarb to vanilla pudding...OMG OMG...I could have 5 more of that mixture! (that was my oh dear I need something or might pass out mean before I start worrying about dinner)
I love organic foods. I try to stick with them as much as I possibly can and ALWAYS with meats and eggs. They just taste better. I really love the vanilla and rhubarb too. It is perfect in balance for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERYL5 View Post
If you were to buy this product for the sake of saving money. How do you know what is restricted and what isn't? Is the food any good? I am doing IP but, a friend wanted to know about Lindora.
Have you checked out this link below? It is the comparison of the alternate products. It might give you some ideas on what works. 
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...deas-tips.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
I tried something different I made the strawberry pudding and added some cooked rhubarb with a little vanilla extract and cinnamon. Now I don't have to waste the strawberry pudding and I get some veggies in with my dessert. Pretty proud of myself right now.
Very creative! I may have to try that. I have mixed the rhubarb with the jello and it worked very well. The raspberry helped a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I'm getting sick Not looking forward to having a full on cold while on IP. Guess I shouldn't have used my sick cousins cutlery that she licked...
I also weighed in today and my coach had to get a new scale because hers stopped working. My scale had told me I lost 2.5 lbs but her new scale said 0.5 lbs. Oh well, it's all relative I guess, but annoying that her new scale weighs me 2 lbs heavier than it used to. (her and my scale were the exact same before).
Oh and can I say HOORAY for having our own forum!!
So sorry to hear you are feeling sickly. I hope it passes quickly. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! My coach changed scales a while ago and, where we use to be spot on- his scale to mine, now he says I have lost nearly nothing each week but my home scale continues to show me losing quite well. GRRR
I hope every feels good out our having a forum. I am wanting to do a post and get feed back. Maybe we can have just a weekly general or minor questions chat thread and then have a several specific threads for the usual questions we see. Things thought could get their own thread (making it easier for referencing back or newbies) would be : exercise, ketosis/ketones, travel, eating out and restaurants, holidays, supplements, bodily changes, female issues, sweeteners, alternate products, occasional products, extras: gum, noodles, sodas, sparkling water, what to expect, adjusting thru cravings/hunger/headaches, packet tips and tricks, restricted foods, PCOS/insulin resistance and IP, Hypothryoid and IP….
What do you think? Might it help some in keep things more organized and keeping the chat , “chatty” but not over 500 posts a week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatBeef View Post
I have a queston - I was makeing a sauce this evening to go over fresh fruit (actually it was creme anglaise) for a get together. It's made up of whipping cream, egg yolks and sugar (probably why I'm over weight) Anyway, I licked the back of the spoon and then the front of it too - OUCH! Am I going to throw myself out of ketosis? It wasn't a spoon full . . . just the spoon - probably a tsp., maybe 1.5 tsp. I know I'm not making much sense, I just don't want to ruin what I've done so far. Plus, someone posted about "resetting your pancreas" and it taking 6 weeks so I"m bound and determined to do that without a cheat. Shoot, I'm so mad at myself. Why did I do that? You know, at the time I say to myself . . Oh, no problem. Then afterwards, when I finally pull my head out of the sand I start freaking out!! Dang it.
You will be fine. Just be VERY STRICT tomorrow, your body won’t hang on to any of today. It is part of getting started. I never realized how much I used to taste and lick until I started this plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
Day 1 on the IP diet.
Any suggestions on what to eat as far as veggies on the go? I am a rehab therapist and see many of my patients in their homes. I am constantly on the go and don't always have access to a microwave/stove for lunch. Today I made a drink for lunch and had some Spring Mix with cucumber slices for my veggie. Does Spring Mix count towards the 2 cups of vegetables, or is it considered lettuce?
Welcome! Congrats on the 30 pound head start too! On the go is fairly easy if you can keep a soft side cooler with some blue ice packs. I cut up cucumbers, asparagus, broccoli, celery, make salads, have mushrooms, pack some kale chips( keep them dry), pickles, or slices of zucchini. I eat them raw or if I grilled or roasted them, eat them like a cold anti pasta.
I use lettuce of all kinds as lettuce. The carbs are relatively the same. I am more careful with spinach but, a cup of raw spinach is 0 carb where a cup of romaine is 1 carb so, I don’t worry much about it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i don't feel like IP is a diet, it's a way of life i'm training myself to enjoy and i just wish i could have the support in life that i get in here. OK, done with my sob story, long story short-having a bad week.
Erin! This is LIFE! This is just as much a part of your real life as anywhere else. Maybe you will never meet us but, who knows. I was part of a forum that people knew each other for 5 or 6 years online and actually did meet one another over time. WHO KNOWS! The point really is, YOU HAVE THE SUPPORT YOU NEED the rest will come with time!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-25-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 AM   #129  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Mamaerinb and Pitakitten-I only drank grey goose until recently when I discovered Rain organic vodka. Comes in flavors. really smooth and since I only have it with water, that's important. In 4 months I have had about 6 drinks, but it's a good choice when you just have to celebrate or commiserate...better than a pina colada, obviously.
My son goes crazy when I make the kale chips. He can't stand the way the house smells afterwards! I love these silly chips and like to make them a lot... but I don't like the smell either, nor of broccoli or cauliflower in the steamer. Sometimes I don't make them just because of that!
showgirlaz- My Mom had me when she was 40 and I am a member of that sandwich generation. Young children and older parents to take care of during the same time. Extremely stressful and in many ways just impossible to meet the needs of all. BUT to have not had children to avoid that situation would have been such a mistake! My parents are no longer alive... my children are older. They bring such joy and love and fulfillment to your life. And of course there should be grandchildren in the distant future as well. I completely understand what you are saying but like many things in life, there really isn't a good, convenient time for kids. They are a lot of work and expense and stress. I just feel there is no greater joy in life.
You are a person who nurtures a lot of others here.(Just look at your most recent post!!) Seems to me you have a lot of LOVE to give!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-25-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:19 AM   #130  

Height: 5.8

Good morning evryone! it took me a while to find you and then to catch up on everyone...wowza!

Well after a week off of IP and then my first full week back on IP I lost 4 pounds and sit at 58 pounds lost in 11 weeks I spent the long weekend at Mont Temblant and managed to not stray once, get in my run every morning and have a compltely wonderful time. I stayed on plan and I feel proud.

Jordanna, sending you feel better vibes
Novak, u look amazing
CW..I love your new pic, you and your hubby are a beautiful couple
Elizabeth, hope you havent lost your mind yet, you are down to the home stretch...Im sending you sanity vibes
Carla..i love your posts, thanks for getting us our own forum

Keep up the awesome job everyone! Have a great day!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:36 AM   #131  

Default Amazing Pictures

Hi everyone,

Welcome "Newbie's"! You will love this diet!

I was scanning through checking out all the new photos. You guys are looking great.

Carla - I love your new avatar! You look terrific!
Jordanna - You look so cute in your new avatar! I checked your pic's on your website and you amaze me. You are beatiful and so inspiring.
Dienkatze aka Elizabeth - Your profile picture is beautiful, you will make a beautiful bride very soon!
Novak - You look awesome!
CW - You and your hubby are a cute couple, very attractive avatar pic!
Erin - You skinny little girl! You are doing terrific!
Sylvie - I saw your new pic I think in the last week thread. What amazing changes you have made. You look wonderful!!
Sassykimann - You look terrific! Your dress will need to be altered or a new dress by September!

Check out my website and click on the contact button for my most recent picture.

http://mynucerity.com/bluemermaid/

I miss you guys!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:14 AM   #132  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Blue Mermaid-- It's awfully pricey but does the skin treatment you're selling, really make a difference? Are there samples available to try? How long does it take for you to notice a change in your skin? Thanks.
ps- Your picture looks great!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-25-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #133  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Good morning evryone! it took me a while to find you and then to catch up on everyone...wowza!

Well after a week off of IP and then my first full week back on IP I lost 4 pounds and sit at 58 pounds lost in 11 weeks I spent the long weekend at Mont Temblant and managed to not stray once, get in my run every morning and have a compltely wonderful time. I stayed on plan and I feel proud.

Jordanna, sending you feel better vibes
Novak, u look amazing
CW..I love your new pic, you and your hubby are a beautiful couple
Elizabeth, hope you havent lost your mind yet, you are down to the home stretch...Im sending you sanity vibes
Carla..i love your posts, thanks for getting us our own forum

Keep up the awesome job everyone! Have a great day!
EXCELLENT on the 4lb loss! keep going!

Thanks for the sanity vibes... I need them LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Hi everyone,

Welcome "Newbie's"! You will love this diet!

I was scanning through checking out all the new photos. You guys are looking great.

Carla - I love your new avatar! You look terrific!
Jordanna - You look so cute in your new avatar! I checked your pic's on your website and you amaze me. You are beatiful and so inspiring.
Dienkatze aka Elizabeth - Your profile picture is beautiful, you will make a beautiful bride very soon!
Novak - You look awesome!
CW - You and your hubby are a cute couple, very attractive avatar pic!
Erin - You skinny little girl! You are doing terrific!
Sylvie - I saw your new pic I think in the last week thread. What amazing changes you have made. You look wonderful!!
Sassykimann - You look terrific! Your dress will need to be altered or a new dress by September!

Check out my website and click on the contact button for my most recent picture.

http://mynucerity.com/bluemermaid/

I miss you guys!
Nice new pic Mermaid!

And thank you for the compliments on m Profile picture too
Old 05-25-2010, 09:53 AM   #134  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! At home today with my busy, busy toddler, he loves to get into trouble all day, dragging things out of cabinets, trying to swim in the toilet, pulling all of the dvd's out of the entertainment center. i think i've finally realized that i haven't bought all the baby proof locks and things bc i'm hoping one day he'll get bored with tearing up my house. thinking that i might be taking a trip to the stre today and installing them all over my home! did my ketostick this morning and it was tan...hoping it's bc i'm properly hydrated and not out of ketosis, not sure when or how that would have happened in the last 24 hours..trying not to worry too much about it but it is in te back of my mind.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

also decided last night that i am going to start in on the works for a mini-getaway for the hubby and i at the beginning of august. our wedding anniversary is on sept 5th, LABOR DAY weekend:P (a huge 3 day weekend in the the states) so we're going to celebrate early and get away to a south texas beach for a weekend. looking forward to feeling good in a bikini, getting some sun and catching up on my reading

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-25-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #135  

Erin - you just described my day exactly except add in "learning to walk and smashes his face in to everything so I have to comfort him 100 times a day" too your list lol.

Don't worry about the ketostix, mine barely show anymore because I'm so hydrated!
Closed Thread