Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 09:00 PM   #496  

Height: 5'10"

I've been travelling quite a bit - it's been a challenge but I've packed a cooler with veggies and IP drinks and have kept the damage to a minimum. That's the good news! The bad news is I had a total lack of commitment today, totally threw everything out the window thanks to the )$(*)# oreos. Not sure what was going on in my head and why I had so little self control, but I slipped. Now to dust myself off and move on....feels like the slips are coming more frequently. My original goal was 177, which would be about 5 pounds from the scale this morning. I think I may move to phase 2 when I weigh in this week -- try to phase out for a while, and rethink my 170 goal. I don't know if it's just a bad day or what my problem is, but I'm ready to be maintaining (and not with Oreos either! LOL).
Old 05-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

I am very interested in the recipes that use rhubarb. I have gone to Bloom and Giant looking for frozen rhubarb. No luck. Any suggestions where to find it?
Old 05-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #498  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Iodine

Thank you ShowgirlAZ for your thoughtful comments! That's great that your thyroid is improving!

[I spoke with my doctor and have found that my body needs a low level of iodine supplementation. I was much lower in selenium though that iodine so I take a fair amount of selenium each day. I have seen in my blood labs that my hypothyroid activity is returning to an almost normal range in the past 6 months.]
Old 05-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #499  

Height: 5'8"

yeah......so i went to the lake today on our friends' boat and i totally screwed up, not once but many times..michelob ultra, jagerbombs, vodka and life waters, smoked sausage and then to top it all off a taco bell fietsa taco salad and i ate the tortilla shell....i feel so guilty and awful but i am glad to have you guys to "confess" to and get back on track again tomorrow. i feel like i let myself down and it is SOOOOOOOO a slippery slope
Old 05-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #500  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
WELLLLL....my husband booked tickets to go to Germany today!!!! We leave on July 6th..boy oh boy would I love to be down to 175 by then....BUT I am worried about what I am going to eat when we are there for THREE WEEKS!! Yiks!!! Any ideas would be welcome....I am excited but nervous too, we will be staying with my husband's cousin and family..so no hotels to contend with.
I guess I can take the protein packets, but probably NOT the ready to go puddings and drinks?????

Oh well another mini goal for me......July 6....175lbs....here I come ready or not
I spent 5 weeks last summer in Switzerland, Germany, Austria.... BE PREPARED is all I can say! I wasn't dieting at all and I was having a hard time eating healthy in general.

My suggestions are:
READ AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ON GERMANY AND THE AREA YOU WILL BE IN. Rick Steve's has great books and has tips/tricks/discounts in them. Check online for his website too.
http://www.german-way.com/dine.html

Learn how to ask for TAP WATER. They will provide it but we must ask. for tap water ("Leitungswasser, bitte.") and for bottled water ("Mineralwasser, bitte.") it is likely to come with bubbles or without aka STILL. BE PREPARED, most Germans will not drink tap water, nothing is wrong with the water, it just isn't done. You will likely get a strange look but, they will usually bring it anyway.

DON'T bring your own drink into a restaurant and then drink from it. VERY taboo. We kind of get away with it here in our more casual places but it is completely out of place over there.

When you get to your place of lodging find a market in the area. It is much cheaper to buy bottled water and keep it in your hotel. Our hotels had little mini fridges all along so, I kept some water in there (had to rearrange a bit) to have some cold things. If you have a car this is a really easy thing because you can buy several bottles of water and pay much less for the flats.

You might consider looking at a camping/hiking shop like REI and see about a water filtration bottle. You can take it in your suitcase dry then in germany, you can fill it from any tap, it will filter, save you a bit of money and give you better flavor.

I would suggest talking to your coach about going to PHASE 2 for the month. It will make things MUCH easier!!

The food in Germany was rich with butter, flours, fats, cheeses, and sodium. The meats were even fatty. I had to really look over menus to find and the ask for and pay extra for the vegetables and salads.

Speaking of salad TAKE your walden foods to go packets of dressing in your big suitcase. Otherwise, be prepared to use a salad oil and Lemon or whatever vinegar they may have. If you went for a dressing there... make the choice to go fatty over low fat/low cal. It will keep the carbs in check and with you walking around a lot I think you will be burning more calories.

Take your packets of cereal, vanilla pudding, chocolate drink, or other drinks you like. Take a good shaker than easily rinses/cleanse up. Buy the washing soap at a local market when you get there. You can always have chilled cold water delivered to your room or get a bottle of it. BE PREPARED you may need to put ice in your shaker, shake the ice with your water first to cool it down, then mix. VERY COOL water is not a common thing to many Germans. It is often done in touristy places though.

If you are at a hotel with a full breakfast, it is very nice usually! Our different hotels had great buffets with eggs, meats, veggies fresh and cooked, and all the "not now stuff" - breads, pastry, yogurt, cheese,fruit, and chocolate.

Depending on how you want to do it, it would be very easy to have:

A breakfast meal made from the buffet, A walk about shake/drink/cereal with a simple green salad, A dinner meal, An evening pudding/drink snack

OR:

a coffee drink breakfast (made with the vanilla pudding),A good lunch,
A good dinner, your evening snack

Take your SEA SALT

I bought little medicine bags at the pharmacy and packed my vitamins for the time of the trip. It made it easier to move things around in the suitcase not fighting the shape of the bottles.

You can get the omega oil capsules at the health food store or whole foods/sprouts etc. that you take with you so you don't need to think about where your oil is coming from.

Pack your splenda or stevia. It isn't readily available there.

Plan ahead, look online or ask at the hotel about a farmers market or fresh grocer. You can get things for a day or so at a time like cucumber, zucchini, celery, etc. Pick up a knife at the market, wash things in the room, eat on the go if you can find veggies in the restaurant. That is the most dire circumstance you might face. Most of the time, you will find what you need, it just may be a la carte.

Look to have meat dishes with roasted vegetables, they are on nearly every menu. AVOID THE SAUCES... they will hold them for you when you ask or say on the side and don't use it.

ENJOY YOURSELF TOO! I hate to say it on this forum and I know how much you want to lose the weight BUT, COME ON!!! You will be in Germany. I haven't the faintest clue about whether you have been there before or not or will ever go again but, assuming this is a first and only time... don't screw it up for 10 pounds.

Be careful and thoughtful about what you eat. Watch the carbs and the fat. But don't avoid the experience. The fat and protein will not take you out of ketosis. If you are prepared to have a slight carb gain, enjoy the trip, do your best but, if you really, really, want to experience a special culinary delight let yourself have a TASTE.

I did my trip, trying to be careful. I still wish I had experienced a few things I didn't, but, I DID have a wonderful, authentic, freshly made Sacher Torte at the Hotel Sacher. (Salzburg and Vienna are the only places in the world you can have these authentic and fresh. There is a similar place that ships them in in Italy. Others are shipped in or imitations.) I had fresh Rosti and Raclette in Switzerland. I enjoyed a crepe in France. And, I had weiner schnitzel in Germany. They were my only treats in 5 long weeks of culinary wonders. I wanted to remember my trip as as enjoyable and fantastic and a full experience so I chose carefully what foods were my splurges. I lost weight during that trip, probably all the walking, and I had a good time. SO, think about what you want out of the trip. Talk to you coach about going to phase 2 or 3 by then and enjoy your 3 weeks.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-31-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #501  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Great JOB! Jordanna, how tall are you?
I'm 5'5, heavy on the top, skinny on the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Hi all

Well I did my first 5km race and beat my best time ever, only by 4 seconds but still unfortunately Im a little afraid tht I knocked myself out of ketosis by running as hard as I did and today the scale says I gained 2 pounds (WTF) and right after the race I had 1/4 of a bagel to replenish but i had to so if i kicked myself out it wasnt because I purposely cheated. Hopefully there is a minimal damage..Im now training to run another 5km in october and want to do it under 30 minutes.

Have a great evening everyone.
Way to go Sassy - that's so awesome, I'm in awe of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
I was wondering if any of the girls here living in Canada know a site like netrition.com to order some walden farms, PB2 and others things. I'm really tempted to order from them, but it's like 55$ for shipping to Canada..

and Jordanna I was wondering what you're doing to keep your carb under 25 a day. I'm keeping track of my food, and it seems like i'm always at 40-50 carbs a day, wich seems a lot to me..

We have many veggies that are allowed but does anyone have taked the time to compare them and see wich one are really low low low carb?
Are you counting total carbs or net carbs? If you look at my fit day journals you'll see how I stay below 25 or 30 g of carbs per day. I only eat the non-restricted items, I try not to eat too many high carb veggies & I watch on fit day all the time to make sure I'm staying below. I start my day out by entering everything I'm going to eat so I can see what my carb count is and if my menu needs to be adjusted then I do just that. Also, once a week or so I let myself go up to 40 g of carbs as a treat
Old 05-31-2010, 12:02 AM   #502  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

showgirlaz; Thank you for all the suggestions. Yes we have been to Germany before AND I loved the pastries Yiks..... We will be staying with hubby's cousin and I kind of know what they eat....SO... it will be taking my food packets...they eat a LOT of processed meats, cheeses and bread!!!!

Yes I will be enjoying the trip as the cousins are getting older and it will probably be the last time we go there..it is a beautiful country and the people are so friendly.

Good idea for the single packets of WF dressings, I will order them in the morning, Thanks

WELL WI #7 tomorrow I am crossing my fingers that I will much closer to 200 than 205!!!!!!!
Good nite all...till tomorrow!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 05-31-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:16 AM   #503  

Hey Ladies!!

Well.. It is midnight on the eastern side of the North American Continent! And, We have 502 posts. In respect of the 500 post per thread, I am starting the thread for the next week now. If you have something to post, please quote, copy/paste to the new thread! I am sure a moderator will shut us down soon.

Happy memorial day!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3315990

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-31-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:43 AM   #504  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Yeah I say you explain to him (I have to guess it is a him because of his approach LOL) that..... Maybe he needs to know you are not aiming to lose weight with him but rather get definition.

It is hard for them to get that, but ultimately you are the client and if he does not adjust to your needs them maybe get a gentler one for a bit that will focus on building muscle for a bit.
PERFECT wording! I will try it. Sure wish you were near me! I would hire you!

Quote:
Hi all

Well I did my first 5km race and beat my best time ever, only by 4 seconds but still unfortunately Im a little afraid tht I knocked myself out of ketosis by running as hard as I did and today the scale says I gained 2 pounds (WTF) and right after the race I had 1/4 of a bagel to replenish but i had to so if i kicked myself out it wasnt because I purposely cheated. Hopefully there is a minimal damage..Im now training to run another 5km in october and want to do it under 30 minutes.

Have a great evening everyone.
Congratulations!! Remember, races are women in 1/10th of thousandths So 4 seconds was alot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post

We have many veggies that are allowed but does anyone have taked the time to compare them and see wich one are really low low low carb?
I have a chart I will post on the next week chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
I am very interested in the recipes that use rhubarb. I have gone to Bloom and Giant looking for frozen rhubarb. No luck. Any suggestions where to find it?
Not sure what part of Virginia you are in but, try whole foods in the frozen section, Ukrops frozen, (I know some of the Ukrops have been converted to the new store ownership name.. can't remember what though.) check the frozen section of a trader joes. See if your local grocer can order some frozen for you! Also, there are some Tom Leonard stores around VA and they might have some fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
yeah......so i went to the lake today on our friends' boat and i totally screwed up, not once but many times..michelob ultra, jagerbombs, vodka and life waters, smoked sausage and then to top it all off a taco bell fietsa taco salad and i ate the tortilla shell....i feel so guilty and awful but i am glad to have you guys to "confess" to and get back on track again tomorrow. i feel like i let myself down and it is SOOOOOOOO a slippery slope
As long as we are confessing, Let me share that I have 10.. yes, 10 boxes of girl scout cookies waiting for a day that I can have one. What kind of sane, rational person buys 10 boxes of girl scout cookies waiting for a day to eat them!! LOL
Old 05-31-2010, 12:55 AM   #505  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

At folks house. Only cheating with extra lean meats... So I"ll be fine I think
Old 05-31-2010, 06:12 AM   #506  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi all

Excellent! Congratulations. I'm sure you'll get another PR next time around!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #507  

Just a reminder of where to find us now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hey Ladies!!

Well.. It is midnight on the eastern side of the North American Continent! And, We have 502 posts. In respect of the 500 post per thread, I am starting the thread for the next week now. If you have something to post, please quote, copy/paste to the new thread! I am sure a moderator will shut us down soon.

Happy memorial day!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3315990
Old 05-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #508  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Actually, I think the person who started the thread can close it. Try it next time, using the Edit options.
Closed Thread