Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #211  

I am on the 14 days Induction and so far I am doing well.. Each day there has been a weight loss..Sometimes, a small amount, but it tells me I am going in the right direction..

Dee
Old 04-19-2015, 01:45 PM   #212  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

well ladies...this Atkins experiment has not been good. I lost over 8 lb in two weeks, but endured the most awful arthritis the whole time. I've been walking around like the love child of Frankenstein and Festus. Shoulders, arms, legs, and fingers ache and throb. I've been on an elimination diet the past few days in hopes of finding something that triggered all this, and living in deathly fear of gaining back. Things are starting to improve a bit, but I'm at wit's end with weight loss...and now another problem to solve...

Good luck with the program and the weight loss. I'll be seeing you in other parts of the forum!
Old 04-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #213  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
B: 6oz tofu
4 cups brocoli
1.5 cups vegetable broth
2 tsp EVOO
1/4 tsp sea salt

All blended in a vitamix-like blender on the "soup" setting... Yes, that's right folks... I had a big bowl of "soup" for breakfast.... AND I got a TON of veggies in already for the day... And all that for 16g of net carbs and about 380 calories and I'm definitely feeling pretty "full" too...
Sounds great! I've never cooked w Tofu before. Did you heat this up or eat cold like gazpacho?
Old 04-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #214  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm3060 View Post
I am on the 14 days Induction and so far I am doing well.. Each day there has been a weight loss..Sometimes, a small amount, but it tells me I am going in the right direction..

Dee
Fantastic, Dee! I love all the choices and information online, on this forum, Pinterest and in the Atkins books
Old 04-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #215  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaloula View Post
I found a great site for recipes! It's www.cavemanketo.com I'm sure not all of the recipes are spot on, but it looks like they are close enough to tweak for whatever phase of Atkins you're on.
This is a great website with more recipes!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 04-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #216  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Sounds great! I've never cooked w Tofu before. Did you heat this up or eat cold like gazpacho?
I have a high speed blender that's like a Vita-Mix blender and it has a "soup" setting... Just throw in all the ingredients press the "soup" button and the speed of the blades is so powerful as its blending it actually heats up everything and you have actual hot soup right from the blender.... Takes only a few minutes and it's all automatic... the blender shuts itself off when the "soup" is ready... It's pretty cool.... And you can do a lot of other stuff with it too... Great way to get your "foundation" veggies in... Lol...
Old 04-19-2015, 04:19 PM   #217  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

So I've really been wanting to start my running back up... I've run a few marathons in the past and I'd really like to run another one someday... So I've decided to take a break from "keto" since I've tried using "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance" plan before (same authors as NANY from the Atkins people) and it just did not work for me... When I'm running on a regular basis I do better with more "safe" carbs for me... stuff like brown rice, quinoa, even a slice of whole grain bread every once in awhile... And of course more fruit and veggies too... So not exactly sure yet where my "optimal" carb level is going to wind up...
Old 04-19-2015, 04:43 PM   #218  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Hi all!

Well I weighed in Saturday and didn't lose but didn't gained, stayed at the same as last Saturday. I've done really well this week but I am going to try to
back off the atkins snacks and shakes and see if that helps. I'm going on week four this week so maybe i'll lose this week. Still going to stick with it because I have noticed my clothes are getting loser! Good luck to everyone.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:14 PM   #219  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Hi all!

Well I weighed in Saturday and didn't lose but didn't gained, stayed at the same as last Saturday. I've done really well this week but I am going to try to
back off the atkins snacks and shakes and see if that helps. I'm going on week four this week so maybe i'll lose this week. Still going to stick with it because I have noticed my clothes are getting loser! Good luck to everyone.
My clothes are looser too - woo hoo!I was eating too many of the Atkins treats and need to just save for emergencies - was thinking also if I'm really craving something sweet- to have 1/4 of a bar- so I'll cut them up and portion out in zip locks
Took DH out for bfast so last night looked up bfast items so I'd know what to avoid. I got the western Omelette and had 1/2 piece wheat toast- left the hash browns, grits and the 3.5 slices of toast! I did realize I don't care for onions that early in the am
but did get my veggies in early.
Munched on celery during the day w cheese...dinner was Outback's Steakhouse Salad-
Ate out 4 times this weekend and didn't gain - yay!
Atkins fits in much better w my lifestyle and so much easier to follow- still learning though
Outback- skipped the pumpernickel bread and chicken quesadilla app my dear DH ordered. I swear it's like he went Carb Loco and has his carby food everywhere! Phttttttt!!
I'm being strong
Old 04-19-2015, 11:24 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Thursday and Friday were baaad. Dh's bday celebrating is now over and the next potential pitfall won't be until August, so I'm thinking by then I'll have a better handle on things. Tomorrow is officially the start of my third week, but I'm going to stay on Induction (for the most part). I've still got 40+lbs to go and I'm pretty happy here.

Breakfast: mock danish
Lunch: eggplant w/spaghetti sauce, provolone, 3 gf meatballs
Dinner: pork roast with pepperjack

Net carbs: 16
Cals: 1127
Old 04-20-2015, 01:35 AM   #221  
Motivated Member

1300 cal. 27 carbs

B. Western omelette
1/2 slice wheat toast w butter
S. Celery w cheese con queso, handful of almonds

L. Atkins peanut crisp bar. 1/2
D. Outback Steakhouse salad w pecans

I'll have to watch the nuts!!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #222  
Motivated Member

Default Yippee Yay!!!

Lost another 2 pounds!! It's working!! Woo Hoo!!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:50 AM   #223  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaloula View Post
Thursday and Friday were baaad. Dh's bday celebrating is now over and the next potential pitfall won't be until August, so I'm thinking by then I'll have a better handle on things. Tomorrow is officially the start of my third week, but I'm going to stay on Induction (for the most part). I've still got 40+lbs to go and I'm pretty happy here.

Breakfast: mock danish
Lunch: eggplant w/spaghetti sauce, provolone, 3 gf meatballs
Dinner: pork roast with pepperjack

Net carbs: 16
Cals: 1127
What's a mock Danish?
Old 04-20-2015, 09:00 AM   #224  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
So I've really been wanting to start my running back up... I've run a few marathons in the past and I'd really like to run another one someday... So I've decided to take a break from "keto" since I've tried using "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance" plan before (same authors as NANY from the Atkins people) and it just did not work for me... When I'm running on a regular basis I do better with more "safe" carbs for me... stuff like brown rice, quinoa, even a slice of whole grain bread every once in awhile... And of course more fruit and veggies too... So not exactly sure yet where my "optimal" carb level is going to wind up...
That is awesome!! Keep us posted and please keep sharing- you are a true inspiration to me and appreciate the food tips, etc.
My DH ran the 26 mile Marathon in Richmond, Va and runs 5 and 10ks - he loves it. Hasn't ran lately except for chasing our GSDs - lol!!
Good Luck!
Old 04-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #225  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Hi all!

Maybe just water weight- as women- we know how that goes.
Thank you again for posting on the MRC site about starting Atkins-
I was looking for something new and this plan is perfect for me and my weight loss goal.
Closed Thread