Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
pita: I loved the dibbs story! I was wondering have you returned the love in the cigarettes yet? Also, I use the flavored sweet leaf stevia drops and they are awesome. I flavor my coffee, tea, water, shakes, desserts and more.

didn't because smokes are close to $10 a pack here so seemed like a waste. I did take them and put them in a different drawer too.

I love organic foods. I try to stick with them as much as I possibly can and ALWAYS with meats and eggs. They just taste better. I really love the vanilla and rhubarb too. It is perfect in balance for me

I always take the skin off after cooking. Actually, since I don't eat the skin anyway, I have been pressure cooking my chickens. A 4-pound chicken cooks perfectly in 25 minutes after the control jiggles. It takes about 5 minutes for the control to jiggle and 5-10 minutes for the pressure to release on its own. That's pretty fast cooking when you're in a hurry and need to eat fast or binge. You can still season it the way Carla suggests. I take the skin off and then take the meat off the bone while the meat is still pretty warm (to hot).

I'm not in your area, but you can order WF products from Netrition.com. They have everything and shipping is a flat $5 for the whole order. It arrives pretty fast too without having to pay extra for faster delivery.
oh its getting roasted tonight! I never eat the skin either but thought if we cook it with skin then it will be way fattier but I think pealing the skin off before cooking is going to help that.

RE WF products: what I had ordered on the 17th should be here today. I purchased the peanut butter AND italian dressing. If I like them then I will try other things too. I am actually not a big fan of peanut butter but have always loved it on my celery; if it works well for that then i am game.

not much is new, since I don't have scales I can't really repot any imaginary weight loss or gain

ERIN: I have 2 sticks left!!! also for the last few days, mine had no color around afternoonish. what are you going to do?? nothing? or just hope and pray to the stick gods I guess. I wont buy anymore after these two.

I do wonder if they are just pH paper??? I have boat loads of those in the lab that I can take home.

are they just pH paper??? anyone know??

FYI:

I am an idiot and can not multiquote so there you are.

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-25-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Hi all

Since some people have been asking here is a brief update

Stressed? absolutely... and I just hope that after it's all said and done I can go back to normal and sleep better hahahaha

VERY busy month, not only with my wedding at about 10 days away, but we have had way too much on our plates with Mother's day, graduations galore (I didn't know we knew so many kids!) Retirement parties, My birthday tomorrow and not being able to celebrate it like I should (considering it is one with a zero next to it) another graduation Saturday, Bridal shower Sunday, surprise guests arriving Thursday the 3rd which means I have to get them from airport and drive them home and mall etc all before the wedding, my parents also coming into town and over for dinner that night (and be surprised by my guest) Planning a big surprise "grooms gift" for my then husband at the wedding, figuring that we will have only about an hour to dance if that.... yeah...stressed

My sister continues with her own agenda, saw this on her page today and it did bug me a bit:
"Plus, I'm traveling to the other wedding in Atlanta next week as well!"

...so now we are "The Other" wedding... maybe I am just overly sensitive now but really? Truly she could have waited a tad bit and actually gotten married in July, when her divorce will more likely be final, and let me have my wedding be the June one since we have been engaged for so long and all (I did mention her wedding is 2 weeks after mine right?) and I didn't cheat on anyone, and leave everyone, etc...sorry, just venting...I would never have addressed her wedding as THE OTHER wedding... I would always say my sister's wedding, but whatever, just sensitive.

I need to head to the gym now and to go see about my surprise for my fiance as well as another task I have been assigned (like I needed it) which is a trip to Costco (30+ minutes away) to get a "specific" tri-tip for my mom who is coming to the wedding from CA and wants to take to Orlando after my wedding...oh yeah...can you tell I'm in a mood? hahahaha

I started packing things that we need to take for the wedding last night (not clothes or anything, just things and gifts) and already have 3 crates!

I would love to tell you about my gift to him but this is a public forum and you never know who is lurking ;-) so I will tell you all about it AFTER it happens, I promise.

I did get a FABULOUS early birthday gift from him on Saturday that I will be wearing on our wedding
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Sparkly things make me smile
that is sic beautiful!!

and oh I thought my sister was selfish
Old 05-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 301.11/290/169

Height: 5'11"

YEAH!!! Two weeks down and I'm down 11.6 lbs and I've lost 5 Inches off my waist!!! YEAH!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 222/208/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Sad day in my world, my dear aunt lost her battle with cancer. She was a fighter, first diagnosed with breast cancer more than 20 years ago. It returned several years ago and she fought it in every way known. She is now no longer in pain, but that doesn't comfort me much.

Do me a favor and keep yourselves healthy and get screened regularly.

Hugs to all!

I am so sorry for your loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Yes I would like the answer to this too! I have 3 x a day and my doctor knows that. What is wrong with having them??? They are not restricted.
I have 3 of the chocolate drinks every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbrochu View Post
Ugggh!!! Had a dreadful May long weekend. Went on a trip to vancouver with my male friend and it was next to impossible to follow IP! We spent the whole weekend walking about 10plus km's a day for 4 days! But eating yummy asian cuisine at every turn. I am crossing my fingers that I can slip back into IP tmmrow without to much discomfort. Very difficult doing my Dental Hygiene job with a headache and feeling sick!!! Well cheers to everyone and hope all is well. Need to catch up with all the posts over the next few days!!! cheers ladies!

I too had a bad weekend.

I didn't just fall of the wagon, I threw myself under the bus.

I justified it so easily. My best friend came for the weekend, she is a pastry chef and she made my daughter an amazing chocolate cake. How could I pass that up.

then of course, with the heat way this past weekend. We were out in the boat Sunday and Monday which lead to me eating to glorious servings of Kawartha Dairy icecream.

I am however back on track today, doubled my water for the day to try and help.

I was up 3.5 pounds today, so hoping most of it will be gone by Friday's WI.

I am not upset though, regardless of how I manage to get the weight off, and how long it takes. I still have a life to live.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 205/186/135 started IP May 3

Height: 5'6

so I was a bit disappointed last week, I didnt lose any inches and only 1 lb! i have been sick for the past 2 weeks with throat infection, etc and was on antibiotics. my IP counsellor said that my slow weight loss can be contributed to the medication...i was sad.........but then again, her scale is about 4lbs off...so i always subtract 4lbs from what her scale says.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

I just bought some ruhbar can anyone tell me how to fix it . I have no idea . Keep hearing how good it is .
Old 05-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post
I am so sorry for your loss

I have 3 of the chocolate drinks every day

I too had a bad weekend.

I didn't just fall of the wagon, I threw myself under the bus.

I justified it so easily. My best friend came for the weekend, she is a pastry chef and she made my daughter an amazing chocolate cake. How could I pass that up.

then of course, with the heat way this past weekend. We were out in the boat Sunday and Monday which lead to me eating to glorious servings of Kawartha Dairy icecream.

I am however back on track today, doubled my water for the day to try and help.

I was up 3.5 pounds today, so hoping most of it will be gone by Friday's WI.

I am not upset though, regardless of how I manage to get the weight off, and how long it takes. I still have a life to live.
I also had a very bad weekend. Today back on track and feeling better already. What is done is done can't change it. Weigh in on Friday hope to have lost whatever I have gained over the weekend.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #158  

Back on IP today!

So happy to start this diet again after 1 week of eating rice, bread and pasta, I'm not feeling good at all, and was really happy to drink my premade chocolate shake this morning, yay! If my scale is right, I've gained 3-4 pounds I guess. I hope that I'll loose them fast.. My WI is Thursday, I'm not really enthusiasm about it.

I hope I'll be back in ketosis soon, I think I'll be like you Pita and Erin, I'll obsess over those d*mn Ketosix huhu. Wish me luck!

I was wondering if, when you cook your rhubarb, do you peel the ''skin'' or do you leave it like that?
Old 05-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 301.11/290/169

Height: 5'11"

Lady5andy - Good luck! I hope you feel better soon!!!

Vucjul, kiki28, canadianmama, Keep it up you guys!! you can do it!! be prepared for those "oh no" moments...have a packet in your purse or a premade shake with you - they are good even warm!! you can do it ladies!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Back on IP today!

So happy to start this diet again after 1 week of eating rice, bread and pasta, I'm not feeling good at all, and was really happy to drink my premade chocolate shake this morning, yay! If my scale is right, I've gained 3-4 pounds I guess. I hope that I'll loose them fast.. My WI is Thursday, I'm not really enthusiasm about it.

I hope I'll be back in ketosis soon, I think I'll be like you Pita and Erin, I'll obsess over those d*mn Ketosix huhu. Wish me luck!

I was wondering if, when you cook your rhubarb, do you peel the ''skin'' or do you leave it like that?
no peeling. I let it simmer (no added water) in its own juices for like 10 to 15 mins...it gets mushy very quick and you wont even notice the skin. I add little bit of splenda, vanilla. Last time I also added ginger and all spice...

I am NOT buying anymore stix. Done! I have 2 left though.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #161  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
I just bought some ruhbar can anyone tell me how to fix it . I have no idea . Keep hearing how good it is .
I use the frozen stuff but I imagine the process is similar either way - throw it in a pot with a lid and let it simmer for about 15 minutes until it breaks down and gets all gooey like pie filling. I then add some splenda, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and let it simmer a bit longer to incorporate the spices and then I either eat it out of a bowl as is or I put it in a baking dish and top it with the IP Maple Oatmeal (1 pkg mixed with 1 tbsp of melted butter) and bake it in the oven for about 12 - 15 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Back on IP today!

Welcome back lady - glad you're feeling better!

I used to be obsessed with the ketostix but then figured, if I'm not cheating then I'm in ketosis and there is nothing to worry about. Sometimes though if I feel a bit off I will check to see if I'm still in ketosis so I keep them under the sink for just in case!

Sare - congrats on your loss, you're doing great!! Keep up the good work!

kiki - I'm sure you'll be back on track next week, just keep at it and the scale will reward you for your effort!! Many on the boards have had a bad week or two due to antibiotics and being sick and bounced back with great #'s and I'm sure you'll do the same!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm starting to lose it. Last night I had a dream that I drove up to an IP restaurant- complete with drive thru. They had only IP safe foods and I was able to order a chocolate cookie. It was like they'd taken everyones' recipies and perfected them.

You all should be concerned for my sanity. I don't think I've ever dreamed of eating food before!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
I'm starting to lose it. Last night I had a dream that I drove up to an IP restaurant- complete with drive thru. They had only IP safe foods and I was able to order a chocolate cookie. It was like they'd taken everyones' recipies and perfected them.

You all should be concerned for my sanity. I don't think I've ever dreamed of eating food before!
Hahaha QueenJumbie - did you know drug addicts in recovery often dream of doing their drug of choice...
Old 05-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #164  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Novak, looking good! I know what you mean about being shy about pictures. I'm the same. So I'll just say I look similar to Novak in both before and after pics. Just change the hair color to dark brown and take off the glasses (I wear contacts.)

Breakfasts have been huge and yummy on phase 3. The rest of the day is just like phase 2 except you can have any vegetable now. So I had a spoonful of mashed potatoes and some peas early on. Divine. There will be a weight gain of 2 1/2 to 5 pounds sometime between starting phase 3 and phase 4 depending on your sex and size. It is not fat. It is glycogen being replenished in the body. So you might consider going into phase 3 that much less than your actual goal. I didn't because my husband was too impatient for me to be done. He doesn't like me quite so bony.
Hey, no fair! You can't claim my pictures... you have to provide your own!

I agree about the breakfasts on Phase 3: so much food, but so good. I actually overshot my target by 2 pounds, put on a pound an a half after two days on Phase 3, then lost it again. I really don't know where I'm going to end up, but anywhere in the neighborhood is okay. I have not started adding back other veggies... I didn't see that in the materials I printed out. What are you using for guidance?
Old 05-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #165  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
At Kelsey's request, I have placed appropriately discreet "Before" and "After" shots on my public profile. With the new format for the IP forum, I can only hope that no one will see this message.

And on that subject, we may all need to be retrained.
OMG - you are beautiful. Your pictures brought tears to my eyes. Happy tears! The most happy ones possible. Thank you so much. You will never know how much you inspire me. There's just something about you! Wow. Thanks so much!
Closed Thread