Egg Beaters - Original, 92 g
Butter - Unsalted, 1 tbsp(s)
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/3 Cup
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 3 Egg
Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 1 pepper
Ham - Diced Ham, 4 ounces

Lunch
Zuccini - Cooked Zuccini, 0.25 cup cooked
Vegetable - Squash, Yellow Summer, 0.25 cup (57g)
Chicken - Grilled Thighs With Skin, 6.6 oz.
Butter - Unsalted, 0.5 tsp(s)

Dinner
Schooner - Swai Fillets (Fish) Baked, 9 oz
Old Bay - Seasoning, 1/2 tsp ( 0.6 g )

Snacks
Home Made - Extra Large Hard Boiled Egg, 1 egg
Herb-ox - Chicken Granulated Boullion, 2 tsp
Old 04-29-2015, 11:14 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

SeeMyFeet - I lived in Japan for five years while in the Navy. They really have boiling hot baths in Japan. I had to get in very slowly to ge acclimated to that high temperature.

Michaloula - I have osteo arthritis. I never thought about hot bath for it. Since leaving Japan I am a shower person. I may have to try that.

bigdog - I am a gardener also, but have been too busy to plant this year yet. I have to grow my veggies in raised beds filled with potting mix. The florida soil is 90% sand and nutrient lacking.

skelley331 - I see you drink decaf coffee. Nine days ago when I started Atkins induction I switched to decaf. I realize that I can have regular but I tend to drink that to excess. The decaf still tastes terrible to me but I am sticking with it hoping to develop a taste for it.

TripSwitch - My doctor suggested WW but it is more money than I am willing to pay. So I decided to try Atkins after a 25 year absence. I have not been back to my doctor yet so she does not know that I am on Atkins.

skelley331 - I love fruit also, but I have given it up while I am in the Induction phase

Last edited by Larry H; 04-29-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:52 AM   #318  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
SeeMyFeet - I lived in Japan for five years while in the Navy. They really have boiling hot baths in Japan. I had to get in very slowly to ge acclimated to that high temperature.

Michaloula - I have osteo arthritis. I never thought about hot bath for it. Since leaving Japan I am a shower person. I may have to try that.
Larry, I'm not sure if it helps in the long run, but the weightlessness feels pretty darn good (we have a deep garden-type tub with jets).
Old 04-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #319  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Hello!

Larry: when I switched to decaf at first I did halfcalf and it helped me develop the taste for full decaf. Reg coffee tends to make me crave carbs, not sure if it's the caffeine or not. I use to drink decaf pepsi for a long time and gave it up and now I drink lots of water and my grape concentrated protein drinks that I get from the MRC center I use to belong too.

I started induction and did it for about 1 week. I didn't have but 20 lbs to lose so after the week I now fluctuate between 20 nc all the way up to 30 sometimes, but most of the time I try to stay in the mid 20's, it makes for a slow loss but I feel like I can control it better. I'm averaging 1.2 lbs a week loss.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:19 PM   #320  
Sherry, Senior Member

Wednesday:

1,247 calories
4,190 steps
B: Donut house decaf coffee w/sugar free French vanilla creamer by nestle
2 pkts splenda
mocha latte shake
3 strips bacon

AM snack: atkins chocolate covered almonds

L: Subway chopped chicken salad w/bacon, ranch dressing, unsweet tea

PM snack: atkins peanut cluster bar

D: Smokey griller, cut green beans, broccoli slaw, grape protein drink

Net carbs: 22
Old 04-30-2015, 07:03 PM   #321  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone!!

Larry- I live in SC on the coast and have to add potting soil and cow manure to our above ground little garden. This is my first attempt and started from seeds in a little planter thing a jig from Big Lots. Radishes, spring onions and tommy toe tomatoes. My daddy always had a big garden and I'm hoping I inherited some of his green thumb. Lol!
Skelley - the MRC drinks I have seem to be 2 carbs so that's still good for this plan . I love mixing them in my mini blender for a shot of protein! The grapefruit and kiwi melon are my favorite. I love the Atkins Dark Chocolate Royale for 2 carbs. I downloaded a Atkins buy one and get one free coupon and got the choc covered almonds and choc caramel squares. That sugar free choc though acts like a mild laxative which actually isn't a bad thing (haha TMI!!!).

I admit it- I'm a chocoholic!!

Tripswitch - great idea to be a member of WW even if it's for calorie control and ESP use them for weigh in.

I'm pretty much sticking to the Atkins plan but I'll lose, then the weekend gets here, I gain a couple then Monday- start losing again. We are co-owners of a restaurant and entertain a lot - lots of festivals and events. Atkins is perfect but I need accountability and someone to weigh me. There's a local weight loss center I'll prob join next week so I'll be able to weighin weekly at least for a couple months.
So today...
B. Atkins pbutter crisp bar. 2 net carbs
L: hamburger concoction (lean beef woked w shredded green cabbage, mushrooms, cubed green pepper- creole seasoning) served over raw shredded cabbage.( My DH is a chef and won't eat this but I love it!)
S. Choc caramel square. 2 net carbs
S. Atkins Dark choc Royale shake. 2 net crb
D. Swordfish and spinach salad w walnuts and ginger rice wine vinegarette

Will add up carbs and edit to update post

Everyone please keep sharing! . We can do this ��

14.5 carbs. 1459 cal

7000 steps

Last edited by bigdog; 04-30-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:13 PM   #322  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Hello everyone!!

Larry- I live in SC on the coast and have to add potting soil and cow manure to our above ground little garden. This is my first attempt and started from seeds in a little planter thing a jig from Big Lots. Radishes, spring onions and tommy toe tomatoes. My daddy always had a big garden and I'm hoping I inherited some of his green thumb. Lol!
Skelley - the MRC drinks I have seem to be 2 carbs so that's still good for this plan . I love mixing them in my mini blender for a shot of protein! The grapefruit and kiwi melon are my favorite. I love the Atkins Dark Chocolate Royale for 2 carbs. I downloaded a Atkins buy one and get one free coupon and got the choc covered almonds and choc caramel squares. That sugar free choc though acts like a mild laxative which actually isn't a bad thing (haha TMI!!!).

I admit it- I'm a chocoholic!!

Tripswitch - great idea to be a member of WW even if it's for calorie control and ESP use them for weigh in.

I'm pretty much sticking to the Atkins plan but I'll lose, then the weekend gets here, I gain a couple then Monday- start losing again. We are co-owners of a restaurant and entertain a lot - lots of festivals and events. Atkins is perfect but I need accountability and someone to weigh me. There's a local weight loss center I'll prob join next week so I'll be able to weighin weekly at least for a couple months.
So today...
B. Atkins pbutter crisp bar. 2 net carbs
L: hamburger concoction (lean beef woked w shredded green cabbage, mushrooms, cubed green pepper- creole seasoning) served over raw shredded cabbage.( My DH is a chef and won't eat this but I love it!)
S. Choc caramel square. 2 net carbs
S. Atkins Dark choc Royale shake. 2 net crb
D. Swordfish and spinach salad w walnuts and ginger rice wine vinegarette

Will add up carbs and edit to update post

Everyone please keep sharing! . We can do this 😉
Big dog
Weekends use to be my downfall and I would gain but since I've started Atkins I haven't gained at all no cravings so I control what I eat
Old 04-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #323  
Motivated Member

Skelley I'm so excited!! I thought the Atkins choc. caramels were 1 per serving but it's 3 per serving! so 47 cal instead of 140 if I eat one

I'm not really having cravings - and not hungry w Atkins just too many temptations. My DH has almond joys, homemade pies, chocolate hi hos, etc and drives me crazy. I wish I never told him I was doing Atkins because then I have to hear, oh, too bad you can't eat this. He's definitely a food pusher.
Makes me more determined to succeed ! For example he has homemade key lime pie on the counter right now. I want him to eat it and it will then be gone but he will prob leave it there for awhile. Last time he bought home a pecan pie. After3 days told him I was trashing it if it wasn't gone the next day. Just frustrates me to no end!!!! Grrrrrrrrr

Last edited by bigdog; 04-30-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:39 PM   #324  

Default Induction Day 10

Great day today, I took adavantage of the sunny day and spent 2 1/2 hours doing yard work and gardening. According to MFP I burned 1,500 calories

TOTAL: 21g Carbs, 117g Fat, 100g Protein, 1,567 Calories

Breakfast
Swaggerty - Premium Sausage Patties, 2 patty (1.2 oz)

Lunch
80/20 Ground Beef 1/4 Pound - Hamburger, 2 patty
Onions - Raw, 0.25 cup, chopped

Dinner
Angler's Catch - Farm Raised, Salmon Fillets, 4 oz (113g)
Generic - Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 Tbsp /14.9 g
Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon
Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average, 1 medium whole (2-3/5" dia)
Lettuce - Iceberg (includes crisphead types), raw, 2 cup shredded
Onions - Raw, 0.25 cup, chopped
Old 05-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #325  

It's a Great Day!!

My scale rewarded me with another 4 pound loss today.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:37 AM   #326  
Sherry, Senior Member

Had a great day yesterday!

Totals: 18g carbs, 82 g fat, 92 g protein, 1,252 calories

3,181 steps
B: decaf coffee w/sf French vanilla creamer, 2 pks splenda, mocha latte shake
am snack: choc covered almonds atkins
L: low carb 1/3 lb thickburger no bun just veggies, unsweetened tea w/2 splenda
pm snack: peanut caramel cluster bar atkins
D: Extra lean ground pork burger (from our hog) 1c 1% cottage cheese, 1c broccoli & cauliflower, peach mango protein drink

Tomorrow is weigh in day! Wish me luck
Old 05-01-2015, 11:49 AM   #327  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

It's great to see everyone doing so well here... I'm still trying to find my "happy place" with carbs... Sometimes I just want to go right back to Level 1 of Atkins '72 and start all over, but I just don't know if that makes sense... But boy, oh boy... did the pounds drop off fast doing that... And even Dr. Atkins himself said you should lose the last few pounds very slowly... I'm really trying to be patient, but it really is starting to drive me a little crazy...

But here is the good news... I have a Fitbit and Fitbit Aria scale, so it keeps track of all my weights and you can see graphs of how you're doing week to week and month to month and so on... So I was down a total of 10.1 lbs in March and 3.4 lbs in April...

I really need to get my head around the fact that losing these last few pounds isn't going to be easy and it's probably going to take a lot longer than I would like... I mean if April is any indication I won't reach goal until September or even October!!! So I'm really trying to get it together to re-group mentally for this final push!

Anyway on a more positive note I really rocked my Fitbit yesterday with 17,286 steps!!!
Old 05-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #328  

I am thru the induction phase. I have 20 pounds to lose , as that is what I put on when I was on MRC maintenance, so if I take it off slowly that is ok.. As long as it comes off.. I lost 2 pounds on Induction, but I had one bad day, so added a day on to it.
Breakfast... 2 eggs scrambled with tomato and cheese, topped with 1 tsp salsa

Snack.. 1 hard boiled egg

Lunch.. Tuna in a large salad bowl , cukes, tomato, Light Italian dressing, 3 carbs in dressing.

Snack.. Caprese Salad.. Mozzarella cheese, 5 cherry tomatoes, drizzled with olive oil, fresh basil from garden

Dinner 6 oz. baked halibut, lemon on top, steamed summer squash and zuccini

Snack.. 1/4 cup almonds
Old 05-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #329  
Motivated Member

B 2 boiled eggs
S. Atkins pbutter crisp
L. Small piece sausage pizza w no crust
S. ATKINS dark Choc royale Shake
D. 3 cups Spinach salad w NY Strip steak, walnuts, ginger rice wine Vinegarette
3 ATKINS choc caramel squares 2 net carbs, 140 cal

Meetings all day and Appts ...usually I don't eat the pizza - taking antibiotics for sinus infection so felt like I needed to eat something. I picked at one small slice for an hour and a half!
So my DH did eat the pie and I will have to brag on him bringing me grilled swordfish, salad and NY Strip
Congrats on everyone's losses!
19.6 carbs. Calories. 1,146

Last edited by bigdog; 05-01-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #330  

Default Induction Day 11

TOTAL: 8g Carbs, 88g Fat, 119g Protein, 1,359 Calories

Breakfast

Lunch
Grilled - Haddock, 4.0 oz
Collard Greens - Cooked Collard Green, 1 cup

Dinner
Chicken - Grilled Thighs With Skin, 4.4 oz.
Coburn Farms - Mild Cheddar Cheese, 4.5 oz

Snacks
Radishes - Raw, 10 large (1" to 1-1/4" dia)
Closed Thread