Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 08:20 PM   #346  

Is the weight management center sponsored by a hospital? I pulled it up online and that is what I found.. I need to find another place to weigh in , as MRC maintenance ends next week and I do not want to pay any more money there just to get weighed in... If there is any place that one likes please let me know. I am in Florida.

Today my carbs were 25.

Breakfast.. Egg beater omelet with tomatoes, soy cheese , scallion greens

Snack.. Caprese salad with low fat mozarella cheese, tomato , olive oil, basil
and splash of balsamic

Lunch.. Grilled boneless skinless chicken breast with herbs, 6 ounces, kale with mushrooms and one slice of turkey bacon

Snack.. Atkins bar

Supper.. Barbecued Turkey Sausage, 3 pieces large serving of salad, lettuce, cukes, tomatoes, few slices of turkey pepperoni, olive oil and vinegar dressing with herbs.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:42 PM   #347  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm3060 View Post
Is the weight management center sponsored by a hospital? I pulled it up online and that is what I found.. I need to find another place to weigh in , as MRC maintenance ends next week and I do not want to pay any more money there just to get weighed in... If there is any place that one likes please let me know. I am in Florida.

Today my carbs were 25.

Breakfast.. Egg beater omelet with tomatoes, soy cheese , scallion greens

Snack.. Caprese salad with low fat mozarella cheese, tomato , olive oil, basil
and splash of balsamic

Lunch.. Grilled boneless skinless chicken breast with herbs, 6 ounces, kale with mushrooms and one slice of turkey bacon

Snack.. Atkins bar

Supper.. Barbecued Turkey Sausage, 3 pieces large serving of salad, lettuce, cukes, tomatoes, few slices of turkey pepperoni, olive oil and vinegar dressing with herbs.
It's a private company in SC owned by a doctor and his wife who is a nurse.
If you like the counselors at MRC, that would be cheaper. Maint is $129 a year w MRC. The MRC in my small town uses reg scales, don't measure fat ratio,they don't measure me, they are untrained and confusing. The larger center I liked is an hour away.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:17 AM   #348  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
It's a private company in SC owned by a doctor and his wife who is a nurse.
If you like the counselors at MRC, that would be cheaper. Maint is $129 a year w MRC. The MRC in my small town uses reg scales, don't measure fat ratio,they don't measure me, they are untrained and confusing. The larger center I liked is an hour away.
Well, with that said - went to get labs done as required by this weight mgmt group and lab said the cost is $475 with insurance!!' What the he//? I had to pay $100 for a consult, EKG and then $112 per month which is supposed to include B-12 shots and appetite suppressant. I'm thinking I just need to stick w MRC and hope for better counselors and maybe even go to the big center on Saturdays for a couple times a month- guess I lost the $100 if I don't go back but it will be better than throwing more money down the drain. I also talked to BC BS insurance and they will reimburse me for $150 a year for any weight mgmt group I join if approved. MRC, weight watchers all on approved list.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:25 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Induction Day 17

Great day today got in a lot of Yard work and stayed on plan. I am going to reward myself tommorrow by riding my Honda Shadow. I will be joining a group motorcycle ride with a lot of friends.

TOTAL: 9g Carbs, 70g Fat, 155g Protein, 1,309 Calories

Breakfast
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/6 Cup
Generic - Onion Yellow Sweet 1 Med Slice, 0.5 slice
Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 1 pepper
Generic - Extra Large Eggs, 3 egg

Lunch
Collard Greens - Cooked Collard Green, 1 cup
Home Grilled - Haddock, 4.0 oz

Dinner
Port Side - Tilapia Premuim Fillets, 3 fillet

Snacks
Mt. Olive - Delicatessen Style Pepperoncini, 2 oz about 4 peppers
Kurtz - Kosher Dill Spears, 4 oz
Coburn Farms - Mild Cheddar Cheese, 4.25 oz
Old 05-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #350  

I had mentioned that Atkins bars that I took as a snack curbed my cravings as soon as I ate the bar... However, I notice every time I eat one, I gain 1 to 1/2 pounds next morning.. So unfortunately will have to omit them for now and eat real food for snacks..
Old 05-09-2015, 08:40 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Larry, enjoy your ride today! (I'm jealous!)

Dee, that's too bad! I hope you find a good replacement that takes the cravings away.

I found this recipe the other day and we all liked it. (My oldest son had the leftovers for breakfast two days in a row, lol!)

3-4 c cooked, cubed chicken
1 lb pork sausage
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 T minced onion
1 carton of sliced mushrooms
4 oz cream cheese, softened
½ c mayo
16oz frozen cauliflower, cooked, drained and roughly chopped
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
Paprika to sprinkle on top (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.* Brown sausage with celery, onion and mushrooms. Stir the softened cream cheese and mayo into the sausage mixture until well blended. Add in cauliflower and mix well. Spread in greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until bubbly and top is lightly browned.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #352  
Motivated Member

Beautiful weekend!
Helping my DH build a marsh room (kind of like a Florida room but we don't live in FL!) lol
Larry - hope u had a great time on your bike ride!
Still not understanding the net carbs vs carbs so will be counting real carbs on the MVP. For example - the Atkins shakes are 10 real carbs and 2 net carbs. I know it's carbs-fiber but seems to me that's a false read.
I do better w the sugar free protein bars w less carbs that I can order online if I really need a treat. Or sugar free fat free jello blended w cool whip.

This am had turkey bacon and an Almased protein shake (out of eggs!!! Yikes - will have to go grocery shopping)
Yesterday,
2 fried eggs in Olive oil
Turkey bacon
S. Half Atkins protein bar
L. Lettuce and cabbage salad w turkey bacon
S. Celery w cream cheese
D. Sushi and won ton soup, shrimp (at a Japanese buffet). I should have took off the rice. For the soup- one wonton and rest broth.
I know - not on plan.
I rode exercise bike for 45 min and construction helper all day so hopefully the activity counteracted the carbs
lots of activity planned today!
Have a great Sunday!
Old 05-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #353  

Default Induction

After re-reading the 2002 Atkins book I have decided to stop counting calories and only count Carbs, Fats, and Protein. Today is the closest I have came to my daily goals. I have not gone over since starting Atkins but I am usually too far under especially in the fats which along with low carbs and medium protein are the key to this diet.

Total: 11 Carbs, 135 Fat, 110 Protein

Goal: 23 Carbs, 140 Fat, 113 Protein
Old 05-11-2015, 01:22 PM   #354  

The scale was kind to me today with a 3 pound loss!! :
Old 05-11-2015, 01:34 PM   #355  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
The scale was kind to me today with a 3 pound loss!! :
Congratulations Larry on your loss!!!
Old 05-11-2015, 01:36 PM   #356  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
After re-reading the 2002 Atkins book I have decided to stop counting calories and only count Carbs, Fats, and Protein. Today is the closest I have came to my daily goals. I have not gone over since starting Atkins but I am usually too far under especially in the fats which along with low carbs and medium protein are the key to this diet.

Total: 11 Carbs, 135 Fat, 110 Protein

Goal: 23 Carbs, 140 Fat, 113 Protein
I wish I could only count carbs, unfortunately when I did that I started gaining weight, I was eating too much.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:36 PM   #357  

I have b een using the Atkins site to log my meals and snacks.. Sure is not easy to log in things. They say it will be new and improved next month.

Bigdog, I found something out about counting net carbs..

Re: Atkins Caramel Chocolate Nut Roll.

This is how they calculate it.. Total carbs = 19 g minus fiber of 6 grams minus sugar alcohols of 10 grams = net carbs of 3 grams.

Congrats on your weight loss Larry..
Old 05-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #358  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
I wish I could only count carbs, unfortunately when I did that I started gaining weight, I was eating too much.
Me too Skelley! My poor husband... We were having steak and salad and he started putting olive oil on my steak - I was like - no oil. Then Caesar salad dressing- nope! Actually took half of a juicy ruby red grapefruit and squeezed the juice over the salad - yum! So guess I'm carb and calorie sensitive. Joy
Old 05-11-2015, 10:12 PM   #359  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm3060 View Post
I have b een using the Atkins site to log my meals and snacks.. Sure is not easy to log in things. They say it will be new and improved next month.

Bigdog, I found something out about counting net carbs..

Re: Atkins Caramel Chocolate Nut Roll.

This is how they calculate it.. Total carbs = 19 g minus fiber of 6 grams minus sugar alcohols of 10 grams = net carbs of 3 grams.

Congrats on your weight loss Larry..
Thks for the info - I'm back to counting just carbs- was gaining w those snack bars and shakes
Old 05-12-2015, 02:47 PM   #360  

Monday was pretty good day I have been having terrific Carb control.

Monday Total: 5g Carbs, 106g Fat, 139g Protein

My Goal was: 18g Carbs, 93g Fat, 123g Protein

After re-reading the 2002 Atkins book I realize I am eating too much Protein which the body can convert to glucose and take me out of ketosis.

So my new goals starting today are: 18g Carbs, 109g Fat and 88g Protein. This is just a little fine tuning to keep me in ketosis..

I have been on induction for 21 days now and below is my daily carb counts. Theses are gross carbs not net carbs. In other words I did not subtract fiber grams from these counts.

4/21 12g Carbs
4/22 19g Carbs
4/23 15g Carbs
4/24 8g Carbs
4/25 7g Carbs
4/26 14g Carbs
4/27 15g Carbs
4/28 16g Carbs
4/29 13g Carbs
4/30 21g Carbs
5/1 8g Carbs
5/2 12g Carbs