Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Induction Day 7

My last report I called day five it actually was day six for me. Today went very good. Each day I have been cutting back 100 calories. Started at 1800 then 1700 and today 1600. I will let my body adjust for a few days and then I will cut my calories some more. I am leaving my percentage of Carbs, Fat and protein the same.

5% Carbs, 60% Fat, 35% Protein

Total for today: 15g Carbs, 106g Fat, 134g Protein, 1,597 Calories

Breakfast
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/3 Cup
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 3 Egg
Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 1 pepper
Sugardale - Hickory Smoked Sliced Bacon, 3 slices

Lunch
Zuccini - Cooked Zuccini, 1 cup cooked
Smithfield - Grilled Ham Steak, 3 oz

Dinner
Chicken - Grilled Thighs With Skin, 6.6 oz.

Snacks
Pork Generic - Baked Pork Chop, 1 medium (3oz, with bone, raw) (yield after cooking, bone removed)
Kurtz - Kosher Dill Spears, 6 oz
Mt. Olive - Delicatessen Style Pepperoncini, 2 oz about 4 peppers
Coburn Farms - Mild Cheddar Cheese, 3.1 oz
Herb-ox - Chicken Granulated Boullion, 1 tsp
Old 04-27-2015, 11:53 PM   #302  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

H'lo again..I'm baaack!

Well, off the "Atkins" plan, things didn't get any better for me. Made an appt with a PA, and got lots of tests for RA and Lyme. And some px NSIADs. Finally! Some real pain relief! After 1 day on meds, I felt like a Spring Chickee Of course, I've not been careful enough about overdoing things, so I've been hobbling off and on...but sleeping better and feeling more hopeful about life. (Gaaw! I'm too young for this!)

.....so today I thought I would go low carb again. Miraculously, I "only" gained back 3-4 lb from the last go-round. I expected it would be more, especially as I had to have some of DS's b'day cake and taste some of my home-made lasagne from his party. I'm not doin' Atkins '72 because I find it too proscriptive, so I'm just gonna try "common sense/Atkins inspired" low carb and try to keep under 20 carbs for a week or so...

B: 2 eggs w/ S&P & turmeric
L: #1 sm salad L#2: sm salad
D: 2 Italian sausages
oh crap! I had an apple for snack! 25 carbs!
so around 35 carbs and 1100 cals today.....(boy! I use "so" a lot!)

......time for my boiling hot bath....see ya later, losers!
Old 04-28-2015, 09:23 AM   #303  

Default Happy Days Are Here Again!!

After one week on Atkins Induction today was weigh in day. I was very apprehensive because in the past year calorie counting I lost nothing I measured and weighed everything and my goal was 1400 calories and I was usually under it with no loss. I was seriously considering surgery but at 70 I am at the upper limit for having that done.

So I thought my body needs a total change in eating, more than just calorie reduction. So I decided to return to the Atkins diet that I had been on about twenty five years ago. Got the book and read it because I forgot most of the Atkins program. I have been sticking to it faithfully, even eating more calories than before but severely restricting carbs. I had become a carb junky with carbs as the my main food source.

The result for the first week, a 4 pound loss!!

I could not be happier.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #304  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
After one week on Atkins Induction today was weigh in day. I was very apprehensive because in the past year calorie counting I lost nothing I measured and weighed everything and my goal was 1400 calories and I was usually under it with no loss. I was seriously considering surgery but at 70 I am at the upper limit for having that done.

So I thought my body needs a total change in eating, more than just calorie reduction. So I decided to return to the Atkins diet that I had been on about twenty five years ago. Got the book and read it because I forgot most of the Atkins program. I have been sticking to it faithfully, even eating more calories than before but severely restricting carbs. I had become a carb junky with carbs as the my main food source.

The result for the first week, a 4 pound loss!!

I could not be happier.
Way to go Larry!!! Woo hoo! Think about how much a pound of sugar weighs and you just lost 4! Fantastic! Keep posting - love to see your food choices so I can try other things
Old 04-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #305  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Had a good day yesterday:

1,383 calories
28 net carbs
3,165 steps
8 cups water

Feeling great! Clothes getting loose!
Old 04-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #306  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Welcome back SeeMyFeet and Congrats Larry on the big loss for the week!

So I just thought I'd check in... So even though I'm no longer following Atkins, I am still eating many completely Atkin's "compliant" meals, especially breakfast... I'm really liking making omelettes again... I've been using some really good local organic fresh eggs, and to keep calories down I just use 1 whole egg with 3 egg whites and I've been throwing in things like a few chopped up grape tomatoes and some feta...

I've also recently discovered Applegate's uncured turkey "bacon" with no nitrates which I found to be surprisingly tasty and I good way for me to also trim a few calories from my breakfasts.

For dinners I've been poaching a lot of chicken and fish in broth, also good for cutting some calories.... And I've also been taking 4 cups of streamed veggies, either brocoli or cauliflower and blending them with some broth into soup... So a good way to get in a lot of veggies and keep calories low...

All of that with really big salads, which I've been experimenting with various low carb and low calorie dressings seem to being doing the trick, even though I've been eating more fruit...

It was good for a 3.4lb loss last week! So I'm happy...
Old 04-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #307  
Sherry, Senior Member

TripSwitch,

So glad WW is work out for you, I did it last year and counting points was easy but I just looked at points and not other things so I lost like 5 lbs the first two weeks then it stalled for over a month. Atkins is the way for me but we are all different.

Congrats on your loss!!
Old 04-28-2015, 06:41 PM   #308  
Motivated Member

Same w me regarding weight watchers- I lost at first then stalled. I did like weighing in though because it held me accountable when I knew someone was going to weigh me . And great recipes and support. The WW forum on their official website though can be very snarky though- like wow.
That's the main reason I joined MRC again in Jan and did lose 15 lbs-so I could get weighed in but stopped going because the Counselors were so bad and pushing all those diet pills. I didn't mind buying the HNSs (require minimum 2 a day) but they were very aggressive on selling their 3 bottles of magic pills - yikes!! I'm paid up till end of May - I did hear one of the Counselors was fired.....hmmm. Anyway, moving on!
Hoping I can continue w Atkins and can stay motivated. With your support and motivation of course
Funny that when I lose - I rush to post here first! Lol

Tripswitch - yes please stay w us and share or we will stalk you - haha! You really know the Atkins program and are incredibly helpful. Great idea for broth and broccoli to make soup- I use chicken broth to cook my veggies in- instead of butter to cut down fat and calories. I need to tweak my plan and drop the calories along w keeping carbs below 20. Calories add up quickly and prob the reason I'm not losing as much. I'm not hungry at all and I think I should be even a little
Like Skelley said- we are all different and have to find what works for us. I eat a lot of veggies but think my portions of even low carb stuff is too high. Atkins says 1500 cal a day but I need to drop that to max 1200 to lose.

Seemyfeet ---1st week I had 2 tangerines thinking I was soooo good. HA - who knew? Carbs lurk everywhere dang it!

Last edited by bigdog; 04-28-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:58 PM   #309  

Default Induction Day 8

Another day on plan, eight in a row on plan for my Atkins diet.

TOTAL: 16g Carbs, 103g Fat, 123g Protein, 1,468 Calories

Breakfast
Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 1 pepper
Generic - Egg - Fried - Extra Large, 3 Egg
Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/3 Cup
Butter - Unsalted, 1 tbsp(s)
Egg Beaters - Original, 92 g

Lunch
Salmon (Grilled, Baked, Broiled) - Usda, 4.0 oz

Dinner
Chicken Leg - Grilled Grilled With Skin, 3 leg
Lettuce - Iceberg (includes crisphead types), raw, 2 cup shredded
Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average, 1 medium whole (2-3/5" dia)
Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon
Generic - Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 Tbsp /14.9 g

Snacks
Mt. Olive - Delicatessen Style Pepperoncini, 2 oz about 4 peppers
Great Value - Kosher Whole Dill Pickles With Garlic, 2 oz 1/2 Pickle
Coburn Farms - Mild Cheddar Cheese, 2.5 oz
Old 04-28-2015, 10:41 PM   #310  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

sooooo 1230 calories and 17 carbs...
and miracle of miracles...only 1 px NSAID today!
Hopefully, the pounds will now start rolling away!

next on the list....boiling hot bath and early bedtime (i hope)
Old 04-28-2015, 10:52 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
next on the list....boiling hot bath and early bedtime (i hope)
SeeMyFeet, I've seen this the past two days. Does it help your pain? (I can't remember, is it arthritis, or fibro?) Jw. I take a hot bath almost every night, too, but can't handle it mega hot.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:22 PM   #312  
Motivated Member

13.5 carbs and 1350 calories

B. Bacon and boiled eggs
S celery w cream cheese
L. Caesar salad wth 1/2 burger patty
S. Atkins peanut butter crisp bar, Atkins choc covered almonds
D. Chocolate Royale shake, handful pork rinds and choc cov almonds

Came home from work and had all intention of cooking dinner but ended up planting my veggie garden . Was late so ate snack low carb stuff.

8,000 steps. Busy day!

Last edited by bigdog; 04-28-2015 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #313  
Sherry, Senior Member

Good morning!!!
Another Good Day!

1,222 calories
30 Net carbs
3,331 steps
B: 3 strips bacon, decaf donut house coffee w/SF French vanilla creamer
2 splenda, Mocha latte atkins shake
am snack: atkins caramel peanut cluster bar
L: Starbucks sausage/egg sandwich no muffin, grande skinny mocha
pm snack: pork rinds
D: MRC grape protein drink and big salad w/boiled egg

Getting that skinny feeling back finally!!!
Old 04-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #314  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
TripSwitch,

So glad WW is work out for you, I did it last year and counting points was easy but I just looked at points and not other things so I lost like 5 lbs the first two weeks then it stalled for over a month. Atkins is the way for me but we are all different.

Congrats on your loss!!
Thanks! I find counting pts pretty easy too... Although I joined up online and I'm finding the WW website and app's to be really GLITCHY!!! It's actually really starting to annoy me... I mean I only paid $19.95 for the month (although if I don't cancel in time it will automatically renew and I'll keep getting charged) BUT counting points is just basically counting calories AND I could do that for free with MFP... Honestly, it's really rather frustrating... Plus I think all the "0" pt fruit might really derail me...

I'm going to do my best to stick with it for another couple of weeks and see if just keeping my calories relatively low, which is what WW's seems to be doing for me will work....

But I have a feeling I might be needing an Atkins '72 reboot soon...
Old 04-29-2015, 03:52 PM   #315  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
Thanks! I find counting pts pretty easy too... Although I joined up online and I'm finding the WW website and app's to be really GLITCHY!!! It's actually really starting to annoy me... I mean I only paid $19.95 for the month (although if I don't cancel in time it will automatically renew and I'll keep getting charged) BUT counting points is just basically counting calories AND I could do that for free with MFP... Honestly, it's really rather frustrating... Plus I think all the "0" pt fruit might really derail me...

I'm going to do my best to stick with it for another couple of weeks and see if just keeping my calories relatively low, which is what WW's seems to be doing for me will work....

But I have a feeling I might be needing an Atkins '72 reboot soon...
Fruit is a bit of a problem for me, I love blueberries and strawberries, but love love cantelope but very high carbs
Closed Thread