Old 09-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #481  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Nella ~ That's something I may very well do. Think I'll stop over there today. It's just so daunting in there. So much to look through.

april ~ I love your avatar.

bidmid ~ with staying OP. Keep it up.

meowmix ~ Way to go girlie. You are doing awesome.

Last edited by Delphi; 09-18-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

*yawn* Afternoon girls! *yawn* I am soooo tired!!!!!

Delphi
~ No. Really and truly. I never EVER thought I'd be in the 130s again! I shot for 150 because not only did it seem more obtainable from 200, but because I thought that was the best I could do kwim? And hey, right back at ya hun! Your positive attitude is just infectuous and it keeps me motivated every day! All open gym is, is that they open the basketball gym for kids to play on tumbling mats and with hula hoops and basketballs--it's nothing structured, just a place to play inside. I'm thinking it's going to be our saving grace come Winter! Ya know, I swear by Goodwill! You can find tons of stuff there to wear while you're losing and it won't cost you much at all. Just try to go it alone--unless your kiddos are okay with you sorting through racks.

Tummy~ glad to hear your run went well! Are you listening to music when you run? When I was searching for good running music I found a website that had different playlists structured around certain beats per minute--it was help people with keeping pace. I didn't bookmark it, but I'm sure I could find it again if you're interested. I need to beef up my playlist, turns out the one I made to do my 25 min run is too short for my 30 min run and warm up/cool down. You're killin' me! 135 on me won't 'skinny'--it used to be when I young and muscular, but now that I'm older and soft...I can tell ya it's not gunna be the same. However, it's certainly a whole lot smaller than 200!!!

MsP
~ WTG on getting your vitamins in as much as you have! I keep mine right next to the coffee pot so I can't miss them. I have a routine every morning when I make breakfast--the last thing I do is pour my coffee and if I haven't taken my vitamins and meds by then, I remember the second I hit that coffee pot. Have fun making cookies! I'm not quite strong enough for that yet--muffins and stuff I can do so far, but cookies...I dunno...I'm scared to try!

dcapulet~ Hey girlie! We miss ya hun! Hope to chat more soon!

April~ sorry about the scale being up, but I'm sure it'll be gone in no time. Feel free to send your cold rainy weather my way! I love that stuff!!! Mmmm, cake! I love cake! I'm so thankful that my fil makes all the Birthday cakes for the family--it means less temptation for me!

Bigmid~ Hey you! Hmm...could it be you need more calories? Or maybe it's hormonal--I know I get the hungries more often during certain times of the month WTG staying on plan!!

Nella~ Well, I don't know if my girls would be much of a break for you--they're pretty meladramtic and moody too! Man alive, I'm in for it when they're teens! I told hubby he's going to need to be medicated when they start having PMS because most likely, I'll be going through menopause at the same time!

MeowMix
~ hey hun! Sounds like you're doing a great job!! I have total faith you'll do an awesome job while on your mini-vacation! You can do it!!! Glad you checked in!! It's nice to see people pop in and share their victories or just plain update!

Well, open gym was okay--only one girl showed up and my girls were barnacles like they usually are so it wasn't all that relaxing--but it was okay. The girl who showed up had mentioned last week that she had signed up for the 5K so I got excited--perhaps she could turn into a running buddy or something?? However, she said that she's going to be walking it and that she can't run more than half a mile without stopping. Ah well, maybe if she ever wants to increase her distance we could meet up for runs later...

But the best part of the whole thing was that we got to talking about the whole running/weight loss stuff and she called me 'teeny' I was shocked! I mean, me? 'Teeny'?! I dunno...But it sure was nice to hear that's for sure!

Not much else planned for the day, I really should be cleaning but I am so dang tired I just don't want to! Perhaps another cup of coffee will motivate me to get movin'!

Okay girls, hope everyone is having a great day!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #483  
There is no spoon!

Ladies, I have some bad news. I received a certified letter today from the daughter, stating that we needed to vacate the premisis by September 30th or they would begin the eviction process and I can't have them taking me to court and getting a judgment. So I will be packing up our things as soon as I get some boxes and shutting off services, the last week of September. I have no clue what we are gonna go, or where we are gonna go. I just pray, the good Lord will take care of me and the boys during this time. So I probably wont have Internet service too much longer.

This truly and utterly sucks. And that lady should be ashamed of herself for doing this.

Last edited by Delphi; 09-18-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

HOLY #$*% !!! Can she legally do that Delphi? I mean, that's not even 30 days notice!!!!! She really should be ashamed of herself--that's not acceptable at all!!!

UGH this makes me so mad for you hun!!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #485  
There is no spoon!

No she can't. And I could stay and make her legally evict me, but then I'll be liable for a judgment, and I don't need that. I had a verbal agreement with my landlord...so it wont hold up in court either..so I'm screwed. There is nothing around here for rent, and what is, is out of my price range or in a horrible part of town. I just don't know...
Old 09-18-2009, 05:19 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Hiya ladies, just a quick check in as I just got off work and have to run again....I just wanted to say Delphi--I'm pretty sure that isn't even legal. Everywhere I have lived they have to give you 30 days. I know you don't want to fight everything, but I at least think you have 30 days to move out. This lady sounds so horrible.....I know for me personally if my dad died I would be so devastated I wouldn't even begin to think about his extra houses and whatnot for a bit. She was knocking on your door within days! What a beeeeeeatch! I hope whatever happens you are able to get this all worked out and get into a good place.

Scale was up ANOTHER freaking pound today. That is 4 pounds total, but I'm gonna listen to you ladies with your wisdom and assume it must just be TOM water weight.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #487  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Holy crap! Delphi. I wish I was closer to you so I could help you. I am assuming you probably looked into it already but isn't there some sort of legal advise you can seek?
What that woman is doing is just not right. But karma is a ***** and she'll pay for it someday.

Quick update on me: Sticking to plan and I think I will be back to ticker weight really soon and then I will be able to start finally moving that baby down. Still packing like crazy and a bit stressed since we are supposed to sign closing papers on Monday but the notary still doesn't have our mortgage documents because the silly bank dude sent them to the wrong lawyer. The notary's office assured me that I have nothing to worry about and that everything will get done in time, but I still worry. NSV for me though...instead of running to the fridge to ease my stress I worked out

Catch you all soon!

Last edited by Newshinyme; 09-18-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #488  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Delphi -I second the holy @#$%& there is a special place in **** for people like that. But you can do this, you're a super woman and an amazing mom and I know you'll figure it out no matter how hard and impossible it seems right now. I'm going say a prayer for you hun and hope that it turns out better in the end.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #489  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Delphi - That really sucks, and I understand your reason for not wanting to fight. She must be a heartless person to know you have kids at home and need more than 13 days notice. I hope everything works out for you. I'll keep you in my thoughts *hugs*
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #490  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Delphi-My prayers are with you and your little guys. What a crappy deal! UGH!! I mean seriously!! Who does stuff like that?! Anyway, take care and keep up the good fight!

Not much else to report here. Have a great weekend, everyone.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #491  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Delphi- I feel for you and your boys. What a terrible woman she is!! Karma, though. What comes around, goes around, that sorta thing. I hope everything works out.
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #492  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Quick update: Ran 3.42 miles in 33 minutes and 31 seconds today. Hit 3 miles at 28.34!! Average pace of 9 minutes and 46 seconds a mile!! That's a whole new record for me!!

I managed to only eay one small slice of cake and one small slice of pizza at my SIL's 30th birthday. Boy, do I feel stuffed though. Urgh. Work tomorrow, and hopefully hiking on Sunday.

Have a great night!!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #493  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hellooooo Chickies!!!

Well, I've managed to have a brilliant Saturday thus far. Went to Curves for my official weigh-in and measurements. It would appear as though I've lost somewhere between 7.5 and 10 inches in the past month. I'm not sure because the same batty lady did it as last time and she botched the print outs. I'll ask the owner for some real print outs on Tuesday morning when I go. Needless to say I am overjoyed at either result and feeling fantastic!

Not only that but when I stepped on my home scale this morning I saw 209.8. I saw 210 something yesterday and the day before but I was hesitant to insert it into the ticker as I was certain eating out Thursday would come back to bite me in the butt... but it didn't! I shaved off calories all day that day and by the time dinner came I had PLENTY of calories. Yay!

I have a birthday/retirement party to go to today and so I'm trying to shave off calories again so I can enjoy a bit of party food and maybe even a small slice of cake minus most of the frosting. I'm salivating just thinking about it! Haha.

Running yesterday went really well. I felt on top of those 25 minutes and I'm ready to add on another 3 minutes this next week and see where they take me! I'm more than ok with being a JOGGER and not a RUNNER for the time being. In fact, it feels good just to be doing it! All these years I've felt like I CANT and now I'm finally beginning to feel like I can. It's inspired me to look into taking some martial arts classes like I've always wanted and I've found a place that deals in REAL defensive stuff and not just martial arts for sports and showmanship. I'm calling today to see how much it is and maybe, just maybe, I'll be doing something ELSE I never thought I would!

Delphi I agree with everyone else, karma will come back and bite this woman in the butt. She's being horrible and unfair and rude to boot. I totally understand not wanting a judgement against you but man do I wish you could stick it to her! In the meantime, I'll be sending lots of positive energy your way and willing the universe to take care of you.

Tummy You're right, it does take a village... I have been so motivated by this group and I tell ya, you girls are the highlight of my day. I love the sharing that goes on in here and it makes me feel like I'm not alone.

jessicado Gaining 4 lbs of weight around TOM would make me pull my hair out... here's hoping that jerk leaves you alone and you see one huge WOOSH of weight once he leaves. You've got it coming to ya!

Nella Congrats on the 170's!!

idream Um... you ARE teeny! Take a look at yourself in the mirror!

april Wow, you are booking it! 3 miles under 30 minutes is amazing. I'd need a lighted rocket strapped to my butt to move that fast!

Last edited by Shrinking Girl; 09-19-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #494  
There is no spoon!

Good Morning Ladies

First of all thanks for all the advice and well wishes. I have a very good friend of mine (who happens to be a case worker for families with children who have special needs) working on this with me. She has access to a ton of resources. She said she would talk to someone Monday and let me know something. She is determine to find us something...I just hope she can, because my Internet searches are coming up with nothing. So hopefully, we will find something, even if it's temporary. The boys are quite upset about it and right here in the middle of the school year to. It can't be easy for them knowing they most likely will have to transfer to another school. I mean we have been here for five years now, all there friends are at the current school so I definitely feel their pain.

Currently, I'm waiting on my grandfather to bring me some boxes so I can get started putting our lives in boxes. The positive in all of this is that, I'll be burning a boat load of calories over the next few weeks..eh? Which I still do not have access to my account to upload my band either. I sure the **** hope they know they are gonna tack on an extra week, for having to go so long without my service, THAT I PAID FOR.

So on a positive note I finally hit 174 even today. That means, that I sit here today as a normal person. Well not really...but at least a NORMAL and most importantly, a HEALTHY BMI. You know it's kind of ironic, don't ya think? This is the second milestone, that I'm not able to fully enjoy. Onederland, I was in the hospital with Canaan and now this on the eve of being kicked out. I tell ya, if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. But you know, I'm still happy about it. Lets hope that when I hit my goal, things will be brighter for me and the boys..eh?

Soooooo, I guess that's about it. I have a bit of nervous energy, that seems to be flowing through my typing at the moment. I wish he would hurry up and get here so I can put this energy to use with packing and keep my mind occupied. Didn't get to sleep until two this morning, and you ladies know I never stay up late.

Well, you ladies are doing a fantastic job and I do hope everyone has a great weekend.

Last edited by Delphi; 09-19-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #495  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, chickies. Just on my way out for DD soccer game, but just wanted to say to DELPHI That totally sucks. Sandye will tell you that I can not stand that word, so the fact that I'm using it means I am really *issed off on your behalf. I agree with whoever said that she should not even be thinking about the house after losing her dad, but she is and nothing will change that. *^%)#^!* *itch! Wish I could help in some way. I will be praying for you and your little guys. :On a side note, you look fanfreakintastic!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote